The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 07-25-2012, 11:59 AM   #326
400HZ
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ed Hochuli

Nice to see the irrational and completely unwarranted Raiders offseason hubris back on display. I don't remember it being this high since Randy Moss made an already emerging offense completely unstoppable.
400HZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 12:11 PM   #327
Kaylore
4 time AFCW Champs

12 straight road division wins

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

Quote:
Originally Posted by 400HZ View Post
Nice to see the irrational and completely unwarranted Raiders offseason hubris back on display. I don't remember it being this high since Randy Moss made an already emerging offense completely unstoppable.
I totally agree. Every team's fan base has hope every offseason. The other three AFC West fan bases are no exception. But the Raiders honestly think they're winning the super bowl EVERY year and the rest of the division "isn't winning crap." EVERY YEAR they thump their chests about it. It's hilarious.
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 12:13 PM   #328
Rabb
No Luca, No!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Dynamite Monkey

I have a buddy who is a big Raiders fan and he maintained all season last year that Palmer is the answer and feels the same this year. I am sure he will completely disprove his own personal history this time, right guys?

I swear, Raider fans in particular go down with the damn ship when it comes to hard-headed arguments.
Rabb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 12:26 PM   #329
boltaneer

ATTA BABY!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 400HZ View Post
At least, Randy Moss was an acceptable reason for all that hope back then.

The optimism this year just doesn't make any sense at all.
boltaneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 12:30 PM   #330
Kaylore
4 time AFCW Champs

12 straight road division wins

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

Quote:
Originally Posted by boltaneer View Post

Actually Al Davis is dead, so there's that...
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 12:31 PM   #331
Raider9175
Seasoned Veteran

Quote:

Newflash. Another Raider wr getting behind the Chargers secondary. C Palmer loves playing that Charger defense. He makes that Charger secondary his personal Bi_ _ _.

Last edited by Raider9175; 07-25-2012 at 12:35 PM..
Raider9175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 12:32 PM   #332
KCStud
Ring of Famer

AmeriStanzi!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagicHef View Post
That's not really true. In 2010, Dorsey was asked to rush the passer more times than Hali was.

Robert Ayers had the same number of sacks (6) last season, in 389 pass rushing snaps, as Dorsey and Jackson have in their entire careers, combined (in 2266 pass rushing snaps). He's also pretty good against the run.

You know how Jackson took time to develop and turn into a somewhat worthwhile player? Same thing with Ayers, only Ayers is a better all around player.
Jackson and Dorsey are elite 3-4 DE's when it comes to stopping the run. And this team needed that, because players like Tamba Hali struggled to stop the run at that time (last year he was actually pretty decent in that aspect).

One of the most important jobs of a 3-4 DE is to hold blockers at the point so that your OLB's have a chance to get to the QB. Since the Chiefs put Dorsey and Jackson in the 3-4 in 2009, Tamba Hali has had 35 sacks (11.5 average a season). The 3 years before that, Tamba got half as many sacks as opposed to the 3 years in the 3-4, and 2 years he had Jared Allen taking up all the double teams.

Jackson and Dorsey have done a good job in the Chiefs system. Of course they need to work on getting sacks, but they do a lot of the hard work that has made it easier for guys like DJ to have more opportunities.

Like I said before. I thnk Allen Bailey is gonna be a really good DE for us all around. He's going to make more of an impact than Dorsey or Jackson.
KCStud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 12:42 PM   #333
Rabb
No Luca, No!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Dynamite Monkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider9175 View Post
Newflash. Another Raider wr getting behind the Chargers secondary. C Palmer loves playing that Charger defense. He makes that Charger secondary his personal Bi_ _ _.
I am sure that's a wonderful consolation prize when you are not making the playoffs again.

Hey guys, Carson played the Chargers well...HIGH FIVE!!!
Rabb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 12:46 PM   #334
barryr
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCStud View Post
Jackson and Dorsey are elite 3-4 DE's when it comes to stopping the run. And this team needed that, because players like Tamba Hali struggled to stop the run at that time (last year he was actually pretty decent in that aspect).

One of the most important jobs of a 3-4 DE is to hold blockers at the point so that your OLB's have a chance to get to the QB. Since the Chiefs put Dorsey and Jackson in the 3-4 in 2009, Tamba Hali has had 35 sacks (11.5 average a season). The 3 years before that, Tamba got half as many sacks as opposed to the 3 years in the 3-4, and 2 years he had Jared Allen taking up all the double teams.

Jackson and Dorsey have done a good job in the Chiefs system. Of course they need to work on getting sacks, but they do a lot of the hard work that has made it easier for guys like DJ to have more opportunities.

Like I said before. I thnk Allen Bailey is gonna be a really good DE for us all around. He's going to make more of an impact than Dorsey or Jackson.
Sorry, but drafting a 3-4 DE in the first round who offers little to nothing as a pass rusher is stupid, especially doing it twice. The only position worthy of drafting a DL in the first round is at DT or NT to be a run stuffer. The Chiefs decide to take the route this past draft and take an underachiever in the first round at NT. History shows taking a DL or even an OL, that are considered underachievers coming into the NFL rarely pan out. Good luck with that one.
barryr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 01:21 PM   #335
boltaneer

ATTA BABY!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabb View Post
I am sure that's a wonderful consolation prize when you are not making the playoffs again.

Hey guys, Carson played the Chargers well...HIGH FIVE!!!
I love the Raider logic. The Chargers D sucked last year so the fact that the Raiders burned their secondary makes them an elite offense.
Old 07-25-2012, 01:29 PM   #336
Bacillus Anthracis

Quote:
I love the Raider logic. The Chargers D sucked last year so the fact that the Raiders burned their secondary makes them an elite offense.
For a fan of what must be the most underachieving (and uninteresting) team in the history of the league you sure do talk a lot of ****. And what credible threat do the Chargers pose to anyone? Norv's back, most of your best players are gone, and you've done dick in the offseason to improve anything. Newsflash, your window closed two years ago and this year it shuts even tighter.

It just goes to show how little you know about the opposing teams in your division. The Raider offense is going to score points. It's the defense that's worth making fun of--at least according to the past 10 years.
Old 07-25-2012, 01:31 PM   #337
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

Cripple fight!
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 01:34 PM   #338
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bacillus Anthracis View Post
For a fan of what must be the most underachieving (and uninteresting) team in the history of the league you sure do talk a lot of ****. And what credible threat do the Chargers pose to anyone? Norv's back, most of your best players are gone, and you've done dick in the offseason to improve anything. Newsflash, your window closed two years ago and this year it shuts even tighter.

It just goes to show how little you know about the opposing teams in your division. The Raider offense is going to score points. It's the defense that's worth making fun of--at least according to the past 10 years.
well there's that and the idiot fans. Do you dress up like the love child of darth vadar and a zebra?

not that there's anything wrong with that
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 02:16 PM   #339
gyldenlove
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Spencer Larsen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider9175 View Post
Carson Palmer 199 completed 328 attempts 61% completion percentaGE 2,753 YARDS 8.4 average yard per reception.

Now that with him coming off his couch week 7 cold, Never played with the team, Not knowing the plays, The players- chemistry or timing, and didn't have his stud Rb to lean on.. Tell me Genius what QB would have done any better under the same circumstances.

Now C Palmer playing in a more Qb friendly offense, Gets to play with DMC, has a whole off season to get on same page with his Wr corp and his weapons on offense were further upgraded.

This is by far the most explosive weapons C Palmer has ever had on offense. He going to have his best year he ever had in the NFl(there is that much talent on the Raiders offense)

Raiders would have run away from the division if there weapons stayed healthy on offense and that is without a defense. Raiders defense will be alot better in 2012.(better coaching and schemes)
Interesting stats on Palmer:

Carson Palmer has started double digit games in 6 seasons, in ....

... 6 of those seasons he won fewer games and had a lower qb rating than Peyton Manning
... 5 of those seasons Peyton Manning passed for more TDs
... 4 of those seasons he had at least 20 turnovers
... 3 of those seasons he went .500 or better
... 2 of those seasons he went to the playoffs
... 1 of those seasons he scored at least 30 TDs
... 0 of those seasons he won a playoff game
gyldenlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 02:22 PM   #340
barryr
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by gyldenlove View Post

... 6 of those seasons he won fewer games and had a lower qb rating than Peyton Manning
But raider fans will ignore all of that and instead, take comfort "knowing" they have a stud offense and Palmer is now ready after 10 years in the NFL to take a team someplace. Whatever. They'll disappear by October.
barryr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 02:25 PM   #341
lonestar
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker

Quote:
Originally Posted by barryr View Post
But raider fans will ignore all of that and instead, take comfort "knowing" they have a stud offense and Palmer is now ready after 10 years in the NFL to take a team someplace. Whatever. They'll disappear by October.
One can only hope..
lonestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 02:26 PM   #342
lonestar
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker

Quote:
Originally Posted by gyldenlove View Post

Thanks for taking the time to EXPOSE this..I'll guess raiderjoe and company will choose to IGGY it..
lonestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 02:42 PM   #343
underrated29
Ahoy

You lika da sexy

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

i actually really like allen bailey. I forgot the cheifs got him a couple years ago. He should be real good. Which sucks because their defense is already real good. Unless knowshon moreno is on the field. I think knowshon could literally beat jamal lewis 300+ yard game on the ground against those guys this year.....

oh whats that you say? we dont play the cheifs until like week 8 or so...Nevermind, knowshon will be on IR by then. Chefs dodge a bullet on that one.
underrated29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 03:02 PM   #344
brantleymassey

Quote:
Originally Posted by oubronco View Post
Broncos 10-6
San Diego 8-8
Kansas City 6-10
Oakland 4-12
I have to agree with this. I think Oakland made another coaching mistake. They hired a first year coordinator and while the Denver D did improve it was still bad. Denver fans know what happens with you hire a young guy with little experience and a terrible team. As for KC I think they will be very tough so they could be a little higher but Cassel is still not a good QB. As for the chargers, well they never they have gotten worse each of the last four years and I don't expect that to change anytime under Norv Turner. Hopefully Denver can reach 10 wins but we can't forget one injury and they could be a 4 or 6 win team
Old 07-25-2012, 03:03 PM   #345
MagicHef
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCStud View Post

It's too bad for San Francisco and Houston that their DEs don't know that they aren't supposed to actually get to the QB. I guess that's why those two teams have such bad defenses.
MagicHef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 04:12 PM   #346
boltaneer

ATTA BABY!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bacillus Anthracis View Post

You really don't read what anyone writes, do you?
Old 07-25-2012, 05:08 PM   #347
KCStud
Ring of Famer

AmeriStanzi!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagicHef View Post
It's too bad for San Francisco and Houston that their DEs don't know that they aren't supposed to actually get to the QB. I guess that's why those two teams have such bad defenses.
Justin Smith played in a 4-3 forever moron. Of course he's a good pass rusher. And JJ Watts was a great draft pick. He is the prototypical 3-4 DE.

Maybe, just maybe, if you knew football, you'd understand that not every team plays the same type of 3-4 defense.

Last edited by KCStud; 07-25-2012 at 05:11 PM..
Old 07-25-2012, 05:11 PM   #348
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 05:17 PM   #349
KCStud
Ring of Famer

AmeriStanzi!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by barryr View Post
Sorry, but drafting a 3-4 DE in the first round who offers little to nothing as a pass rusher is stupid, especially doing it twice. The only position worthy of drafting a DL in the first round is at DT or NT to be a run stuffer. The Chiefs decide to take the route this past draft and take an underachiever in the first round at NT. History shows taking a DL or even an OL, that are considered underachievers coming into the NFL rarely pan out. Good luck with that one.
Dorsey wasn't supposed to be a 3-4 DE. I still think he'd be an above average 4-3 DT.

I trust Romeo with this pick. He's made good players all the time. And if you're suggesting that Poe was terrible in college, look at what he did. He had very similar stats to Phil Taylor, BJ Raji, and Haloti Ngata.

History says that acquiring an old veteran QB doesn't equal winning a SB. So does that mean you should give up on the Broncos chances?
Old 07-25-2012, 05:19 PM   #350
KCStud
Ring of Famer

AmeriStanzi!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem View Post
I'm still laughing at the 8, yes 8, post comments you've made about me this month.