The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-19-2012, 04:38 PM   #126
ghwk
Ring of Famer
 
ghwk's Avatar
 
Survivor survivor!

Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 4,735

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton's C3-C5
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider9175 View Post
Wow you got me. Your football knowledge is so apparent. Can't you come up with a decent counter point. Surely there has to be one Bronco fan who can debate me.
This has to be the Raider version of ClamChowdah
ghwk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 04:39 PM   #127
Bacillus Anthracis
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCStud View Post
IAnd I really don't understand why people think Routt is the worst CB ever. He struggled with penalties and TD's covering #1 receivers. Carr covered #2 WR's. Of course he looked awesome. Big difference covering elite WR's to covering #2 guys. Now that Routt is back to covering #2 CB's (which he had great success in in 2010), I don't think it's going to be a monumental difference, especially with Berry playing right behind him.
The thing is, Routt wasn't kind of bad, he was the worst CB in the NFL in terms of TDs and penalties. That doesn't happen to great corners and it doesn't happen to good or even mediocre corners, no matter who they're playing against.

To be fair to Routt though, it may have been the system and the coaching. The only CB that managed to do well in the system since Chuck Woodson left is Asomugha, and both are/were Pro Bowl caliber. So at the best Routt suffered from bad coaching and at best he's nowhere near Pro Bowl level, therefore paying him anything more than a little bit over the vet minimum is too much.

Also, most defensive players that started with the Raiders and then leave to go to another team are out of the league within a couple of seasons because they've been ruined/Al made a bad draft pick. Again, Woodson and Asomugah are the exceptions; and it's been shown that Routt is nowhere near the caliber of either of those guys. He'll be mediocre at best for you guys.
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 04:39 PM   #128
KCStud
Ring of Famer
 
KCStud's Avatar
 
AmeriStanzi!

Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 5,811

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bacchus View Post
Really, ok The Colts have been one of the best most dominant teams in the NFL since Manning. The have a 2 SB appearances and one Championship. How has KC done during this time? How has Denver done during this period? There is no logic in this post. Manning hasd 2 SB appearnces, one championship a whole bunch of wins and division championships but being a KC fan is better why??

It is a team sport you realize that when Manning gets hurt and his Colts suddenly go from 10-6 to the worst team in the NFL. He is already surrounded by better talent in Denver than he was with the Colts in 2010. If Denver can keep improving this team there should be no reason why they cannot get another SB ring.

Now can you say the same thing with Matt Castle? I hate to break this to you but Castle is not leading any team to the SB. Put him on the Pats, Steelers, Ravens, Packers, Giants, Saints and those teams are not going to the SB. You cannot say the same thing if you put Peyton on those teams.
The Colts have been beaten by several teams because they were a better overall team. Look at the Jets and Chargers losses. Manning was the better QB, but the better team won. The better built team won almost every time Manning played the Pats. Manning barely has a winning record in the playoffs as we speak.

And how long do you have to get this said "talent" around Manning? He's running out of time and you guys got Ronnie Hillman, Jacob Tamme, Brandon Stokely (who didn't even play last year), and Tracy Porter. You did hardly anything to help him out.
San Francisco was easily the best choice for Manning. They're the most balanced football team in the league. There's tons of talent on both sides of the ball.
The Broncos are virtually the 2010 Colts. And that's not gonna beat the Patriots. It probably won't beat the Ravens or Texans either.
KCStud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 04:51 PM   #129
Bacillus Anthracis
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Sorry. Double-ish post.

Last edited by Bacillus Anthracis; 07-19-2012 at 05:36 PM..
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 04:51 PM   #130
Mogulseeker
Formerly mightysmurf
 
Mogulseeker's Avatar
 
Eat greedy

Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Boulder... Vail when it snoooows
Posts: 16,614

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Lamin Barrow
Default

DMC has about the same chance to get MVP as Knowshon.

The idiocy in this thread is entertaining.
Mogulseeker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 05:17 PM   #131
boltaneer
17
 
boltaneer's Avatar
 
ATTA BABY!

Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: America's Finest City
Posts: 4,408
Default

It's the time of year where fans get to puff their chests out.

Every team in this division has issues of all kinds. I agree with a couple of the posters in this thread that the division is up for grabs. Though I think the Raiders are in rebuild mode and need a big draft next year and get their salary cap back into shape to get back into contention.

Manning makes the Broncos the media darlings and I'm fine with that. I actually like how the media is slobbering all over Denver this year.
boltaneer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 06:00 PM   #132
KCStud
Ring of Famer
 
KCStud's Avatar
 
AmeriStanzi!

Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 5,811

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bacchus View Post
Really, ok The Colts have been one of the best most dominant teams in the NFL since Manning. The have a 2 SB appearances and one Championship. How has KC done during this time? How has Denver done during this period? There is no logic in this post. Manning hasd 2 SB appearnces, one championship a whole bunch of wins and division championships but being a KC fan is better why??

It is a team sport you realize that when Manning gets hurt and his Colts suddenly go from 10-6 to the worst team in the NFL. He is already surrounded by better talent in Denver than he was with the Colts in 2010. If Denver can keep improving this team there should be no reason why they cannot get another SB ring.

Now can you say the same thing with Matt Castle? I hate to break this to you but Castle is not leading any team to the SB. Put him on the Pats, Steelers, Ravens, Packers, Giants, Saints and those teams are not going to the SB. You cannot say the same thing if you put Peyton on those teams.
The Colts have been beaten by several teams because they were a better overall team. Look at the Jets and Chargers losses. Manning was the better QB, but the better team won. The better built team won almost every time Manning played the Pats. Manning barely has a winning record in the playoffs as we speak.

And how long do you have to get this said "talent" around Manning? He's running out of time and you guys got Ronnie Hillman, Jacob Tamme, Brandon Stokely (who didn't even play last year), and Tracy Porter. You did hardly anything to help him out.
San Francisco was easily the best choice for Manning. They're the most balanced football team in the league. There's tons of talent on both sides of the ball.
The Broncos are virtually the 2010 Colts. And that's not gonna beat the Patriots. It probably won't beat the Ravens or Texans either.
KCStud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 06:05 PM   #133
Raider9175
Seasoned Veteran
 

Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 333
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCStud View Post
The Colts have been beaten by several teams because they were a better overall team. Look at the Jets and Chargers losses. Manning was the better QB, but the better team won. The better built team won almost every time Manning played the Pats. Manning barely has a winning record in the playoffs as we speak.

And how long do you have to get this said "talent" around Manning? He's running out of time and you guys got Ronnie Hillman, Jacob Tamme, Brandon Stokely (who didn't even play last year), and Tracy Porter. You did hardly anything to help him out.
San Francisco was easily the best choice for Manning. They're the most balanced football team in the league. There's tons of talent on both sides of the ball.
The Broncos are virtually the 2010 Colts. And that's not gonna beat the Patriots. It probably won't beat the Ravens or Texans either.
Thank God the Chiefs didn't get Manning. That is where he could have had a big impact on the division. Not the Bronco's. He doesn't have enough around him to be successful.
Raider9175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 06:11 PM   #134
Raider9175
Seasoned Veteran
 

Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 333
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob's your Information Minister View Post
Also, KC runs the same ****ing zone blocking scheme the Texans did.

Winston was the 5th rated pass blocking RT last year.

God, you ignorant ****s.
Lets see all I know is Lamaar Houston Dominated him big time when raiders played the Texans. So lets see how much a big addition he is to the Chiefs oline- Jmo I don't think he fares as well in the Afc west.
Raider9175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 06:18 PM   #135
Bacchus
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCStud View Post
The Colts have been beaten by several teams because they were a better overall team. Look at the Jets and Chargers losses. Manning was the better QB, but the better team won. The better built team won almost every time Manning played the Pats. Manning barely has a winning record in the playoffs as we speak.

And how long do you have to get this said "talent" around Manning? He's running out of time and you guys got Ronnie Hillman, Jacob Tamme, Brandon Stokely (who didn't even play last year), and Tracy Porter. You did hardly anything to help him out.
San Francisco was easily the best choice for Manning. They're the most balanced football team in the league. There's tons of talent on both sides of the ball.
The Broncos are virtually the 2010 Colts. And that's not gonna beat the Patriots. It probably won't beat the Ravens or Texans either.
Ok, this I agree with you. Right now the Broncos I feel are better than the 2010 Colts but they are not as good as the Patriots and maybenot as good as the Texans or Ravens. I agree Denver is not there yet. So what is your point? When is KC going to be as good as those teams? Are you saying Denver should not have signed Manning because they weren't going to be the best team in the AFC this year?

All I know is that Denver has a young OL, young WR and behind McGahee they have young talent. This year Denver might be the 2010 Colts, Next year they might be the 2005 Colts and the 3rd year they might be the 2006 Colts.

Either way Denver is so much better off now than they were 6 months ago it is not even funny especia;lly if you are a Chief's fan.

As far as your SF referance I think that goes back to Manning and Harbaugh. There would have been a huge conflict there because Harbuagh is too hands on on the offense and I think that would have made Peyton uncomfortable. Of course I am only guessing on this.

You also forget KC wanted Manning badly but he would not even give them an interview. I'm sure you would be singing quite a different tune if he was on your team this year.
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 06:30 PM   #136
NorCalBronco7
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Broncos 10-6
Chargers 8-8
Chiefs 7-9
Raiders 6-10

The division starts with Peyton. Assuming hes healthy for 2012 season, hes hands down the best player at the most critical position in the divsion. Unless, the defense takes major steps backwards next season, the Broncos are clearly the team to beat. Thomas and Decker need to stay healthy, Thomas especially. McGahee is getting old, but he still has juice left in the tank. Tamme and Dressen compliment each other very well. The offensive line is young, but talented. Walton and Beadles have yet to prove themselves in pass protection, so there is a potential weakness there. On defense, the Broncos have the best edge rushers in the AFC West and Champ. DT, Saftey is still a lingering issue, and they will most likely be the Broncos biggest weakness next season. 10-6

The Chargers struggled protecting Rivers (injuries were the main reason) and didnt generate a good pass rush last season, but they still have a lot of talent on both sides. Matthews is emerging and the running game should be very good. They lost VJax, but landing Meachem and Royal could be enough to solidfy them as again a top 10 offense. Defensively, the Chargers need to get after the QB better, and they drafted Ingram to help out. They will most likely have a better defense than last year, should be a good team. 8-8

The Chiefs are a very talented team, except at Qb. That will be their biggest hurrdle to overcome next season, along with key players Berry, Charles, Moeaki staying healthy. Adding Winston was huge, and their running game should be top notch next season. Defensively, they can get after the Qb with Hali, and Houston emerged late last season. D Johnson is a stud, and Flowers in one of the better CBs in the NFL. The biggest question mark on that side of the ball is whether Poe can step in, or anyone else, and take over the NT role. Its an extremely difficult postion to grasp as a rookie, but god knows the guy has talent. The Chiefs will be very competitve next season, but ultimatley Cassel, and his lack of skills will hold the team back. On the other hand, they have enough talent and coaching to reach the playoffs as wildcard. 7-9

The Raiders have a talented offense and their very much still growing with WRs Heybay, Moore and Ford. DMCs health will always be the biggest issue for the entire team, and its come to a point where he cant be counted on for a full season. TEs are a big unceartainty as well. Barnes is a scub at RT, but they created competion through the draft, and the line has plenty of talent as it is. Palmer is a very good Qb, and if the young WRs can build off last season, they should do very well. Defensively, losing Wimbley is going to hurt because they is no longer consistent edge rusher on the team. But Seymore, Kelly and Houston are very, very good and they should generate a solid interior pressence. The LBs are the weakest unit on the team overall. Bartell and Spencer at CB are not intimadating, and both are possible stop-gaps. Branch and Huff make a good tandem at saftey. I do like Dennis Allen, but hes a young buck with a new team and doesnt have a bunch of talent to work with defensivley. The change in defensive philosophy/players will take time to come together. 6-10
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 07:22 PM   #137
KCStud
Ring of Famer
 
KCStud's Avatar
 
AmeriStanzi!

Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 5,811

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bacchus View Post
Ok, this I agree with you. Right now the Broncos I feel are better than the 2010 Colts but they are not as good as the Patriots and maybenot as good as the Texans or Ravens. I agree Denver is not there yet. So what is your point? When is KC going to be as good as those teams? Are you saying Denver should not have signed Manning because they weren't going to be the best team in the AFC this year?

All I know is that Denver has a young OL, young WR and behind McGahee they have young talent. This year Denver might be the 2010 Colts, Next year they might be the 2005 Colts and the 3rd year they might be the 2006 Colts.

Either way Denver is so much better off now than they were 6 months ago it is not even funny especia;lly if you are a Chief's fan.

As far as your SF referance I think that goes back to Manning and Harbaugh. There would have been a huge conflict there because Harbuagh is too hands on on the offense and I think that would have made Peyton uncomfortable. Of course I am only guessing on this.

You also forget KC wanted Manning badly but he would not even give them an interview. I'm sure you would be singing quite a different tune if he was on your team this year.
The point is that Manning chose where he would have control. I think he would have been just fine in San Francisco.
If KC had signed Manning, he would have had a much better shot simply because of the team surrounding him. KC would have offered him a better deal such as a top 10 defense and top 10 running game with a good receiving core and OT's.

I think you're forgetting that Denver was a 4-12 team going into last year.
KCStud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 07:25 PM   #138
KCStud
Ring of Famer
 
KCStud's Avatar
 
AmeriStanzi!

Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 5,811

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by boltaneer View Post
It's the time of year where fans get to puff their chests out.

Every team in this division has issues of all kinds. I agree with a couple of the posters in this thread that the division is up for grabs. Though I think the Raiders are in rebuild mode and need a big draft next year and get their salary cap back into shape to get back into contention.

Manning makes the Broncos the media darlings and I'm fine with that. I actually like how the media is slobbering all over Denver this year.
I think the Chargers window is closed. The OL you guys have is very weak. Losing Dielman is going to hurt really bad. Really reminds me of when KC lost Roaf and Shields.
Losing Jackson hurts too, as well as Gates never staying healthy.
I like the defense though. All in all you guys will be tough if Rivers plays like the Rivers of the 2 seasons ago.
KCStud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 07:25 PM   #139
Bacchus
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCStud View Post
The point is that Manning chose where he would have control. I think he would have been just fine in San Francisco.
If KC had signed Manning, he would have had a much better shot simply because of the team surrounding him. KC would have offered him a better deal such as a top 10 defense and top 10 running game with a good receiving core and OT's.

I think you're forgetting that Denver was a 4-12 team going into last year.
Ok, Manning might have had a better shot at winning a SB if he went to SF. or KC. That is your point? Who cares? Maybe he did not want to play for those organizations.
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 07:27 PM   #140
Houshyamama
I Make The Weather
 
Houshyamama's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: San Diego
Posts: 4,494

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Brock Osweiler
Default

The denial in this thread is ridiculous. The road to the AFC West crown goes through Denver. KCDud is going to end up VERY disappointed and I for one will bathe in his tears.
Houshyamama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 07:53 PM   #141
brncs_fan
How about some Tapenade!
 
brncs_fan's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: The Coaches Cradle...Eastern Illinois University
Posts: 5,390

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Manti Teo
Default

How have I not seen this thread until now?

Brilliant!
brncs_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 08:07 PM   #142
Kaylore
Because I am better
 
Kaylore's Avatar
 
Taysom Hill for Heisman!

Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Ceti Alpha V
Posts: 46,279

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Houshyamama View Post
The denial in this thread is ridiculous. The road to the AFC West crown goes through Denver. KCDud is going to end up VERY disappointed and I for one will bathe in his tears.
I love the comment "Denver was 4-12 going into last year." Didn't the Chiefs go from 4-12 to 10-6 in one year? I think adding Peyton Manning to an 8-8 team can do better.
Kaylore is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 08:13 PM   #143
Kaylore
Because I am better
 
Kaylore's Avatar
 
Taysom Hill for Heisman!

Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Ceti Alpha V
Posts: 46,279

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by brncs_fan View Post
How have I not seen this thread until now?

Brilliant!
All four teams fans have made comments, which has made this thread go fabulously.
Kaylore is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 08:33 PM   #144
KCStud
Ring of Famer
 
KCStud's Avatar
 
AmeriStanzi!

Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 5,811

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
I love the comment "Denver was 4-12 going into last year." Didn't the Chiefs go from 4-12 to 10-6 in one year? I think adding Peyton Manning to an 8-8 team can do better.
The amount of fail coming from you in this thread is fantastic.

Btw KC went 4-12 3 years ago numbnutz
KCStud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 08:41 PM   #145
CEH
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 3,976
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCStud View Post
The amount of fail coming from you in this thread is fantastic.

Btw KC went 4-12 3 years ago numbnutz
Please stop posting. He is correct KC went from 4-12 to 10-6 in one year
CEH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 08:43 PM   #146
KCStud
Ring of Famer
 
KCStud's Avatar
 
AmeriStanzi!

Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 5,811

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CEH View Post
Please stop posting. He is correct KC went from 4-12 to 10-6 in one year
And then won 7 games with devastating injuries, meaning the core of the team is stronger than Denver's...
KCStud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 09:08 PM   #147
lonestar
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: West Texas
Posts: 6,203

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
I disagree on Romeo. I think the players will play hard for him since he isn't Todd Haley at first, but when the Crenelling sets in, they will come up short. Romeo is a coordinator.

I do agree that the Chargers have really fallen off. AJ Smith hit on some really good picks a few years ago in Brees, LT, Merriman and Sproles. I don't give him credit for Rivers since he was the boobie prize. All of those guys are gone except Rivers. Meachem and Royal? Please.
I know that he had a problem in his last HC job, thinking like mikey he would have learned from that..

But there is little doubt that their D will be the best in the division.. BAsed on talent and his ability to think D..

Whether the Offense gets it together now that is another story.. But the tools are there, perhaps not a great QB, but we all know that a great D can keep you in alot of games and win a few for you.. hell maybe enven get you and Ring alla BAL and CHI, with less than great QB's..

As for SAN I'll bet that Eddie has great games against us.. something about having a woodie for another team and having some talent to make things happen..
lonestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 09:56 PM   #148
SouthStndJunkie
Ring of Famer
 
SouthStndJunkie's Avatar
 
Shannon Says: Listen to The Junkman

Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 16,236
Default

If Sand Cassel doesn't show progress this season for Kansas City, I'd start Ricky Stanzi for the last half of the season to get a look at him.

This is Sand Cassel's 4th season in Kansas City....time to produce or take a seat and let someone else have their opportunity.
SouthStndJunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 05:24 AM   #149
CEH
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 3,976
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCStud View Post
And then won 7 games with devastating injuries, meaning the core of the team is stronger than Denver's...
Quit changing the subject. Calling him numbnuts for a valid comment is what I'm talking about asshat. God you are a moron..

Most of the time I don't care what you say but this time you are flat out wrong. You're reading compehension must be at a 3rd grade level. You should have that checked out.
CEH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 06:12 AM   #150
phibacka31
Ring of Famer
 
phibacka31's Avatar
 
Leggo

Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Grapevine, TX
Posts: 1,389

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Lamin Barrow
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCStud View Post
The point is that Manning chose where he would have control. I think he would have been just fine in San Francisco.
If KC had signed Manning, he would have had a much better shot simply because of the team surrounding him. KC would have offered him a better deal such as a top 10 defense and top 10 running game with a good receiving core and OT's.

I think you're forgetting that Denver was a 4-12 team going into last year.
Just stop... your receiving core is not great dude... not saying the broncos is but come on... add to that the broncos almost always have a top tier running game so that point is mute. Tony moecki while talented gets banged up a lot. Your defense has a solid foundation but it is not superb. O and your oline did so well keeping cassell up right when von came to town...
phibacka31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:15 PM.


Denver Broncos