The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 08-06-2012, 10:32 AM   #551
Rolandftw

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCStud View Post
Your stats are wrong. Cassel has beaten a Miami Dolphins team that made the playoffs. I'm not sure if he's beaten another one, but that one came to mind.
So I guess your whole Orton theory is off.
I'm not referencing his games with the Patriots, as they're not very relevant.. unless you feel KC has a similar team to that team. I think if you put Cassel on a 16-0 type team with one of the greatest coaches of all time, he can win a few games for you. But that's true for basically almost any QB in the league

The Chiefs aren't that team tho. Agreed that the coordinator changes hasn't helped Cassel out much.
Old 08-06-2012, 11:29 AM   #552
DivineLegion
******ship Sta at the Top

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Nate Irving

Quote:
Well I think KC does have a very talented team that should be top 10 in rushing and defense, along with some good weapons.
We saw what SF did last year with a QB who was in the same boat as Cassel. Why can't it happen again?
Top ten isn't going to cut. You have to be #1 or 2 overall in defense if you want to amount to the success of those three teams. The Panthers were #2 in defense after 03, the Bucs were #1, and so were the Bears. Remember the Bucs were the only team out of the three to win, and that can be attributed to good QB play from Johnson. The Bears had a pitiful offense, but Devin Hester and the Defense managed enough points to get that team to the Super Bowl. The Panthers running game and defense got them to the big show, but in the end proved lacking against a dominant Patriots team.

The 49ers last year fell victim to the same flaws that brought down the previously mentioned contenders. In the playoffs, a good defense can only carry you as far as the opposing offenses mistakes. This has become the new trend in a pass dominated league. It's a lot harder to force mistakes in a league that puts so much emphasis on the QB, and receiver. Disrupting timing, and "making QBs pay" are archaic notions now. To counter balance this you have to be able to match the offensive production you allow, hence the importance of an accurate QB. Alex Smith could make plays happen, but when it counted on third down he failed. Give a QB like Brees, Manningx2, Brady, Rogers, or Ben the ball with a min 20 left in a game, and your done.
DivineLegion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 04:03 PM   #553
KCStud
Ring of Famer

AmeriStanzi!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
Alex Smith out-dueled Drew Brees.
Lol you're so dumb.

Smith had 3 TD's and 300 yards. Brees had 4 TD's and 462. That sure is out-dueling him!
KCStud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 04:10 PM   #554
KCStud
Ring of Famer

AmeriStanzi!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolandftw View Post
I'm not referencing his games with the Patriots, as they're not very relevant.. unless you feel KC has a similar team to that team. I think if you put Cassel on a 16-0 type team with one of the greatest coaches of all time, he can win a few games for you. But that's true for basically almost any QB in the league

The Chiefs aren't that team tho. Agreed that the coordinator changes hasn't helped Cassel out much.
Why is it not relevant? Because the team was talented?
This is by far the best team he's had in KC. It has talent to help him succeed. In 2009, it was known that the team was just awful talent wise and there was no way for any QB to succeed. Last year he lost his receiver with the best hands (Moeaki) and a RB that averaged 6+ YPC (Charles) and he still had the team in first place the week he got hurt.

I agree that he needs to beat good teams, but saying he was only good because of being with good teams, but discounting his average play on bad teams is foolish.
Old 08-06-2012, 04:12 PM   #555
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
This is by far the best team he's had in KC. It has talent to help him succeed. In 2009, it was known that the team was just awful talent wise and there was no way for any QB to succeed. Last year he lost his receiver with the best hands (Moeaki) and a RB that averaged 6+ YPC (Charles) and he still had the team in first place the week he got hurt.

I agree that he needs to beat good teams, but saying he was only good because of being with good teams, but discounting his average play on bad teams is foolish.
That's like the Jets crying about Dustin Keller getting hurt.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 04:16 PM   #556
KCStud
Ring of Famer

AmeriStanzi!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBroncos4life View Post
That's like the Jets crying about Dustin Keller getting hurt.
Or the Broncos fans crying about Von Miller being hurt....
Old 08-06-2012, 04:18 PM   #557
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
Or the Broncos fans crying about Von Miller being hurt....
Oh so Miller is average?
Old 08-06-2012, 04:20 PM   #558
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Moeaki will never be any better then Dustin Keller. Stop trying to make him better then anything other then that.
Old 08-06-2012, 04:32 PM   #559
KCStud
Ring of Famer

AmeriStanzi!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Oh so Miller is average?
You just kinda make this stuff up as you go huh?
Old 08-06-2012, 04:36 PM   #560
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
Oh **** are YOU really saying this.
Old 08-06-2012, 04:39 PM   #561
KCStud
Ring of Famer

AmeriStanzi!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Oh **** are YOU really saying this.
I present facts. You present emoticons. Are you a woman by chance?
Old 08-06-2012, 04:42 PM   #562
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
Moeaki is average at best so crying about him being out is funny. Miller is a star so him not being able to play is a huge deal. That is facts.
Old 08-06-2012, 04:52 PM   #563
KCStud
Ring of Famer

AmeriStanzi!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Moeaki is average at best so crying about him being out is funny. Miller is a star so him not being able to play is a huge deal. That is facts.
Moeaki had a solid rookie year and proved to have outstanding hands a was an above average blocker. Showed a lot of promise.

You saying he is average after only one season is funny
Old 08-06-2012, 04:54 PM   #564
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
Moeaki had a solid rookie year and proved to have outstanding hands a was an above average blocker. Showed a lot of promise.

He looked a lot like Dustin Keller to me.
Old 08-06-2012, 10:55 PM   #565
Rolandftw

Quote:

It's not relevant because KC doesn't have near the team that New England had in 2008.

I'm not arguing that Cassel would fail to be decent if he was surrounded with the Patriots talent. I'm arguing that the deck is stacked against KC if they have around the 9th-11th ranked defense, with Cassel as the QB. And I'm not arguing that KC couldn't win a mediocre division with Cassel (although I don't think it's mediocre this year)

Obviously if KC has the top ranked defense, KC would be relevant as far as the Super Bowl goes. Losing Moeaki hurt, but he was an injury prone player throughout his career in Iowa, so really shouldn't be surprising to anyone that he got hurt.

Charles injury was huge obviously. Not just for last year, but it's likely going to be 2013 before he's close to what he was before the injury.

And KC being in first place the week before he hurt had a lot more to do with the division he was playing in then Cassel "leading" KC anywhere.

Far as KC having the more talent then in 2010, guess we'll see. I still see some glaring depth problems that could really negatively impact KC's team. really need the corners to stay healthy, Routt to return to his 2010 form, Bowe to be a quick learner/pray he stayed in moderated shape, Charles to return to form, Hillis being less of a retard then he is normally.. among other factors. As much as Manning is a question mark for the Broncos, I'd say KC has just as many question marks if not more.
Old 08-07-2012, 03:19 AM   #566
Jetmeck
Not a Chief's board

DUD................your home town bias is showing.

KC has more questions than answers.
Jetmeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 08:36 AM   #567
Irish Stout
Ring of Famer

Run for it Marty!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Wesley Woodyard

Quote:
Is no one else allowed to play by your rules?
Irish Stout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 08:43 AM   #568
Rabb
No Luca, No!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Dynamite Monkey

Quote:

I am probably the biggest Iowa homer on this board and hated seeing him go to KC...watched him extensively in college. To claim he looked anything more than average right now is laughable.

/waiting for you to blame it on Cassel
Rabb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 08:46 AM   #569
DENVERDUI55

Quote:
No you spit cherrypicked stats.
Old 08-07-2012, 08:58 AM   #570
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

Quote:
Originally Posted by DivineLegion View Post
Top ten isn't going to cut. You have to be #1 or 2 overall in defense if you want to amount to the success of those three teams. The Panthers were #2 in defense after 03, the Bucs were #1, and so were the Bears. Remember the Bucs were the only team out of the three to win, and that can be attributed to good QB play from Johnson. The Bears had a pitiful offense, but Devin Hester and the Defense managed enough points to get that team to the Super Bowl. The Panthers running game and defense got them to the big show, but in the end proved lacking against a dominant Patriots team.

The 49ers last year fell victim to the same flaws that brought down the previously mentioned contenders. In the playoffs, a good defense can only carry you as far as the opposing offenses mistakes. This has become the new trend in a pass dominated league. It's a lot harder to force mistakes in a league that puts so much emphasis on the QB, and receiver. Disrupting timing, and "making QBs pay" are archaic notions now. To counter balance this you have to be able to match the offensive production you allow, hence the importance of an accurate QB. Alex Smith could make plays happen, but when it counted on third down he failed. Give a QB like Brees, Manningx2, Brady, Rogers, or Ben the ball with a min 20 left in a game, and your done.
yah, wrong. The pats barely beat the Panthers in the SB and that was with them taping the panthers walk throughs.
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 10:13 AM   #571
KCStud
Ring of Famer

AmeriStanzi!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolandftw View Post
It's not relevant because KC doesn't have near the team that New England had in 2008.

I'm not arguing that Cassel would fail to be decent if he was surrounded with the Patriots talent. I'm arguing that the deck is stacked against KC if they have around the 9th-11th ranked defense, with Cassel as the QB. And I'm not arguing that KC couldn't win a mediocre division with Cassel (although I don't think it's mediocre this year)

Obviously if KC has the top ranked defense, KC would be relevant as far as the Super Bowl goes. Losing Moeaki hurt, but he was an injury prone player throughout his career in Iowa, so really shouldn't be surprising to anyone that he got hurt.

Charles injury was huge obviously. Not just for last year, but it's likely going to be 2013 before he's close to what he was before the injury.

And KC being in first place the week before he hurt had a lot more to do with the division he was playing in then Cassel "leading" KC anywhere.

Far as KC having the more talent then in 2010, guess we'll see. I still see some glaring depth problems that could really negatively impact KC's team. really need the corners to stay healthy, Routt to return to his 2010 form, Bowe to be a quick learner/pray he stayed in moderated shape, Charles to return to form, Hillis being less of a retard then he is normally.. among other factors. As much as Manning is a question mark for the Broncos, I'd say KC has just as many question marks if not more.
The thing you guys need to realize with Charles is that he isn't going to be used a ton like a lot of extra players. If he has 1,000 yards and breaks some nice runs consistently through the year I'm happy. The Chiefs were 15th in rushing last year with McCluster and Battle. It won't be hard to be better than that.
The biggest upgrade Hillis brings is his ability to get tough yards. Thomas Jones sucked at that and we desperately needed an upgrade in that area.

Will Peyton Manning be the old QB to throw 30 TD's this year? Will the offense gel with an extremely tough first half? Can the Broncos stop the run consistently with DMC and Charles coming back? Is the offense line gonna prove they can protect Manning after Clady and Franklin struggled last year and Harris coming off of injury?

The entire division has an abundance of questions. Not just the Chiefs.
Old 08-07-2012, 10:14 AM   #572
Rabb
No Luca, No!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Dynamite Monkey

Quote:
The thing you guys need to realize with Charles is that he isn't going to be used a ton like a lot of extra players. If he has 1,000 yards and breaks some nice runs consistently through the year I'm happy. The Chiefs were 15th in rushing last year with McCluster and Battle. It won't be hard to be better than that.
The biggest upgrade Hillis brings is his ability to get tough yards. Thomas Jones sucked at that and we desperately needed an upgrade in that area.

Will Peyton Manning be the old QB to throw 30 TD's this year? Will the offense gel with an extremely tough first half? Can the Broncos stop the run consistently with DMC and Charles coming back? Is the offense line gonna prove they can protect Manning after Clady and Franklin struggled last year and Harris coming off of injury?

I actually agree with this, I feel dirty
Rabb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 10:30 AM   #573
DivineLegion
******ship Sta at the Top

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Nate Irving

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ View Post
yah, wrong. The pats barely beat the Panthers in the SB and that was with them taping the panthers walk throughs.
They went 14-2 in the regular season with the top scoring defense, and 7th ranked scoring offense. Spygate or not that was a dominant team.
DivineLegion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 11:38 AM   #574
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

Quote:
Originally Posted by DivineLegion View Post
They went 14-2 in the regular season with the top scoring defense, and 7th ranked scoring offense. Spygate or not that was a dominant team.
fair enough but they did not dominate the Panthers in the SB. They squeaked by. You made it sound like the Pats dominated the Panthers, perhaps I misread your post.
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 02:44 PM   #575
Rolandftw

Quote:

I'd be shocked if he had more then 700 yards. History is completely against him here.

Hillis is a fumble machine. Really doubt that changes.

Most of your question marks revolve around Manning. Behind a pro style offense, doubt there will be any protection problems. Running game minus Tebow is a big question mark tho