The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 07-20-2012, 08:23 PM   #201
richpjr
Seasoned Veteran

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by DENVERDUI55 View Post
How many of those teams had 8-8 records because we beat them? Not saying that Denver was a great team but we beat who we were supposed to and an 8-8 team is only a few breaks away from 12-4.
By that logic, the team was only a few breaks away from being 4-12 too. In the end, you are what your record says you are.
richpjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 08:44 PM   #202
DENVERDUI55

Quote:
Originally Posted by richpjr View Post
By that logic, the team was only a few breaks away from being 4-12 too. In the end, you are what your record says you are.
That is true and very true for us last year.
Old 07-20-2012, 08:50 PM   #203
Raider9175
Seasoned Veteran

Quote:
You guys have pick 6 Palmer. He had one great year and that was it. Very overrated player and there was a reason the Raiders were the only team willing to pay waaaay to much for him.
Lets see Carson Palmer was 199 completions in 328 attempts for 61% completion percentage 8.4 average per completion. (that number going way up with healthy DMC)

Yes he did throw too many interceptions last season. Again not making an excuse but he did come off his couch cold week 7. (Not knowing the offense, The Players, and never had chance to play with DMC. You expect him to be a lot more comfortable in the offense.

Now the Raiders offense he playing in is a WCO(means a lot more safe passes to running backs and Tight ends . That in itself going to decrease his interception total a lot.

JMO There no way Carson Palmer if he stays healthy doesn't have his best season ever in the Pro's. There is just too much explosive weapons on offense. a Healthy DMc just just opens the deep passing game even more.
Raider9175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 09:05 PM   #204
driver
Pro Bowler

Second Oldest Bronco Fan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pot Roast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider9175 View Post

Quote:
JMO There no way Carson Palmer if he stays healthy doesn't have his best season ever in the Pro's. There is just too much explosive weapons on offense. a Healthy DMc just just opens the deep passing game even more.
You're asking for minor miracle with that one
. I don't believe he's ever played a 16 game season yet!
driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 09:08 PM   #205
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

The Raiders are so loaded with offensive talent they have no WRs with a 1000 seasons. They have 4 TE's with 29 career catches between them and a starting RB that has yet to play more then 13 NFL games in a 16 game season.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 09:19 PM   #206
DENVERDUI55

Quote:
Lets see Carson Palmer was 199 completions in 328 attempts for 61% completion percentage 8.4 average per completion. (that number going way up with healthy DMC)

Yes he did throw too many interceptions last season. Again not making an excuse but he did come off his couch cold week 7. (Not knowing the offense, The Players, and never had chance to play with DMC. You expect him to be a lot more comfortable in the offense.

Now the Raiders offense he playing in is a WCO(means a lot more safe passes to running backs and Tight ends . That in itself going to decrease his interception total a lot.

We will see. Kyle Orton put up numbers for us too but like Palmer's they were meaningless. I wasn't talking about just last year every year Palmer is near top of QB's in INT's thrown and leads in pick 6's.
Old 07-20-2012, 09:53 PM   #207
lonestar
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker

Quote:

Which also means his YPA will be way down instead of going for the gusto in each series..

come on admit it your raider HO..
lonestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 09:54 PM   #208
lonestar
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker

Quote:
Originally Posted by driver View Post
You're asking for minor miracle with that one
. I don't believe he's ever played a 16 game season yet!
Hell has he even played in 16 complete games yet?
Old 07-20-2012, 10:06 PM   #209
Raider9175
Seasoned Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBroncos4life View Post
The Raiders are so loaded with offensive talent they have no WRs with a 1000 seasons. They have 4 TE's with 29 career catches between them and a starting RB that has yet to play more then 13 NFL games in a 16 game season.
You do know where talking about some very young players. 24 year old DHB- very raw player who took some time to get up to NFL game, broke out last year would have easy had 1000 yards , if not for the Qb situation.

Jacoby Ford- Second year wr. Broke into lineup half way through his rookie season(8 games and last year he missed a lot of time with various leg injuries last year(lockout really hurt him as he a player that relies on his blazing speed) He plays 16 games he will put up 1000 easily.

Denarius Moore- a rookie last year and he put up some impressive numbers. The sky the limit how good he will be. Let see if he doesn't crack 1000 yards this year.

Juron Criner this year rookie will be another big time player. He brings something total different than the other wr's.

There is no age to the Rb's corps. DMC 24 taiwan Jones 23, and M goodson 24

Again Your talking about some very young TE david Ausberry, R gordon Brandon Myers

Come tell me after this year how many 1,000 yard receivers the raiders have. Also for a offense I rather have a lot of people catching the football than one or two players. The reason why it make it a lot harder for the defense to defend against that type of offense.

Lets look at the Raiders they have three explosive Rb's(DMC , M goodson and Taiwan Jones) That can score from anywhere whether its a pass or run. FB marcel reece - a unique weapon no other NFl team possess . .

Three of the fastest WR (DHB, J Ford and denarious moore) to go with a very good deep passer(C Palmer)

They added Juron Criner the type of Wr all WCO offense need. A big wr with great size, hands and a go to WR when you need a first down.

Two Young explosive Te's both 6'4 265 one has sub 4.5 speed and the other 4.63. One more the reciever and the other the blocker.

when you have that many weapons on offense and only one ball. Its going to be tough to put up big individual numbers but your talking about a top five offense.

So yes keep your stats (one wr getting over 1000yards), all I care about having a top five offense. Raiders offense when season over in 2012 expect their offense to be ranked higher than the Broncos.

Last edited by Raider9175; 07-20-2012 at 10:24 PM..
Old 07-20-2012, 10:08 PM   #210
Mogulseeker
Formerly mightysmurf

Eat greedy

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Lamin Barrow

Wait, so he's arguing that Palmer will check down to DMC more and that will increase his rating and his YPC?

How dumb is this guy?
Mogulseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 10:10 PM   #211
Mogulseeker
Formerly mightysmurf

Eat greedy

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Lamin Barrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCStud View Post
Who did the Broncos beat last year to get to the playoffs?

That's right. You beat losing teams with devastating injuries or just bad teams.

One of your eight wins came against a winning team and got your asses handed to you when you played elite teams.

This year you play very good teams all year (6 of first 8 games against playoff teams and a MNF game at SD), so the whole "we were 8-8 last year and we got Manning" doesn't help your case.
You obviously completely missed the point. The Broncos were 8-8 without Manning. This is a fact. The Colts were 2-14 without Manning. Ergo, last year Denver > Indy. Denver + Manning = good.

Oh, and this:

Mogulseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 10:23 PM   #212
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

I said Do It!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightysmurf View Post
Smart people can detect dialects...

I like how you take two isolated examples while ignoring your own shortcomings. Another logical fallacy, but I wouldn't expect you to understand that with a California education.
And one example was Boob, a Chiefs fan.
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 10:29 PM   #213
Raider9175
Seasoned Veteran

Quote:
Wait, so he's arguing that Palmer will check down to DMC more and that will increase his rating and his YPC?

How dumb is this guy?
I wouldn't be calling anyone names. You do know what the Raiders have at RB. Everyone of those guys can take a pass , and take it to the house from any where on the field. Here is their Fb doing just that. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=38R-aP_9PxI

NOw when DMC shredding your defense (like always) in the running game. Now does it make it harder or easier for Raider speed wr to get behind your secondary.

Last edited by Raider9175; 07-20-2012 at 10:43 PM..
Old 07-20-2012, 10:33 PM   #214
DENVERDUI55

Quote:
I wouldn't be calling anyone names. You do know what the Raiders have at RB. Everyone of those guys can take a pass , and take it to the house from any where on the field. Here is their Fb doing just that. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=38R-aP_9PxI
So you are just short of saying this years Raiders is just below the undefeated regular season Patriot Offense? I expect 4800 yds and 40 plus TD's from Palmer the way you talk.
Old 07-20-2012, 10:39 PM   #215
lonestar
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker

Quote:

How dumb is this guy?
Hey he is a raider fan enough said..
Old 07-20-2012, 10:40 PM   #216
Raider9175
Seasoned Veteran

Quote:
So you are just short of saying this years Raiders is just below the undefeated regular season Patriot Offense? I expect 4800 yds and 40 plus TD's from Palmer the way you talk.
All I'm saying is I expect the Raiders offense to be top five in 2012. Eventually this will be the best offense in the game. Will that be 2013 or 2014.

Yes I expect C Palmer to put up some big numbers in this offense next season(How much I can't say) Reason being IF Raiders have the number 1 rushing offense, than you can assume it has to have an effect on the passing game somewhat.

Those patriot teams didn't have a running game so it was all pass , all the time. (why C palmer numbers won't approach those numbers)

Last edited by Raider9175; 07-20-2012 at 10:50 PM..
Old 07-20-2012, 10:43 PM   #217
lonestar
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker

Quote:
All I'm saying is I expect the Raiders offense to be top five in 2012. Eventually this will be the best offense in the game. Will that be 2013 or 2014.

Yes I expect C Palmer to put up some big numbers in this offense next season(How much I can't say) Reason being IF Raiders have the number 1 rushing offense, than you ass-u-me it has to have an effect on the passing game somewhat.
yada yada yada

Old 07-20-2012, 10:50 PM   #218
KCStud
Ring of Famer

AmeriStanzi!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
You obviously completely missed the point. The Broncos were 8-8 without Manning. This is a fact. The Colts were 2-14 without Manning. Ergo, last year Denver > Indy. Denver + Manning = good.

Oh, and this:

And how would the 2011 Broncos team do against this years schedule?
KCStud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 10:52 PM   #219
Raider9175
Seasoned Veteran

a different question. Why do you think Peyton manning chose the Broncos. I think he found someone who was a bigger doofus than him.(John Elway)
Old 07-20-2012, 11:06 PM   #220
razorwire77
Tapenade Swagga

"Not too shabby."

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Bradley Roby

Quote:

Yes I expect C Palmer to put up some big numbers in this offense next season(How much I can't say) Reason being IF Raiders have the number 1 rushing offense, than you can assume it has to have an effect on the passing game somewhat.

Those patriot teams didn't have a running game so it was all pass , all the time. (why C palmer numbers won't approach those numbers)
razorwire77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 11:25 PM   #221
lonestar
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker

Quote:
Originally Posted by razorwire77 View Post
Old 07-20-2012, 11:56 PM   #222
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCStud View Post
And how would the 2011 Broncos team do against this years schedule?
When would the 2011 Broncos ever face the 2012 schedule?
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 12:06 AM   #223
boltaneer

ATTA BABY!

Carson Palmer.

It's not just the fans who see it but more importantly virtually every NFL analyst has said this: He physically cannot throw the ball like he used to before his elbow injury.

He's really only had two great years in the NFL and that was seemingly decades ago.

He was awesome to watch in his prime but sadly his best years are long gone. I think this is his last year as a starter.
boltaneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 12:29 AM   #224
KCStud
Ring of Famer

AmeriStanzi!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBroncos4life View Post
When would the 2011 Broncos ever face the 2012 schedule?
According to this board, Manning + the 2011 Broncos are so great that it doesn't matter that they beat the heavyweights of the losing team status and are facing several talented teams that can beat the Broncos even with Manning.

The 2011 Broncos took advantage of a soft last place schedule and the fortune of good luck throughout the year aka no major injuries except Dawkins (you guys won the division wether Kuper was hurt or not in week 17).

The Chiefs lost their QB midseason, the Raiders lost their QB early and signed signed a QB on the fly who hasn't played in a long time and had a week to learn the playbook midseason, and Phillip Rivers was uncharacteristically bad last year for the first time since 2007.

I don't buy the Broncos roster as a whole. I don't think the Broncos were as good as their 8-8 record indicated. Defensive line (aside from Dumberville rushing the QB) is overrated and none are excellent run stuffers. And I don't buy the OL either. Clady was bad last year and Franklin is not a good pass protector at all. Broncos have the worst running game in the division with Tebow gone and you have no time to gain chemistry early.

Last edited by KCStud; 07-21-2012 at 12:49 AM..
KCStud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 02:36 AM   #225
NorCalBronco7

Quote:
All I'm saying is I expect the Raiders offense to be top five in 2012. Eventually this will be the best offense in the game.