The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: What will the Broncos record be in 2012?
12-4 8 13.79%
11-5 18 31.03%
10-6 24 41.38%
9-7 8 13.79%
Voters: 58. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-19-2012, 08:53 AM   #1
Bronco Rob
Ring of Famer

The Alpha & The Omega

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Kush & Irsay
Default CBS Sports: Pick The Denver Broncos To Finish 11-5

Manning likes 12 personnel (1RB, 2TE, 2WR) and a no-huddle attack. His former teammate Jacob Tamme told me he takes on the Dallas Clark role which he did for the Colts when Clark got hurt. Joel Dreessen, former Titan and jack-of-all-trades gives the Broncos the flexibility to build a spread set or a two-back set or any other formation in their attack package.

Don’t think the Broncos will ignore the run game. As Bill Cowher said to me, “Peyton likes the stretch zone run game to set up his play-action pass and he sees so much two high safety coverages he has to take the run.”

People tell me it was the Broncos' defense that carried the team in 2011, but all I know is that it ranked 20th overall and hemorrhaged 40 or more points in three of its last five games, including the playoffs. Defensive coordinator Dennis Allen is gone, replaced by Jack Del Rio, who reunites with coach John Fox for the first time since the two were together in Carolina, and his job will be to shore up a secondary that was burned too often down the stretch.

Hiring Tracy Porter to replace cornerback Andre Goodman is an upgrade, but the Broncos will miss the leadership and play of safety Brian Dawkins. Either Mike Adams or Rahim Moore replaces him, and, yes, that could be a concern. But when you have Elvis Dumervil and Defensive Rookie of the Year Von Miller coming off the edge, your pass defense starts with your pass rush -- and Denver's is effective. I'm a little concerned how the Broncos replace Brodrick Bunkley inside, but maybe, just maybe, Ty Warren or second-round draft pick Derek Wolfe is the answer. Warren sat out all last season after he was hurt.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/story/1...denver-broncos
Bronco Rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-19-2012, 08:57 AM   #2
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

16-0.
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 09:24 AM   #3
vancejohnson82
Shabby

Adopt-a-Bronco:
All 8 Points

18-0-1
vancejohnson82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 09:28 AM   #4
Garcia Bronco
Hokie since 1993

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tom Jackson

9-7
Garcia Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 09:35 AM   #5
ColoradoDarin
Not Too Shabby Poster

Adopt-a-Bronco:
T J Ward

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem View Post
16-0.
This!
ColoradoDarin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 09:54 AM   #6
DivineLegion
******ship Sta at the Top

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Nate Irving

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem View Post
16-0.
I always suspected you, your Woody Page!
DivineLegion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 10:05 AM   #7
oubronco
John Foneco !!

Mile High Magic

19-0
oubronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 10:48 AM   #8
Crushaholic
Armchair Poster

Get off my lawn, you kids!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Isaiah Burse

Quote:
Originally Posted by oubronco View Post
19-0
^ This

We wouldn't want to be the Patriots, and flame out...
Crushaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 12:18 PM   #9
ppablo

10-6 AFC West Champs and deep into the playoffs
Old 07-19-2012, 12:38 PM   #10
Archie
R Gang

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Keith Bishop

12-4...15-4
Archie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 12:44 PM   #11
Jay3

9-7
Old 07-19-2012, 01:02 PM   #12
Taco John
24/7 Broncos

All Hail King Midas

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning

11-5
Taco John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 01:26 PM   #13
Bacchus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronco Rob View Post
Manning likes 12 personnel (1RB, 2TE, 2WR) and a no-huddle attack. His former teammate Jacob Tamme told me he takes on the Dallas Clark role which he did for the Colts when Clark got hurt. Joel Dreessen, former Titan and jack-of-all-trades gives the Broncos the flexibility to build a spread set or a two-back set or any other formation in their attack package.

Don’t think the Broncos will ignore the run game. As Bill Cowher said to me, “Peyton likes the stretch zone run game to set up his play-action pass and he sees so much two high safety coverages he has to take the run.”

People tell me it was the Broncos' defense that carried the team in 2011, but all I know is that it ranked 20th overall and hemorrhaged 40 or more points in three of its last five games, including the playoffs. Defensive coordinator Dennis Allen is gone, replaced by Jack Del Rio, who reunites with coach John Fox for the first time since the two were together in Carolina, and his job will be to shore up a secondary that was burned too often down the stretch.

Hiring Tracy Porter to replace cornerback Andre Goodman is an upgrade, but the Broncos will miss the leadership and play of safety Brian Dawkins. Either Mike Adams or Rahim Moore replaces him, and, yes, that could be a concern. But when you have Elvis Dumervil and Defensive Rookie of the Year Von Miller coming off the edge, your pass defense starts with your pass rush -- and Denver's is effective. I'm a little concerned how the Broncos replace Brodrick Bunkley inside, but maybe, just maybe, Ty Warren or second-round draft pick Derek Wolfe is the answer. Warren sat out all last season after he was hurt.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/story/1...denver-broncos
That is a very good write up. I predicted Denver would go 9-7 and win the division with a tie breaker with S.D. I see no reason to change that. If Denver goes 11-5 I think John Fox should be coach of the year with this schedule. It's going to be a fun year.
Old 07-19-2012, 09:55 PM   #14
Bronco Rob
Ring of Famer

The Alpha & The Omega

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Kush & Irsay

12-4 - 3
11-5 - 8
10-6 - 9
9-7 - 5

Bronco Rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 09:58 PM   #15
OBF1
Ring of Famer

No avatar is the new avatar

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None are worthy

10-6 is my guess, hard to say before camp even begins.
OBF1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 10:10 PM   #16
lonestar
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker

Personally Id o not think we will even win the 9 games.. Way to much "new" happening this year..

and the schedule is brutal.. This team probably will not click until mid-season and by then it may be all over..

The 8-8 last year was against last place teams in their division.. This year we play the first place teams in the other divisions..

Huge difference.. folks..

Until I see Manning hitting on all cylinders with all the other guys on O on the same page.. and the D stepping it up BIG time, it looks like a 7-9 season to me.. If that..
lonestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 10:28 PM   #17
razorwire77
Tapenade Swagga

"Not too shabby."

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Bradley Roby

10-6.
razorwire77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 10:47 PM   #18
DENVERDUI55

I love the last/first place schedule bs argument. Last year we got cinncinatti a playoff team and Tennessee. KC got indy free win and Pittsburgh I believe. Rest of the games were the same.
Old 07-19-2012, 11:11 PM   #19
Stuck in Cali

For the schedule to truly be a factor, the other teams have to be as good as they were last year. So taking the strength of schedule factor out of it, and just going off the improvements we have made. I think 10-6 minimum.
Old 07-19-2012, 11:18 PM   #20
ZONA
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

Peyton's will to win alone will keep this team above .500

I'll say 11-5 is about right, give or take a game.
ZONA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 11:32 PM   #21
lonestar
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker

Quote:
Originally Posted by DENVERDUI55 View Post
I love the last/first place schedule bs argument. Last year we got cinncinatti a playoff team and Tennessee. KC got indy free win and Pittsburgh I believe. Rest of the games were the same.
SO you'd rather play the first teams every year opposed to the last place teams?

Do you think that we got everyone's A game last year or that some of those teams looked past us because we had a joke for a QB..

Note we won some of those games BUT when the league figured out how to beat Tebow we lost the last games of the year..

Sorry but if you are a good team other teams get up to play you.. When you are bad team many are going through the motions and looking at their division game the next week or are coming off a big win..

Say what you will but our team over the past decade have lost loads of "trap games" that we should have beat the socks off of them but we were not mentally tough and ready to play them..

I believe sincerely that this coming schedule is infinitely tougher than the one we played last year..

and folks EVERYONE is going to get up to play Manning..EVERYONE..

The Steelers are going to be loaded for bear since we beat them on a fluke play. L

Falcons are damned good team and we play on the east coast something this team has not done well in the past.. L

Texans this one is a toss-up but I'll give it to them because they have loads of talent and really good coaching..Many of which would love to come back to DEN and beat us.. L

Raiders should be a mess..But then they seem to be able to play above their heads in DEN and if mc Fadden is still playing well it may be a long day for our D..W

@ NE enough said..L

@ SAN this one could go either way.. But I'm betting a spilt of AFCW games..L

after the Bye Manning and his skill folks may have their timing and nods and winks down better than the first few games..

Saints hard to keep up with that scoring machine.. L

@CIN a very good up and coming team.W

@Panthers W

SAN W

@Chefs cassell may be in tune by this week and playing in KC is always tough. L

Bucs W

@OAK L

@ BAL could be a great game.. but an East coast game, so we always struggle. L

Browns W

Chefs W

That is how I see it right now..

might change my mind after seeing some Preseason games, but if we lose any of the starters we could be screwed..
lonestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 06:27 AM   #22
Mediator12
OM analyst

Quanterus Smith was MY freakin Pick

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Quote:
Originally Posted by DENVERDUI55 View Post
INDY was drilling KC until the last quarter of that game. They were up by 12 points until the final 8 minutes and their secondary blew it. ONLY game Painter looked good in all year.
Mediator12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 06:51 AM   #23
CEH
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mediator12 View Post
INDY was drilling KC until the last quarter of that game. They were up by 12 points until the final 8 minutes and their secondary blew it. ONLY game Painter looked good in all year.
I bet KC fan also thought BUF at home to open the season last year was a win and a cake walk. It was a beat down 41-7

119 yards passing by Cassell to open the season. This is the reason KC might not compete inconsisent play from the QB position

Last edited by CEH; 07-20-2012 at 06:53 AM..
CEH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 08:26 AM   #24
maher_tyler
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Champ Bailey

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonestar View Post
Personally Id o not think we will even win the 9 games.. Way to much "new" happening this year..

and the schedule is brutal.. This team probably will not click until mid-season and by then it may be all over..

The 8-8 last year was against last place teams in their division.. This year we play the first place teams in the other divisions..

Huge difference.. folks..

Until I see Manning hitting on all cylinders with all the other guys on O on the same page.. and the D stepping it up BIG time, it looks like a 7-9 season to me.. If that..
Missing the playoffs would be an epic fail...10-6 and division champs..nothing less is acceptable in my book...
maher_tyler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 08:41 AM   #25
maher_tyler
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Champ Bailey

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonestar View Post
SO you'd rather play the first teams every year opposed to the last place teams?

Do you think that we got everyone's A game last year or that some of those teams looked past us because we had a joke for a QB..

Note we won some of those games BUT when the league figured out how to beat Tebow we lost the last games of the year..

Sorry but if you are a good team other teams get up to play you.. When you are bad team many are going through the motions and looking at their division game the next week or are coming off a big win..

Say what you will but our team over the past decade have lost loads of "trap games" that we should have beat the socks off of them but we were not mentally tough and ready to play them..

I believe sincerely that this coming schedule is infinitely tougher than the one we played last year..

and folks EVERYONE is going to get up to play Manning..EVERYONE..

The Steelers are going to be loaded for bear since we beat them on a fluke play. L

Falcons are damned good team and we play on the east coast something this team has not done well in the past.. L

Texans this one is a toss-up but I'll give it to them because they have loads of talent and really good coaching..Many of which would love to come back to DEN and beat us.. L

Raiders should be a mess..But then they seem to be able to play above their heads in DEN and if mc Fadden is still playing well it may be a long day for our D..W

@ NE enough said..L

@ SAN this one could go either way.. But I'm betting a spilt of AFCW games..L

after the Bye Manning and his skill folks may have their timing and nods and winks down better than the first few games..

Saints hard to keep up with that scoring machine.. L

@CIN a very good up and coming team.W

@Panthers W

SAN W

@Chefs cassell may be in tune by this week and playing in KC is always tough. L

Bucs W

@OAK L

@ BAL could be a great game.. but an East coast game, so we always struggle. L

Browns W

Chefs W

That is how I see it right now..

might change my mind after seeing some Preseason games, but if we lose any of the starters we could be screwed..
Only team in the division I think we split with is KC...I don't think Pitt is as good as they have been in the past. I could see them missing the playoffs. I think Atlanta is overrated. Saints are a mess with a different head coach with players and coaches suspended all over the place. I see our loses to Texans, Pats, Cinci, Panthers, KC, and Baltimore.
maher_tyler is offline   Reply With Quote