The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 08-16-2012, 08:55 AM   #126
DENVERDUI55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beantown Bronco View Post
I see you're conveniently ignoring the fact that you completely whiffed on the "Ngata wasn't dominant until his 4th year" comment.
That's par for the course he gets completely owned and just changes subject or twists what he says to fit his bill.
Old 08-16-2012, 10:04 AM   #127
KCStud
Ring of Famer

AmeriStanzi!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
I see you're conveniently ignoring the fact that you completely whiffed on the "Ngata wasn't dominant until his 4th year" comment.
Ngata was a good player his first few years, but wasn't dominant like he has been lately. He put it all together by the end of 2009.

Look at what he's done the last 2 years. He's become a much better pass rusher, he's batting more passes down, his rush defense is better.

It's not hard to see. It's not like he was a terrible player his first few years. He was very good, but now he's improved to a much better player than he was in that time.
KCStud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 10:05 AM   #128
KCStud
Ring of Famer

AmeriStanzi!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by DENVERDUI55 View Post
That's par for the course he gets completely owned and just changes subject or twists what he says to fit his bill.
Like how you ignore all of Poe's good plays and just point out his bad one's. Look in the mirror dude. Hypocrisy is a foul stench.
Old 08-16-2012, 10:10 AM   #129
Beantown Bronco
Athletic Supporter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Prater

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCStud View Post
Ngata was a good player his first few years, but wasn't dominant like he has been lately. He put it all together by the end of 2009.
Did you miss my earlier post on this? He was an ALL PRO in 2008.
Beantown Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 10:16 AM   #130
KCStud
Ring of Famer

AmeriStanzi!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Did you miss my earlier post on this? He was an ALL PRO in 2008.
So it took him time to develop. If you read my post you will see that that was the entire point I was trying to make. But no this board says Poe is a BUST because he wasn't Vince Wilfork in his first ever NFL game.

As for Ngata, he's become so much better of player since 2008. The last 2 years for him have been incredible.
Old 08-16-2012, 10:24 AM   #131
Beantown Bronco
Athletic Supporter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Prater

Quote:
But no this board says Poe is a BUST because he wasn't Vince Wilfork in his first ever NFL game.
Please provide a quote for this.
Beantown Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 10:52 AM   #132
Irish Stout
Ring of Famer

Run for it Marty!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Wesley Woodyard

Quote:
I provided a breakdown on why KC never loses an argument back on page 2. The conclusion is because he is an idiot and its not worth arguing with him. He fails to remember what his position is and takes up a new one at every turn.
Irish Stout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 11:10 AM   #133
UberBroncoMan
Your Local Nostradamus

2013... the year of Sci-Fi!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Duck Nacho

Quote:
So it took him time to develop. If you read my post you will see that that was the entire point I was trying to make. But no this board says Poe is a BUST because he wasn't Vince Wilfork in his first ever NFL game.

As for Ngata, he's become so much better of player since 2008. The last 2 years for him have been incredible.
Your single biggest flaw of logic is that you are comparing him to super stars.

EVERYONE has the "potential" after they're drafted to become the next star of the league. Just because he put up some good number in the combine doesn't mean a god damn thing in terms of him actually DEVELOPING as a FOOTBALL PLAYER.

It's ****ing absurd to defend it. He's either going to be a piece of **** that amounts to nothing, depth, a starter or a super star. ALL of these things are possible...and when you look at the history of the league, super star is the least likely possibility.

He's not a ****ing Andrew Luck or Von Miller coming out of the draft, where everyone KNEW the player would be a stud in the NFL. He's a combine hero that your team took a fly on with the HOPE they could turn him into an actual player that made use of those physical gifts.

I mean holy ****. I guess Brock is going to be the next Elway/Manning right? We drafted him. He has a rocket arm and a lot of great traits. ****. We've got a future All-Pro QB! Do you see how ****ing stupid that sounds... and we have two ****ing HOF QB's around him. Poe has no stars to mentor him...and his HC, who was around Wilfork, does not spend his time as a position coach.

KC took a risk on Poe that has an exceedingly high risk of failure if your expectations are that he's going to be an All-Pro player. Remember how ****ing solid of a pick Tyson Jackson was supposed to be? THIRD OVERALL.

Last edited by UberBroncoMan; 08-16-2012 at 11:13 AM..
UberBroncoMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 11:12 AM   #134
DENVERDUI55

Quote:
Like how you ignore all of Poe's good plays and just point out his bad one's. Look in the mirror dude. Hypocrisy is a foul stench.
His one good play?
Old 08-16-2012, 11:19 AM   #135
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

Stop feeding the troll, really. Pretend the guy doesn't exist. Anyone who talks to KCStud is not a part of the MethWolfe Alliance.
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 12:42 PM   #136
Bacchus

Quote:

I can not believe that you think a guy drafted at #11 is running 3rd string. Behind an undrafted guy I believe. Defend him all you want who cares. The guy is running third string. He never did anything in college to warrant the 11th pick. Denver was considering taking him with the 1st pick in the 20's. I'm so glad he did not fall that far!!!

It's all about physics. The guy has midget arms on his body. You know how and oldeer boy just puts their hand on their young brother's head and watch him swing wildly in vain. That is what Offensive lineman do to Poe.

Look at how short his arms are.

That is why he is dominated and that is why he'll never be good.
Old 08-16-2012, 01:53 PM   #137
~Crash~
My new dog

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Kuper

he is slow off the line I thought my god who is that slow turd.. lol
~Crash~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 03:22 PM   #138
KCStud
Ring of Famer

AmeriStanzi!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by DENVERDUI55 View Post
His one good play?
He had a few actually. Just because you don't sack the QB doesn't mean it's a bad play. Taking up double teams to help other players make plays, getting deep into the backfield, defending passes.
Shall I provide proof of this?
Old 08-16-2012, 03:23 PM   #139
KCStud
Ring of Famer

AmeriStanzi!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bacchus View Post
I can not believe that you think a guy drafted at #11 is running 3rd string. Behind an undrafted guy I believe. Defend him all you want who cares. The guy is running third string. He never did anything in college to warrant the 11th pick. Denver was considering taking him with the 1st pick in the 20's. I'm so glad he did not fall that far!!!

It's all about physics. The guy has midget arms on his body. You know how and oldeer boy just puts their hand on their young brother's head and watch him swing wildly in vain. That is what Offensive lineman do to Poe.

Look at how short his arms are.

That is why he is dominated and that is why he'll never be good.
It's cute when you think you know what you're talking about.
Old 08-16-2012, 04:05 PM   #140
dictionary

Quote:
We dont have to try and convince everyone in the world that we are correct. We know we are correct, and we even look really smart because of it: http://espn.go.com/blog/afcwest/post...er-derek-wolfe.
Old 08-16-2012, 05:01 PM   #141
KCStud
Ring of Famer

AmeriStanzi!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by dictionary View Post
We dont have to try and convince everyone in the world that we are correct. We know we are correct, and we even look really smart because of it: http://espn.go.com/blog/afcwest/post...er-derek-wolfe.
Same here partner.

The true value of Tyson Jackson
August, 14, 2012
AUG 14
5:40
PM ET
By Bill Williamson | ESPN.com
RECOMMEND25TWEET35COMMENTS564EMAILPRINT
ST. JOSEPH, Mo. -- Tyson Jackson is maligned and probably will always be as long as he is with the Kansas City Chiefs. It goes with the territory of being a No. 3 overall pick.

Folks expect spectacular dividends from players drafted that high, but Jackson will never be spectacular. But he has been productive and is a big reason why the team's defense is expected to be one of the better units in the league.

The Chiefs value Jackson as one of the best run-stopping 3-4 defensive ends in the NFL. Yes, No. 3 picks should get sacks, but thatís not Jacksonís game. He has two sacks in three NFL seasons. The Chiefs will continue to get the brunt of their pass-rush from star Tamba Hali and youngster Justin Houston.

It's Jackson's job to halt the run and he does it well. According to Pro Football Focus, Jackson had 38 defensive stops (characterized as tackles for an offensive failure on the play) in 2011. That total led the NFL in run stop frequency.

Kansas City defensive end Glenn Dorsey, the No. 5 overall pick in 2008, added 32. According to Pro Football Focus, Jackson and Dorsey's totals were the highest in the NFL by 3-4 ends.

Like Jackson, Dorsey has been criticized for a being of high-pick bust. But these statistics and the Chiefs' improvement on the defensive front in the past year show these former high picks are making their presence felt.
Old 08-16-2012, 05:42 PM   #142
Tim

Tyson Jackson, Glenn Dorsey, and Dontari Poe

Suck
Old 08-16-2012, 05:44 PM   #143
Bacchus

Quote:
Weaknesses:

◦Had a great combine, but it didn't necessarily show up on the field
◦Has a reputation of taking plays off
◦Has difficulty breaking blocks when engaged
◦Below average pass-rushing skills
◦Short arms for his height, gives up a lot of leverage

Poe is an interesting prospect, to say the least. With the great combine, he likely improved his draft position. However, it is wide open as to where he may go. Carolina or St. Louis could be interested in him in the top-10. Philadelphia or the New York Jets could want him in the middle of the round while Pittsburgh or Denver could take him late in the first round. From what it looks like, Poe could be the very definition of someone who goes too high and does not pan out or gets drafted low and excels at the professional level.

While Poe impressed scouts at the Scouting Combine, he has not really impressed scouts on the football field during gameplay. Memphis plays in Conference-USA, which is not a conference known for its football talent. Despite this, Poe had a relatively small stat line during his three years at Memphis. In 2011 Poe had 33 tackles overall with eight tackles for loss. He also only had one sack and two forced fumbles.In the past, he has also received a reputation of taking plays off. While he may not play every down at the professional level, he is going to have to give it everything he has when he is on the field.

http://www.eagles101.com/2012/04/25/...e-dontari-poe/

In conclusion. Looks like Tarzan, plays like Jane has midget arms and he will get dominated at the NFL level even more than he did in Conferance USA.
Old 08-16-2012, 05:50 PM   #144
2KBack
Rumblin' Bumblin'

Cake is delicious

Quote:
Same here partner.

August, 14, 2012
AUG 14
PM ET
ST. JOSEPH, Mo. -- Tyson Jackson is maligned and probably will always be as long as he is with the Kansas City Chiefs. It goes with the territory of being a No. 3 overall pick.

Folks expect spectacular dividends from players drafted that high, but Jackson will never be spectacular. But he has been productive and is a big reason why the team's defense is expected to be one of the better units in the league.

The Chiefs value Jackson as one of the best run-stopping 3-4 defensive ends in the NFL. Yes, No. 3 picks should get sacks, but thatís not Jacksonís game. He has two sacks in three NFL seasons. The Chiefs will continue to get the brunt of their pass-rush from star Tamba Hali and youngster Justin Houston.

It's Jackson's job to halt the run and he does it well. According to Pro Football Focus, Jackson had 38 defensive stops (characterized as tackles for an offensive failure on the play) in 2011. That total led the NFL in run stop frequency.

Kansas City defensive end Glenn Dorsey, the No. 5 overall pick in 2008, added 32. According to Pro Football Focus, Jackson and Dorsey's totals were the highest in the NFL by 3-4 ends.

Like Jackson, Dorsey has been criticized for a being of high-pick bust. But these statistics and the Chiefs' improvement on the defensive front in the past year show these former high picks are making their presence felt.
It was this kind of dominance that lifted KC to the 26th ranked run defense in the league
2KBack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 05:57 PM   #145
CEH
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Same here partner.

August, 14, 2012
AUG 14
PM ET

The finacial side is where the real issue is. Paying all these top 5 picks for average production and no true game changing plays impacts the team
CEH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 06:22 PM   #146
errand
Ring of Famer

Forgot more than you'll ever know

Quote:
And if he gets sacks this year? What would your excuse be? Just curious
Barring injuries, do forsee him getting on the field?
errand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 06:25 PM   #147
KCStud
Ring of Famer

AmeriStanzi!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by CEH View Post
The finacial side is where the real issue is. Paying all these top 5 picks for average production and no true game changing plays impacts the team
I agree, but Tyson Jackson took a pay cut this spring and there's nothing you can do about Dorsey's contract now. It was front loaded. Dorsey is only getting $5 million of his $51 million this year. Jackson's situation is all about next year when he is scheduled to make $14 million.

When he becomes a FA after this year, Dorsey won't get a big contract like he got as a rookie.
Old 08-16-2012, 06:27 PM   #148
KCStud
Ring of Famer

AmeriStanzi!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by errand View Post
Barring injuries, do forsee him getting on the field?
He'll be on the field a lot in the sub-set, which will be ran about 60% of the time.
Old 08-16-2012, 06:28 PM   #149
Broncos_OTM
Dropping bombs from 5280

Broncos Over All

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:

difference ngata didn't have any flaws. he was a can't miss.. Poe has a long way to go if he wants to be half the player ngata is
Broncos_OTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 06:30 PM   #150
KCStud
Ring of Famer

AmeriStanzi!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2KBack View Post
It was this kind of dominance that lifted KC to the 26th ranked run defense in the league
Nice cherry picking. KC had the 4th most rush attempts on them (over 500) and were 14th in yards per rush attempt with an old NT that struggled.