The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-05-2012, 06:27 PM   #451
KCStud
Ring of Famer
 
KCStud's Avatar
 
AmeriStanzi!

Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 5,726

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken.Broncoholic View Post
Exactly how a bandwagon fan thinks. If you had any respect gained on this site, it got wiped out with that comment. Team history is an important part of what being a long term fan, player, employee, alum, cities are all about.
Teams change and that's the point of my post. The Broncos were the same old team until Ratty came and made the changes needed to help Elway win.
Saying a team is going to be the same as they were 30 years ago is foolish.
KCStud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 06:31 PM   #452
KCStud
Ring of Famer
 
KCStud's Avatar
 
AmeriStanzi!

Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 5,726

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken.Broncoholic View Post
This whole thread has to have has to use the Chiefs as an example cause that historical comparison holds water. And you are telling us SB appearances count so much.
My point exactly.
KCStud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 06:32 PM   #453
Drunken.Broncoholic
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCStud View Post
Teams change and that's the point of my post. The Broncos were the same old team until Ratty came and made the changes needed to help Elway win.
Saying a team is going to be the same as they were 30 years ago is foolish.
Bad teams change. They change ownership. They change cities. They change front offices. They change fans. Etc etc. the true elite franchises have all been consistent. I look at the steelers and see their fans FO and aura the same as decades ago. Same goes with other sports franchises who go decades without long slumps.
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 06:33 PM   #454
Drunken.Broncoholic
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCStud View Post
My point exactly.
I see you changed my words. Not sure why.
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 06:34 PM   #455
errand
Ring of Famer
 
errand's Avatar
 
Forgot more than you'll ever know

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Western NC mountains
Posts: 17,352
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCStud View Post
KC had the most wins of any team in the 90's, but continue to compare them to the Cleveland Browns.

I beg to differ ...SF 49ers had the most wins (113), followed by the Buffalo (103)...then your boys (102)

Again...know your history.
errand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 06:34 PM   #456
Stuck in Cali
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

It all boils down to is the Chiefs suck, and KcDud is clueless.
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 06:35 PM   #457
KCStud
Ring of Famer
 
KCStud's Avatar
 
AmeriStanzi!

Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 5,726

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken.Broncoholic View Post
Bad teams change. They change ownership. They change cities. They change front offices. They change fans. Etc etc. the true elite franchises have all been consistent. I look at the steelers and see their fans FO and aura the same as decades ago. Same goes with other sports franchises who go decades without long slumps.
Yes but not many teams have that kind of stability. That's what makes the Steelers one of the best organizations in sports.
KCStud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 06:36 PM   #458
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings
 
broncocalijohn's Avatar
 
I said Do It!

Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Lake Forest, Orange County, Calif.
Posts: 22,020

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuck in Cali View Post
If team history means jack ****, you need to pick another sport to follow, maybe darts might suit ya.
I dont know if that is a good idea. He would probably find a dart board that was missing the 12-16 but tell us how awesome his scores are hitting the 11s all day long while forgetting to mention the 17 through 20 and the bullseye has been in place the whole time.
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 06:37 PM   #459
Drunken.Broncoholic
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCStud View Post
Yes but not many teams have that kind of stability. That's what makes the Steelers one of the best organizations in sports.
And a reason why team history means something.
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 06:37 PM   #460
KCStud
Ring of Famer
 
KCStud's Avatar
 
AmeriStanzi!

Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 5,726

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by errand View Post
I beg to differ ...SF 49ers had the most wins (113), followed by the Buffalo (103)...then your boys (102)

Again...know your history.
I see the point blew right past you as usual.
KCStud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 06:52 PM   #461
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum
 
broncosteven's Avatar
 
Where is Amazon!

Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Tranquility Base
Posts: 34,698

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson!
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCStud View Post
Good job. Good effort.
The Thread title is KFC Sucks I was just getting it back on topic.
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 06:55 PM   #462
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer
 
Tombstone RJ's Avatar
 
Old School

Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: In the Tetons!
Posts: 22,038

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCStud View Post
Team history means jack ****. If it did, the Broncos wouldn't have won a SB in the 90's because they never could 37 years before.
Translation: kc's history for the past 40 years sucks so I chose to ignore it. I'mma here and now kinda guy.
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 07:01 PM   #463
KCStud
Ring of Famer
 
KCStud's Avatar
 
AmeriStanzi!

Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 5,726

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken.Broncoholic View Post
And a reason why team history means something.
They've had the same itinerary for years and it's worked great, but teams copy other teams success when they have to do well. The Bears and Raiders have had a similar structure too (though Al's plan sucked), but the Raiders are about to change everything.

Not many teams have the same plan for so many years.
KCStud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 07:03 PM   #464
KCStud
Ring of Famer
 
KCStud's Avatar
 
AmeriStanzi!

Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 5,726

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ View Post
Translation: kc's history for the past 40 years sucks so I chose to ignore it. I'mma here and now kinda guy.
More like I wasn't alive (or old enough to know football) in the worst 2 decades in franchise history.

The Broncos pre-97 were the Chiefs in my lifetime. Great teams that couldn't get it done when it mattered.
KCStud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 07:04 PM   #465
KCStud
Ring of Famer
 
KCStud's Avatar
 
AmeriStanzi!

Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 5,726

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncosteven View Post
The Thread title is KFC Sucks I was just getting it back on topic.
Well good job kid. Good effort.
KCStud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 07:16 PM   #466
Drunken.Broncoholic
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCStud View Post
More like I wasn't alive (or old enough to know football) in the worst 2 decades in franchise history.

The Broncos pre-97 were the Chiefs in my lifetime. Great teams that couldn't get it done when it mattered.
Not really. Since the broncos pre97 at least went to 4 superbowls, where as the chiefs in your lifetime hasn't gotten there at all.
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 07:28 PM   #467
UltimateHoboW/Shotgun
Don't piss off Manning.
 
UltimateHoboW/Shotgun's Avatar
 
Time to believe!

Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Gensis Planet
Posts: 6,432

Adopt-a-Bronco:
C.J. Anderson
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCStud View Post
More like I wasn't alive (or old enough to know football) in the worst 2 decades in franchise history.

The Broncos pre-97 were the Chiefs in my lifetime. Great teams that couldn't get it done when it mattered.

If we were the " Great team that couldn't get it done when it mattered." You guys are the " Team the that didn't matter to get anything done."
UltimateHoboW/Shotgun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 07:32 PM   #468
Broncobiv
Tee many martoonis
 
Broncobiv's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Tucson, AZ
Posts: 2,652
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCStud View Post
More like I wasn't alive (or old enough to know football) in the worst 2 decades in franchise history.

The Broncos pre-97 were the Chiefs in my lifetime. Great teams that couldn't get it done when it mattered.
The Broncos pre-97 made it to 4 Super Bowls. Calling them "great teams" is actually pretty accurate. But how many of your Chiefs teams, during your lifetime as you say, made it to the Super Bowl? None? How about just making it to the AFCC game? Once, and you lost it. In fact, during your lifetime (and even farther back - since 1969), the Chiefs have only won 3 playoff games, total. Only made it out of the divisional round one time. Since 1969. Wow.

Holy ****. Your franchise blows. Comparing them to the Broncos is beyond unfair to Denver. It seems that KC couldn't even get it done before it mattered...they never really got close.
Broncobiv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 07:36 PM   #469
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum
 
broncosteven's Avatar
 
Where is Amazon!

Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Tranquility Base
Posts: 34,698

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson!
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCStud View Post
Well good job kid. Good effort.
Steve Bono
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 07:45 PM   #470
UltimateHoboW/Shotgun
Don't piss off Manning.
 
UltimateHoboW/Shotgun's Avatar
 
Time to believe!

Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Gensis Planet
Posts: 6,432

Adopt-a-Bronco:
C.J. Anderson
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncobiv View Post
The Broncos pre-97 made it to 4 Super Bowls. Calling them "great teams" is actually pretty accurate. But how many of your Chiefs teams, during your lifetime as you say, made it to the Super Bowl? None? How about just making it to the AFCC game? Once, and you lost it. In fact, during your lifetime (and even farther back - since 1969), the Chiefs have only won 3 playoff games, total. Only made it out of the divisional round one time. Since 1969. Wow.

Holy ****. Your franchise blows. Comparing them to the Broncos is beyond unfair to Denver. It seems that KC couldn't even get it done before it mattered...they never really got close.
Here's the messed thing from all of that. Somehow there are more chefs in the HOF. WTF!
UltimateHoboW/Shotgun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 07:50 PM   #471
Anikai
PUP List
 
Anikai's Avatar
 
Champ Bailey's Beard

Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: NFC West
Posts: 246

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rod Smith
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimateHoboW/Shotgun View Post
Here's the messed thing from all of that. Somehow there are more chefs in the HOF. WTF!
Technically yes, but 1 John Elway is equal to 4 Queef HOFers
Anikai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 07:53 PM   #472
Anikai
PUP List
 
Anikai's Avatar
 
Champ Bailey's Beard

Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: NFC West
Posts: 246

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rod Smith
Default

Look at all these youtube videos I found of chiefs playoff wins:











And don't forget this one:







Good memories KFC
Anikai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 08:02 PM   #473
Anikai
PUP List
 
Anikai's Avatar
 
Champ Bailey's Beard

Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: NFC West
Posts: 246

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rod Smith
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by errand View Post
Fixed it for you.....
No they don't exist at all. Im starting to wonder who is populating the earth with these morons.. Sources say that there's one fat queen-ant style mother Chief, deep in a trailer somewhere in Missouri pumping out hundreds of Ricky Stanzi fans a day..
Anikai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 08:05 PM   #474
errand
Ring of Famer
 
errand's Avatar
 
Forgot more than you'll ever know

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Western NC mountains
Posts: 17,352
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCStud View Post
I see the point blew right past you as usual.
You said the chiefs was the winningest team of the '90s.... What other point was there?
errand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 08:13 PM   #475
KCStud
Ring of Famer
 
KCStud's Avatar
 
AmeriStanzi!

Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 5,726

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncobiv View Post
The Broncos pre-97 made it to 4 Super Bowls. Calling them "great teams" is actually pretty accurate. But how many of your Chiefs teams, during your lifetime as you say, made it to the Super Bowl? None? How about just making it to the AFCC game? Once, and you lost it. In fact, during your lifetime (and even farther back - since 1969), the Chiefs have only won 3 playoff games, total. Only made it out of the divisional round one time. Since 1969. Wow.

Holy ****. Your franchise blows. Comparing them to the Broncos is beyond unfair to Denver. It seems that KC couldn't even get it done before it mattered...they never really got close.
Again, I don't give a **** about KC being terrible in the 70's and 80's. I didn't watch it every year so your point is mute.
And you motioning that KC's SB doesn't matter is laughable.
KCStud is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:40 PM.


Denver Broncos