The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-07-2012, 09:48 AM   #51
DENVERDUI55
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by boltaneer View Post
Malcom Floyd says hi.
Did he pull his hamstring saying hi?
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 09:56 AM   #52
Rohirrim
Partisan
 
Rohirrim's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Twixt Hell & Highwater
Posts: 54,427

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson
Default

All I saw in that piece was, "May, might, maybe."
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 10:06 AM   #53
Ambiguous
Ask me about my title
 
Ambiguous's Avatar
 
Go fsck yourself San Diego.

Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Denver
Posts: 1,887

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller
Default

http://www.itsalloverfatman.com/bron...ner-is-a-tool/

Great read.
Ambiguous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 10:26 AM   #54
Rohirrim
Partisan
 
Rohirrim's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Twixt Hell & Highwater
Posts: 54,427

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ambiguous View Post
I ed. Thanks.
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 10:32 AM   #55
Ironlung
Terminator
 
Ironlung's Avatar
 
Snake Bitten

Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 997
Default

@ S.D. having the best back in the division.
Ironlung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 10:43 AM   #56
Kaylore
Shall we begin?
 
Kaylore's Avatar
 
You should have let me sleep!

Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Ceti Alpha V
Posts: 45,961

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ambiguous View Post
That is funny.
Kaylore is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 11:26 AM   #57
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer
 
Tombstone RJ's Avatar
 
Old School

Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: In the Tetons!
Posts: 22,038

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams
Default

It's really to a point that there are no good sports writers anymore. The interwebz has watered down the talent as the exposure/audience has skyrocketed from the web. Factor in the intense competition to be relevant and you end up with half-assed commentaries like this crap ESPN is shoveling.

I really would have more respect for Joyner and those of his ilk if he just said "I think the Chargers will win the AFCW because I just think they are more talented and I like the team." And be done with it. I can respect his opinion, he doesn't have to try and dazzle everyone with a bunch of crap analysis.
Tombstone RJ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 03:53 PM   #58
KCStud
Ring of Famer
 
KCStud's Avatar
 
AmeriStanzi!

Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 5,726

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

And if Rivers goes back to his 30 TD 13 INT form like he was 3 years in a row before last season? That might help.
KCStud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 03:57 PM   #59
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck
 
SonOfLe-loLang's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 19,428

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ View Post
It's really to a point that there are no good sports writers anymore. The interwebz has watered down the talent as the exposure/audience has skyrocketed from the web. Factor in the intense competition to be relevant and you end up with half-assed commentaries like this crap ESPN is shoveling.

I really would have more respect for Joyner and those of his ilk if he just said "I think the Chargers will win the AFCW because I just think they are more talented and I like the team." And be done with it. I can respect his opinion, he doesn't have to try and dazzle everyone with a bunch of crap analysis.
I dont think its watered down talent as much as keeping up with a 24 hour news cycle.
SonOfLe-loLang is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 04:09 PM   #60
boltaneer
17
 
boltaneer's Avatar
 
ATTA BABY!

Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: America's Finest City
Posts: 4,379
Default

Rivers struggled most of last year because we had a human turnstile at LT until Gaither was signed. After Dielman went down and Gaither and Green took over the left side of the o-line, Rivers went back to putting up big numbers to finish up the season.

Gaither's health is a concern right now and not sure if the backups are any better than the scrub they had out there last year (Dombrowski) so we'll see.
boltaneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 05:49 PM   #61
Broncos4Life
Ring of Famer
 
Broncos4Life's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Tucson AZ
Posts: 1,792
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xenos View Post
He's not though. Norv's offense is built on the deep pass and Rivers is the perfect QB for it, which still existed even when VJ was gone for most of the 2010 season. Did you think Rivers magically had 4700 yards during that season on yard after catch alone? It's why SD went after someone like Meacheam because he has that deep threat capability.
Again, I know norv runs it and Phillis operates! And yes he is
magical! Just watch him. Bottom line, I don't believe in Meachem, his
Durability, and therefore I think that this Deep passing attack will take a hit. And this 2010 season you speak of had a better OL to protect PR, not to mention Sproles as an underneath Yac guy that teams had to worry about.

Sorry try again.
Broncos4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 11:37 PM   #62
Xenos
Who got Bunny Ears?
 
Xenos's Avatar
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 1,199

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncos4Life View Post
Again, I know norv runs it and Phillis operates! And yes he is
magical! Just watch him. Bottom line, I don't believe in Meachem, his
Durability, and therefore I think that this Deep passing attack will take a hit. And this 2010 season you speak of had a better OL to protect PR,
not to mention Sproles as an underneath Yac guy that teams had to worry about.

Sorry try again.
We had guys like Seyi Tutu and Legadu Nannee go big in 2010 with Rivers. I think even if Meachem isn't completely healthy, he'll still provide that deep threat better than Tutu and Nanae did anyways.

As for the OL question, we had Dombrowski as the Left Tackle for the first quarter of the season before McNeill came back. It's a wash this season if anything.
Xenos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 11:49 PM   #63
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera
 
cutthemdown's Avatar
 
Zimm to HOF

Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Long Beach
Posts: 36,705
Default

I wouldn't count on the AFC west being pretty just yet. I still think 9-7 could win the thing. Raiders if McFadden stays healthy can win 9-10 games IMO. If he isn't then that goes way down. They would need the defense to play above their heads but really the whole division up for grabs. If all KC's players come back strong, Charles, Berry, and the FA tackle Winston is worth the money they could make some noise. Chargers IMO still a dangerous team with Gates and Rivers. If its true Gates on a mission then they division in trouble. Great players on a mission can be really dangerous and I do think Rivers and Gates are great players.

But Manning also on a mission. Can't feel good to all the sudden have people saying your little brother is better, you are washed up, one injury filled yr and your team ships you out for Andrew Luck.

He's on a mission also and he plays the most important position. I really think Broncos have a slight edge. Not a lot but a little one.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 11:53 PM   #64
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera
 
cutthemdown's Avatar
 
Zimm to HOF

Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Long Beach
Posts: 36,705
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xenos View Post
We had guys like Seyi Tutu and Legadu Nannee go big in 2010 with Rivers. I think even if Meachem isn't completely healthy, he'll still provide that deep threat better than Tutu and Nanae did anyways.

As for the OL question, we had Dombrowski as the Left Tackle for the first quarter of the season before McNeill came back. It's a wash this season if anything.
Meachum isn't as good as Jackson though. I think Flloyd has to step up for offnse to click.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 11:55 PM   #65
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera
 
cutthemdown's Avatar
 
Zimm to HOF

Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Long Beach
Posts: 36,705
Default

Chargers have some players to have a really potent offense IMO. Mathews will have to come through with no help from Tolbert, and Meachum and Floyd will have to step up. If the rumor Gates on fire and poised to reclaim his spot as the elite TE then yeah they could be really dangerous.

Don't think a whole lot of the pass rush or run defense though. They have some nice situational pass rushers but no guys like Doom or Miller.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 12:52 AM   #66
DENVERDUI55
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Meacham couldn't produce at a high level against #3 and 4 CB's so I don't fear him much in SD against #1 and 2 CB's. If you can't be a stud with Brees you probably won't with anyone.
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 05:44 AM   #67
mwill07
Ring of Famer
 
mwill07's Avatar
 
Lurker Extraordinaire

Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 1,844

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VMFM
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DENVERDUI55 View Post
Meacham couldn't produce at a high level against #3 and 4 CB's so I don't fear him much in SD against #1 and 2 CB's. If you can't be a stud with Brees you probably won't with anyone.
good point - Meachem was the #3 WR last year, and had fewer receptions than the TE and 2 RB's. Yes, he is a good deep threat but hasn't consistently been an all-around WR. I suppose SD has Gates to make those possession-keeping, chain-moving catches, but that's a lot of eggs for an often injured, 32 year old TE to carry.

Honestly though, I think they will miss Tolbert the most. Turner loves to run his screen game, and I'm not sure who will be picking up the slack here.
mwill07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 05:53 AM   #68
Raider9175
Seasoned Veteran
 

Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 333
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RhymesayersDU View Post
Tear it apart, OM.
It just as laughable that Denver Broncos are going to win the AFC west. Both the Chargers and Broncos will be fighting for who drafts first in the draft.

The Afc West is a two team race. Raiders and Chiefs. One of those two teams will be the AFc West champs.
Raider9175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 06:03 AM   #69
Bacchus
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider9175 View Post
It just as laughable that Denver Broncos are going to win the AFC west. Both the Chargers and Broncos will be fighting for who drafts first in the draft.

The Afc West is a two team race. Raiders and Chiefs. One of those two teams will be the AFc West champs.
you're a smart one.

I imagine after the Raiders start 0-2 or 1-3 we will not hear from you until next summer's proclamation of excellance.
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 08:52 AM   #70
DENVERDUI55
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider9175 View Post
It just as laughable that Denver Broncos are going to win the AFC west. Both the Chargers and Broncos will be fighting for who drafts first in the draft.

The Afc West is a two team race. Raiders and Chiefs. One of those two teams will be the AFc West champs.
You think pick 6 Palmer can win this division? He was a good qb til he got his knee busted up but its more likely he just caught lightning in a bottle for 2 seasons.
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 10:26 AM   #71
Ironlung
Terminator
 
Ironlung's Avatar
 
Snake Bitten

Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 997
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider9175 View Post
It just as laughable that Denver Broncos are going to win the AFC west. Both the Chargers and Broncos will be fighting for who drafts first in the draft.

The Afc West is a two team race. Raiders and Chiefs. One of those two teams will be the AFc West champs.
This post is hilarious! Oak and KC will be battling...for last place. Mark it down.

So you think either the Broncos or Chargers will be THE WORST team in the whole league!?!? Thats one of the most laughable claims a raider fan has ever made! & thats saying a lot.

In just one post you've managed to prove you know absolutely nothing about football...Congrats
Ironlung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 10:44 AM   #72
Rohirrim
Partisan
 
Rohirrim's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Twixt Hell & Highwater
Posts: 54,427

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bacchus View Post
you're a smart one.

I imagine after the Raiders start 0-2 or 1-3 we will not hear from you until next summer's proclamation of excellance.
Exactly.
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 10:48 AM   #73
boltaneer
17
 
boltaneer's Avatar
 
ATTA BABY!

Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: America's Finest City
Posts: 4,379
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwill07 View Post
good point - Meachem was the #3 WR last year, and had fewer receptions than the TE and 2 RB's. Yes, he is a good deep threat but hasn't consistently been an all-around WR. I suppose SD has Gates to make those possession-keeping, chain-moving catches, but that's a lot of eggs for an often injured, 32 year old TE to carry.

Honestly though, I think they will miss Tolbert the most. Turner loves to run his screen game, and I'm not sure who will be picking up the slack here.
Meachem hasn't lived up to his potential yet but in defense of him, there were too many weapons in New Orleans to feed everyone the ball. This is the year for him to shut up his critics. But he doesn't have to be an all around receiver. Jackson was a one trick pony being a deep threat and that's Meachem's claim to fame as well. They have guys like Brown, Royal and Floyd to fill the other voids.

Everyone thinks the deep ball will be in trouble, but if you look at Jackson and Floyd, they were equally as productive on "bombs" thrown over 40 yards.

Mathews is more dangerous on screens than Tolbert, easily. Honestly, Ronnie Brown is a great replacement for Tolbert. Different kind of back but a proven dependable RB. Tolbert had the same fumbling issues as Mathews. He was just more durable than him.
boltaneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 10:58 AM   #74
DENVERDUI55
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by boltaneer View Post
Meachem hasn't lived up to his potential yet but in defense of him, there were too many weapons in New Orleans to feed everyone the ball. This is the year for him to shut up his critics. But he doesn't have to be an all around receiver. Jackson was a one trick pony being a deep threat and that's Meachem's claim to fame as well. They have guys like Brown, Royal and Floyd to fill the other voids.

Everyone thinks the deep ball will be in trouble, but if you look at Jackson and Floyd, they were equally as productive on "bombs" thrown over 40 yards.

Mathews is more dangerous on screens than Tolbert, easily. Honestly, Ronnie Brown is a great replacement for Tolbert. Different kind of back but a proven dependable RB. Tolbert had the same fumbling issues as Mathews. He was just more durable than him.
He should of been a lot more productive in an Offense where their QB just smashed the single season yardage record. There are plenty of #3 WR who have produced 1000 yards. He could of and should of taken over for Lance Moore.
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 10:58 AM   #75
Xenos
Who got Bunny Ears?
 
Xenos's Avatar
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 1,199

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthemdown View Post
Meachum isn't as good as Jackson though. I think Flloyd has to step up for offnse to click.
That's not what I'm saying though to the other poster. I'm saying that our deep game will still be there even without Jackson. In no way do I think that Meachem is better than Jackson at this point. Now whether he ends up thriving in this offense more than Jackson is another question altogether (one that I don't know but hope for the best).

The area we may miss VJ is redzone, though he wasn't the same after 2009.
Xenos is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:27 AM.


Denver Broncos