The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 08-03-2012, 04:16 PM   #501
boltaneer

ATTA BABY!

Sanchez playoff appearances > Cassell
boltaneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 04:29 PM   #502
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
Originally Posted by boltaneer View Post
Tebow as well.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 04:52 PM   #503
boltaneer

ATTA BABY!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBroncos4life View Post
Tebow as well.
And Andy Dalton.
Old 08-03-2012, 05:14 PM   #504
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
And Andy Dalton.
Flacco too. But if you ask SheepStud KC didn't have a chance to get a QB ever.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 05:18 PM   #505
boltaneer

ATTA BABY!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBroncos4life View Post
Flacco too. But if you ask SheepStud KC didn't have a chance to get a QB ever.
And T.J. Yates...
Old 08-03-2012, 11:07 PM   #506
KCStud
Ring of Famer

AmeriStanzi!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Sanchez taking over an elite roster in 2009>Cassel taking over a 2-23 roster in 2009

Maybe you should look at things a little closer.
KCStud is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 12:07 AM   #507
Bob's your Information Minister
Chiefs > Broncos

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CHRIS KUPER!!!

A lot of Chiefs fans are ****ing mouthbreathers when it comes to Catt Massel.

Bob's your Information Minister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 01:33 AM   #508
boltaneer

ATTA BABY!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCStud View Post
Sanchez taking over an elite roster in 2009>Cassel taking over a 2-23 roster in 2009

Maybe you should look at things a little closer.
So a quarterback needs a good team around him to win.

Thanks for that news flash.
Old 08-04-2012, 12:17 PM   #509
KCStud
Ring of Famer

AmeriStanzi!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
So a quarterback needs a good team around him to win.

Thanks for that news flash.
No prob! Considering 2009 was the difference in that statement you made about playoff games, I thought it would help ya out
Old 08-04-2012, 12:49 PM   #510
Rolandftw

People don't think Matt Cassel sucks because he lacks talent on the Chiefs. On the contrary, they think KC has one of the more talented teams in the league OTHER then the QB position. If Cassel can be even in the 11th-15th range as far as QB's go then KC will be at least relevant.

The problem is most see him in the 25-30 range. I'm more worried about the Raiders then the Chiefs. At least Carson Palmer has shown he can play at a top 5 QB level.
Old 08-04-2012, 01:53 PM   #511
KCStud
Ring of Famer

AmeriStanzi!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolandftw View Post
People don't think Matt Cassel sucks because he lacks talent on the Chiefs. On the contrary, they think KC has one of the more talented teams in the league OTHER then the QB position. If Cassel can be even in the 11th-15th range as far as QB's go then KC will be at least relevant.

The problem is most see him in the 25-30 range. I'm more worried about the Raiders then the Chiefs. At least Carson Palmer has shown he can play at a top 5 QB level.
Palmer has been an INT machine. He was even before he retired. Plus the Raiders lost some talent. Bush and Wimbley being gone is going to hurt them a lot.

As for Cassel, he was in the 11th-15th range in 2010. If he somehow plays this year like he did in 2010, KC will be a scary team.
Old 08-04-2012, 02:35 PM   #512
Rolandftw

That's debatable. 19th in Passing Yards, YPA. He was efficient at managing a run heavy offense. All of the criticisms that people have of Cassel now, still applied for 2010. You take away Cassel's short reads, contain the running game and he can NOT beat you deep consistently. He will beat the teams he is supposed to for the most part, but has little to no chance of getting wins against the top teams in the league.

Kyle Orton, in three full games with the Chiefs managed to DOUBLE Cassel's amount of wins against playoff teams over a near three year span. And I doubt anyone is going to argue that Kyle Orton is some world beater at the QB position.

KC wins if their defense is dominant at a Baltimore Ravens Super Bowl level. KC is not a scary team unless that is the case, and they can win in spite of their QB.

I agree that Palmer hasn't been good his last 1.5 years in the NFL. And Oakland's defense has lost some important pieces. Still I'd be more worried about losing a shootout with Oakland or San Diego, then I would be Kansas City.

Last edited by Rolandftw; 08-04-2012 at 02:43 PM..
Old 08-04-2012, 03:05 PM   #513
boltaneer

ATTA BABY!

Quote:
That's debatable. 19th in Passing Yards, YPA. He was efficient at managing a run heavy offense. All of the criticisms that people have of Cassel now, still applied for 2010. You take away Cassel's short reads, contain the running game and he can NOT beat you deep consistently. He will beat the teams he is supposed to for the most part, but has little to no chance of getting wins against the top teams in the league.

Kyle Orton, in three full games with the Chiefs managed to DOUBLE Cassel's amount of wins against playoff teams over a near three year span. And I doubt anyone is going to argue that Kyle Orton is some world beater at the QB position.

KC wins if their defense is dominant at a Baltimore Ravens Super Bowl level. KC is not a scary team unless that is the case, and they can win in spite of their QB.

I agree that Palmer hasn't been good his last 1.5 years in the NFL. And Oakland's defense has lost some important pieces. Still I'd be more worried about losing a shootout with Oakland or San Diego, then I would be Kansas City.
Great post. Agreed with everything here except for Palmer.

Maybe he'll surprise and return to form but honestly, his last great year was 2006 and too many analysts have agreed that his arm is just not what it used to be. I think if he were in a different type of offense, things could be different but it just seems like a bad fit in Oakland.

I think the Chiefs should be a serious playoff team with the team they have built but they're really being held back at the QB position.
Old 08-04-2012, 03:08 PM   #514
boltaneer

ATTA BABY!

Quote:
Palmer has been an INT machine. He was even before he retired. Plus the Raiders lost some talent. Bush and Wimbley being gone is going to hurt them a lot.

As for Cassel, he was in the 11th-15th range in 2010. If he somehow plays this year like he did in 2010, KC will be a scary team.
If Cassel played like he did in 2010, they'd still be a very mediocre team. Good enough to eek out a weak division but no way they could compete with the elite teams.
Old 08-04-2012, 03:50 PM   #515
Agamemnon

Quote:
I'm more worried about the Raiders then the Chiefs. At least Carson Palmer has shown he can play at a top 5 QB level.
That was a long time ago...
Old 08-04-2012, 04:18 PM   #516
peacepipe
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agamemnon View Post
That was a long time ago...
yeah,when he had a ligit running game. say what you want about the raiders,but they're no slouch when it comes to running the ball which will help palmer quite a bit.
peacepipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 04:30 PM   #517
Rolandftw

Quote:
Great post. Agreed with everything here except for Palmer.

Maybe he'll surprise and return to form but honestly, his last great year was 2006 and too many analysts have agreed that his arm is just not what it used to be. I think if he were in a different type of offense, things could be different but it just seems like a bad fit in Oakland.

I think the Chiefs should be a serious playoff team with the team they have built but they're really being held back at the QB position.
Thanks. Yeah, could be overrating Palmer a bit. I do think it was a stupid trade by them considering what they gave up. But think the potential is there for Oakland to have a very dangerous offense. He's probably not going to have the seasons he had in 2005 and 2006, but if he could just cut down on his INT's could be in for a good season.

Obviously, Manning and Rivers should be the class of the division at the QB position
Old 08-04-2012, 06:54 PM   #518
KCStud
Ring of Famer

AmeriStanzi!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
If Cassel played like he did in 2010, they'd still be a very mediocre team. Good enough to eek out a weak division but no way they could compete with the elite teams.
Well if Cassel throws 27 TD's to only 7 INT's against this schedule, I will be impressed. He beat bad defenses though which seriously padded his stats in 2008 and 2010, so this is probably his last real chance to prove himself.

But you never know what can happen. Did anyone think Alex Smith would do what he did last year? Or that Rex Grossman would lead the Bears to the SB? Or that Jake Delhomme would do the same with the Panthers? Or Brad Johnson with the Buccaneers?
Old 08-04-2012, 08:57 PM   #519
boltaneer

ATTA BABY!

Quote:
Well if Cassel throws 27 TD's to only 7 INT's against this schedule, I will be impressed. He beat bad defenses though which seriously padded his stats in 2008 and 2010, so this is probably his last real chance to prove himself.

But you never know what can happen. Did anyone think Alex Smith would do what he did last year? Or that Rex Grossman would lead the Bears to the SB? Or that Jake Delhomme would do the same with the Panthers? Or Brad Johnson with the Buccaneers?
So let's get this straight.

You think there's a possibility that Cassel could lead the Chiefs to the Super Bowl. (If he plays like he did in 2010).

But Sanchez cannot lead his team to a Super Bowl.

But you said they're both the same QB (both need a great team around them).

And Sanchez has been to two AFC Championship games.

Something doesn't add up here.
Old 08-04-2012, 09:05 PM   #520
Jetmeck
Not a Chief's board

Quote:

First part was dead on right..........bad teams.
Second part was dumb and very presumptuous as in

the Chiefs would need a great defense like those other teams
to DRAG Cassell along for the ride............Chiefs do not have a great or anywhere near that type of defense.
Jetmeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 09:28 PM   #521
razorwire77
Tapenade Swagga

"Not too shabby."

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Bradley Roby

As a Bronco fan, I'm a big Cassel guy. He's not quite sucky enough for the Chiefs to nab a top 5 QB in the draft, but just sucky enough to ensure a steady stream of 7-9 ish seasons. Love the guy.
razorwire77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 09:54 PM   #522
Bacchus

Quote:
Originally Posted by peacepipe View Post
yeah,when he had a ligit running game. say what you want about the raiders,but they're no slouch when it comes to running the ball which will help palmer quite a bit.
Palmer has always been overrated. Even during his two probowl years he was vastly overrated. He was king of yards that do not matter.
Old 08-04-2012, 10:06 PM   #523
KCStud
Ring of Famer

AmeriStanzi!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
So let's get this straight.

You think there's a possibility that Cassel could lead the Chiefs to the Super Bowl. (If he plays like he did in 2010).

But Sanchez cannot lead his team to a Super Bowl.

But you said they're both the same QB (both need a great team around them).

And Sanchez has been to two AFC Championship games.

Something doesn't add up here.
I don't think that Cassel can lead the Chiefs to the SB until he starts winning in the playoffs (if he does). He has a hell of a lot to prove. The point was that bad QB's have gone to the SB before.
Old 08-04-2012, 11:30 PM   #524
boltaneer

ATTA BABY!

Quote:
I don't think that Cassel can lead the Chiefs to the SB until he starts winning in the playoffs (if he does). He has a hell of a lot to prove. The point was that bad QB's have gone to the SB before.
But you said Sanchez won't lead a team to a Super Bowl.

I don't understand your contradictions.
Old 08-05-2012, 01:42 AM   #525
KCStud
Ring of Famer

AmeriStanzi!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
But you said Sanchez won't lead a team to a Super Bowl.

I don't understand your contradictions.
In my opinion he won't, but average QB's have led teams to SB's before, so it's not impossible for a game manager like him or Cassel to do it.