The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-03-2012, 09:41 PM   #376
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer
 
Tombstone RJ's Avatar
 
Old School

Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: In the Tetons!
Posts: 22,047

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCStud View Post
Do tell me about the great success your organization has had in the 37 years horse face wasn't on the team?
I admit the Broncos were lousy through the 60s and into the 70s, but the fans sold out the games non-the-less. The Broncos have made steady progress up until the SB wins and then things more or less flattened out.

I wonder how Manning feels about the Broncos. I wonder why he chose the Broncos over all the other franchises that wanted him. On the flip side, I know why he wouldn't give kc the time of day. It's funny how kc fans rave about how loaded the team is aside from the QB position yet Manning refused to even visit kc.

KCmud, this is your SB. The offseason is the time that chefs fans all come together and predict how swell their team is and how they are going to win the SB. Congrats on another off season where you win the imaginary SB!
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 09:44 PM   #377
Kaylore
Shall we begin?
 
Kaylore's Avatar
 
You should have let me sleep!

Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Ceti Alpha V
Posts: 46,013

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen
Default

Kc, and I told you my age. How old are you?
Kaylore is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 09:45 PM   #378
maher_tyler
Ring of Famer
 
maher_tyler's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: AZ
Posts: 6,143

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Champ Bailey
Default

Chiefs suck!
maher_tyler is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 09:46 PM   #379
KCStud
Ring of Famer
 
KCStud's Avatar
 
AmeriStanzi!

Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 5,739

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ View Post
I admit the Broncos were lousy through the 60s and into the 70s, but the fans sold out the games non-the-less. The Broncos have made steady progress up until the SB wins and then things more or less flattened out.

I wonder how Manning feels about the Broncos. I wonder why he chose the Broncos over all the other franchises that wanted him. On the flip side, I know why he wouldn't give kc the time of day. It's funny how kc fans rave about how loaded the team is aside from the QB position yet Manning refused to even visit kc.

KCmud, this is your SB. The offseason is the time that chefs fans all come together and predict how swell their team is and how they are going to win the SB. Congrats on another off season where you win the imaginary SB!
Manning chose the Broncos because of Horse Face. It's not that hard to see that.

And the Broncos had some trouble in the mid 60's if I do recall.

Btw the offseason is the Faiders SB time, numbnutz.
KCStud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 09:48 PM   #380
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer
 
Tombstone RJ's Avatar
 
Old School

Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: In the Tetons!
Posts: 22,047

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCStud View Post
Manning chose the Broncos because of Horse Face. It's not that hard to see that.

And the Broncos had some trouble in the mid 60's if I do recall.

Btw the offseason is the Faiders SB time, numbnutz.
the Elway effect, it's still working!!
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 09:48 PM   #381
KCStud
Ring of Famer
 
KCStud's Avatar
 
AmeriStanzi!

Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 5,739

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
Kc, and I told you my age. How old are you?
I'll give you a hint. I saw the Chiefs win their last playoff game.
KCStud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 09:51 PM   #382
KCStud
Ring of Famer
 
KCStud's Avatar
 
AmeriStanzi!

Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 5,739

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ View Post
the Elway effect, it's still working!!
Not really. Every pro athlete wants to play for their hero. I bet thousands of players would want to play for Larry Bird a few years ago. Even today kids want to play for Jordan even though his team sucks.
KCStud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 09:51 PM   #383
Shananahan
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCStud View Post
I'll give you a hint. I saw the Chiefs win their last playoff game.
That was pretty recent, though.
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 09:54 PM   #384
KCStud
Ring of Famer
 
KCStud's Avatar
 
AmeriStanzi!

Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 5,739

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shananahan View Post
That was pretty recent, though.
I'm no old man. Then again you're only as old as you feel.
KCStud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 09:54 PM   #385
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer
 
Tombstone RJ's Avatar
 
Old School

Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: In the Tetons!
Posts: 22,047

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCStud View Post
Not really. Every pro athlete wants to play for their hero. I bet thousands of players would want to play for Larry Bird a few years ago. Even today kids want to play for Jordan even though his team sucks.
so... what is your point? If you are saying that Elway is Manning's hero how is that a bad thing? If you are saying kc has no heros that Manning can look up to then yah, you are right.
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 09:55 PM   #386
Bronco Rob
Ring of Famer
 
Bronco Rob's Avatar
 
The Alpha & The Omega

Join Date: Apr 2001
Posts: 4,750

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Kush & Irsay
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCStud View Post
Do tell me about the great success your organization has had in the 37 years horse face wasn't on the team?


Here are some fun facts:

Going back to 1976, the Denver Broncos have had an equal number of Superbowl appearances as losing seasons (6). Over that same time span, The Kansas City Chiefs has had more losing seasons (18) than playoff appearances (11).

Since the Kansas City Chiefs last playoff win, every single AFC West team other than Kansas City has been to at least one Super Bowl, one of which won it twice.



Bronco Rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 09:59 PM   #387
KCStud
Ring of Famer
 
KCStud's Avatar
 
AmeriStanzi!

Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 5,739

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ View Post
so... what is your point? If you are saying that Elway is Manning's hero how is that a bad thing? If you are saying kc has no heros that Manning can look up to then yah, you are right.
Len Dawson says hi. He was before Manning's time though.
KCStud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 10:03 PM   #388
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings
 
broncocalijohn's Avatar
 
I said Do It!

Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Lake Forest, Orange County, Calif.
Posts: 22,056

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCStud View Post
Len Dawson says hi. He was before Manning's time though.
So did Montana go there because of Dawson?
Maybe it was the Dawson effect that brought Steve Bono to the Chiefs. Good God dude, stop. You are just getting deeper and deeper in the ****. We can go back to 1977 when the legacy started. That is 35 years ago! In that time, 6 Super Bowl appearances. KC? NONE!
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 10:04 PM   #389
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer
 
Tombstone RJ's Avatar
 
Old School

Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: In the Tetons!
Posts: 22,047

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCStud View Post
Len Dawson says hi. He was before Manning's time though.


he was before Elway's time too.
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 10:05 PM   #390
KCStud
Ring of Famer
 
KCStud's Avatar
 
AmeriStanzi!

Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 5,739

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncocalijohn View Post
So did Montana go there because of Dawson?
Maybe it was the Dawson effect that brought Steve Bono to the Chiefs. Good God dude, stop. You are just getting deeper and deeper in the ****. We can go back to 1977 when the legacy started. That is 35 years ago! In that time, 6 Super Bowl appearances. KC? NONE!
Bono was brought because of Carl. God dude, stop.

Cool Joe came to KC because he liked our team and franchise, obviously. So there goes your argument.
KCStud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 10:08 PM   #391
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer
 
Tombstone RJ's Avatar
 
Old School

Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: In the Tetons!
Posts: 22,047

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCStud View Post
Bono was brought because of Carl. God dude, stop.

Cool Joe came to KC because he liked our team and franchise, obviously. So there goes your argument.
It's Joe Cool btw...
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 10:08 PM   #392
KCStud
Ring of Famer
 
KCStud's Avatar
 
AmeriStanzi!

Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 5,739

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ View Post


he was before Elway's time too.
Oh so that means he doesn't matter. Typical Bronco logic. The 80's were over 20 years ago, maybe those years shouldn't count either because they were so long ago.
KCStud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 10:09 PM   #393
Stuck in Cali
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCStud View Post
Manning chose the Broncos because of Horse Face. It's not that hard to see that.

And the Broncos had some trouble in the mid 60's if I do recall.

Btw the offseason is the Faiders SB time, numbnutz.
Wow, never heard the term horse face before :p is that the best you can come up with? Bet you would give anything to of ever had him play for your loser team.

Bet you wish Manning would of at least taken a look at KC, wait he probably did and in 2 seconds he said hell no.

Fact is that Denver, with everything combined is and has been a superior franchise.
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 10:10 PM   #394
KCStud
Ring of Famer
 
KCStud's Avatar
 
AmeriStanzi!

Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 5,739

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ View Post
It's Joe Cool btw...
Best QB in NFL history btw
KCStud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 10:13 PM   #395
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings
 
broncocalijohn's Avatar
 
I said Do It!

Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Lake Forest, Orange County, Calif.
Posts: 22,056

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCStud View Post
Bono was brought because of Carl. God dude, stop.

Cool Joe came to KC because he liked our team and franchise, obviously. So there goes your argument.
Exactly, so why did you bring up Dawson as if that has any effect on QBs wanting to come to the Chiefs. That was my point. If QBs want to come to Denver because of Elway, that is pretty damn sweet. You have no one that a QB can hang on to to say, "Such and such were great QBs here and if they were franchise QBs for the Chiefs then I want to be a Chief."
Face it dude, there is no good face for the franchise except maybe one that died in a car accident and one that left a few years back for Atlanta. Montana isnt going to be the face of that hick **** of a franchise. You would have more recognition with George Brett than any former player of the Chiefs.
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 10:16 PM   #396
KCStud
Ring of Famer
 
KCStud's Avatar
 
AmeriStanzi!

Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 5,739

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuck in Cali View Post
Wow, never heard the term horse face before :p is that the best you can come up with? Bet you would give anything to of ever had him play for your loser team.

Bet you wish Manning would of at least taken a look at KC, wait he probably did and in 2 seconds he said hell no.

Fact is that Denver, with everything combined is and has been a superior franchise.
By 1 SB ha
KCStud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 10:17 PM   #397
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer
 
Tombstone RJ's Avatar
 
Old School

Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: In the Tetons!
Posts: 22,047

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCStud View Post
Oh so that means he doesn't matter. Typical Bronco logic. The 80's were over 20 years ago, maybe those years shouldn't count either because they were so long ago.
You are the one who said that Manning chose the Broncos because of Elway. This is your logic.
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 10:20 PM   #398
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer
 
Tombstone RJ's Avatar
 
Old School

Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: In the Tetons!
Posts: 22,047

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCStud View Post
Best QB in NFL history btw
One of the best for sure, but he's not a chef, he's a niner.
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 10:22 PM   #399
KCStud
Ring of Famer
 
KCStud's Avatar
 
AmeriStanzi!

Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 5,739

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncocalijohn View Post
Exactly, so why did you bring up Dawson as if that has any effect on QBs wanting to come to the Chiefs. That was my point. If QBs want to come to Denver because of Elway, that is pretty damn sweet. You have no one that a QB can hang on to to say, "Such and such were great QBs here and if they were franchise QBs for the Chiefs then I want to be a Chief."
Face it dude, there is no good face for the franchise except maybe one that died in a car accident and one that left a few years back for Atlanta. Montana isnt going to be the face of that hick **** of a franchise. You would have more recognition with George Brett than any former player of the Chiefs.
I brought up Dawson because he is a hero. And so is Joe Delaney dumbass. Will Shields, Tony G, Bobby Bell, Hank Stram, Otis Taylor, Willie Lanier, Emmit Thomas, Buck Buchanon.

You have no clue what you're talking about man.
KCStud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 10:23 PM   #400
KCStud
Ring of Famer
 
KCStud's Avatar
 
AmeriStanzi!

Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 5,739

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ View Post
One of the best for sure, but he's not a chef, he's a niner.
Pretty sure he is the best. He owned on the 49ers. He even owned Elway at his own game on a different team.
KCStud is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:34 PM.


Denver Broncos