The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 08-08-2012, 08:01 PM   #101
Rolandftw

2/3 of nearly every fanbase thinks they'll win 10 or more games. If KC gets off to an 0-2 start, 2/3 will be on the suck for Barkley bandwagon. Start out 2-0 and they'll be talking Super Bowl
Old 08-08-2012, 09:04 PM   #102
KCStud
Ring of Famer

AmeriStanzi!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolandftw View Post
2/3 of nearly every fanbase thinks they'll win 10 or more games. If KC gets off to an 0-2 start, 2/3 will be on the suck for Barkley bandwagon. Start out 2-0 and they'll be talking Super Bowl
You obviously haven't been to KC. The town hates Matt Cassel and thinks that if a top 10 QB was in a Chiefs uni than we'd be talking SB with this team.

KC hasn't talked SB since 2003 when they went 9-0.
KCStud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 10:09 PM   #103
KCStud
Ring of Famer

AmeriStanzi!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Guy has been making great catches all of OTA's and training camp. He looks like he could be a solid threat. Can't wait to see him and Bowe on the field together.
Old 08-08-2012, 10:10 PM   #104
DENVERDUI55

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCStud View Post
You obviously haven't been to KC. The town hates Matt Cassel and thinks that if a top 10 QB was in a Chiefs uni than we'd be talking SB with this team.

Ahh the Fools Gold year. Only KC fans thought they could win with that D.
Old 08-08-2012, 10:15 PM   #105
DENVERDUI55

Quote:
This is so true. I could seriously see them only winning 1 or 2 games before their BYE.
Old 08-08-2012, 10:52 PM   #106
KCStud
Ring of Famer

AmeriStanzi!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by DENVERDUI55 View Post
This is so true. I could seriously see them only winning 1 or 2 games before their BYE.
Wow your Chief hatred is funny. Let me guess, the Broncos will have only lost 1 game by their bye week?
Old 08-08-2012, 11:02 PM   #107
DENVERDUI55

Quote:
Wow your Chief hatred is funny. Let me guess, the Broncos will have only lost 1 game by their bye week?
We got a tough schedule too. We could have 1 win to 1 loss because we have a legit qb. I see you guys starting 0 and 3 to 1 and 2.

Last edited by DENVERDUI55; 08-08-2012 at 11:05 PM..
Old 08-08-2012, 11:46 PM   #108
Rolandftw

Quote:

You don't think that if Cassel plays competent football and they beat a talented Atlanta team... and then pull a road win at Buffalo that they wouldn't raise expectations?

Lot of fans think they have a ten win team minimum, and they'd probably up it to 12. usually 12 win teams are title contending type clubs. All KC fans are looking for is a reason to believe that their team is a legitimate contending team.
Old 08-08-2012, 11:53 PM   #109
Rolandftw

Quote:
After their first five games, gets much easier for them. If they can even manage to go 2-3 in that stretch will likely stay in the race.

I have them starting out 1-4, but finishing 7-9
Old 08-09-2012, 05:15 AM   #110
KCStud
Ring of Famer

AmeriStanzi!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
You don't think that if Cassel plays competent football and they beat a talented Atlanta team... and then pull a road win at Buffalo that they wouldn't raise expectations?

Lot of fans think they have a ten win team minimum, and they'd probably up it to 12. usually 12 win teams are title contending type clubs. All KC fans are looking for is a reason to believe that their team is a legitimate contending team.
It's cautious optimism. The expectations already are high. Playoffs are the bar.

And 90% of any NFL fans are looking for a reason to believe their team is a legit contending team. The 10% are teams that know they are contending teams (Patriots/Packers).
Old 08-09-2012, 05:17 AM   #111
KCStud
Ring of Famer

AmeriStanzi!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
After their first five games, gets much easier for them. If they can even manage to go 2-3 in that stretch will likely stay in the race.

I have them starting out 1-4, but finishing 7-9
I think Buffalo is one of those games we have on the calendar after what happened last year.

I'm not on the Bills bandwagon. I just don't think they are that great.
Old 08-09-2012, 07:04 AM   #112
Rolandftw

Quote:
I think Buffalo is one of those games we have on the calendar after what happened last year.

I don't think they're great either, but no team got more improved defensively then Buffalo. Their defensive front, if it can stay healthy, is going to be a nightmare all year.

It's a game KC can win, but they're not going to be favored either.
Old 08-09-2012, 09:27 AM   #113
DENVERDUI55

Quote:
It's cautious optimism. The expectations already are high. Playoffs are the bar.
. Lol I love KC. Queef fans set the bar low but in their minds it is high. I guess when its been so long since success and years of failure a low bar is best.
Old 08-09-2012, 04:53 PM   #114
KCStud
Ring of Famer

AmeriStanzi!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
. Lol I love KC. Queef fans set the bar low but in their minds it is high. I guess when its been so long since success and years of failure a low bar is best.
Yawn. Your team has one more SB than ours, so don't act like you're the ****ing Steelers.
Matt Cassel hasn't given anyone reason to think that we're a SB contender.

Let me guess? You thought Denver was a SB contender when Orton was starting. High expectations come with realistic minds.
Old 08-09-2012, 06:16 PM   #115
Peoples Champ
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Champ Bailey

Quote:
Yawn. Your team has one more SB than ours, so don't act like you're the ****ing Steelers.

Let me guess? You thought Denver was a SB contender when Orton was starting. High expectations come with realistic minds.

No, i think Denver is a superbowl contender with Peyton Manning starting.
Peoples Champ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 09:43 AM   #116
Heyneck
Ring of Famer

RIP Tripplets!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

hummmm how familiar... another 1st round bust for the chiefs. So what happened to this dude? Wasn't he supposed to be this awesome WR that would instill fear among CBs, and more specifically Champ? What a fail! Dude couldn't get a catch.

Did he even play? Or at least got targeted? Hahahahaha Bobo, what an Epic Failure this kid is up to this point.
Heyneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 10:35 AM   #117
Bacchus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heyneck View Post
hummmm how familiar... another 1st round bust for the chiefs. So what happened to this dude? Wasn't he supposed to be this awesome WR that would instill fear among CBs, and more specifically Champ? What a fail! Dude couldn't get a catch.

Did he even play? Or at least got targeted? Hahahahaha Bobo, what an Epic Failure this kid is up to this point.
You said 1st round bust (Chiefs) I figured you were talking about Poe, or Dorsey, or errr... uh never mind. too many to count.
Old 09-11-2012, 02:36 PM   #118
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

Quote:

Are you serious? The Bills are total crap and if you don't beat them it means Chiefs will be one of the worst teams in the NFL this yr.

Bills? seriously? they haven't been good in eons. They are always one of the worst defenses in the league. Also Mario Williams won't help much.

BILLS BANDWAGON? hell that is frozen in ice somewhere with Jim Kelly at the helm.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 02:40 PM   #119
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

Quote:

For a second we thought we were with Plummer. Thats why beating Steelers so important to Denver. If you can't beat them, historically for us that means we don't go to the Superbowl.

We only have 1 more Superbowl then Chiefs but we got to watch them both. I doubt you were a fan in the 70's were you? I was Born a few days before the Chiefs won the championship in january of 1970. I am going to be 43 yrs old soon. Thats so long ago its ridiculous to compare it to winning back to back Superbowls in the late 90's when all of us were fans.

Hell did they even call it a Superbowl back them?
Old 09-11-2012, 02:42 PM   #120
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

Why the Chiefs did not keep Jared Allen a complete mystery. Stud pass rushers just too hard to find.

IMO Broncos should already be locking up Miller. Do what Eagles do. You offer him a bonus about 5 mil less then it should be. But getting 2 yrs early makes them sign it.
Old 09-11-2012, 02:52 PM   #121
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Gene helping John figure out FA

Adopt-a-Bronco:
They'r all bums

I am guessing the way Fitzgerald has played since getting his payday that KFC will pull down a couple INTs and have a good shot winning this one. The real question is if the KFC fans will watch the 4th quarter.
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 02:58 PM   #122
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

Cmon Fitz always plays hard and catches everything near him. It's not Fitzes fault they have crap on offense. They let the other good WR go. They saddled up with 2 really crappy qbs, then sent him out to try and win.

Not fair to Fitz. IMO he's still top 3 in the NFL.

Calvin Johnson
Larry Fitz

then it would get hard to pick one.
Old 09-11-2012, 05:21 PM   #123
TheChamp24
Future HOF...CHAMP BAILEY

The Legend

I'm thinking broncosteven there meant Ryan Fitzpatrick, not Fitzgerald. Come on now folks.
TheChamp24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 05:55 PM   #124
FearLanier

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncosteven View Post
The real question is if the KFC fans will watch the 4th quarter.
The Chiefs have a great fan base. Very genuine people, but there hasn't been much to look forward too.

Do you think Denver (or any other fan base) would act differently if they were in the Chiefs situation with their history over the last 40 years?
Old 09-11-2012, 10:58 PM   #125
Bob's your Information Minister
Chiefs > Broncos

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CHRIS KUPER!!!

Baldwin played 12 snaps on passing plays this week.

He's a bust.
Bob's your Information Minister is offline   Reply With Quote