The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 07-21-2012, 06:01 AM   #226
CEH
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCStud View Post
And how would the 2011 Broncos team do against this years schedule?
What is your point here? How would the 2011 KC Chiefs do against the 2012 Buffalo Bills? Last time I checked they played the Bills loaded and lost 41-7.

So based on your logic I can conclude they will lose again this year to them correct?

Again what is your effing point?
CEH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 06:07 AM   #227
CEH
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider9175 View Post
All I'm saying is I expect the Raiders offense to be top five in 2003. Eventually this will be the best offense in the game. Will that be 2004 or 2005.
Quote:
All I'm saying is I expect the Raiders offense to be top five in 2004. Eventually this will be the best offense in the game. Will that be 2005 or 2006.
Quote:
All I'm saying is I expect the Raiders offense to be top five in 2005. Eventually this will be the best offense in the game. Will that be 2006 or 2007.
Quote:
All I'm saying is I expect the Raiders offense to be top five in 2006. Eventually this will be the best offense in the game. Will that be 2007 or 2008.
Quote:
All I'm saying is I expect the Raiders offense to be top five in 2007. Eventually this will be the best offense in the game. Will that be 2008 or 2009.

Quote:
All I'm saying is I expect the Raiders offense to be top five in 2008. Eventually this will be the best offense in the game. Will that be 2009 or 2010.

Quote:
All I'm saying is I expect the Raiders offense to be top five in 2009. Eventually this will be the best offense in the game. Will that be 2010 or 2011.

Quote:
All I'm saying is I expect the Raiders offense to be top five in 2010. Eventually this will be the best offense in the game. Will that be 2011 or 2012.

Quote:
All I'm saying is I expect the Raiders offense to be top five in 2011. Eventually this will be the best offense in the game. Will that be 2012 or 2013.
Quote:
All I'm saying is I expect the Raiders offense to be top five in 2012. Eventually this will be the best offense in the game. Will that be 2013 or 2014.
Keep chokin that chickin
Old 07-21-2012, 07:30 AM   #228
DENVERDUI55

Quote:
According to this board, Manning + the 2011 Broncos are so great that it doesn't matter that they beat the heavyweights of the losing team status and are facing several talented teams that can beat the Broncos even with Manning.

The 2011 Broncos took advantage of a soft last place schedule and the fortune of good luck throughout the year aka no major injuries except Dawkins (you guys won the division wether Kuper was hurt or not in week 17).

The Chiefs lost their QB midseason, the Raiders lost their QB early and signed signed a QB on the fly who hasn't played in a long time and had a week to learn the playbook midseason, and Phillip Rivers was uncharacteristically bad last year for the first time since 2007.

I don't buy the Broncos roster as a whole. I don't think the Broncos were as good as their 8-8 record indicated. Defensive line (aside from Dumberville rushing the QB) is overrated and none are excellent run stuffers. And I don't buy the OL either. Clady was bad last year and Franklin is not a good pass protector at all. Broncos have the worst running game in the division with Tebow gone and you have no time to gain chemistry early.
All that and yet somehow Denver managed to make playoffs when it would of been easy to mail it in and suck for Luck. I personally think Elway tried that but the team pulled together.
Old 07-21-2012, 07:35 AM   #229
DENVERDUI55

Quote:
Who did the Broncos beat last year to get to the playoffs?

That's right. You beat losing teams with devastating injuries or just bad teams.

One of your eight wins came against a winning team and got your asses handed to you when you played elite teams.

This year you play very good teams all year (6 of first 8 games against playoff teams and a MNF game at SD), so the whole "we were 8-8 last year and we got Manning" doesn't help your case.
Who did the NYG beat to make playoffs? That's right using your logic and stat spitting arguments 1 team with winning record.
Old 07-21-2012, 08:08 AM   #230
Bacillus Anthracis

DP: see below

Last edited by Bacillus Anthracis; 07-21-2012 at 08:12 AM..
Old 07-21-2012, 08:11 AM   #231
Bacillus Anthracis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightysmurf View Post
You obviously completely missed the point. The Broncos were 8-8 without Manning. This is a fact. The Colts were 2-14 without Manning. Ergo, last year Denver > Indy. Denver + Manning = good.
Appeal to Probability: assuming that something is likely to happen means that it's certain to happen.

P1: No B* is m*
P2: No C* is m*
P3: All B* is m
Therefore: All B is W*

Being much more generous doesn't help your cause either:

P1: m is W
P2: C is not m*
p3: B is not m*
P4: B is m
Therefore: B* is W*

Either way, both are a f'ing mess and it took some thinking to try and put the best face on it.

In logic, syllogistic arguments have terms that are called distributed and undistributed. Each capital letter must be distributed just once and there can only be one distributed letter on the right hand side of the argument. The stars represent distributed letters.

Also, each letter (upper and lower case) must appear twice and only twice within the framework of such an argument. Notice that in the first argument you have three Bs and a single W. The significance of capital and small letters is that small letters represent specific individuals while upper case letters denote general terms.

For example, the statement, "Some bears live in Alaska" when written as a syllogistic premise is some B is a.

In regard to the arguments outlined above, the lower case m is Manning while the upper case letters are Broncos, Colts, and Winning.

Therefore, additional fallacies include the fallcies of exclusive premises, illicit major, and illicit minor.

I'm not sure you understand any fallacies very well and it's clear you haven't the foggiest idea of what the basic syllogistic rules for logic are.

There's a difference between hypocrisy, equivocation, and assertion and there are different fallacies that accompany each of those. I would suggest you actually learn some of these and be able to articulate them before using them in any kind of argument.

You're welcome.

Last edited by Bacillus Anthracis; 07-21-2012 at 08:17 AM..
Old 07-21-2012, 08:26 AM   #232
BHamita

Quote:

David Ausberry was the top high school recruit in the nation at Wr. He had some injuries at USC. The guy is a beast. A 6'4 265 Te with sub 4.5 speed . (watch what he does in this houston Texans type offense- very Te friendly scheme due to scheme alot of te are going to come free) R Gordon anothyer 6'4 265 with 4.63 is going to also going to have a big year.

I'm gonna go through a bunch of your "claims"...but I'll start here. On what site was Ausberry the "top high school recruit in the nation"? (Percy Harvin says hello.)

Rivals? Nope. (5th)
Scout? Nope. (6th)
ESPN? Nope. (6th)

Good try...Ausberry wasn't even USC's top WR in 2006.
Old 07-21-2012, 08:35 AM   #233
Bob's your Information Minister
Chiefs > Broncos

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CHRIS KUPER!!!

Am I seriously being questioned for introducing a little logical, fact-based debate into the thread?

Jesus ****ing Christ. The guy can't even get his facts right.

I'm not even arguing against his opine.

Just pointing out a mistake or two.

Jesus ****ing Tebow Christ.

You ****ers.
Bob's your Information Minister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 09:01 AM   #234
Xenos
Who got Bunny Ears?

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
The San Diego Chargers
Last Season: 8-8

Prediction 8-8: It is more likely that Rivers rebounds and plays better than that his poor performance last year was a sign of things to come. Their running game is suspect, and their receivers are new and watered down versions of what was their last year. Even so, Rivers can make it work and I think this will be a year he strings the rest of his team along. The poor special teams and average defense will make for things that even Rivers with good receivers won’t be able to overcome. The easier schedule on the front end means the Chargers might be able to avoid their chronically poor September, but I think on the back end they may have difficulty pulling the big wins out.
Yeah...no. This is incorrect. If the special teams had an abysmal season like 2010 then I can see that, but they were very much improved in 2011. The defense should be better with all the pickups we did in FA and the draft. Plus, you get addition by subtraction with the firing of Manusky.
Xenos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 10:40 AM   #235
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bacillus Anthracis View Post
Appeal to Probability: assuming that something is likely to happen means that it's certain to happen.

Either way, both are a f'ing mess and it took some thinking to try and put the best face on it.

In logic, syllogistic arguments have terms that are called distributed and undistributed. Each capital letter must be distributed just once and there can only be one distributed letter on the right hand side of the argument. The stars represent distributed letters.

Also, each letter (upper and lower case) must appear twice and only twice within the framework of such an argument. Notice that in the first argument you have three Bs and a single W. The significance of capital and small letters is that small letters represent specific individuals while upper case letters denote general terms.

For example, the statement, "Some bears live in Alaska" when written as a syllogistic premise is some B is a.

In regard to the arguments outlined above, the lower case m is Manning while the upper case letters are Broncos, Colts, and Winning.

Therefore, additional fallacies include the fallcies of exclusive premises, illicit major, and illicit minor.

I'm not sure you understand any fallacies very well and it's clear you haven't the foggiest idea of what the basic syllogistic rules for logic are.

There's a difference between hypocrisy, equivocation, and assertion and there are different fallacies that accompany each of those. I would suggest you actually learn some of these and be able to articulate them before using them in any kind of argument.

You're welcome.
get a life.
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 10:48 AM   #236
Kaylore
Anybody want a peanut?

Go Avs!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Wesley Duke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob's your Information Minister View Post
Am I seriously being questioned for introducing a little logical, fact-based debate into the thread?

Jesus ****ing Christ. The guy can't even get his facts right.

I'm not even arguing against his opine.

Just pointing out a mistake or two.

Jesus ****ing Tebow Christ.

You ****ers.
Awesome.

Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 11:18 AM   #237
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

I like how he keeps pimping this....

"Two Young explosive Te's both 6'4 265 one has sub 4.5 speed and the other 4.63. One more the reciever and the other the blocker".

Denver has TWO young TE's the exact same size and speed as Oaklands but, they are more talented then ours.

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings...2011&genpos=TE

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings...2011&genpos=TE
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 11:22 AM   #238
Kaylore
Anybody want a peanut?

Go Avs!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Wesley Duke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xenos View Post
Yeah...no. This is incorrect. If the special teams had an abysmal season like 2010 then I can see that, but they were very much improved in 2011. The defense should be better with all the pickups we did in FA and the draft. Plus, you get addition by subtraction with the firing of Manusky.
You might be improved but you still suck pretty bad.

You guys were tied for sixth in most punt return yards allowed and fourth worst in opponents punt return average.

You guys allowed the second most kickoff return yards in the league last year. You did finish 6th worst in kickoff return average, but when you realize there is only a yard of difference between you and second to worst place, it doesn't look so great anymore.

You were next to worst in punt return yards and sixth worst punting average.

You did climb up to eleventh in your own kick off return yards, and Nick Novak is clearly superior to Nate Kaeding.

So improved? Sure. Much improved? I suppose since 2010 was the worst special teams in the NFL in the last thirty years, then sure. I'll give you that. But just because it seems a lot better than it was, doesn't mean it isn't still bad. You still suck on special teams and that's going to hurt you. It's not epic legendary suck, but you suck.
Old 07-21-2012, 11:59 AM   #239
Swedish Extrovert
President of the Universe

Formerly known as mightysmurf

Adopt-a-Bronco:
David Bruton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ View Post
get a life.
I'm actually arguing for probability, and therefore everything he said, while correct, doesn't even matter.
Swedish Extrovert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 12:13 PM   #240
Bacillus Anthracis

Quote:
I'm actually arguing for probability, and therefore everything he said, while correct, doesn't even matter.
Throughout this thread you've used the term "logical fallacy" quite a few times. So it's not a stretch to gather that validity and soundness seem to matter to you very much, despite committing gross fallacies yourself in the very next sentence.

The use of logic doesn't belong in speculation about sports. That was the secondary point of my post. The use of terms a person doesn't understand but attempts to appear like they do in order to seem smarter than they really are was the primary.
Old 07-21-2012, 12:18 PM   #241
KCStud
Ring of Famer

AmeriStanzi!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by DENVERDUI55 View Post
Who did the NYG beat to make playoffs? That's right using your logic and stat spitting arguments 1 team with winning record.
Horrible argument. NYG have something surrounding their Manning that you don't have surrounding your Manning: legit talent.
KCStud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 12:22 PM   #242
KCStud
Ring of Famer

AmeriStanzi!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
How many of those teams had 8-8 records because we beat them? Not saying that Denver was a great team but we beat who we were supposed to and an 8-8 team is only a few breaks away from 12-4.
No. You weren't. You were a few lucky breaks away from being 5-11.
KCStud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 01:36 PM   #243
lonestar
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bacillus Anthracis View Post

You're welcome.

another nerd talking football..
lonestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 01:50 PM   #244
DENVERDUI55

Quote:
Horrible argument. NYG have something surrounding their Manning that you don't have surrounding your Manning: legit talent.
What is the difference between them beating one winning team and us? I'm just pointing out your stat arguing is flawed and can be skewed however you want it. NY is obviously better.
Old 07-21-2012, 01:52 PM   #245
DENVERDUI55

Quote:
No. You weren't. You were a few lucky breaks away from being 5-11.
We were I agree. Giants were an iced your own kicker from missing playoffs. Instead they win the Superbowl.

Last edited by DENVERDUI55; 07-21-2012 at 03:43 PM..
Old 07-21-2012, 02:03 PM   #246
Swedish Extrovert
President of the Universe

Formerly known as mightysmurf

Adopt-a-Bronco:
David Bruton

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonestar View Post
another nerd talking football..
Nothing wrong with nerdiness. I was just trying to talk some smack... And this new dude takes this stuff way too seriously.
Swedish Extrovert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 03:13 PM   #247
CEH
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Who did the Broncos beat last year to get to the playoffs?

That's right. You beat losing teams with devastating injuries or just bad teams.

[.
Who did the Denver Broncos beat in the 2011 playoffs. That's right the defending AFC Champion Pittsburgh Steelers

Not sure they qualify as a bad nor losing team.

Care to explain how Pittsburgh is a bad team?

Last edited by CEH; 07-21-2012 at 03:22 PM..
Old 07-21-2012, 03:43 PM   #248
DENVERDUI55

Quote:
Originally Posted by CEH View Post
Who did the Denver Broncos beat in the 2011 playoffs. That's right the defending AFC Champion Pittsburgh Steelers

Not sure they qualify as a bad nor losing team.

Care to explain how Pittsburgh is a bad team?
If he does it will be with stats.
Old 07-21-2012, 03:55 PM   #249
Kaylore
Anybody want a peanut?

Go Avs!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Wesley Duke

Quote:
If he does it will be with stats.
He'll say they were 9-7 two years ago. He's into saying what you were two seasons ago.
Old 07-21-2012, 04:17 PM   #250
lonestar
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker

Quote:
Nothing wrong with nerdiness. I was just trying to talk some smack... And this new dude takes this stuff way too seriously.
I guessed that from your responses..

The nerd should mix in a bit of football lingo.. atleast pretend to know something about the game..
lonestar is offline   Reply With Quote