The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 07-08-2012, 01:28 PM   #626
Agamemnon

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCStud View Post
Please tell me of any realistic chance Pioli has had to get a good QB since coming to KC in 2009.
Looking at what he gave up for and what he paid Cassel, he clearly thought he was getting a good QB back in 2009. Oops...
Old 07-08-2012, 02:09 PM   #627
errand
Ring of Famer

Forgot more than you'll ever know

Quote:
I also used the word "realistic".
Well let's see , realistically it wouldn't have been too much to have traded up from #3 to #1 overall in '09 to select Stafford, especially given that Cutler was moved prior to draft...I can realistically see a pre-draft trade the Lions trading their #1 overall for your #3 and another pick, or player (not that you got alot of good ones) and the Chiefs select Stafford...and then the Lions could've traded their #3 pick they acquired thru Chiefs for Cutler or failing in that, another QB

Realistically you could have drafted Dalton this past season....he wasn't selected but 8 picks after your team drafted at 26 overall. Not much of a reach given how well he performed in '11 as a rookie. sure he's only had one season, but he shows alot of promise wouldn't you agree?

Realistically drafting Sanchez at #3 overall wouldn't have been stupid considering he's led Jets to not one but two conference title game appearances. And while he might have sucked as a head coach, Haley was a pretty decent guy who probably could have done more with a QB like Sanchez.

so realistically speaking, you're not correct in claiming nobody was available

Last edited by errand; 07-08-2012 at 02:13 PM..
errand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 02:17 PM   #628
DENVERDUI55

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyhorse View Post
No, we suck. Just less than you do.

Dont believe me?

SCOREBOARD
Which game? In narrowhead or in Denver? Queef fans like to talk about theory 7 to 3 SB win but fail to mention the other game.
Old 07-08-2012, 02:24 PM   #629
errand
Ring of Famer

Forgot more than you'll ever know

Quote:
And yet we will still split the series.

And you are underestimating the Bengals, Panthers, and Falcons.
the Bengals with the wait and see (your words, not mine) Dalton playing
QB? That went 1-8 vs teams with a winning record last season? Surely you jest.....

the Panthers played alot of 30-24 kind of games last season....and that tells me while their offense improved, their defense isn't keeping pace.

The Falcons won 4 of their 10 wins vs rookie QB's...beating the likes of Ponder, Newton twice and Gabbert.....oh, and this isn't Manning's first rodeo
errand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 02:30 PM   #630
KCStud
Ring of Famer

AmeriStanzi!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncocalijohn View Post
Here are some QBs Chiefs could have landed:
Michael Vick

Peyton Manning (IND) -
Matt Flynn (GB) -
Kyle Orton (DEN) Did get him and then let him go.
Jason Campbell (OAK) - Not sure if improvement
Donovan McNabb (MIN) - Good for a year or two when available

Stanzi is your only QB draft pick in the last few years. I would be gun shy too if the last high pick was Croyle!

We got Peyton because the Front Office sold him enough to land him. He wanted to go to a franchise he thought had a chance. He obviously didn't think KC was in the same ballpark. Why? Just look at the name of this thread.
Vick would have been stupid. The backlash would have been enormous. Plus he is fragile.
Flynn=Cassel
Orton took starting QB money to be a backup, and he's about the same as Cassel anyway.
Campbell is average and isn't definitively better QB than Cassel.
McNabb sucks at that point in his career.
Peyton was never a realistic chance.

So ragging on Pioli for not getting a great QB thus far is laughable. Every QB on that list (save Vick) isn't much of an upgrade at all at this point in their careers.

Cassel was the best realistic option KC has had since Pioli has gotten here, and going through a rebuilding phase he hasn't been that bad, considering the bad supporting cast he's had up to now.
Pioli will be judged on the QB that he gets to replace Cassel.
KCStud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 02:39 PM   #631
KCStud
Ring of Famer

AmeriStanzi!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by errand View Post
the Bengals with the wait and see (your words, not mine) Dalton playing
QB? That went 1-8 vs teams with a winning record last season? Surely you jest.....

the Panthers played alot of 30-24 kind of games last season....and that tells me while their offense improved, their defense isn't keeping pace.

The Falcons won 4 of their 10 wins vs rookie QB's...beating the likes of Ponder, Newton twice and Gabbert.....oh, and this isn't Manning's first rodeo
Bengals have a top 10 defense and really strong weapons on offense.
Panthers will most likely have the best running game in the league along with a good defensive coach.
Falcons are still a strong team.

Saying that beating those teams on the road will be easy is plain stupid.

And let's also not forget that your team beat 2 rookie QB's, Caleb Hanie, Tyler Palko, and the worst team in the league at the time (Miami), so let's not act like the team surrounding Manning is full of world beaters.
Old 07-08-2012, 02:56 PM   #632
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

Quote:
That's not a realistic chance. Try again.
you love changing the rules. kc had as realistic of a chance to land Manning as every other team that pursued Manning. You love to say Manning choose the Broncos because of Elway and I'm sure that had a lot to do with it, but you are living in dream land if you think that is the only reason he chose the Broncos.

oh and btw, chiefs suck.
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 03:18 PM   #633
Tim

Quote:

And let's also not forget that your team beat 2 rookie QB's, Caleb Hanie, Tyler Palko, and the worst team in the league at the time (Miami), so let's not act like the team surrounding Manning is full of world beaters.
If miami was the worst team in the league at the time what does it make the chiefs when they got blown out at home by them. The worst team in the league all season was the Colts.. and the chorfs barley got by them
Old 07-08-2012, 03:37 PM   #634
KCStud
Ring of Famer

AmeriStanzi!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by errand View Post
Well let's see , realistically it wouldn't have been too much to have traded up from #3 to #1 overall in '09 to select Stafford, especially given that Cutler was moved prior to draft...I can realistically see a pre-draft trade the Lions trading their #1 overall for your #3 and another pick, or player (not that you got alot of good ones) and the Chiefs select Stafford...and then the Lions could've traded their #3 pick they acquired thru Chiefs for Cutler or failing in that, another QB

Realistically you could have drafted Dalton this past season....he wasn't selected but 8 picks after your team drafted at 26 overall. Not much of a reach given how well he performed in '11 as a rookie. sure he's only had one season, but he shows alot of promise wouldn't you agree?

Realistically drafting Sanchez at #3 overall wouldn't have been stupid considering he's led Jets to not one but two conference title game appearances. And while he might have sucked as a head coach, Haley was a pretty decent guy who probably could have done more with a QB like Sanchez.

so realistically speaking, you're not correct in claiming nobody was available
The Lions wanted Stafford and nobody else with that pick. You don't trade a pick when you think you have a franchise QB in your grasp. And everyone knows that franchise needed him. No way they were going to give him up.

Mark Sanchez is almost the same exact QB Matt Cassel is. Sanchez had outstanding surrounding talent in his early years and relied heavily on it.
Now there are people who would take Cassel over Sanchez, because Sanchez has been so incredibly average last year.
Old 07-08-2012, 03:39 PM   #635
KCStud
Ring of Famer

AmeriStanzi!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ View Post
you love changing the rules. kc had as realistic of a chance to land Manning as every other team that pursued Manning. You love to say Manning choose the Broncos because of Elway and I'm sure that had a lot to do with it, but you are living in dream land if you think that is the only reason he chose the Broncos.

oh and btw, chiefs suck.
No you're changing the rules. Peyton Manning wasn't a realistic chance for KC. He didn't even come visit. Mind telling me how that is "realistic"?
The reason Peyton didn't give San Francisco a chance was because he would have had to have played his brother in the playoffs, not because Denver is a better franchise.

Last edited by KCStud; 07-08-2012 at 03:42 PM..
Old 07-08-2012, 03:44 PM   #636
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

I said Do It!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher

Quote:
No you're changing the rules. Peyton Manning wasn't a realistic chance for KC. He didn't even come visit. Mind telling me how that is "realistic"?
The reason Peyton didn't give San Francisco a chance was because he would have had to have played his brother in the playoffs, not because Denver is a better franchise.
Then Alex Smith would have been looking at a new team and as he sets his appointment book for KC, Denver calls him up and cancels the meeting in KC. He then signs with Denver before giving KC a chance. That is probably how it would have went down.
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 03:47 PM   #637
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Where is Amazon!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ View Post

oh and btw, chiefs suck.
Maybe Manning would have taken KFC more seriously if they had Steve Bono fly out to pick him up and bring him to KC?

Well maybe not.
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 03:52 PM   #638
KCStud
Ring of Famer

AmeriStanzi!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncocalijohn View Post
Then Alex Smith would have been looking at a new team and as he sets his appointment book for KC, Denver calls him up and cancels the meeting in KC. He then signs with Denver before giving KC a chance. That is probably how it would have went down.
If's and but's.

Fact is, Alex Smith almost got to the SB last year based on his coaching and surrounding cast. Rex Grossman had success too.
It's not out of the picture that KC could have success with Cassel in the playoffs.
Old 07-08-2012, 04:15 PM   #639
crazyhorse
All Motor!!

You can only hope to contain me

Quote:
Originally Posted by DENVERDUI55 View Post
Which game? In narrowhead or in Denver? Queef fans like to talk about theory 7 to 3 SB win but fail to mention the other game.
Why mention it? It doesn't apply. You guys say the Chiefs are one of the worst teams in history. I say "scoreboard". I say "as bad as we are, we can still whip your ass".

Pretty straight forward.
crazyhorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 04:23 PM   #640
KCStud
Ring of Famer

AmeriStanzi!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Why mention it? It doesn't apply. You guys say the Chiefs are one of the worst teams in history. I say "scoreboard". I say "as bad as we are, we can still whip your ass".

Pretty straight forward.
Spot on. That game doesn't apply to them.
Old 07-08-2012, 04:49 PM   #641
MagicHef
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Please tell me of any realistic chance Pioli has had to get a good QB since coming to KC in 2009.
Hasselbeck.

Or, if we expand it past "good" to "better than Cassel," it would add McNabb, Orton, and any number of QBs in the draft.
MagicHef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 05:13 PM   #642
DENVERDUI55

Quote:

Pretty straight forward.
7-3 is hardly an ass whipping especially with us playing a caveman fullback for a QB. Worst franchises is more like it. Historical franchise Yes they are but actual success they are one of the worst.
Old 07-08-2012, 05:25 PM   #643
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

I said Do It!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher

Quote:

Pretty straight forward.
I guess you will ignore my post on that exact post you made. Pick and choose. Just like KCDud has done on this whole thread.
Old 07-08-2012, 05:56 PM   #644
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:

Pretty straight forward.
You know the NFL has a system in place to determine what teams are better right?
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 06:00 PM   #645
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

I said Do It!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBroncos4life View Post
You know the NFL has a system in place to determine what teams are better right?
NO!NO! NO! See if a team is undefeated and they lose to an 0-12 team, the 0-12 team no longer sucks worse than that 12-0 team. They might go 1-15 for the season but they will be better than the 14-2 team. True! Just ask Crazyhorse and he will explain his logic.
Old 07-08-2012, 06:11 PM   #646
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Where is Amazon!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson!

Quote:
Spot on. That game doesn't apply to them.
Enjoy your 7-3 win while you can. If Manning is healthy it may be the last time that KFC splits a series from the Broncos for awhile.
Old 07-08-2012, 06:14 PM   #647
KCStud
Ring of Famer

AmeriStanzi!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagicHef View Post
Hasselbeck.

Or, if we expand it past "good" to "better than Cassel," it would add McNabb, Orton, and any number of QBs in the draft.
McNabb sucked at the end and Orton/Hasselback are basically the same as Cassel. None of them were significantly better than Cassel at this point in their careers.
Old 07-08-2012, 06:18 PM   #648
KCStud
Ring of Famer

AmeriStanzi!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncosteven View Post
Enjoy your 7-3 win while you can. If Manning is healthy it may be the last time that KFC splits a series from the Broncos for awhile.
Manning struggles against Romeo's defense and you still can't stop the run, but continue to think KC has no chance.
Old 07-08-2012, 06:20 PM   #649
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
McNabb sucked at the end and Orton/Hasselback are basically the same as Cassel. None of them were significantly better than Cassel at this point in their careers.
Lol stfu you are a ****ing moronic retard when it comes to QBs....**** that even a moronic retard knows more about QB talent then you.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 06:26 PM   #650
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Where is Amazon!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson!

Quote:
Manning struggles against Romeo's defense and you still can't stop the run, but continue to think KC has no chance.
Oh I think KFC has a chance if Manning can't play ever again.