The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 07-06-2012, 09:08 PM   #526
Bronco Rob
Ring of Famer

The Alpha & The Omega

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Kush & Irsay

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCStud View Post
Yes, memories. Indeed.

I was at that game sitting in the north stand second row from the top. Funny how history forgets that the Broncos had the 28th ranked defense that year. They had to coax Dennis Smith and Karl Mecklenburg out of retirement. Elway didn't lose that game Randy Hilliard did when he blew the one assignment he had by letting let Fumble Anders get out of bounds on that last drive.

It helps when you know what you're talking about.

Bronco Rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 09:21 PM   #527
UltimateHoboW/Shotgun
I. HATE. THE. OFFSEASON!

Time to believe!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
C.J. Anderson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
Mute point...lol

Burn.
UltimateHoboW/Shotgun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 09:25 PM   #528
Bronco Rob
Ring of Famer

The Alpha & The Omega

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Kush & Irsay

Quote:
The talent on the Elways teams was clearly enough to make it to the SB, so quit crying about it. Elway couldn't get it done in the big game until his 15th season.
Montana was clutch for 2 teams. He beat Elway at his own game as a Niner and as a Chief.
And he had 2 come from behind wins in the playoffs as a Chief. He's the most clutch QB ever.

Hanna Montana was so clutch that Bill Walsh traded for Steve Young in 1987. He was so clutch that they dumped his ass like trash and stole a first round draft pick from kansas city in the process. Mean while the 9ers go on to win another ring sans Hanna Montana Steve Young breaking all his single game records.

Hanna takes over a chefs team that made the playoffs the season prior at (10-6) goes 8-3 in eleven starts the chefs finish (11-5). The biggest offseason acquisition wasn't Hanna, it was the player voted the teams MVP who scored more touchdowns than montana..His name?

Marcus Allen.

WTG Hanna you led the chefs to one more victory than Dave Krieg!

Old 07-06-2012, 09:38 PM   #529
KCStud
Ring of Famer

AmeriStanzi!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronco Rob View Post
Hanna Montana was so clutch that Bill Walsh traded for Steve Young in 1987. He was so clutch that they dumped his ass like trash and stole a first round draft pick from kansas city in the process. Mean while the 9ers go on to win another ring sans Hanna Montana Steve Young breaking all his single game records.

Hanna takes over a chefs team that made the playoffs the season prior at (10-6) goes 8-3 in eleven starts the chefs finish (11-5). The biggest offseason acquisition wasn't Hanna, it was the player voted the teams MVP who scored more touchdowns than montana..His name?

Marcus Allen.

WTG Hanna you led the chefs to one more victory than Dave Krieg!

Trying to make fun of Joe Montana is hilarious. What's even more hilarious is you trying so hard to do it.

Never lost a SB and was as clutch as clutch can be. And it's likely Manning won't do much more than Tebow did with the Broncos. Not with his daddy (Bill Belicheck) around.
KCStud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 09:46 PM   #530
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

Montana one of the best QBS of all time. To say otherwise a joke. Who cares he had a great team he was simply put amazing. Just shows what a QB can mean. Chiefs got him on tail end of career and still almost got to the Superbowl with him. What Chiefs have at QB IMO is one big group of average signal callers. They will shuffle them in an out probably again this yr hoping for a spark that never comes.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 10:09 PM   #531
mwill07
Ring of Famer

Lurker Extraordinaire

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VMFM

Quote:
Lol... "not since 1994, anyways"... between 1994 and now, StL has won 4 pennants and 2 world series...Royals have done neither (not to mention a Superbowl win and an additional Superbowl appearance for the Rams).

I could be wrong, but I really doubt folks in StL are still bitter about a 27 year old loss the same way Browns fans are.
mwill07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 10:12 PM   #532
KCStud
Ring of Famer

AmeriStanzi!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwill07 View Post
Lol... "not since 1994, anyways"... between 1994 and now, StL has won 4 pennants and 2 world series...Royals have done neither (not to mention a Superbowl win and an additional Superbowl appearance for the Rams).

I could be wrong, but I really doubt folks in StL are still bitter about a 27 year old loss the same way Browns fans are.
Um yes. Cardinals fans are very bitter and never let it go, especially when they play the Royals.

And this is coming from a Cardinals fan.
Old 07-06-2012, 10:32 PM   #533
Bronco Rob
Ring of Famer

The Alpha & The Omega

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Kush & Irsay

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthemdown View Post
Montana one of the best QBS of all time. To say otherwise a joke. Who cares he had a great team he was simply put amazing. Just shows what a QB can mean. Chiefs got him on tail end of career and still almost got to the Superbowl with him. What Chiefs have at QB IMO is one big group of average signal callers. They will shuffle them in an out probably again this yr hoping for a spark that never comes.

Bradshaw one of the best QBS of all time. To say otherwise a joke. Who cares he had a great team he was simply put amazing. Just shows what a QB can mean.

Old 07-06-2012, 11:15 PM   #534
Stuck in Cali

Quote:
Um yes. Cardinals fans are very bitter and never let it go, especially when they play the Royals.

And this is coming from a Cardinals fan.
But history doesn't mean jack ****.
Old 07-06-2012, 11:46 PM   #535
KCStud
Ring of Famer

AmeriStanzi!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuck in Cali View Post
But history doesn't mean jack ****.
Your attempt at being funny is a fail.
Your twisted usage of my posts is an even bigger fail.
Old 07-06-2012, 11:53 PM   #536
Stuck in Cali

Quote:
Your attempt at being funny is a fail.
Your twisted usage of my posts is an even bigger fail.
Only thing that is fail, is the team your a fan of.
Old 07-07-2012, 12:15 AM   #537
KCStud
Ring of Famer

AmeriStanzi!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuck in Cali View Post
Only thing that is fail, is the team your a fan of.
And who won the last time our two teams played? Oh that's right....
Old 07-07-2012, 12:26 AM   #538
Stuck in Cali

Quote:
, now that's pretty funny. Seriously though make up your mind if history matters or not.
Old 07-07-2012, 02:24 AM   #539
crazyhorse
All Motor!!

You can only hope to contain me

I cant believe you're comparing historical value of the team that invented the SB to a team that took 37 years to win one only after cheating.

Not only did we play in the 1st SB, we won the 4th. The very trophy you play for to win the AFC Championship has Lamar Hunts name on it for god sake.

Whats Bowlens history in comparison? A cheater and a drunk.

You guys really have a distorted view of what you really have in Denver. The rest of the league and the casual orangemane fan see things in a different way on many levels.

Same for the casual chiefs fans. But to come off like you invented football is a hard sell to someone thinking clearly.

I have enjoyed the thread as much as anyone. But lets not get stoopit.
crazyhorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 05:01 AM   #540
DENVERDUI55

Quote:
Only a KC fan would use a season split and an ugly 7 to 3 win as ammo. What did that win land you? Combine warrior Poe?
Old 07-07-2012, 06:43 AM   #541
CEH
Ring of Famer

Yea I'm not much for comparing history. What still sticks in my mind about the present day Chiefs was the epsiode on hard knocks where Peterson tells the team they are playing for the Lamar Hunt trohphy

That is all I need to know about the KC Chiefs. The AFC Championship is good enough for us
CEH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 08:44 AM   #542
Drunken.Broncoholic

KCstud over the last 5 or so pages you have contradicted yourself several times. Quit talking about Joe Montana when you've littered this thread with posts saying history dont mean sh**
Old 07-07-2012, 09:48 AM   #543
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

I said Do It!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher

KCDud and now Crazyhorse need to come to the conclusion from the first page; Chiefs suck! We are not talking about 1 game or 1 season. We are talking about the entire franchise from almost the very beginning! Now maybe sucks is a little harsh but we are comparing the Chiefs to the Broncos and the feelings of the whole league. THEY HAVE NOT WON A PLAYOFF GAME SINCE 1993! Add they have not been to the Super Bowl in 40 years! 40 years!!!! Teams that joined the league after their last SB appearance have been in the SB. Seattle and Carolina to name 2.
Not too hard to do more of it before this thread but you guys are a joke. More so than your Chiefs team. I understand you want to stick up for the **** they call KC Chiefs but you are doing it wrong. By that I mean you open your mouth, you are wrong. This thread would have died if you didnt play a defensive lawyer.....that has failed. Judge and jury has seen the evidence. Chiefs are GUILTY of being the sucks and you have failed trying to convince Broncos fans otherwise.
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 09:55 AM   #544
Drunken.Broncoholic

LMAO broncocalijohn.
Old 07-07-2012, 10:43 AM   #545
errand
Ring of Famer

Forgot more than you'll ever know

Quote:
Well, to be fair, we've kind of gotten use to reading "Orton causes Broncos loss vs. KC..." in the sports headlines
errand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 10:47 AM   #546
errand
Ring of Famer

Forgot more than you'll ever know

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncocalijohn View Post
THEY HAVE NOT WON A PLAYOFF GAME SINCE 1993! Add they have not been to the Super Bowl in 40 years! 40 years!!!! Teams that joined the league after their last SB appearance have been in the SB. Seattle and Carolina to name 2.
Tampa Bay is another....just saying. And when you take into consideration that several teams have played in or won numerous SB's too....well their suckage has reached epic proportions
errand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 10:55 AM   #547
WolfpackGuy
Call me, "Maybe"

Before the Cheaps run of playoff appearances in the 90's, they only had two other playoff seasons as an NFL team.

1971 and 1986.

Talk about a drought.

Ouch.
WolfpackGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 11:03 AM   #548
Archer81
Optimum Homo

Tactical Neck.

I can tell football season is around the corner.

Chiefs fans are optimistic.

Archer81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 12:36 PM   #549
KCStud
Ring of Famer

AmeriStanzi!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncocalijohn View Post
KCDud and now Crazyhorse need to come to the conclusion from the first page; Chiefs suck! We are not talking about 1 game or 1 season. We are talking about the entire franchise from almost the very beginning! Now maybe sucks is a little harsh but we are comparing the Chiefs to the Broncos and the feelings of the whole league. THEY HAVE NOT WON A PLAYOFF GAME SINCE 1993! Add they have not been to the Super Bowl in 40 years! 40 years!!!! Teams that joined the league after their last SB appearance have been in the SB. Seattle and Carolina to name 2.
Not too hard to do more of it before this thread but you guys are a joke. More so than your Chiefs team. I understand you want to stick up for the **** they call KC Chiefs but you are doing it wrong. By that I mean you open your mouth, you are wrong. This thread would have died if you didnt play a defensive lawyer.....that has failed. Judge and jury has seen the evidence. Chiefs are GUILTY of being the sucks and you have failed trying to convince Broncos fans otherwise.
In the end, people care about one thing: how many SB's are in your trophy case.

Right now, you have 1 more. Enjoy it.
Old 07-07-2012, 12:40 PM   #550
KCStud
Ring of Famer

AmeriStanzi!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

How about we make a Bengals suck, Vikings suck, Browns suck, Chargers suck, Jets suck, Lions suck threads?