The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 07-25-2012, 04:21 PM   #351
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 04:26 PM   #352
barryr
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCStud View Post
I'm still laughing at the 8, yes 8, post comments you've made about me this month.

Don't worry, he does that with everybody, even other Bronco fans. Every team has its nuts.
barryr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 04:26 PM   #353
KCStud
Ring of Famer

AmeriStanzi!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem View Post
Requiem: Says he doesn't give a ****.......then posts 8 post comments in a month's time.

KCStud is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 04:32 PM   #354
barryr
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Dorsey wasn't supposed to be a 3-4 DE. I still think he'd be an above average 4-3 DT.

I trust Romeo with this pick. He's made good players all the time. And if you're suggesting that Poe was terrible in college, look at what he did. He had very similar stats to Phil Taylor, BJ Raji, and Haloti Ngata.

History says that acquiring an old veteran QB doesn't equal winning a SB. So does that mean you should give up on the Broncos chances?
True, Dorsey would be better in a 4-3 defense. Usually teams like their 3-4 DE to have some height to them to better occupy blockers and not get swallowed up as much.

Poe played in a mediocre conference against mediocre competition, so one would expect him to do more than he did if really going to be that great a pro. It's not impossible, but I just don't see it, especially this year.

Old veteran QB's usually don't do much with their new teams, but Manning's numbers in 2010 were better than at least 95% of the QB's in the NFL and few have his work ethic.
Old 07-25-2012, 04:35 PM   #355
barryr
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Requiem: Says he doesn't give a ****.......then posts 8 post comments in a month's time.

That's nothing. He has given me and others hundreds of such comments, as many as 20 in a day, but then says he doesn't do that and others need to get a life
Old 07-25-2012, 05:02 PM   #356
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

Quote:
You spend several hours a day of your life on a rival fan forum. That is beyond pathetic.
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 06:42 PM   #357
Bacillus Anthracis

Quote:
Originally Posted by boltaneer View Post
You really don't read what anyone writes, do you?
Let me a take a moment to go back and read your nearly 4,000 posts here. Hold on... Wait a minute. Just keep checking, I'll get back to you.
Old 07-25-2012, 09:55 PM   #358
KCStud
Ring of Famer

AmeriStanzi!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by barryr View Post
True, Dorsey would be better in a 4-3 defense. Usually teams like their 3-4 DE to have some height to them to better occupy blockers and not get swallowed up as much.

Poe played in a mediocre conference against mediocre competition, so one would expect him to do more than he did if really going to be that great a pro. It's not impossible, but I just don't see it, especially this year.

Old veteran QB's usually don't do much with their new teams, but Manning's numbers in 2010 were better than at least 95% of the QB's in the NFL and few have his work ethic.
That's true about Poe, but people look at it one way. He was constantly triple-teamed because he was the only good defensive player Memphis had. His conference had a ton of teams play in the spread too, meaning they quickly got rid of the ball nullifying the DL from having a chance to make a play.

There are pro's and con's. We'll just have to see how he does. But he is the classic "wait three years and see" prospect. NT is one of the hardest positions to learn in football and Poe had terrible defensive coaching, so essentially he's starting all over.
Old 07-25-2012, 09:58 PM   #359
KCStud
Ring of Famer

AmeriStanzi!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Wow and now Requiem is saying I could be the next James Holmes.

I'm pretty sure this board would rather have a troll than a poster who constantly harasses people. Or not. Never know.
Old 07-25-2012, 10:07 PM   #360
Jetmeck
Not a Chief's board

Quote:
Wow and now Requiem is saying I could be the next James Holmes.

I'm pretty sure this board would rather have a troll than a poster who constantly harasses people. Or not. Never know.
Whatever..........some people live to stir the chit.
Jetmeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 10:14 PM   #361
lonestar
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jetmeck View Post
Whatever..........some people live to stir the chit.
I IGGY them because they are not worth wasting time on.. Learned that over almost ten years of reading his drivel..

an added benefit is they can't PM or rep you with chicken **** comments..

so he takes shots in public because I will not respond I think that pisses him off even more.. I will not validate his moronic commentary what he thinks is cute little cartoons..just sophomoric ..

Only wish more folks would use that GREAT IGGY tool.. Sure cut down on wasted band width..
lonestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 02:40 AM   #362
Raider9175
Seasoned Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by boltaneer View Post
I love the Raider logic. The Chargers D sucked last year so the fact that the Raiders burned their secondary makes them an elite offense.
No the point was a team who secondary was embarrassed by the Raiders Wr's all season in 2011, their fan base should just keep their mouth close when they are talking about the Raider wr's. (how accurate is your assessment when all you saw Is Raider Wr running past your secondary)

You sound kind of silly even trying to get in the conversation. That was the point , not using the success Raiders wr had against a porous Chargers secondary to justify how good they are. From what I saw , I assume everyone abused that secondary.(that isn't a big accomplishment)
Raider9175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 03:16 AM   #363
Raider9175
Seasoned Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by barryr View Post

Barryr I hope your not being serious with this response.

Manning numbers in 2010 are immaterial when you consider he had another two neck surgeries since, Is now 36 years old, and missed the whole 2011 season due to that injury.

Only in the world of Barryr would you ignore all of that and think your going to see anything close to the 2010 version of Peyton Manning.

Does anyone know the over and under from Vegas how many games P manning plays this year. Peyton Manning’s over-under before being sidelined with injury is 8.5 games. How many Bronco fans are taking the over. But the Bronco have to be the favorites to win the AFc West.

ONLY In Donkey land. Caleb Hanie capable of taking them to the promise land- Ask Bears fans about that one.

Last edited by Raider9175; 07-26-2012 at 03:27 AM..
Raider9175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 06:08 AM   #364
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider9175 View Post
Barryr I hope your not being serious with this response.

Manning numbers in 2010 are immaterial when you consider he had another two neck surgeries since, Is now 36 years old, and missed the whole 2011 season due to that injury.

Only in the world of Barryr would you ignore all of that and think your going to see anything close to the 2010 version of Peyton Manning.

Does anyone know the over and under from Vegas how many games P manning plays this year. Peyton Manning’s over-under before being sidelined with injury is 8.5 games. How many Bronco fans are taking the over. But the Bronco have to be the favorites to win the AFc West.

ONLY In Donkey land. Caleb Hanie capable of taking them to the promise land- Ask Bears fans about that one.
What is Denver's odds of winning the super bowl by Vegas?
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 06:42 AM   #365
MagicHef
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Justin Smith played in a 4-3 forever moron. Of course he's a good pass rusher. And JJ Watts was a great draft pick. He is the prototypical 3-4 DE.

Maybe, just maybe, if you knew football, you'd understand that not every team plays the same type of 3-4 defense.
You're right. It would be pretty stupid of me to say something like this:

Quote:
One of the most important jobs of a 3-4 DE is to hold blockers at the point so that your OLB's have a chance to get to the QB.
Did the Chiefs really want two guys that couldn't rush the passer as DEs, or did they fit them into their defense because that's all Dorsey and Jackson turned into?

If they wanted DEs to just take up blockers and stop the run, why draft Bailey?
MagicHef is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 06:55 AM   #366
peacepipe
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagicHef View Post

Did the Chiefs really want two guys that couldn't rush the passer as DEs, or did they fit them into their defense because that's all Dorsey and Jackson turned into?

DEs in a 3-4 are not responsible for rushing the passer per say. does it help? yes. rushing the passer is the OLBs primary responsibility in a 3-4. DEs in a 3-4 are primarily responsible for eating up blockers. not everybody runs a 3-4 ther same,but as a general rule 3-4 DEs don't need to be great passs rushers.
peacepipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 07:20 AM   #367
MagicHef
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by peacepipe View Post
DEs in a 3-4 are not responsible for rushing the passer per say. does it help? yes. rushing the passer is the OLBs primary responsibility in a 3-4. DEs in a 3-4 are primarily responsible for eating up blockers. not everybody runs a 3-4 ther same,but as a general rule 3-4 DEs don't need to be great passs rushers.
Yes, but if you're looking for a block-eater, you draft them in the later rounds, or grab them in FA. You don't pick them with the #3 or the #5 overall. Unless you're the Chiefs, that is.
Old 07-26-2012, 09:51 AM   #368
lonestar
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker

Quote:
Yes, but if you're looking for a block-eater, you draft them in the later rounds, or grab them in FA. You don't pick them with the #3 or the #5 overall. Unless you're the Chiefs, that is.
Whoops there you go thinking again.. Watch out the other dumb asses will be all over you like stink on do-do..
lonestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 10:56 AM   #369
KCStud
Ring of Famer

AmeriStanzi!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:

Because Dorsey wasn't drafted by this regime. He's a 4-3 NT playing in the 3-4 DE.

His contract is up after this year. Bailey will most likely take over.
Old 07-26-2012, 11:01 AM   #370
KCStud
Ring of Famer

AmeriStanzi!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
God you're dumb. Dorsey was drafted to be a 4-3 DT. He was talked up like Suh. And most of the picks in the top half of the first round were busts except Raji, who had a bad season last year.

Jackson also took a pay cut too, so there goes that argument.

Last edited by KCStud; 07-26-2012 at 11:06 AM..
Old 07-26-2012, 11:21 AM   #371
Flex Gunmetal
Icy Fresh

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Francis Daytona

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider9175 View Post
No the point was a team who secondary was embarrassed by the Raiders Wr's all season in 2011, their fan base should just keep their mouth close when they are talking about the Raider wr's. (how accurate is your assessment when all you saw Is Raider Wr running past your secondary)

You sound kind of silly even trying to get in the conversation. That was the point , not using the success Raiders wr had against a porous Chargers secondary to justify how good they are. From what I saw , I assume everyone abused that secondary.(that isn't a big accomplishment)
1. at bold.

2. Is English your second language? I know 5th graders who have a firmer grasp on grammar, punctuation and sentence structure.
Flex Gunmetal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 11:25 AM   #372
Bacillus Anthracis

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBroncos4life View Post
What is Denver's odds of winning the super bowl by Vegas?
Denver: 18-1

Kansas City: 40-1

Oakland: 60-1

San Diego: 30-1

The Colts, Jags, and Vikings are all at the bottom at 150-1.

New England is the favorite at 5-1 while Green Bay is close at 11-2 (or 5.5 to 1).

Pittsburgh and Philly are up there at 8-1 and Houston at 10-1.

A good punchers chance would seem to be the Bears at 18-1. If things go right for them, they have a good a chance as anyone else. A couple hundred bucks would earn a nice return.

That's according to the first site I looked at so take it for whatever it's worth. But even if it came straight outta the asses of the best oddsmakers in Vegas, none of those odds are worth much. An injury to a starting quarterback earns any team spot next to the Colts.
Old 07-26-2012, 01:30 PM   #373
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bacillus Anthracis View Post
Denver: 18-1

Kansas City: 40-1

Oakland: 60-1

San Diego: 30-1

The Colts, Jags, and Vikings are all at the bottom at 150-1.

New England is the favorite at 5-1 while Green Bay is close at 11-2 (or 5.5 to 1).

Pittsburgh and Philly are up there at 8-1 and Houston at 10-1.

A good punchers chance would seem to be the Bears at 18-1. If things go right for them, they have a good a chance as anyone else. A couple hundred bucks would earn a nice return.

That's according to the first site I looked at so take it for whatever it's worth. But even if it came straight outta the asses of the best oddsmakers in Vegas, none of those odds are worth much. An injury to a starting quarterback earns any team spot next to the Colts.
That's pretty high odds for Vegas given they think Manning won't play more then 9 games wouldn't you think?
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 04:36 PM   #374
Bacillus Anthracis

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBroncos4life View Post
That's pretty high odds for Vegas given they think Manning won't play more then 9 games wouldn't you think?
'

I think them putting odds on the number of games any given player will play in are even less likely to be accurate than their Superbowl odds.

Manning (or any other player for that matter) could eat it in training camp and be done for life. Or Manning could continue to play at a HOF level for the next few years. 9 games or several seasons, who the hell knows? They must have an extra orifice from which to pull things out of for guesses like that.
Old 07-26-2012, 07:03 PM   #375
MagicHef
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
God you're dumb. Dorsey was drafted to be a 4-3 DT. He was talked up like Suh. And most of the picks in the top half of the first round were busts except Raji, who had a bad season last year.

Jackson also took a pay cut too, so there goes that argument.
Let me get this straight.

Dorsey was hyped like Suh, yet hasn't produced anywhere close to him, and Jackson was picked #3, and then was forced to take a pay cut before his rookie contract was up?

This is your evidence that they aren't busts?

Last edited by MagicHef; 07-26-2012 at 07:05 PM..