The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-22-2012, 08:12 PM   #26
lonestar
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: West Texas
Posts: 6,203

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadianbroncosfan View Post
Pat Bowlen is clearly broke.

Anyways Ryan take the ****ing money and run. Or at least block. You want Thomas money, earn Thomas money.
do you have a clue? Clady is being offered a fair contract compared to his recent past performance..

Pat is not investing his money at this point all the salaries are being paid by ticket sales, (thanks Peyton) and TV money..

Come next year IIRC they have to spend a certain amount of the revenues minimum money unlike this year where if you did not notice we are about as close to the cap as we can get..

 
lonestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 08:15 PM   #27
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings
 
broncocalijohn's Avatar
 
I said Do It!

Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Lake Forest, Orange County, Calif.
Posts: 21,802

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonestar View Post
do you have a clue? Clady is being offered a fair contract compared to his recent past performance..

Pat is not investing his money at this point all the salaries are being paid by ticket sales, (thanks Peyton) and TV money..

Come next year IIRC they have to spend a certain amount of the revenues minimum money unlike this year where if you did not notice we are about as close to the cap as we can get..

 
You need to pick up on sarcasm. He thinks Clady should take the money because he is getting a very good deal for himself compared to what he has done in recent years.
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 08:18 PM   #28
Kaylore
Shall we begin?
 
Kaylore's Avatar
 
You should have let me sleep!

Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Ceti Alpha V
Posts: 45,801

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen
Default

Clady might get a better deal blocking for Peyton Manning in free agency. Which is fine with me. Make an offer, let him walk and take the compensatory pick OR franchise if he is legitimately dominant.
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 08:35 PM   #29
lonestar
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: West Texas
Posts: 6,203

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncocalijohn View Post
You need to pick up on sarcasm. He thinks Clady should take the money because he is getting a very good deal for himself compared to what he has done in recent years.
I was referring to his assine statement about Pat being Broke.. Sarcasm or not it was a dumb thing to say..

Some of the posters here are believing that all the money that comes in and goes into Pats Pockets and then is paid out as he sees fit..

Loads do not have a clue on how businesses run..
lonestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 08:35 PM   #30
Gcver2ver3
Ring of Famer
 
Gcver2ver3's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Tampa Bay, FL
Posts: 6,576

Adopt-a-Bronco:
not Lance Ball
Default

don't blame clady's camp for wanting more money... thats just negotiating tactics 101...

but the name Joe Thomas should never be uttered from their mouths... its hard to take them serious with that type of demand...
Gcver2ver3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 08:47 PM   #31
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller
 
Lestat's Avatar
 
Say what again! I dare you!

Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Birmingham, AL
Posts: 9,366
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gutless Drunk View Post
the $10 million average annual value would put Clady with the NFL’s top-five highest-paid left tackles.

Clady, who is in the final year of his rookie contract, is owed $3.5 million in 2012.

Per Klis, however, the offer isn’t viewed as strong enough by Clady’s camp. Agent Pat Dye reportedly wants a deal worth more than that of Cleveland’s Joe Thomas. Thomas signed an eight-year, $92 million deal last August and is the NFL’s richest left tackle.

Clady isn’t as good as Thomas — and it isn’t even close. So the fact that Clady wants more money than a player he’s inferior to suggests no deal is imminent, barring a surprise increase in the Broncos’ already reasonable offer or decrease in Clady’s unreasonable contract demands.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...ion-extension/
this mother****er is smoking some serious weed laced with acid if he thinks this is gonna happen.
Lestat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 08:53 PM   #32
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings
 
broncocalijohn's Avatar
 
I said Do It!

Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Lake Forest, Orange County, Calif.
Posts: 21,802

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonestar View Post
I was referring to his assine statement about Pat being Broke.. Sarcasm or not it was a dumb thing to say..

Some of the posters here are believing that all the money that comes in and goes into Pats Pockets and then is paid out as he sees fit..

Loads do not have a clue on how businesses run..
Dude, if you cant tell he was being sarcastic about pat being broke and yet shelling out a possible $50 million on Clady, nobody can help you. It wasn't assinine. It was assinine that you couldn't tell that he was being sarcastic.
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 08:54 PM   #33
lonestar
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: West Texas
Posts: 6,203

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncocalijohn View Post
Dude, if you cant tell he was being sarcastic about pat being broke and yet shelling out a possible $50 million on Clady, nobody can help you. It wasn't assinine. It was assinine that you couldn't tell that he was being sarcastic.
I guess my sarcasm nerve is shot over this weekend..

If you think that way good for you..
lonestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 09:06 PM   #34
baja
Elite Sissie
 
baja's Avatar
 
Because

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: in the present moment
Posts: 59,411

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Cito's Sissies
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay3 View Post
Because he gets rid of it quickly? Offset by the amount of pressure to get at Peyton. Tebow had people actually not wanting to get to him, to make him throw it.

The pass rush will be amped up this year.

And "just get rid of it" is not always the magic answer. Yes, you can avoid a sack. But sometimes Peyton prefers to go ahead and have protection to allow a play to develop.

Do you actually believe that?
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 09:16 PM   #35
OBF1
Ring of Famer
 
No avatar is the new avatar

Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Orlando, Florida
Posts: 15,583

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None are worthy
Default

Also add that Clady hurt himself playing hoops and basically missed a year because of him playing basketball.

Joe Thomas>>>>>>> Ryan Clady Facts are facts.
OBF1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 09:26 PM   #36
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum
 
broncosteven's Avatar
 
Where is Amazon!

Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Tranquility Base
Posts: 34,625

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson!
Default

Did Clady sign or is he still drawing this out?
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 09:38 PM   #37
Requiem
~~~
 
Requiem's Avatar
 
~ ~ ~

Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Earth Division
Posts: 23,276

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara
Default

Guess we will have to franchise him.
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 09:47 PM   #38
errand
Ring of Famer
 
errand's Avatar
 
Forgot more than you'll ever know

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Western NC mountains
Posts: 17,331
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by baja View Post
Do you actually believe that?
Of course he does....
errand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 10:08 PM   #39
razorwire77
Tapenade Swagga
 
razorwire77's Avatar
 
"Not too shabby."

Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Albuquerque
Posts: 4,396

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Bradley Roby
Default

That's a really strong offer, given Clady's injury history. Pat musta hit up the King Soopers Coinstar and cashed in some loose change on a trip to buy some knockoff brand bourbon.

If Clady balks at this contract, when the time comes you might as well throw the franchise tag on him. Let him prove he's better than Thomas and if he does then you break the bank slightly more to make him the highest paid tackle in the league. I'm sure Pat will pawn some jewelry to make it happen if that is the case.
razorwire77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 10:09 PM   #40
delany
Uber Bronco
 
delany's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 1,042
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonestar View Post
I guess my sarcasm nerve is shot over this weekend..

If you think that way good for you..
Here is a clue to help you along because you seem so inept...

If someone says something about Myrtle Beach, Foneco, Ambien, Pat being broke, rant about being voted off of Survivor, meth alley, Ghostbusters, Madise, the Claw, Subway, throat punches, backflips by prospects, breaking off 2k in the Bronco system, having 5 tools, being able to judge that pics are fake from looking at the pixels, heard something on the lightrail….

Assume they are being sarcastic.
delany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 05:03 AM   #41
Agamemnon
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Clady is not worth 10 million a year. Period.
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 05:17 AM   #42
Drek
Ring of Famer
 
Drek's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 12,368
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by baja View Post
Do you actually believe that?
FYI, this is factually true.

Multiple opposing defensive players talked about how they were being told repeatedly to keep containment on Tebow as the top priority, not attacking the QB.

New England, who did so well against us in both games, took this to the extreme and basically had their DEs spying the edges for Tebow to scramble around the end.

Teams significantly reduced their pass rush pressure against the Broncos late last season in order to take away escape routes for Tebow.
Drek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 05:47 AM   #43
BroncoInferno
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 13,209
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agamemnon View Post
Clady is not worth 10 million a year. Period.
Definitely not the way he played the last two seasons. But his first two seasons in the league, he WAS better than Joe Thomas. The knee injury seems to have taken something out of him. Hopefully, with the knee injury a couple a years in the rearview, he can get back to the Clady of 2008-2009.
BroncoInferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 05:55 AM   #44
BroncoInferno
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 13,209
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drek View Post
FYI, this is factually true.

Multiple opposing defensive players talked about how they were being told repeatedly to keep containment on Tebow as the top priority, not attacking the QB.

New England, who did so well against us in both games, took this to the extreme and basically had their DEs spying the edges for Tebow to scramble around the end.

Teams significantly reduced their pass rush pressure against the Broncos late last season in order to take away escape routes for Tebow.
The sack rate doubled with Tebow in the lineup. Almost literally. The sack % ("Percentage of Time Sacked When Attempting to Pass") was 5.5% with Orton and exploded to 10.9% with Tebow. So, if teams were really toning down their pass rush for Tebow, it's pretty ominous that he was nevertheless getting sacked at twice the rate per drop back than the human statue Orton. That says more about Tebow's flaws than the quality of the blocking.
BroncoInferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 06:07 AM   #45
broncswin
God I love those Broncos
 
broncswin's Avatar
 
Bring back the hardware

Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Broncos Fantasy Land
Posts: 2,188

Adopt-a-Bronco:
three amigos
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
Clady might get a better deal blocking for Peyton Manning in free agency. Which is fine with me. Make an offer, let him walk and take the compensatory pick OR franchise if he is legitimately dominant.
Spot on with this post....no damn way is he worth Thomas money. See what he does this year with a pocket passer, if he returns to stud form offer him a top three contract. Joe Thomas money though...gtfo
broncswin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 06:54 AM   #46
canadianbroncosfan
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Jesus since when do you have to defend a ``Pat Bowlen is clearly broke``

Anyways thanks broncocalijohn and delaney for defending me in my absence. Didn`t think I needed to come back for that one. REP
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 07:06 AM   #47
s0phr0syne
Symbiotic
 
s0phr0syne's Avatar
 
Absorb and Redirect

Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 1,626

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by delany View Post
Here is a clue to help you along because you seem so inept...

If someone says something about Myrtle Beach, Foneco, Ambien, Pat being broke, rant about being voted off of Survivor, meth alley, Ghostbusters, Madise, the Claw, Subway, throat punches, backflips by prospects, breaking off 2k in the Bronco system, having 5 tools, being able to judge that pics are fake from looking at the pixels, heard something on the lightrail….

Assume they are being sarcastic.

lol, this needs to be sticky-ed or something as an intro to the OMane
s0phr0syne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 07:08 AM   #48
JLesSPE
Pro Bowler
 
JLesSPE's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Republic, MO
Posts: 539
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by delany View Post
Here is a clue to help you along because you seem so inept...

If someone says something about Myrtle Beach, Foneco, Ambien, Pat being broke, rant about being voted off of Survivor, meth alley, Ghostbusters, Madise, the Claw, Subway, throat punches, backflips by prospects, breaking off 2k in the Bronco system, having 5 tools, being able to judge that pics are fake from looking at the pixels, heard something on the lightrail….

Assume they are being sarcastic.
Let's just ignore him and discuss whether or not Colquitt has the punting job all locked up.
JLesSPE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 07:39 AM   #49
Smiling Assassin27
Louisville Soul Train
 
Smiling Assassin27's Avatar
 
Hurry Hurry

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: In a van down by the river
Posts: 12,157

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller
Default

Quote:
Clady isn’t as good as Thomas — and it isn’t even close. So the fact that Clady wants more money than a player he’s inferior to suggests no deal is imminent, barring a surprise increase in the Broncos’ already reasonable offer or decrease in Clady’s unreasonable contract demands.
This. It's still about supply and demand, though, so the Broncos may offer more before it's said and done.
Smiling Assassin27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 07:46 AM   #50
RhymesayersDU
Go Broncos, Nuggets, Rox
 
RhymesayersDU's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Back In The 303!
Posts: 14,989

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ty Lawson
Default

For the people saying Clady isn't worth the contract, and I'm not saying you're wrong. But who replaces him? Do we trade up in the next draft to take an elite LT?
RhymesayersDU is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:57 AM.


Denver Broncos