The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 07-21-2012, 04:21 PM   #251
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
He'll say they were 9-7 two years ago. He's into saying what you were two seasons ago.
But remember the past doesn't matter....

Last edited by DBroncos4life; 07-21-2012 at 04:36 PM..
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 05:46 PM   #252
KCStud
Ring of Famer

AmeriStanzi!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by DENVERDUI55 View Post
What is the difference between them beating one winning team and us? I'm just pointing out your stat arguing is flawed and can be skewed however you want it. NY is obviously better.
NY dealt with a lot of injuries. And they won the SB by beating the best teams 4 games in a row. They deserve their credit.
KCStud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 05:51 PM   #253
KCStud
Ring of Famer

AmeriStanzi!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by CEH View Post
Who did the Denver Broncos beat in the 2011 playoffs. That's right the defending AFC Champion Pittsburgh Steelers

Not sure they qualify as a bad nor losing team.

Care to explain how Pittsburgh is a bad team?
You beat a battered Steelers team at home in a miracle. Congrats.

What happened the next week? Care to tell?

You're playing those caliber of teams almost every week this year. Wonder how many "miracles" you'll need this time.

And don't even bring up Manning. He alone won't make up the difference of 40+ points against that team.

And you guys talk like your SB contenders? You aren't even a top 3 team in the weaker conference. Doubt you guys go to the SB, especially this year.
Old 07-21-2012, 06:08 PM   #254
CEH
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCStud View Post

You're playing those caliber of teams almost every week this year. Wonder how many "miracles" you'll need this time.

And don't even bring up Manning. He alone won't make up the difference of 40+ points against that team.

And you guys talk like your SB contenders? You aren't even a top 3 team in the weaker conference. Doubt you guys go to the SB, especially this year.
You have nothing we beat that caliber of team last year and we can do it again
You lost to bu at home 41-7 with a full squad
A playoff win is a playoff win ask Dallas cowboys
Trying to marginalized our win is a weak argument
Vegas doesn't ignore mannings presence but you do cause you have nothing but a team that got boat raced at home by a team that hasn't been to the super bowl in but once in the last 25 years

Manning a raven killer btw

I told you last year before preseason Kc was going be bit by the injury bug snd this year I'm telling you Denver wins the divisioion Kc will be out by week 12 due to cassell

Last edited by CEH; 07-21-2012 at 06:36 PM..
CEH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 08:38 AM   #255
DENVERDUI55

Quote:
NY dealt with a lot of injuries. And they won the SB by beating the best teams 4 games in a row. They deserve their credit.
They do but back to showing your dumb take is flawed. You claimed Denver didn't beat anyone good well NY didn't til playoffs either and lucked out into getting into the playoffs.
Old 07-22-2012, 09:02 AM   #256
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

Quote:

I guess we will just have to wait and see how this coming season goes and which team is the best in the AFCW.
Tombstone RJ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 12:56 PM   #257
400HZ
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ed Hochuli

Nice write up Kaylore.

I haven't followed the NFL sufficiently this off season to offer much of an informed opinion, but I've kept up with my beloved Chargers and Denver was in the news so much this spring that they were unavoidable.

Starting with Denver - the rightful off season favorite in my opinion - I want to say they look like a 12-4 team with Peyton Manning, a good offensive line, and a decent defense. Seeing their schedule makes me second guess that, though. And looking over their roster, I think you have to be very concerned about their depth on defense. They look thin on the defensive line and look to be counting on getting a lot from some veterans with recent health problems. Now Dumervil has a potentially serious issue. Same with DJ Williams at linebacker. I'm not really familiar with what they have in the secondary right now, but I know age was a concern last season, and only one draft pick spent there. Peyton Manning does make his defense look a lot better though with the pressure he puts on the opposing team to score points. I'm worried about a situation where he scores some early touchdowns and Miller and Dumervil just spend the rest of the afternoon teeing off.

That schedule is brutal though, especially early on when Manning will be re-adjusting to the game. Looks like 10-6 at best to me, but with some probable play off juice if the vets stay reasonably healthy.

As for San Diego, the popular national sentiment seems to be that losing Vincent Jackson defined their off season, but I disagree. VJ made big, game-changing plays, but he was never Rivers' go-to guy. That distinction has always belonged to Antonio Gates, and Gates should enter this season healthy for the first time since 2007. After Gates, its Malcolm Floyd, who has shown two things: 1) He can put up big numbers in this offense when he's healthy, and 2) he can't stay healthy. That's a concern, and that's why I was so thrilled with adding Robert Meachem and Eddie Royal. Add in Vincent Brown hopefully showing second-year improvement, and I think this group is definitely good enough for Rivers to be successful. Just as important, its a deep group.

On defense, adding Kendall Reyes (who I love) and Abrayo Franklin to the mix of youngsters up front substantially improves that group. Donald Butler is a really good inside linebacker, but his inside partner will probably be below average. The outside linebacker position should be the best its been since the MerriRoid days with Jarrett Johnson and Melvin Ingram replacing some ineffectual players who were on the field way too much last season. The Chargers main concern on defense has to be in the secondary, and that concern is well-founded. All three of our cornerbacks sucked hard last year, and the safety spot opposite Weddle will be filled by a journeyman. I'm hoping our new defensive coordinator, John Pagano, is talented enough to cover this up.

To me, the Chargers are good enough to finish 10-6 and bad enough to hit 8-8.
400HZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 01:01 PM   #258
lonestar
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker

Quote:
Originally Posted by 400HZ View Post
Nice write up Kaylore.

I haven't followed the NFL sufficiently this off season to offer much of an informed opinion, but I've kept up with my beloved Chargers and Denver was in the news so much this spring that they were unavoidable.

Starting with Denver - the rightful off season favorite in my opinion - I want to say they look like a 12-4 team with Peyton Manning, a good offensive line, and a decent defense. Seeing their schedule makes me second guess that, though. And looking over their roster, I think you have to be very concerned about their depth on defense. They look thin on the defensive line and look to be counting on getting a lot from some veterans with recent health problems. Now Dumervil has a potentially serious issue. Same with DJ Williams at linebacker. I'm not really familiar with what they have in the secondary right now, but I know age was a concern last season, and only one draft pick spent there. Peyton Manning does make his defense look a lot better though with the pressure he puts on the opposing team to score points. I'm worried about a situation where he scores some early touchdowns and Miller and Dumervil just spend the rest of the afternoon teeing off.

That schedule is brutal though, especially early on when Manning will be re-adjusting to the game. Looks like 10-6 at best to me, but with some probable play off juice if the vets stay reasonably healthy.

As for San Diego, the popular national sentiment seems to be that losing Vincent Jackson defined their off season, but I disagree. VJ made big, game-changing plays, but he was never Rivers' go-to guy. That distinction has always belonged to Antonio Gates, and Gates should enter this season healthy for the first time since 2007. After Gates, its Malcolm Floyd, who has shown two things: 1) He can put up big numbers in this offense when he's healthy, and 2) he can't stay healthy. That's a concern, and that's why I was so thrilled with adding Robert Meachem and Eddie Royal. Add in Vincent Brown hopefully showing second-year improvement, and I think this group is definitely good enough for Rivers to be successful. Just as important, its a deep group.

On defense, adding Kendall Reyes (who I love) and Abrayo Franklin to the mix of youngsters up front substantially improves that group. Donald Butler is a really good inside linebacker, but his inside partner will probably be below average. The outside linebacker position should be the best its been since the MerriRoid days with Jarrett Johnson and Melvin Ingram replacing some ineffectual players who were on the field way too much last season. The Chargers main concern on defense has to be in the secondary, and that concern is well-founded. All three of our cornerbacks sucked hard last year, and the safety spot opposite Weddle will be filled by a journeyman. I'm hoping our new defensive coordinator, John Pagano, is talented enough to cover this up.

Then you also have the Norv factor so subtract 2 games you should win but do not..
lonestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 01:48 PM   #259
KCStud
Ring of Famer

AmeriStanzi!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Nice write up Kaylore.

I think the Chargers will win the division this year. Their defense has playmakers at every level and the offense looks solid, especially with Rivers.
Rivers has made average receivers look good, and they added Meachem and Royal to replace Vincent Jackson. I think those are big additions.

The only real concern (besides Norv) is the offensive line. Losing McNeil and Dieman doesn't looks so good with all the good pass rushers in the division.
Old 07-22-2012, 01:58 PM   #260
JPPT1974
Training Camp!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBroncos4life View Post
But remember the past doesn't matter....
Yeah as it is time to move on. As now it is the Manning era.
JPPT1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 04:46 PM   #261
Kaylore
Shall we begin?

Pete Carroll is a douche

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

Quote:
Nice write up Kaylore.

Thanks. Honestly If it weren't for Norv coming back, I'd probably be higher on the Chargers. Norv typically has early season swoons to teams they have no business losing against. Even on the Raiders that was how he rolled. You guys barely stole some early season success last season. Rivers won't be hurt this year, which will help. MAYBE Meachem will be able to be Vincent Jackson-esque, but trust me when I tell you Royal is nothing but a tease. He'll give you guys one big play in a game and then disappear for games at a time.
Kaylore is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 04:47 PM   #262
KCStud
Ring of Famer

AmeriStanzi!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
They do but back to showing your dumb take is flawed. You claimed Denver didn't beat anyone good well NY didn't til playoffs either and lucked out into getting into the playoffs.
NYG have 2 SB's in the last 5 years. When you do that you can brag all you want.
Old 07-22-2012, 05:14 PM   #263
DENVERDUI55

Quote:
NYG have 2 SB's in the last 5 years. When you do that you can brag all you want.
Deflecting again. It's not that deep. How many good teams did the NYG beat last year in regular season?
Old 07-22-2012, 05:16 PM   #264
KCStud
Ring of Famer

AmeriStanzi!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Deflecting again. It's not that deep. How many good teams did the NYG beat last year in regular season?
Why does that matter? They proved they weren't frauds when they beat 4 playoff teams in a row and won the SB, not get blown out by 30+ points like you.
Old 07-22-2012, 05:18 PM   #265
DENVERDUI55

Quote:
Why does that matter? They proved they weren't frauds when they beat 4 playoff teams in a row and won the SB, not get blown out by 30+ points like you.
Because you claim that Denver didn't beat anyone good. Well neither did NY. Just keep spinning your awful takes.
Old 07-22-2012, 05:22 PM   #266
KCStud
Ring of Famer

AmeriStanzi!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Because you claim that Denver didn't beat anyone good. Well neither did NY. Just keep spinning your awful takes.
You are the only moron who would try to say the SB champs are frauds. Congrats

Last edited by KCStud; 07-22-2012 at 05:24 PM..
Old 07-22-2012, 05:25 PM   #267
DENVERDUI55

Quote:
You are the only moron who would try to say the SB champs are frauds. Congrats
Never said that once. I'm saying that your argument that you didn't beat anyone good is a joke like your stat arguing takes are.
Old 07-22-2012, 05:32 PM   #268
KCStud
Ring of Famer

AmeriStanzi!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Never said that once. I'm saying that your argument that you didn't beat anyone good is a joke like your stat arguing takes are.
The Giants did beat good teams, like I said. You just try to twist it to the regular season to help your point as if that post season run didn't matter. Fail.

And the Giants were 5-3 for the season (playoffs included) against playoff teams. Try turning that around sloppy.
Old 07-22-2012, 06:19 PM   #269
KCStud
Ring of Famer

AmeriStanzi!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

DUI55, it appears you're trying to compare the NYG and DEN. Let me ask you....how did both teams do against the one common opponent (Patriots)?
Old 07-22-2012, 06:44 PM   #270
Mogulseeker
Formerly mightysmurf

https://soundcloud.com/mogulseeker

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Lamin Barrow

Quote:
DUI55, it appears you're trying to compare the NYG and DEN. Let me ask you....how did both teams do against the one common opponent (Patriots)?
Historically? Pretty goo, actually.

The Broncos are 25-17 all-time against New England.

We're 6-2 against Brady.
Mogulseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 06:51 PM   #271
DENVERDUI55

Quote:
You make it so easy. Again your too stupid to actually comprehend what I was saying even though I've pointed it out several times. I was not comparing the caliber of a team that NYG and DEN are. I'm destroying your stupid stat arguing and cherry picked arguments. Lets go back to your original post.

Quote:
One of your eight wins came against a winning team and got your asses handed to you when you played elite teams.
No mention of playoffs right initially? Well guess what the SB champs only had one win against a winning team. Regular season opponents mean nothing once playoffs start. You are so easy to own.
Old 07-22-2012, 07:06 PM   #272
KCStud
Ring of Famer

AmeriStanzi!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
You make it so easy. Again your too stupid to actually comprehend what I was saying even though I've pointed it out several times. I was not comparing the caliber of a team that NYG and DEN are. I'm destroying your stupid stat arguing and cherry picked arguments. Lets go back to your original post.

No mention of playoffs right initially? Well guess what the SB champs only had one win against a winning team. Regular season opponents mean nothing once playoffs start. You are so easy to own.
And in that quote there was no mention of simply the regular season. The Giants beat 4 winning teams in a row to win the SB you dumbass. Regular season opponents mean everything because without beating them you don't get into the playoffs.

God you're stupid.
Old 07-22-2012, 08:47 PM   #273
lonestar
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker

Quote:
And in that quote there was no mention of simply the regular season. The Giants beat 4 winning teams in a row to win the SB you dumbass. Regular season opponents mean everything because without beating them you don't get into the playoffs.

God you're stupid.
they were average during the regular season 9-7 backed into the playoffs with a loss to the cowgirls were tha last team to qualify and then got on a roll in the play offs.

That happens a lot..

not sure why your even arguing about them..

Code:
1 	Sep 11 	NYG 14 @ WAS 28 	Final		80,121 	Rex Grossman
305 Yds (WAS) 	Tim Hightower
72 Yds (WAS) 	Hakeem Nicks
122 Yds (NYG)
2 	Sep 19 	STL 16 @ NYG 28 	Final		78,290 	Sam Bradford
331 Yds (STL) 	Ahmad Bradshaw
59 Yds (NYG) 	Danario Alexander
122 Yds (STL)
3 	Sep 25 	NYG 29 @ PHI 16 	Final		69,144 	Eli Manning
254 Yds (NYG) 	LeSean McCoy
128 Yds (PHI) 	Victor Cruz
110 Yds (NYG)
4 	Oct 02 	NYG 31 @ ARI 27 	Final		60,496 	Eli Manning
321 Yds (NYG) 	Beanie Wells
138 Yds (ARI) 	Hakeem Nicks
162 Yds (NYG)
5 	Oct 09 	SEA 36 @ NYG 25 	Final		78,650 	Eli Manning
420 Yds (NYG) 	Marshawn Lynch
98 Yds (SEA) 	Victor Cruz
161 Yds (NYG)
6 	Oct 16 	BUF 24 @ NYG 27 	Final		79,243 	Eli Manning
292 Yds (NYG) 	Fred Jackson
121 Yds (BUF) 	Hakeem Nicks
96 Yds (NYG)
7 	Bye 	
8 	Oct 30 	MIA 17 @ NYG 20 	Final		79,302 	Eli Manning
349 Yds (NYG) 	Reggie Bush
103 Yds (MIA) 	Victor Cruz
99 Yds (NYG)
9 	Nov 06 	NYG 24 @ NE 20 	Final		68,756 	Tom Brady
342 Yds (NE) 	Brandon Jacobs
72 Yds (NYG) 	Wes Welker
136 Yds (NE)
10 	Nov 13 	NYG 20 @ SF 27 	Final		69,732 	Eli Manning
311 Yds (NYG) 	Brandon Jacobs
55 Yds (NYG) 	Victor Cruz
84 Yds (NYG)
11 	Nov 20 	PHI 17 @ NYG 10 	Final		79,743 	Eli Manning
264 Yds (NYG) 	LeSean McCoy
113 Yds (PHI) 	Victor Cruz
128 Yds (NYG)
12 	Nov 28 	NYG 24 @ NO 49 	Final		73,068 	Eli Manning
406 Yds (NYG) 	Mark Ingram
80 Yds (NO) 	Victor Cruz
157 Yds (NYG)
13 	Dec 04 	GB 38 @ NYG 35 	Final		80,634 	Aaron Rodgers
369 Yds (GB) 	Brandon Jacobs
59 Yds (NYG) 	Victor Cruz
119 Yds (NYG)
14 	Dec 11 	NYG 37 @ DAL 34 	Final		95,952 	Eli Manning
400 Yds (NYG) 	Felix Jones
106 Yds (DAL) 	Hakeem Nicks
163 Yds (NYG)
15 	Dec 18 	WAS 23 @ NYG 10 	Final		78,861 	Eli Manning
257 Yds (NYG) 	Ahmad Bradshaw
58 Yds (NYG) 	Jabar Gaffney
85 Yds (WAS)
16 	Dec 24 	NYG 29 @ NYJ 14 	Final		79,088 	Mark Sanchez
258 Yds (NYJ) 	Shonn Greene
58 Yds (NYJ) 	Victor Cruz
164 Yds (NYG)
17 	Jan 01 	DAL 14 @ NYG 31 	Final		81,077 	Eli Manning
346 Yds (NYG) 	Ahmad Bradshaw
57 Yds (NYG) 	Victor Cruz
178 Yds (NYG)
I call that pretty pathetic..
lonestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 11:01 AM   #274
400HZ
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ed Hochuli

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
Thanks. Honestly If it weren't for Norv coming back, I'd probably be higher on the Chargers. Norv typically has early season swoons to teams they have no business losing against. Even on the Raiders that was how he rolled. You guys barely stole some early season success last season. Rivers won't be hurt this year, which will help. MAYBE Meachem will be able to be Vincent Jackson-esque, but trust me when I tell you Royal is nothing but a tease. He'll give you guys one big play in a game and then disappear for games at a time.
I'm really excited for Royal simply because he's a type of receiver that we haven't had in a long time. Having the big guys who can wrestle the ball away downfield is nice, but having a quicker guy who can get separation and YAC is going to be something new. I don't think he'll be a featured player or put up huge numbers, but oftentimes its the small things that are the difference between a W and L. And if (when) Floyd gets hurt, I think he can help shoulder the load for a few games.

Mecheam will probably be the guy with the numbers. For what Norval does on offense, he's a perfect fit. It's not a square peg/round hole/Dan Snyder type signing.
400HZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 11:09 AM   #275
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

Quote:

God you're stupid.
again, you've been hanged by your own argument. You are the biggest tard I've ever seen on the Omane and believe me, there's been many an idiot post on this site.

Again and again, once someone proves you completely wrong, you change the parameters.
Tombstone RJ is online now   Reply With Quote