The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-25-2012, 12:39 PM   #276
Bacillus Anthracis
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by barryr View Post
The Broncos defense last year was hardly the tops, but the Raider offense didn't exactly score a ton against it. Can Ford, who is small, stay healthy? Didn't last year. The Raiders also do not have a proven receiver at TE either, relying on hope.
Last year's offensive scheme didn't utilize the TE position all that much. It was one of Hue Jackson's biggest mistakes because we had two very capable players in Kevin Boss and Brandon Myers. But his philosophy called for the TEs to be primarily blockers--which works when your starting receivers are on the field, but not when you're pulling guys off the practice squad to come in an play the position.

This season, I don't know. We let Boss go to KC which I think was a big mistake, but maybe the cap was involved. I don't know.

As for our O vs. your D: We did enough to win the first one and in the second game our D f'ing collapsed in the second half. 24 points should have been enough to close that thing out. Also, that was Palmer's second week in the offense after being on the team for all of 10 days at that point.

Quote:
I stated on a post that Manning will enjoy going up against that Raider secondary, which is very weak IMO
Assuming he's back to his regular self, that's probably true.
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 12:46 PM   #277
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings
 
broncocalijohn's Avatar
 
I said Do It!

Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Lake Forest, Orange County, Calif.
Posts: 21,605

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider9175 View Post
You surround a Qb with unbelievable talent like Carson palmer has with the Raiders, and you can walk away with league MVP like R gannon did. Don't think you would say R gannon was the best Qb in the league at that time.


How did steve Young do in tampbay. Did he look like a hall of famer he was with the 49ers talent.
You didnt just call your wide receivers talent like Tim Brown and Jerry Rice, did you? OMFG!

Also, to your comment on receivers getting open when the defense was playing all up front, you first need a QB to not only get the passes to the wide receivers but you need to do it when the defense has to defend both the run and pass. That wasn't happening in our offense. We ran every first down almost except the one that mattered the most, 80 yard OT catch to DT. Rest of the season was frustration. Those receivers had to catch these balls when the defense knew Tebow was in a passing situation.
You also forget that the first 5 games was Orton so we had passing attempts not too far from the Raiders. Now why don't you compare that with game 6th to 16 for both teams. No crap about Palmer coming in cold because Tebow didnt start the first 5 games. See the difference in stats either from game 6 on or when Palmer got to Chokeland.
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 12:52 PM   #278
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings
 
broncocalijohn's Avatar
 
I said Do It!

Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Lake Forest, Orange County, Calif.
Posts: 21,605

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider9175 View Post
Were judging the Qb next season, not over their careers. I will take the Guy three years younger, without the four neck sugeries and who played last year.
You might as well start hyping Hanie as he capable of leading you to the promise land . (Right)

Again how many Sacks did Bronco's oline give up last year, and how did they upgrade that oline.

Yea but I'm the homer.
You realize many of those sacks were on the QB not the Oline, right? Also, you are telling us that more experience from our 2011 rookies isn't going to help or we have a QB that releases the ball before most defenders have a chance at him. Are you high?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider9175 View Post
Okay Mrs Cleo. Can i get the lottery numbers for this week . Since you can see in the future. Do you not understand how stupid the statement you just made.
Wooooow! So, our predictions, that are more on evidence, isn't counted on but your "Top 5" offense crap based on "wishing upon a star" and make believe dreams shouldn't be considered Miss Cleo material? Dude, please be sure to check in during the regular season. I am beginning to think you are really Tyrell Jones.
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 03:46 PM   #279
Raider9175
Seasoned Veteran
 

Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 333
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncocalijohn View Post
You didnt just call your wide receivers talent like Tim Brown and Jerry Rice, did you? OMFG!

Also, to your comment on receivers getting open when the defense was playing all up front, you first need a QB to not only get the passes to the wide receivers but you need to do it when the defense has to defend both the run and pass. That wasn't happening in our offense. We ran every first down almost except the one that mattered the most, 80 yard OT catch to DT. Rest of the season was frustration. Those receivers had to catch these balls when the defense knew Tebow was in a passing situation.
You also forget that the first 5 games was Orton so we had passing attempts not too far from the Raiders. Now why don't you compare that with game 6th to 16 for both teams. No crap about Palmer coming in cold because Tebow didnt start the first 5 games. See the difference in stats either from game 6 on or when Palmer got to Chokeland.
Every time I think I heard the stupidest thing, Bronco fans come up with something even dumber. .

Tebow has been with the Broncos for two years. Don't you think it a little different with a Qb(from another team coming in cold) than a Qb that been on the roster for two years, and was at the Team training camp. Have some common sense.

Again where were you Tebow bashers when The KId was pulling games out of his arse last year. (do I have to do a search) Now because the Bronco got a Qb who once was one of the best to play the game. I'm not going to keep posting all the question about P manning again, but no one knows what the Broncos are going to get from him this season., That is a fact.

Jmo I don't think Bronco talent is good enough regardless if Manning still at the top of his game. That Bronco defense while it wasn't that good to begin with, lost some key pieces. I have no fear what so ever with what the Bronco possess on defense. (Raider fan perspective) Dumberville just makes it easier to run the ball down their throats to his size.

Last edited by Raider9175; 07-25-2012 at 03:51 PM..
Raider9175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 03:53 PM   #280
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer
 
Tombstone RJ's Avatar
 
Old School

Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: In the Tetons!
Posts: 21,941

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider9175 View Post
Everytime I think I heard the stupidest thing, Bronco fans come up with something even dumber. .

Tebow has been with the Broncos for two years. Don't you think it a little different with a Qb(from another team coming in cold) than a Qb that been on the roster for two years, and was at the Team training camp. Have some common sense.

Again where were you Tebow bashers when The KId was pulling games out of his arse last year. (do I have to do a search) Now because the Bronco got a Qb who once was one of the best to play the game. I'm not going to keep posting all the question about P manning again, but no one knows what the Broncos are going to get from him this season.,

Jmo I don't think Bronco talent is good enough regardless if Manning still at the top of his game. That Bronco defense while it wasn't that good to begin with, lost some key pieces. I( have no fear whaty so ever what the Bronco possess on defense. Dumberville just makes it easier to run the ball down their throats ob his size.
It was a totally new offense for Tebow and he did not have an offseason to learn the new offense. Anyway, the Broncos ended up scratching Fox's traditional offense and going with an offense Tebow could run more effectively.
Tombstone RJ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 04:06 PM   #281
Raider9175
Seasoned Veteran
 

Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 333
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncocalijohn View Post
You realize many of those sacks were on the QB not the Oline, right? Also, you are telling us that more experience from our 2011 rookies isn't going to help or we have a QB that releases the ball before most defenders have a chance at him. Are you high?



Wooooow! So, our predictions, that are more on evidence, isn't counted on but your "Top 5" offense crap based on "wishing upon a star" and make believe dreams shouldn't be considered Miss Cleo material? Dude, please be sure to check in during the regular season. I am beginning to think you are really Tyrell Jones.
Everything is On the Qb. What a Joke they threw the ball 429 times only and you give up 42 sacks. P A T H E T I C.


Do you know who you start on the interior of your oline. Raiders DT will eat those guys up. NO Qb I don't care who they are, like pressure coming up the middle. Again a Qb could have the quickest rerlease but he still needs someone to throw to. You do know if a Qb still in the pocket and throws the ball away with no one there it's intentional grounding.

Here is the facts why my prediction makes more sense. Raiders been a top ten offense the last two years. IF they stayed healthy the ninth rank offense could have been in the top- five. That is a fact.

The Bronco offense was 23 ranked offense last year. You don't even know what Peyton Manning you're going to get. Huge question marks that are going to be there all season. To expect a huge jump is delusional as you just have to go so far.

That like me making a prediction Raiders defense going to be top five. That is comparable to your mindless predictions. I hope you don't disappear from your own board.
Raider9175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 04:18 PM   #282
Raider9175
Seasoned Veteran
 

Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 333
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bacillus Anthracis View Post
Last year's offensive scheme didn't utilize the TE position all that much. It was one of Hue Jackson's biggest mistakes because we had two very capable players in Kevin Boss and Brandon Myers. But his philosophy called for the TEs to be primarily blockers--which works when your starting receivers are on the field, but not when you're pulling guys off the practice squad to come in an play the position.

This season, I don't know. We let Boss go to KC which I think was a big mistake, but maybe the cap was involved. I don't know.

As for our O vs. your D: We did enough to win the first one and in the second game our D f'ing collapsed in the second half. 24 points should have been enough to close that thing out. Also, that was Palmer's second week in the offense after being on the team for all of 10 days at that point.



Assuming he's back to his regular self, that's probably true.
Correct last year scheme the Te's were there to block and the offense went through the Wr's. If you didn't block(TE) you weren't going to play.
David Ausberry their is no question about his receiving skills. It will come down to his ability to block . He improved in that area he will be raiders starting Te.

This is a very Te friendly offense Raiders are playing in. Even Blocking TE richard Gordson who a very raw receiver is going to get his yards in this system( see Joel Dreesen who was strictly a blocking Te like Gordon, but was more than that in a similar system)

The Raiders TE will put up some very good numbers up in 2012. No doubt about that. (raider coaches had worries about the position but came away very impressed with what they saw from their Te's.

The reason Kevin Boss was let go is simple. He had five concussions with the Giants and he had two more with the Raiders. Once you had that many concussions, it's only a matter of time before the next one occurs.

First meeting there was no need to throw it as they ran the ball down your throats again. Raiders with a healthy running game(DMc) and C Palmer passing it. Your defense not slowing that Raider offense down.

Last edited by Raider9175; 07-25-2012 at 04:23 PM..
Raider9175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 05:57 PM   #283
Bronco Rob
Ring of Famer
 
Bronco Rob's Avatar
 
The Alpha & The Omega

Join Date: Apr 2001
Posts: 4,746

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Kush & Irsay
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider9175 View Post
Correct last year scheme the Te's were there to block and the offense went through the Wr's. If you didn't block(TE) you weren't going to play.
David Ausberry their is no question about his receiving skills. It will come down to his ability to block . He improved in that area he will be raiders starting Te.

This is a very Te friendly offense Raiders are playing in. Even Blocking TE richard Gordson who a very raw receiver is going to get his yards in this system( see Joel Dreesen who was like Gordon, but was more than that in a similar system)

The Raiders TE will put up some very good numbers up in 2012. No doubt about that. (raider coaches had worries about the position but came away very impressed with what they saw from their Te's.

The reason Kevin Boss was let go is simple. He had five concussions with the Giants and he had two more with the Raiders. Once you had that many concussions, it's only a matter of time before the next one occurs.

First meeting there was no need to throw it as they ran the ball down your throats again. Raiders with a healthy running game(DMc) and C Palmer passing it. Your defense not slowing that Raider offense down.


The raiders staring tight ends have 34 career receptions and ZERO touchdowns. That "strictly a blocking Te" Dressen had 28 receptions and 6 touchdowns in 2011...


Back to the failboard.......





Bronco Rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 06:32 PM   #284
Bacillus Anthracis
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronco Rob View Post
The raiders staring tight ends have 34 career receptions and ZERO touchdowns. That "strictly a blocking Te" Dressen had 28 receptions and 6 touchdowns in 2011...


Back to the failboard.......





Not really. Myers is solid. He's one of those guys who catches the crucial third and short pass or makes the block that springs the running back. Not spectacular but more than serviceable. Outside of that, we don't have much. If our TE position was completely screwed, I'd have no shame in saying so. For example, if Myers were to go down for the season in training camp, then hell yeah, we'd be screwed at the position.

Ausberry's still a work in progress, a classic Al Davis pick. Great physical traits: tall, fast, strong. In college the guy was a decent WR on a USC Trojan team that threw the ball to everyone. What Al didn't really care too much about was that the guy wasn't a tight end. To be fair to the old man though, we did get him in the 7th round. And that's where you should draft projects.

For some reason, despite the facts of near zero production, Raider fans are high on this guy. I just don't get it. Projects almost always remain projects until they find themselves either 1) Glad they made the most of their academic opportunities in college or 2) Regretting that they didn't make the most of their academic opportunities in college; or 3) they actually turn into consistent contributors. But 2 is most likely.
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 07:41 PM   #285
Raider9175
Seasoned Veteran
 

Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 333
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronco Rob View Post
The raiders staring tight ends have 34 career receptions and ZERO touchdowns. That "strictly a blocking Te" Dressen had 28 receptions and 6 touchdowns in 2011...


Back to the failboard.......





Bronco ROb where do I start with you. YOu do understand in the Texans offense system(what Dreesen was in) that system by design lets the TE come free occasionally .(naked Bootlegs by the QB let the Te get out a lot of times uncovered. Dreesen was strictly a blocking Te in a traditional offense. His numbers in Texas system are some what inflated by the system.

That why I'm very confidant Raiders inexperience TE are going to put up decent numbers because the system is very Te friendly.

Here is excerpt . talking about TE positio in Oakland.
The least experienced position group on the roster may also be the most intriguing and, well, malleable, what with the Raiders still holding three roster spots open and about $6.5 million in salary cap space three days before the team reports to Napa for training camp.

Each player brings a different skill set and well, let's let Gordon break it down. "Everybody's doing something different like, mostly, I do the blocking, Ausberry's doing most of the catching, Brandon's doing both," Gordon surmised. Ausberry, who packed on muscle this offseason, was the dark horse coming into the spring and had a backer in quarterback Carson Palmer but the relative vet seemed to wrest control later.

"You have a good feel that Brandon Myers will probably be the guy," Palmer said, "but behind him, you don't know. There's three guys who want that spot. There's going to be a lot of competition at that spot. All those guys are similar but each is really good at what the other guys isn't, which is exciting." Especially since the new offense brought in by returning coordinator Greg Knapp relies heavily on the tight end.

"We were kind of nonexistent last year," Myers said. "You know, if you look at the track record with Houston and previous places coach has been, tight ends are a focal point of the zone schemes on the outside off the naked and stuff like that. It's on us to make plays and for them to trust us when it is third down to make the plays."

And if this trio is what the Raiders enter the season with at tight end, Ausberry is fine with that. "We're capable of doing a lot of things just because we're athletic tight ends and that's going to give is a lot of chances to make plays in the open field."
Raider9175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 07:17 AM   #286
Bronco Rob
Ring of Famer
 
Bronco Rob's Avatar
 
The Alpha & The Omega

Join Date: Apr 2001
Posts: 4,746

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Kush & Irsay
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bacillus Anthracis View Post
Not really. Myers is solid. He's one of those guys who catches the crucial third and short pass or makes the block that springs the running back. Not spectacular but more than serviceable. Outside of that, we don't have much. If our TE position was completely screwed, I'd have no shame in saying so. For example, if Myers were to go down for the season in training camp, then hell yeah, we'd be screwed at the position.

Ausberry's still a work in progress, a classic Al Davis pick. Great physical traits: tall, fast, strong. In college the guy was a decent WR on a USC Trojan team that threw the ball to everyone. What Al didn't really care too much about was that the guy wasn't a tight end. To be fair to the old man though, we did get him in the 7th round. And that's where you should draft projects.

For some reason, despite the facts of near zero production, Raider fans are high on this guy. I just don't get it. Projects almost always remain projects until they find themselves either 1) Glad they made the most of their academic opportunities in college or 2) Regretting that they didn't make the most of their academic opportunities in college; or 3) they actually turn into consistent contributors. But 2 is most likely.



Greg Knapp loves to use the tight end in his offense. Owens was the leading receiver he and Dressen combined for 82 receptions and 9 touchdowns in 2011 for the Texans. Since the two tight end set is all the rage in the NFL I find it curious that of all the teams in the AFC West the raiders have the least talent at that position. I guess being 22 million over the cap with no draft picks until #95 their hands were tied.




Bronco Rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 08:16 AM   #287
Bacillus Anthracis
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronco Rob View Post
Greg Knapp loves to use the tight end in his offense. Owens was the leading receiver he and Dressen combined for 82 receptions and 9 touchdowns in 2011 for the Texans. Since the two tight end set is all the rage in the NFL I find it curious that of all the teams in the AFC West the raiders have the least talent at that position. I guess being 22 million over the cap with no draft picks until #95 their hands were tied.




I honestly don't know what Knapp's going to actually do vs. what the Texans did. The offenses will be similar but our wideouts as a group are better than Houstons. It would seem to make sense to utilize them more than the TEs, especially considering our lack of depth at that position.

As for why we didn't pick up someone else, it was probably a combination of the cap situation at the time and lack of draft picks. OTOH, who was there to get that's worth paying extra $ for? We have some cap space right now and could bring in another TE, the question is who?

There are going to be cap/contract issues next season that at this time are hard to analyze with any degree of certainty. So with that in mind, is it worth to get bumped right up against the cap now when we already have sufficient talent to make the offense viable? I don't know.
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 10:10 AM   #288
Irish Stout
Ring of Famer
 
Irish Stout's Avatar
 
Run for it Marty!

Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Colorado
Posts: 3,823

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Wesley Woodyard
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider9175 View Post
Everything is On the Qb. What a Joke they threw the ball 429 times only and you give up 42 sacks. P A T H E T I C.
You're an idiot. You can't make judgments about an Oline simply looking at the flat stat line when Tebow is involved. If you watched any Broncos games then you'd know you're dripping bs from the corners of your mouth. Lets look at this a little bit more systematically:

2011 Broncos QBs
Orton - Sacked 9 times by Opponents in 5 games starting.
Orton - 1.8 sacks per game

Tebow - Sacked 33 times by Oponents in 11 games starting.
Tebow - 3 sacks per game

Same Oline. One QB was mobile and one was slow. One was technically a better passer and one was technically a more dominant athlete. If you watched games, you'd see Tebow get sacked because he often didn't know what or how to execute an appropriate play and he would hold the ball for WAY too long. That same delay created plays and killed drives. Only a handful of Tebows sacks were due to the Oline. Most were because he would hold the ball and stay behind the line of scrimmage for 8-10 seconds.

Did you know that Tebow didn't audible one snap in 11 starts? Regardless if a blitz was coming or not, Tebow couldn't adjust the offense to protect himself from a sack.

All of that being said, Tebow could be a monster. With a little more QB maturity he has the potential of destroying defenses for years to come. However, he has a long way to go to learn how to read and adjust to a defense. Once he does his sack numbers will fall.
Irish Stout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 01:55 PM   #289
Bronco Rob
Ring of Famer
 
Bronco Rob's Avatar
 
The Alpha & The Omega

Join Date: Apr 2001
Posts: 4,746

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Kush & Irsay
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish Stout View Post
You're an idiot. You can't make judgments about an Oline simply looking at the flat stat line when Tebow is involved. If you watched any Broncos games then you'd know you're dripping bs from the corners of your mouth. Lets look at this a little bit more systematically:

2011 Broncos QBs
Orton - Sacked 9 times by Opponents in 5 games starting.
Orton - 1.8 sacks per game

Tebow - Sacked 33 times by Oponents in 11 games starting.
Tebow - 3 sacks per game

Same Oline. One QB was mobile and one was slow. One was technically a better passer and one was technically a more dominant athlete. If you watched games, you'd see Tebow get sacked because he often didn't know what or how to execute an appropriate play and he would hold the ball for WAY too long. That same delay created plays and killed drives. Only a handful of Tebows sacks were due to the Oline. Most were because he would hold the ball and stay behind the line of scrimmage for 8-10 seconds.

Did you know that Tebow didn't audible one snap in 11 starts? Regardless if a blitz was coming or not, Tebow couldn't adjust the offense to protect himself from a sack.

All of that being said, Tebow could be a monster. With a little more QB maturity he has the potential of destroying defenses for years to come. However, he has a long way to go to learn how to read and adjust to a defense. Once he does his sack numbers will fall.


Bronco Rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 08:30 PM   #290
Bronco Rob
Ring of Famer
 
Bronco Rob's Avatar
 
The Alpha & The Omega

Join Date: Apr 2001
Posts: 4,746

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Kush & Irsay
Default

First Carson now Seymour....



NAPA -- Richard Seymour is expecting big things from the Raiders defense this season.

Ranked No. 29 in the NFL last season in terms of yards allowed, Seymour expects a big improvement, saying the Raiders could be a top five team in terms of defense in 2012.

The Raiders' defensive tackle Seymour made the statement Sunday when he was asked how the Raiders could be so consistently shaky against the run, yet be a decent team rushing the passer.

Oakland ranked 27th in run defense while surrendering an NFL-worst 5.1 yards per carry, but had a respectable 39 sacks -- 15th in the league.

``You just have to be disciplined, be where you're supposed to be when you're supposed to be there,'' Seymour said Sunday, the day before the Raiders held their first training camp practice. ``If not, things happen. But we're definitely laying the foundation. Every year is different. Hopefully, we'll be a top five defense this year.''

Seymour made his seventh Pro Bowl last season, even though his play sagged toward the middle of the season with a knee injury he is still reluctant to discuss.

``You never want to talk about injuries," Seymour said. "I came out of the gate well and then a knee injury, and it slowed down from there. Toward the end, I started to regain my form a little bit. I'm optimistic and feeling good right now.''




http://www.insidebayarea.com/raiders...ce=most_viewed





Bronco Rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 09:39 PM   #291
maher_tyler
Ring of Famer
 
maher_tyler's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: AZ
Posts: 6,098

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Champ Bailey
Default

If McFadden can't stay healthy, it's going to be a long year for the Raiders. Palmer has never been all that great. He had one good year in Cinci and then got hurt. He was with a coach he was very familiar with last year and still struggled. The Raiders gave up way to much to get him and would have been better long term without him. They have lost a lot of talent the past few years in FA and haven't brought much in to replace the talent that left. Not being a homer, I just don't see the Raiders having a very good year unless Palmer can play at a much higher level and McFadden can stay healthy...highly doubt that happens.
maher_tyler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 07:24 PM   #292
Bronco Rob
Ring of Famer
 
Bronco Rob's Avatar
 
The Alpha & The Omega

Join Date: Apr 2001
Posts: 4,746

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Kush & Irsay
Default

http://www.nfl.com/videos/auto/0ap20...r-interception



Carson Palmer 3 of 6 for 33 yards and an INT








Last edited by Bronco Rob; 08-13-2012 at 07:34 PM..
Bronco Rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 08:37 PM   #293
Broncos_OTM
Dropping bombs from 5280
 
Broncos_OTM's Avatar
 
Broncos Over All

Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 6,343

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider9175 View Post
Every time I think I heard the stupidest thing, Bronco fans come up with something even dumber. .

Tebow has been with the Broncos for two years. Don't you think it a little different with a Qb(from another team coming in cold) than a Qb that been on the roster for two years, and was at the Team training camp. Have some common sense.

Again where were you Tebow bashers when The KId was pulling games out of his arse last year. (do I have to do a search) Now because the Bronco got a Qb who once was one of the best to play the game. I'm not going to keep posting all the question about P manning again, but no one knows what the Broncos are going to get from him this season., That is a fact.

Jmo I don't think Bronco talent is good enough regardless if Manning still at the top of his game. That Bronco defense while it wasn't that good to begin with, lost some key pieces. I have no fear what so ever with what the Bronco possess on defense. (Raider fan perspective) Dumberville just makes it easier to run the ball down their throats to his size.
manning if healthy is hall of fame bound... tebow as much as I liked the person is not much of a qb.manning is bringing some of his offensive concepts he used In Indy.silly raiders fan is silly
Broncos_OTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 09:01 PM   #294
Bacillus Anthracis
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronco Rob View Post
http://www.nfl.com/videos/auto/0ap20...r-interception



Carson Palmer 3 of 6 for 33 yards and an INT







Meh. But I do feel obligated to put up some kind of answer. Palmer should have been 5 for 6 but two perfectly thrown passes were dropped by Jacoby Ford, both of which would have been first downs. The burden of offensive production usually does fall on the quarterback but he can't catch the ball too.

From the way Ford played tonight, it looked like he was more worried about not getting hurt than playing well. And if that was the case, that's fine. He's proven himself to be an asset to the team and if anything, he's done well at catching extremely difficult passes, so I'm not worried about him just yet.

The playcalling was ass on the offensive side of the ball. Just kind of a seemingly unisinpired and unfocused mishmash of dink and dunk and poorly executed running plays. Personally, that was my biggest concern about the offense. I wasn't a fan of Greg Knapp when he was hired and I'm still not.

Why didn't we just keep Al Saunders as our OC? Hell if I know. But if this offense ends up sucking at least the source of the suck will be immediately identifiable.

Second concern was the 0-line. The starters, together with Palmer and McFadden looked fine. With just Palmer, they were okay. After that, they flat out sucked. Going in, it was known that depth was an issue for us at just about every position, but tonight it was apparent that it's going to bite us hard at some point during the regular season.

OTOH, our D looked good against Dallas' starters and scrubs. The fact that they kept us in the game is a complete flip from the past decade. I hope they continue to play well.
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 09:22 PM   #295
Bronco Rob
Ring of Famer
 
Bronco Rob's Avatar
 
The Alpha & The Omega

Join Date: Apr 2001
Posts: 4,746

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Kush & Irsay
Default

Raiders first-team offense rusty on Monday night

We thought that was a nice way of putting it.

The Oakland Raiders left quarterback Carson Palmer in for ten snaps during Monday night’s preseason opener against the Dallas Cowboys. Palmer played three possessions. They ended in an interception and two punts. Palmer didn’t get much help from his teammates — slot receiver Jacoby Ford had two brutal drops — but the veteran quarterback did throw a pick into double coverage when trying to hit Ford deep. Cowboys safety Gerald Sensabaugh read Palmer’s eyes all the way. As Ross Tucker of Sirius XM NFL Radio noted, Palmer was also sacked on a play that saw the Raiders try to block DeMarcus Ware with tight end Richard Gordon.


And that’s a mismatch. They’ll hope to do a bit better the next time out.




http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...-monday-night/
Bronco Rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 09:36 PM   #296
DENVERDUI55
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

McFadden looked great. Their O will be a pretty good if he stays healthy. Maybe I should say their O will be good in the games he does play.
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 09:53 PM   #297
DeuceOfClub
 
DeuceOfClub's Avatar
 
SuperBowl

Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Indian Rocks Beach
Posts: 1,121

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Aaron Brewer
Default

Palmer solidify his position as a top 50 active QBs.
DeuceOfClub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 10:26 PM   #298
Bacchus
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by retarded ass article
Whatever! Since when has Raider Nation given a hoot about what the mainstream media has to say?

Should Raider Nation expect Carson Palmer to get to the Pro Bowl? Maybe, maybe not. Should Raider Nation expect Palmer to throw for 5,000 yards, 50 touchdowns and zero interceptions? Absolutely not. But, can Raider Nation expect Palmer to perform as well as, or even better than the other quarterbacks in the AFC West?

Absolutely!

The Raiders have more offensive talent than every team in the division, more defensive talent than Denver and San Diego, and the Raiders have the most hungry coaches, the hungriest players and the most motivated general manager in the division by a wide margin.
Wow that article is seriously bad. I'm glad the raiders do not give a hoot......



The "Most hungry Coaches" The "Hungriest Players" HAHAHA I'm sure the raiders would be SB champions of the buffet lines but how does that relate to football.

and on a serious note how is their GM more motivated than John Elway?

Last edited by Bacchus; 08-13-2012 at 10:30 PM..
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 10:56 PM   #299
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings
 
broncocalijohn's Avatar
 
I said Do It!

Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Lake Forest, Orange County, Calif.
Posts: 21,605

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronco Rob View Post
http://www.nfl.com/videos/auto/0ap20...r-interception



Carson Palmer 3 of 6 for 33 yards and an INT







Top 5 offense here we come!
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 11:01 PM   #300
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera
 
cutthemdown's Avatar
 
Zimm to HOF

Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Long Beach
Posts: 36,495
Default

Raiders won't be great on defense just avg at best. On offense with Mcfadden they will be dangerous. If he gets injured they won't. I give it 50/50 they make playoffs. But I think all the afc west teams withing about 60/40 to 50/50. Seriously all the teams are pretty avg.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:30 AM.


Denver Broncos