The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 07-19-2012, 02:59 PM   #101
Flex Gunmetal
Icy Fresh

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Francis Daytona

This is hilarious.
Flex Gunmetal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 03:09 PM   #102
Jetmeck
Not a Chief's board

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCStud View Post
There are more adjustments to the schedule than Gaylore realizes, like playing good teams at home while other division rivals play those good teams on the road.
That all you got or would you like to tell us all how you have improved so much ?
Jetmeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 03:16 PM   #103
Bob's your Information Minister
Chiefs > Broncos

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CHRIS KUPER!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
I'm not a big Winston Fan. I think he could play some guard, and he may start at tackle
Yeah, he was only one of the best RTs in football last year.

He's NEVER played guard, you moron.
Bob's your Information Minister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 03:17 PM   #104
underrated29
10-6 baby.

Cutler doesnt suck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider9175 View Post
The Broncos oline is utter garbage. Even Clady who looked like he was going to be a star. Hasn't looked that good recently. You have the worst oline in the Afc West.
I know Peyton manning has a way to make average lines look decent, but he's going to have his work cut out with that oline. Ive seen more talent on my towns high school football team oline, than the Broncos.

Btw spin ity any way you like 42 sacks when you threw it 429 times speaks for itself. (yea go ahead and try and throw it more).

Lets do the math P manning get hits that many times 42, and you might as well start warming up hanie now.
cutler>orton>tebow- we can all agree as a passing QB...

why dont you go have a look at the OL sack numbers with each QB. I will wait.
underrated29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 03:19 PM   #105
Chiefs > Broncos

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CHRIS KUPER!!!

Also, KC runs the same ****ing zone blocking scheme the Texans did.

Winston was the 5th rated pass blocking RT last year.

God, you ignorant ****s.
Old 07-19-2012, 03:19 PM   #106
underrated29
10-6 baby.

Cutler doesnt suck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
1. Stats speak for themselve . http://www.nfl.com/stats/headtohead?...as&playerFour= That two of three Raiders top wr had better stats than Thomas. Jacoby Ford is way more talented than him too but just missed alot of time in 2011 due to injury.

2 See Decker did he put up numbers better than ewven the rookie D moore. Nope

3. Raiders offense I expect to be in the top five. They have one of the most explosive offenses in the game. Eventually this offense will be number 1. See how many 25 and younger on the whole offense.

4. You do realize Raiders lost their starting QB early in season and they traded for a Qb that literally came off the couch after week 7. That without knowing the offense, The players on it and numerous injuries to that wr corp. Not to meention their Rb that was having a MVP type season. So get a clue.
I just did Broncos and raiders
6 where talking offense . So your point is what again.

7 . Again defense but Raiders safeties are better than BHroncos and it not even close. Tyvon Branch- Profootball focus labeled the best cover safety in the game and M Huff was forced to play more cb than safety in 2011 as Raiders had alot of injuries at Cb.

8 again defense- Yes Bronco have better pass rushers. Now do you have a better pass rush.(more players getting to the Qb) I say Raiders have more scaks than Bronco in 2012.

9. Again tough to say. Raiders and Broncos are going to ask two different things from their Cb's. Bronco have the big name player Champ bailey but evenb 40 years old start to slip at some point.

10 Raiders defense was atrocious last year why they made the coaching change. That was last year

11. Hey genius why didn't you put that after question five that explanation. Not going back

oh my..you didnt just....yeah you did..

I thought req was just being funny about you and drugs. I didnt know he was serious.
underrated29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 03:19 PM   #107
Flex Gunmetal
Icy Fresh

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Francis Daytona

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob's your Information Minister View Post
Also, KC runs the same ****ing zone blocking scheme the Texans did.

Winston was the 5th rated pass blocking RT last year.

God, you ignorant ****s.
calm down fat boy.
Flex Gunmetal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 03:22 PM   #108
Chiefs > Broncos

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CHRIS KUPER!!!

FYI, if you want reasons why we picked 2 OL:

1. Albert is in a contract year and we may not resign him.

2. Ryan Lilja is old as **** and we needed a young LG prospect.

3. We had zero depth at OT.

Next time, try doing a little research.

Old 07-19-2012, 03:33 PM   #109
boltaneer

ATTA BABY!

I gotta agree with Bobo for once. And I feel so dirty for saying that.

It seems like there wasn't a whole lot of thought put into that article.
boltaneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 03:34 PM   #110
Chiefs > Broncos

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CHRIS KUPER!!!

He couldn't even spell Steve Breaston's name right.
Old 07-19-2012, 03:39 PM   #111
KCStud
Ring of Famer

AmeriStanzi!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by underrated29 View Post
The OL problems were not hidden when we switched to tebow, they were exemplified. We gave up far fewer sacks with orton than tebow, and EVERY bronco fan knows that orton took phantom sacks all the time. Making our OL numbers worse than they were. Our OL is solid aside from beadles and JD- one of both will be replaced this season.

You are right about the way to beat manning, and those two things happen to be KCs specialty right now. It will be a great game against our two teams.

I agree again, that KC has by far the best defense in the division. But, while you do get a great player in berry back you Lost an amazing player in Carr, and replaced him with routte who is terrible. That is a big downgrade. Still your D will be up there with the elite. Its that good.

You also drafted Devon Wylie who could be a great player if he had a QB...And that is where the problem lies as we all know. Cassel. The bigger problem for cassell now is he sucks when under pressure, before he used to be ok with it. Now once the heat is on he folds. Not good at all considering our pass rush and possible bolts pass rush with ingram.

The division will be close but imo we will have had a 2-3 game lead by the end of the race to make it inconsequential.
I think they were hidden far more than Bronco fans realize, simply because they ran the ball far more. I think Orlando Franklin is not a good pass blocking RT. Clady hasn't been the same since his injury and Walton is average at best. I like Kuper though. He's a great player.

And I really don't understand why people think Routt is the worst CB ever. He struggled with penalties and TD's covering #1 receivers. Carr covered #2 WR's. Of course he looked awesome. Big difference covering elite WR's to covering #2 guys. Now that Routt is back to covering #2 CB's (which he had great success in in 2010), I don't think it's going to be a monumental difference, especially with Berry playing right behind him.

I disagree with that Denver will win the division by 3 games. I think it will be closer. 1 or 2 games kinda close.
I think there's a good chance Denver could be 4-4 at the midpoint just because of the adjustments and tough schedule.
The first 8 teams are a combined 85-45 from last year and only one of those teams (Raiders) looks like they will take a big step back from last season.

The fact that a lot of Bronco fans are saying one player is the breaking point is silly. This is a team sport. Don't believe me? Look at how the Colts have fared in the playoffs in their history with Manning. You would think with him alone they'd have 3 or 4 SB's, but their team as a whole wasn't strong enough until 2006.
KCStud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 03:58 PM   #112
E_Rox

Quote:
Originally Posted by underrated29 View Post

Now, raiders guy- ask yourself these few questions:

5.- How long have you had an extra 21st chromosome?
The shot of the whole thread and goes completely unnoticed?

Sly, very sly.
Old 07-19-2012, 03:59 PM   #113
Kaylore
Anybody want a peanut?

Go Avs!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Wesley Duke

Quote:
FYI, if you want reasons why we picked 2 OL:

1. Albert is in a contract year and we may not resign him.

2. Ryan Lilja is old as **** and we needed a young LG prospect.

3. We had zero depth at OT.

Next time, try doing a little research.

Bob, you don't draft two tackles in the second and third rounds as projects. Offensive line projects are no higher than fourth round selections. Period. Maybe it is all part of your grand vizier's master plan to have a lot of depth, but I don't believe Pioli is a guy who drafts for development early.
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 04:03 PM   #114
Kaylore
Anybody want a peanut?

Go Avs!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Wesley Duke

Quote:
He couldn't even spell Steve Breaston's name right.
And somehow we found a way to understand...incredible...
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 04:04 PM   #115
Bacchus

Quote:
The fact that a lot of Bronco fans are saying one player is the breaking point is silly. This is a team sport. Don't believe me? Look at how the Colts have fared in the playoffs in their history with Manning. You would think with him alone they'd have 3 or 4 SB's, but their team as a whole wasn't strong enough until 2006.
Really, ok The Colts have been one of the best most dominant teams in the NFL since Manning. The have a 2 SB appearances and one Championship. How has KC done during this time? How has Denver done during this period? There is no logic in this post. Manning hasd 2 SB appearnces, one championship a whole bunch of wins and division championships but being a KC fan is better why??

It is a team sport you realize that when Manning gets hurt and his Colts suddenly go from 10-6 to the worst team in the NFL. He is already surrounded by better talent in Denver than he was with the Colts in 2010. If Denver can keep improving this team there should be no reason why they cannot get another SB ring.

Now can you say the same thing with Matt Castle? I hate to break this to you but Castle is not leading any team to the SB. Put him on the Pats, Steelers, Ravens, Packers, Giants, Saints and those teams are not going to the SB. You cannot say the same thing if you put Peyton on those teams.

Last edited by Bacchus; 07-19-2012 at 04:09 PM..
Old 07-19-2012, 04:06 PM   #116
vancejohnson82
Shabby

Adopt-a-Bronco:
All 8 Points

ALso, to the genius above that said "it didn't take into account the schedule like playing good teams at home instead of on the road"

I would rather play the bad teams at home and the good teams on the road in the regular season...gotta make sure you grab those home wins
vancejohnson82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 04:11 PM   #117
NFLBRONCO
Ring of Famer

Go Nuggets Go Lakers

I think the division is up for grabs honestly. I think Denver's front 7 is suspect and needs more help. I think Denver is the fav but, our depth is weak we'll need to stay pretty healthy.
NFLBRONCO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 04:14 PM   #118
Bacchus

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFLBRONCO View Post
I think the division is up for grabs honestly. I think Denver's front 7 is suspect and needs more help. I think Denver is the fav but, our depth is weak we'll need to stay pretty healthy.
I actually thing Denver's DL will be ok this year. I think they have solid depth and playmakers on the ends in passing situations. Denver's LBers to me is the biggest worry on the team. More than the secondary, DL or OL.
Old 07-19-2012, 04:18 PM   #119
Swedish Extrovert
President of the Universe

Formerly known as mightysmurf

Adopt-a-Bronco:
David Bruton

Quote:
Stick to your own team, Gaylore.
I'm sure that Chris is supremely hurt considering this comment is coming from a Broncos fan with 3,000 posts on a Broncos forum.

Oh wait.
Swedish Extrovert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 04:19 PM   #120
Swedish Extrovert

Adopt-a-Bronco:
David Bruton

Also, BroncoRob should take not of what Kaylor did here. It's called original contribution rather than cutting and pasting. Nice work dude.
Old 07-19-2012, 04:20 PM   #121
Chiefs > Broncos

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CHRIS KUPER!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
Bob, you don't draft two tackles in the second and third rounds as projects. Offensive line projects are no higher than fourth round selections. Period. Maybe it is all part of your grand vizier's master plan to have a lot of depth, but I don't believe Pioli is a guy who drafts for development early.
Pioli's kind of an idiot, so factor that in.

Neither of those guys are going to start this year, barring an injury.

We didn't pay a top RT big money to be replaced by a rookie, and Albert was a top 10 LT last season.

And without those guys we would have zero depth.

Use some logic sometime.
Old 07-19-2012, 04:22 PM   #122
Houshyamama
I Make The Weather

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Brock Osweiler

Quote:
The raiders are walking away with the division and would have done so last year if they were healthy last season. With a healthy DMC and C Palmer their isn't a team in the AFc West stopping them. ( what has DMc averaged against the Broncos )

The Raiders without a doubt have the best offense in the division(should be a top five offense) . They have so many explosive weapons on offense. Three Rbs that can score from anywhere whether it a pass or run( DMC, M Goodson and taiwan jones) , the best Wr corp(not single wr but as group) D Moore, Jacoby Ford , DHB and Now Juron Criner blows away what anyone else has in the division. a Fb Marcel reece no one in divison can match. Eeven at Te ( this TE friendly offense) Ausberry 6'4 265 sub 4.5 and D gordon 6'4 265 4.63 are freak athletes. The Raiders at worst have the second best oline and case could be made that it might be the best.

Now defense. Raiders Dline is the best in the division . They have a big advanatge against any team in the division Offense line. (Raiders will know where P Manning is and let bsee if that oline can protect him) How many sacksa did Broncos give up being a predominantly a running team. (now they are going to put more on that Oline)

Raiders always had talent on defense. They had bad schemes. That's not the case anymore. Raiders have a defensive coach now as head coach. With the firepower they have on offense, they just need an average defense next yaer. Easy can get to that level next season. Raiders get higher this team capable as going as far as anyone in Afc.

Raiders have the best kicking game in the division.

The media can hype the Bronco's(this year eagles) or the Chargers(yesterday news) but when its all said and done the AFc west is a two team face between the Raiders and Chiefs.

NO Dj williams first six games and NO Dumberville(probably facing a suspension) and this Bronco team is so overrated.
Wow. The level of delusion in the post is off the charts.
Houshyamama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 04:25 PM   #123
Prodigal19
Seasoned Veteran

Quote:
1. Stats speak for themselve . http://www.nfl.com/stats/headtohead?...as&playerFour= That two of three Raiders top wr had better stats than Thomas. Jacoby Ford is way more talented than him too but just missed alot of time in 2011 due to injury.

2 See Decker did he put up numbers better than ewven the rookie D moore. Nope

3. Raiders offense I expect to be in the top five. They have one of the most explosive offenses in the game. Eventually this offense will be number 1. See how many 25 and younger on the whole offense.

4. You do realize Raiders lost their starting QB early in season and they traded for a Qb that literally came off the couch after week 7. That without knowing the offense, The players on it and numerous injuries to that wr corp. Not to meention their Rb that was having a MVP type season. So get a clue.
I just did Broncos and raiders
6 where talking offense . So your point is what again.

7 . Again defense but Raiders safeties are better than BHroncos and it not even close. Tyvon Branch- Profootball focus labeled the best cover safety in the game and M Huff was forced to play more cb than safety in 2011 as Raiders had alot of injuries at Cb.

8 again defense- Yes Bronco have better pass rushers. Now do you have a better pass rush.(more players getting to the Qb) I say Raiders have more scaks than Bronco in 2012.

9. Again tough to say. Raiders and Broncos are going to ask two different things from their Cb's. Bronco have the big name player Champ bailey but evenb 40 years old start to slip at some point.

10 Raiders defense was atrocious last year why they made the coaching change. That was last year

11. Hey genius why didn't you put that after question five that explanation. Not going back
Please teach me to type like you do. Do I just buy a pair of dark tinted homer glasses and then bang my fists against the keyboard?
Prodigal19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 04:33 PM   #124
Swedish Extrovert

Adopt-a-Bronco:
David Bruton

Quote:
The raiders are walking away with the division and would have done so last year if they were healthy last season. With a healthy DMC and C Palmer their isn't a team in the AFc West stopping them. ( what has DMc averaged against the Broncos )

The Raiders without a doubt have the best offense in the division(should be a top five offense) . They have so many explosive weapons on offense. Three Rbs that can score from anywhere whether it a pass or run( DMC, M Goodson and taiwan jones) , the best Wr corp(not single wr but as group) D Moore, Jacoby Ford , DHB and Now Juron Criner blows away what anyone else has in the division. a Fb Marcel reece no one in divison can match. Eeven at Te ( this TE friendly offense) Ausberry 6'4 265 sub 4.5 and D gordon 6'4 265 4.63 are freak athletes. The Raiders at worst have the second best oline and case could be made that it might be the best.

Now defense. Raiders Dline is the best in the division . They have a big advanatge against any team in the division Offense line. (Raiders will know where P Manning is and let bsee if that oline can protect him) How many sacksa did Broncos give up being a predominantly a running team. (now they are going to put more on that Oline)

Raiders always had talent on defense. They had bad schemes. That's not the case anymore. Raiders have a defensive coach now as head coach. With the firepower they have on offense, they just need an average defense next yaer. Easy can get to that level next season. Raiders get higher this team capable as going as far as anyone in Afc.

Raiders have the best kicking game in the division.

The media can hype the Bronco's(this year eagles) or the Chargers(yesterday news) but when its all said and done the AFc west is a two team face between the Raiders and Chiefs.

NO Dj williams first six games and NO Dumberville(probably facing a suspension) and this Bronco team is so overrated.
I love Raiders fans. It's like the word reason isn't in their vocabulary. That said, reading posts by Raiders fans makes me hate teachers unions even more... Anybody who reasons like in this post probably had teachers that didn't care about their education growing up. Raider9175 is a victim, really. A victim of a ****ty education system.

1. The Raiders are the most athletic team in the AFC west... They also have a low football IQ. Jamarcus Russell was a freak athlete. How did that turn out?

2. How do you figure best offense in the division without a consistent QB, no real #1 target and an injury prone RB who is expected to get MORE carries this year?

3. The Raiders dline is third at best behind Denver and KC. There really is no debate here... I'm not going to dignify a retarded statement with a response.

4. Best kicking game in the division? Did you watch any other teams other than the Raiders last year?

Also - new coach with no offensive experience, no high draft picks to work with. Loss of several key pieces... I think 5-11 is being generous with the schedule you have.
Old 07-19-2012, 04:36 PM   #125
Swedish Extrovert

Adopt-a-Bronco:
David Bruton

I mean to root for a consistently bad team like the Raiders and show that level of delusion year in and year out... I'm not saying all Raiders fans have mental issues, but there is certainly something going on when delusions of grandeur are so pronounced for so long.