The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-06-2012, 12:48 AM   #501
canadianbroncosfan
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCStud View Post
Again, I don't give a **** about KC being terrible in the 70's and 80's. I didn't watch it every year so your point is mute.
And you motioning that KC's SB doesn't matter is laughable.
moot*
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 12:51 AM   #502
canadianbroncosfan
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncobiv View Post
I tried to type a reply without being a grammar Nazi towards your use of the phrase "your point is mute." I failed. You're an idiot.

On a related point (the point about you being an idiot...see a theme here?), when did I say that the Chiefs Super Bowl didn't matter? I never said that. You were talking about Chiefs/Broncos postseason performances during your lifetime, so I kept my comments to that time-frame. Never mentioned your Super Bowl over 4 decades ago. That was "before your lifetime". Try re-reading my post again. Granted, re-reading it will probably do you no good due to your obvious lack of comprehension regarding the English language. But just for fun, please try agan.
God, I tried so freaking hard as well but I couldn't let it go. I can let bad grammar go most of the time but that is just a pet peeve of mine.
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 08:07 AM   #503
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer
 
Tombstone RJ's Avatar
 
Old School

Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: In the Tetons!
Posts: 22,243

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCStud View Post
Never said ignore the 80's. Again you fail to read. Just stop while you're ahead slappy.

I didn't "choose to focus on anything". I didn't watch the Chiefs in the 80's because I wasn't alive or I was too young to understand. What part of that do you not understand? Do I need to draw pictures for you like a small child?

I didn't go through the rough 20 years of never being competitive like morons like you seem to claim. In fact I saw the Chiefs go to the playoffs every year in the beginning.

So this whole concept of you thinking my team has completely sucked like the Royals and never were competitive enough to have a winning season in my lifetime is pure garbage.
Here is what you said moron:

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCStud View Post
Again, I don't give a **** about KC being terrible in the 70's and 80's. I didn't watch it every year so your point is mute.
And you motioning that KC's SB doesn't matter is laughable.
What is the difference between choosing not to focus on the 80s teams and ignoring the 80s teams?

Please, explain that to me.

Now you are admiting you weren't alive in the 1980's so this is why you choose to ignore the 1980s and the 1970s, yet you still choose to remember the one SB win and Len Dawson, right?

You're a serious tard.
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 08:47 AM   #504
Kaylore
Because I am better
 
Kaylore's Avatar
 
Everything

Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Ceti Alpha V
Posts: 46,798

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen
Default

Mute point...lol

Kaylore is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 09:24 AM   #505
Ironlung
Terminator
 
Ironlung's Avatar
 
Snake Bitten

Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 1,032
Default

KCdud is a reeeeetard. If the roles were reversed, and it was Denver who hasn't won a SB since 69, and KC won two back to back in his lifetime he would be gloating all over the place....but since its kC who is so pathetic, then its no big deal.
Ironlung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 09:59 AM   #506
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU
 
DBroncos4life's Avatar
 
Bacon bits

Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: The wrong side of right.
Posts: 28,794

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCStud View Post
Again, I don't give a **** about KC being terrible in the 70's and 80's. I didn't watch it every year so your point is mute.
And you motioning that KC's SB doesn't matter is laughable.
So Broncos fans after 1990 don't have to worry about those SB losses?
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 10:05 AM   #507
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum
 
broncosteven's Avatar
 
Juwan The Headless Thompson Gunner!

Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Tranquility Base
Posts: 36,428

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Juwan Thompson
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBroncos4life View Post
So Broncos fans after 1990 don't have to worry about those SB losses?
If you just take 1997-1998 and throw everything else away we would be the greatest Franchise ever to play on the grid-iron.

Back to back SB's, League MVP, 2000 yard rusher, 26 wins, 7 playoff wins ETC...
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 10:08 AM   #508
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU
 
DBroncos4life's Avatar
 
Bacon bits

Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: The wrong side of right.
Posts: 28,794

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncosteven View Post
If you just take 1997-1998 and throw everything else away we would be the greatest Franchise ever to play on the grid-iron.

Back to back SB's, League MVP, 2000 yard rusher, 26 wins, 7 playoff wins ETC...
I'm going to claim those are the only years I watched so I'm on board with this.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 12:42 PM   #509
mwill07
Ring of Famer
 
mwill07's Avatar
 
Lurker Extraordinaire

Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 1,983

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VMFM
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCStud View Post
That's just Cleveland. If you mention Elway, MJ or LBJ you're in trouble.
Is there anyone in the universe that really hates anyone from KC though? KC has never prevented anyone from ever winning anything meaningful, not since 1994, anyways. Before you reference this thread, we are not talking about how we hate KC here... This is more about mocking futility.

Also, what do Elway, MJ, and LBJ all have in common?
mwill07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 01:24 PM   #510
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings
 
broncocalijohn's Avatar
 
I said Do It!

Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Lake Forest, Orange County, Calif.
Posts: 22,826

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwill07 View Post
Also, what do Elway, MJ, and LBJ all have in common?
They all think KCDud is a complete moron?
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 04:07 PM   #511
KCStud
Ring of Famer
 
KCStud's Avatar
 
AmeriStanzi!

Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 5,901

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ View Post
Here is what you said moron:



What is the difference between choosing not to focus on the 80s teams and ignoring the 80s teams?

Please, explain that to me.

Now you are admiting you weren't alive in the 1980's so this is why you choose to ignore the 1980s and the 1970s, yet you still choose to remember the one SB win and Len Dawson, right?

You're a serious tard.
I said it in the post you moron. I didn't watch the 70's and 80's.
Why focus on those years when I didn't live them or watch the games?

And as I said multiple times, I was alive in the 80's. I was simply too young to understand what football was at the time.

I don't ignore the 70's or 80's. I just didn't live through it. When posters try to pull the "oh your Chiefs have always been a terrible franchise and you know all about suffering" it's hilarious because the Chiefs have actually had more winning seasons than not and I've seen them win playoff games. They aren't the Steelers by any means, but at the same time they aren't the Royals or Browns like this board motions that they are.
KCStud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 04:10 PM   #512
KCStud
Ring of Famer
 
KCStud's Avatar
 
AmeriStanzi!

Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 5,901

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwill07 View Post
Is there anyone in the universe that really hates anyone from KC though? KC has never prevented anyone from ever winning anything meaningful, not since 1994, anyways. Before you reference this thread, we are not talking about how we hate KC here... This is more about mocking futility.

Also, what do Elway, MJ, and LBJ all have in common?
KCStud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 04:18 PM   #513
KCStud
Ring of Famer
 
KCStud's Avatar
 
AmeriStanzi!

Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 5,901

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Correcting grammar on a message board. This is what life has come to on the Mane. So sad, and yet...pathetic.
KCStud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 05:48 PM   #514
Drunken.Broncoholic
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCStud View Post
Correcting grammar on a message board. This is what life has come to on the Mane. So sad, and yet...pathetic.
Correcting grammar may be considered negative. Having blatant spelling errors when there is an edit feature is downright hilarious.
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 06:06 PM   #515
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer
 
Tombstone RJ's Avatar
 
Old School

Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: In the Tetons!
Posts: 22,243

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCStud View Post
I said it in the post you moron. I didn't watch the 70's and 80's.
Why focus on those years when I didn't live them or watch the games?

And as I said multiple times, I was alive in the 80's. I was simply too young to understand what football was at the time.

I don't ignore the 70's or 80's. I just didn't live through it. When posters try to pull the "oh your Chiefs have always been a terrible franchise and you know all about suffering" it's hilarious because the Chiefs have actually had more winning seasons than not and I've seen them win playoff games. They aren't the Steelers by any means, but at the same time they aren't the Royals or Browns like this board motions that they are.
ok fine, whatever. I'm not sure what you are trying to prove by this argument but I'll just file it under "kc chef fan logic." In other words, you have to create a scenario that justifies your fandom and at the same time excuses the pathetic history of the last 40 years.

gotcha.
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 06:12 PM   #516
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum
 
broncosteven's Avatar
 
Juwan The Headless Thompson Gunner!

Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Tranquility Base
Posts: 36,428

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Juwan Thompson
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCStud View Post
I said it in the post you moron. I didn't watch the 70's and 80's.
Why focus on those years when I didn't live them or watch the games?

And as I said multiple times, I was alive in the 80's. I was simply too young to understand what football was at the time.

I don't ignore the 70's or 80's. I just didn't live through it. When posters try to pull the "oh your Chiefs have always been a terrible franchise and you know all about suffering" it's hilarious because the Chiefs have actually had more winning seasons than not and I've seen them win playoff games. They aren't the Steelers by any means, but at the same time they aren't the Royals or Browns like this board motions that they are.
So um what was their record again last year? Were you happy with it?
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 06:13 PM   #517
orangeatheist
Champion of the Godless
 
orangeatheist's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 3,159
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ View Post
ok fine, whatever. I'm not sure what you are trying to prove by this argument but I'll just file it under "kc chef fan logic." In other words, you have to create a scenario that justifies your fandom and at the same time excuses the pathetic history of the last 40 years.

gotcha.
^This

Reading through this futile exchange with KCDud, the above is really what it boils down to.

And, oh yeah, no matter how you slice it, the Chiefs suck.
orangeatheist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 06:19 PM   #518
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer
 
Tombstone RJ's Avatar
 
Old School

Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: In the Tetons!
Posts: 22,243

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncosteven View Post
So um what was their record again last year? Were you happy with it?
last year? kcdud doesn't count the losing years, he only acknowledges the winning years.
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 06:38 PM   #519
Ironlung
Terminator
 
Ironlung's Avatar
 
Snake Bitten

Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 1,032
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCStud View Post
This is what life has come to on the Mane. So sad, and yet...pathetic.
but is it more pathetic than a chef fan knowing what "life" is like on the mane?
Ironlung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 07:32 PM   #520
KCStud
Ring of Famer
 
KCStud's Avatar
 
AmeriStanzi!

Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 5,901

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ View Post
ok fine, whatever. I'm not sure what you are trying to prove by this argument but I'll just file it under "kc chef fan logic." In other words, you have to create a scenario that justifies your fandom and at the same time excuses the pathetic history of the last 40 years.

gotcha.
Create a scenario? Not being alive or old enough to understand what's going on is a scenario?
KCStud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 07:34 PM   #521
KCStud
Ring of Famer
 
KCStud's Avatar
 
AmeriStanzi!

Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 5,901

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ View Post
last year? kcdud doesn't count the losing years, he only acknowledges the winning years.
Says a poster of the board that says Tony G isn't better than Shannon Sharpe because of a SB championship, but yet Champ is the best CB to ever play.
KCStud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 08:13 PM   #522
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum
 
broncosteven's Avatar
 
Juwan The Headless Thompson Gunner!

Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Tranquility Base
Posts: 36,428

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Juwan Thompson
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCStud View Post
Says a poster of the board that says Tony G isn't better than Shannon Sharpe because of a SB championship, but yet Champ is the best CB to ever play.
Funny how KFC gives away their talent and doesn't replace them with equal or better talent!

BTW I would take Sharpe over TG any day. TG Disappears in big games.
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 08:37 PM   #523
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer
 
Tombstone RJ's Avatar
 
Old School

Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: In the Tetons!
Posts: 22,243

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCStud View Post
Says a poster of the board that says Tony G isn't better than Shannon Sharpe because of a SB championship, but yet Champ is the best CB to ever play.
care to show me that post because I never said that.
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 08:47 PM   #524
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer
 
Tombstone RJ's Avatar
 
Old School

Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: In the Tetons!
Posts: 22,243

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCStud View Post
Create a scenario? Not being alive or old enough to understand what's going on is a scenario?
Yah but how does that make sense now? Again, you are refusing to acknowledge parts of history in order to feel good about your team.

This is commonly referred to as denial.
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 09:08 PM   #525
Bronco Rob
Ring of Famer
 
Bronco Rob's Avatar
 
The Alpha & The Omega

Join Date: Apr 2001
Posts: 4,772

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Kush & Irsay
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadianbroncosfan View Post
moot*


Bronco Rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:05 AM.


Denver Broncos