The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 06-27-2012, 01:38 PM   #201
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

You guys couldn't figure out the Randy Gradishar comment was a metaphor for people gushing all yr about Miller and how unstoppable he is? Wow? It's ridiculous to even mention Von with Demarcus Ware at this point. That man has 90 plus sacks in 7 years. When Von Miller does it 2-3 yrs in a row then he can mentioned with Suggs and Ware etc.

Right now he's just a second yr player with 1 good year.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 02:12 PM   #202
Irish Stout
Ring of Famer

Run for it Marty!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Wesley Woodyard

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthemdown View Post
You guys couldn't figure out the Randy Gradishar comment was a metaphor for people gushing all yr about Miller and how unstoppable he is? Wow?
The RG comment wasn't literal!?!? No way.

Quote:
It's ridiculous to even mention Von with Demarcus Ware at this point. That man has 90 plus sacks in 7 years. When Von Miller does it 2-3 yrs in a row then he can mentioned with Suggs and Ware etc.
So, its ridiculous to evaluate and anticipate any player's potential based on their first year? It would have been pretty foolish of me to look at Demarcus Ware's stellar rookie season (58 tackles and 8 sacks) in 2005 and predict that he would one day be a great player. It would be even more astounding and foolhardy to compare any player's rookie years to any other player. In fact, we fans should just scrap our attempts at talent evaluation. So should all the sports media.

The fact that Von Miller had a rookie year (64 tackles 11.5 sacks) that was arguably better than Ware's rookie year doesn't mean a thing. I'm so sorry that I compared those numbers in my head and compared what I saw on the field in 2005 for the Cowboys and 2011 for the Broncos and came to the conclusion that Von could be one hell of a player if he keeps it up. That was ridiculous.

Quote:
Right now he's just a second yr player with 1 good year.
Ahhh quit your gushing.

cutthemdown, you usually have great football takes and I am sorry for going all super sarcasm on you on this one. However, I just think that its the main point of the Mane (or any place like this) for the general fan to actually evaluate, grade and judge players. I also think the best way to evaluate any young player is to compare them to their predecessors to help evaluate potential and to track that along the course of their career to determine if they met the potential and output they initially showed.

At this point, who knows what happens with Von. I know he had the hand injury, but his production drop off during that time was a little worrisome to me. That being said, he put up all around great rookie numbers and its hard for people to ignore that or to ignore the motor the guy had on the actual field. He is the kind of player that gets people excited and they want to know now whether he will actually continue to produce and grow from here. Since no one can actually know, we are left with trying to make educated guesses. The best way to do that is to compare the facts we do have on the young player to the output of other great players after their rookie seasons. This leads a lot of people to a hypothetical conclusion. Just like a scientific hypothesis is also based on previous observations, thats what we (fans, sports writers, FO execs) do.

Of course, we have to wait and see if our hypothesis can become a theory (2-4 years out) that can become a law (at retirement). So wait and see goes hand and hand with "lets make reasonable comparisons to arrive at logical, though not yet defined conclusions." Its just the natural process and many of us like to take part in it. Its part of the enjoyment of following sports.
Irish Stout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 02:30 PM   #203
JJG
Seasoned Veteran

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCStud View Post
Typical internet gif/smash talk trash. You are a clown. Have a nice day clown!
All your points have been refuted. All your straw-man torn down. All your shell games a fraud.

There was nothing left but gif smack...
JJG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 10:38 PM   #204
Bronco Rob
Ring of Famer

The Alpha & The Omega

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Kush & Irsay

Quote:
Originally Posted by DENVERDUI55 View Post
Kcpud has now officially past up bob as worst queef poster. All he can do is argue with stats when he gets bent over repeatedly switch subjects and cherry pick more. It's comical.

Bronco Rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 10:54 PM   #205
lonestar
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker

I think when he started his account he messed up his log in, he got the T and P mixed up.. and he is really KCSpud..
lonestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 01:48 AM   #206
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish Stout View Post
The RG comment wasn't literal!?!? No way.

So, its ridiculous to evaluate and anticipate any player's potential based on their first year? It would have been pretty foolish of me to look at Demarcus Ware's stellar rookie season (58 tackles and 8 sacks) in 2005 and predict that he would one day be a great player. It would be even more astounding and foolhardy to compare any player's rookie years to any other player. In fact, we fans should just scrap our attempts at talent evaluation. So should all the sports media.

The fact that Von Miller had a rookie year (64 tackles 11.5 sacks) that was arguably better than Ware's rookie year doesn't mean a thing. I'm so sorry that I compared those numbers in my head and compared what I saw on the field in 2005 for the Cowboys and 2011 for the Broncos and came to the conclusion that Von could be one hell of a player if he keeps it up. That was ridiculous.

Ahhh quit your gushing.

cutthemdown, you usually have great football takes and I am sorry for going all super sarcasm on you on this one. However, I just think that its the main point of the Mane (or any place like this) for the general fan to actually evaluate, grade and judge players. I also think the best way to evaluate any young player is to compare them to their predecessors to help evaluate potential and to track that along the course of their career to determine if they met the potential and output they initially showed.

At this point, who knows what happens with Von. I know he had the hand injury, but his production drop off during that time was a little worrisome to me. That being said, he put up all around great rookie numbers and its hard for people to ignore that or to ignore the motor the guy had on the actual field. He is the kind of player that gets people excited and they want to know now whether he will actually continue to produce and grow from here. Since no one can actually know, we are left with trying to make educated guesses. The best way to do that is to compare the facts we do have on the young player to the output of other great players after their rookie seasons. This leads a lot of people to a hypothetical conclusion. Just like a scientific hypothesis is also based on previous observations, thats what we (fans, sports writers, FO execs) do.

Of course, we have to wait and see if our hypothesis can become a theory (2-4 years out) that can become a law (at retirement). So wait and see goes hand and hand with "lets make reasonable comparisons to arrive at logical, though not yet defined conclusions." Its just the natural process and many of us like to take part in it. Its part of the enjoyment of following sports.
You made your point lol.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 02:38 AM   #207
canadianbroncosfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCStud View Post
Oh you wanna play that game huh? Von got 2.5 sacks off the same Jets and Bears teams.
He also got 1.5 sacks off Matt "I hold the ball forever" Cassel and Barry "I'm the worst rated RT in the entire league" Richardson.
He also got 2 sacks on the Chargers OL who had serious problems last year on their OL and didn't even have their LT the 2nd time they played you.
That's 6 sacks that Von got on easy targets.

You remind me of a dumbass....because you are one.
Okay so even if we call those a wash, our guy still doubled up Houston. Good argument.
Old 07-12-2012, 10:41 AM   #208
Bronco Rob
Ring of Famer

The Alpha & The Omega

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Kush & Irsay

Oakland Raiders: Comparing Carson Palmer to Other AFC West QBs

With just 18 days remaining until training camp starts, news of the Oakland Raiders has been scarce. No no player signings, re-signing, cuts or acquisitions whatsoever. It is indeed, the "slow time" in Oakland.

In this dead time, Raider Nation Times has been doing a series of articles called, Know Your Enemy. David Wilson is covering each team in the AFC West as a whole and Jerry Rump has been doing a position by position breakdown of how each team matches up with the Raiders at each spot on the field.

Now, it's time to discuss the most important position on the field, the quarterback.

Much has been made of AFC West quarterbacks recently. If you believe everything the mainstream sports media tells you, Peyton Manning has turned the Broncos into a Super Bowl contender, Philip Rivers is going to magically turn around his dismal performance in 2011 to lead the Chargers to the promised land and Matt Cassel is being considered one of the most under-rated quarterbacks in the league.

Forgotten in all of this is Raiders' signal-caller, Carson Palmer. No one is talking about him, covering him, interviewing him or giving him any chance to lead the Raiders to the playoffs—or even respectability.

Whatever! Since when has Raider Nation given a hoot about what the mainstream media has to say?

Should Raider Nation expect Carson Palmer to get to the Pro Bowl? Maybe, maybe not. Should Raider Nation expect Palmer to throw for 5,000 yards, 50 touchdowns and zero interceptions? Absolutely not. But, can Raider Nation expect Palmer to perform as well as, or even better than the other quarterbacks in the AFC West?

Absolutely!

The Raiders have more offensive talent than every team in the division, more defensive talent than Denver and San Diego, and the Raiders have the most hungry coaches, the hungriest players and the most motivated general manager in the division by a wide margin. Don't think for one second that head coach Dennis Allen or general manager Reggie McKenzie are going to settle for mediocrity from this 2012 Raiders' squad.

The team and coaches have been put on notice that the "Scholarships" are gone and that every player will have to fight for his job. If any of them think McKenzie and Allen are bluffing with this statement, go ask Stanford Routt and Kamerion Wimbley if the "New Era" of Raiders' management are serious or not!

http://raidernationtimes.com/article.php?id=9003

Old 07-12-2012, 10:49 AM   #209
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

I said Do It!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher

Reading that, of course Raider Nation doesnt give a hoot what the mainstream media says! They think they are going to win the SuperBowl every season while the experts have them coming at or near the bottom. Mainstream has been right most every time. You would think thier own internet fan site would take the homerism out of the equation but obviously, we get the s with their articles.
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 10:57 AM   #210
Bronco Rob
Ring of Famer

The Alpha & The Omega

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Kush & Irsay

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncocalijohn View Post
Reading that, of course Raider Nation doesnt give a hoot what the mainstream media says! They think they are going to win the SuperBowl every season while the experts have them coming at or near the bottom. Mainstream has been right most every time. You would think thier own internet fan site would take the homerism out of the equation but obviously, we get the s with their articles.

Quote:
The Raiders have more offensive talent than every team in the division, more defensive talent than Denver and San Diego

Old 07-12-2012, 12:23 PM   #211
Captain 'Dre
Along For The Ride

For THIS I Went To Grad School?!?

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronco Rob View Post
David Wilson is covering each team in the AFC West as a whole and Jerry Rump has been doing a position by position breakdown of how each team matches up with the Raiders at each spot on the field.
The next time I feel down about life, I'll just remind myself that things could be worse-- At least my name isn't 'Rump'.
Captain 'Dre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 12:28 PM   #212
Captain 'Dre
Along For The Ride

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronco Rob View Post
Don't think for one second that head coach Dennis Allen or general manager Reggie McKenzie are going to settle for mediocrity from this 2012 Raiders' squad.
Yeah, that sounds familiar. Last year, after Jason Campbell went down with an injury, Hue Jackson asserted "I promise you, this team will not blink!!!"

The Raiders then proceeded to flutter their eyelashes like 5 dollar hookers.

Allen and McKenzie may not "settle for mediocrity" but they won't be able to prevent it.

Last edited by Captain 'Dre; 07-12-2012 at 12:31 PM..
Old 07-12-2012, 01:56 PM   #213
DontBeMessin
Ring of Famer

Three pages... THREE!!! And nothing contradicting the predictions that the Raiders are going to wipe their own asses with the Broncos this season...

Three pages - you all must think it will happen then... In agreement with...
DontBeMessin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 02:03 PM   #214
bronco militia
OMG...this is horrible!

THE GREATEST

Quote:
Originally Posted by DontBeMessin View Post
Three pages... THREE!!! And nothing contradicting the predictions that the Raiders are going to wipe their own asses with the Broncos this season...

Attached Images

bronco militia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 02:22 PM   #215
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

lol
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 02:27 PM   #216
R-Mac

Raiders... No playoffs since 2002... . That's all.
Old 07-12-2012, 02:59 PM   #217
Captain 'Dre
Along For The Ride

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:

*Yawn!*

No, it's just such a preposterous concept that it's not worth the effort contesting it.
Old 07-12-2012, 04:47 PM   #218
Queersforbroncos69

Raider fans are mean. They take over Invesco and beat all of us Bronco fans up.

Last edited by Queersforbroncos69; 07-12-2012 at 04:52 PM..
Old 07-12-2012, 04:51 PM   #219
Kaylore
4 time AFCW Champs

12 straight road division wins

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queersforbroncos69 View Post
Raider fans are mean. They take over Invesco and beat all of us Bronco fans.
Thanks, troll.
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 05:13 PM   #220
DontBeMessin
Ring of Famer

Well, you would think that if you are going to call a Thread "Raiders Suck" you would actually have posts on the subject.

When you were in high school and went into History class and when they started discussing History - did you stand up and shout, "HEY! Your talking about the subject... I figured we'd talk about Biology or something..."
DontBeMessin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 05:22 PM   #221
DenverBrit
Just hanging out.

Got a breath mint??

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Team

Quote:
Well, you would think that if you are going to call a Thread "Raiders Suck" you would actually have posts on the subject.

When you were in high school and went into History class and when they started discussing History - did you stand up and shout, "HEY! Your talking about the subject... I figured we'd talk about Biology or something..."
The Raiders REALLY suck!! Better??
DenverBrit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 03:55 AM   #222
driver
Pro Bowler

Second Oldest Bronco Fan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pot Roast

Quote:
Raiders are going to wipe their own asses
Completely impossible!
Everyone knows that NO RAIDER can even find his own ass in a dark room!
driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 11:45 AM   #223
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

I said Do It!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher

Quote:
And nothing contradicting the predictions that the Raiders are going to wipe their own asses with the Broncos this season...

Tough to do when the Raiders will be handcuffed behind their back. How is McClain doing btw?

Keep sweeping the division and then miss out on the playoffs...again. Raiders have history but there is nothing proud of the last 10 years. One of the worst records in football. How does that taste butch?
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 09:06 AM   #224
bronco militia
OMG...this is horrible!

THE GREATEST

bronco militia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 12:21 AM   #225
maher_tyler
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

"Raiders have the most hungry coaches"