The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 06-09-2012, 06:34 PM   #76
baja
It is what it Is.

Pay attention.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius Thomas

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghwk View Post
Yeah that's the one and since it was demo day we were able to get it for $350 but with the single carafe which is fine for us right now.
ThAts an excellant deal. Good for you.
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 11:01 PM   #77
ghwk
Ring of Famer

DOUBLE JESUS MUTHER EFFERS!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Be Smokin

Quote:
Originally Posted by baja View Post
ThAts an excellant deal. Good for you.
Thanks, will start using it tomorrow!
ghwk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 03:30 AM   #78
Taco John
24/7 Broncos

Peddling the Orange Addiction

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning

I've found my vitamix to be awesome for steak marinades.
Taco John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 04:25 AM   #79
Ratboy
It's all over...

ಠ_ಠ

I just tossed some pineapple and ice in mine.

Rather have just had the pineapple.
Ratboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 08:15 AM   #80
hades
Dallas biggest Bronco fan

Location: They've done studies you know.... 60% of the time, it works every time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish Stout View Post
I bought a Breville juicer a year ago at Bed Bath and Beyond with the 20% off coupon. Cost about $150 and was the best purchase I have ever made. I did a ten day juice cleanse and rid myself of hives I had from severe allergies. I also lost 17 pounds of unwanted belly and found a new energy to stay focused on healthy eating and exercise.

Now I do a 5 day juice cleanse once every two to three months and a ten day cleanse once a year. Each time I feel better and more energized moving forward. I think its a great way to clear out your system and get your mind and body back on track for a more fit lifestyle.

Great juicing (not blending) recipes here:
http://www.jointhereboot.com/index.p...id=695&lang=en

I like the Great Green Fruity Mix and the Mexican Jugo.
I just recently bought the Jack Lalane juicer, and so far I am loving it. The mock V8 juice recipe I found is pretty good, had it for breakfast the last 3 days. Not a bad investment for $90 at Costco.

Does not compare to a Vitamix, but for what I wanted to use it for, only juicing, it's been great.

Plain old carrot juice is surprisingly good too!
hades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 11:11 AM   #81
baja
It is what it Is.

Pay attention.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius Thomas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ratboy View Post
I just tossed some pineapple and ice in mine.

Rather have just had the pineapple.
It's better to add water to cover the fruit or veggies

throw in some coconut with that pineapple cover with water and blend

vola you have a great pina colada
Old 06-10-2012, 12:20 PM   #82
Randall Flagg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronco Yoda View Post
Anyone try any of the cheaper blenders out there like the Ninja?

We juiced years ago but the cleanup was just such a pain in the butt. I'd like to get something that just grinds everything up without having to cut too much and without the pulpy mess. Fast & easy would be nice if I'm going to use it.

I was just shopping around the other day for one. I was amazed at how many different models there are and how many different options. The prices and options vary so much it's crazy.

I really don't want to spend over $250 for a stupid blender. They were selling some at the stores for over $600 which to me is just stupid.
My Wife and I have both (the Vitamix for close to 20 years) and, while they both do a really nice job at what they do, I personally prefer the Vitamix.

I really enjoy making hot soup AND ice cream in the VitaMix - The Ninja system works really well for "quick fix" drinks and mixing.

Granted - the VitaMix is a damned expensive machine. but the idea that we've had (and used) ours for nearly 20 years kind of takes the "sting" out of it....
Old 07-01-2012, 10:45 AM   #83
hades

Location: They've done studies you know.... 60% of the time, it works every time

TTT, .
Gotta say a big Thanks to Taco John for this thread.

I did not get a Vitamix, or blender type machine, I got a Jack Lalanne juicer, and just recenlty an Omega 8006 juicer (much better for leafy veggies than the Lalanne model).

I started the "juice" thing because of this thread almost 4 weeks ago. So far, between juicing and working out, I am taking about %30 less insulin on a daily basis (been type 1 diabetic for over 40 years now). I have not "eaten" breakfast since I started juicing, only had various types of juices, and my wife and I are loving it! Started wheatgrass juice a couple weeks ago too, and started growing my own here, it is really simple to grow.

And who knew carrot juice looks so orange, it's crazy bright!
Old 07-01-2012, 11:51 AM   #84
ghwk
Ring of Famer

DOUBLE JESUS MUTHER EFFERS!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Be Smokin

We are loving ours too. Will be doing piņa coladas on the 4th!
ghwk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 01:34 PM   #85
IHaveALight
the sun is gone

Adopt-a-Bronco:
John Moffitt

Quote:
Originally Posted by hades View Post
TTT, .

I did not get a Vitamix, or blender type machine, I got a Jack Lalanne juicer, and just recenlty an Omega 8006 juicer (much better for leafy veggies than the Lalanne model).

I started the "juice" thing because of this thread almost 4 weeks ago. So far, between juicing and working out, I am taking about %30 less insulin on a daily basis (been type 1 diabetic for over 40 years now). I have not "eaten" breakfast since I started juicing, only had various types of juices, and my wife and I are loving it! Started wheatgrass juice a couple weeks ago too, and started growing my own here, it is really simple to grow.

Omega 8000 series makes the best tasting juice I've ever had. Try plain carrot in the Lalanne and than plain carrot in the omega. Completely different experience. Every home should have a Vitamix/Blendtec and an Omega 8000 series

Reversing diabetes...

IHaveALight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 01:48 PM   #86
hades

Quote:
Originally Posted by IHaveALight View Post
Omega 8000 series makes the best tasting juice I've ever had. Try plain carrot in the Lalanne and than plain carrot in the omega. Completely different experience. Every home should have a Vitamix/Blendtec and an Omega 8000 series

Reversing diabetes...
That Omega, or any twin screw type are awesome, but more money than I wanted to spend. The masticating type I have is sufficient for what I needed, and you're right, and the carrot juice is different tasting. I like the Lalanne juicer for larger items, watermelon, apples, oranges, etc. juice pretty good out of it, and it is much faster for a quick juice.

I'm type 1, so no diet or medication other than insulin will ever keep me alive, my pancreas no workie... And I've never been over weight, not as a child or an adult. A lot of people think diabetics are always fat, not really true. Over weight people are more prone to type 2 diabetes however, than an average weight, healthy adult is.
Old 07-01-2012, 02:10 PM   #87
IHaveALight
the sun is gone

Adopt-a-Bronco:
John Moffitt

Quote:
That Omega, or any twin screw type are awesome, but more money than I wanted to spend. The masticating type I have is sufficient for what I needed, and you're right, and the carrot juice is different tasting. I like the Lalanne juicer for larger items, watermelon, apples, oranges, etc. juice pretty good out of it, and it is much faster for a quick juice.

I'm type 1, so no diet or medication other than insulin will ever keep me alive, my pancreas no workie... And I've never been over weight, not as a child or an adult. A lot of people think diabetics are always fat, not really true. Over weight people are more prone to type 2 diabetes however, than an average weight, healthy adult is.
There have been some cases of complete reversal with type 1. Type 2 is much easier though.
Old 07-01-2012, 07:32 PM   #88
baja
It is what it Is.

Pay attention.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius Thomas

Quote:
TTT, .

I am so happy to hear you have found the wonderful world of Juicing / blending

May I suggest a great book for starting down this road. Green for Life

Also for you travelers out there that want to have quality juice on the road but do not want to pack a big heavy blender with you.

I have been searching for years for a light weight machine that would do a quality job and yesterday I finally found the perfect answer.

Old 07-01-2012, 08:20 PM   #89
hades

Thanks for the suggestion on the book Baja. Does it also cover recipes for juicers, since I can't really make a smoothie in the juicers I have. Guess I can dig out the old blender and perhaps add juices I make to other ingredients to make a smoothie maybe? Heck, if I even still have a blender, need to look!
Old 07-01-2012, 08:40 PM   #90
baja
It is what it Is.

Pay attention.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius Thomas

Quote:
Thanks for the suggestion on the book Baja. Does it also cover recipes for juicers, since I can't really make a smoothie in the juicers I have. Guess I can dig out the old blender and perhaps add juices I make to other ingredients to make a smoothie maybe? Heck, if I even still have a blender, need to look!
No not really but it's worth a read because juices, while great for cleansing, after some time you will find you will need the complete nutrition that blended whole foods gives you and this book offers a great explanation as to why whole raw blended foods.

A great web site for a juice cleanse is http://www.juicefeasting.com/

What I do is ever season change I juice for a week to ten days and the rest of the time it's mostly smoothies which are covered very well in Green for life. Yu can also google David Wolfe + Nutri Bullet ( The inexpensive but powerful travel blender I linked earlier and learn why blended is better for everyday nutrition

I noticed you are dealing with diabetes 1 have you seen this?

http://www.gabrielcousens.com/PROGRA...S/Default.aspx
Old 07-01-2012, 08:58 PM   #91
baja
It is what it Is.

Pay attention.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius Thomas

Quote:

Reversing diabetes...

I really like my Green Star juicer have you tried that one?
Old 07-01-2012, 09:41 PM   #92
hades

Quote:
No not really but it's worth a read because juices, while great for cleansing, after some time you will find you will need the complete nutrition that blended whole foods gives you and this book offers a great explanation as to why whole raw blended foods.

A great web site for a juice cleanse is http://www.juicefeasting.com/

What I do is ever season change I juice for a week to ten days and the rest of the time it's mostly smoothies which are covered very well in Green for life. Yu can also google David Wolfe + Nutri Bullet ( The inexpensive but powerful travel blender I linked earlier and learn why blended is better for everyday nutrition

I noticed you are dealing with diabetes 1 have you seen this?

http://www.gabrielcousens.com/PROGRA...S/Default.aspx
Never seen that until today, but holy cow, $12 grand for the diabetic 21 day program! I just have a hard time believing you can stop taking insulin. Sure, if your pancreas is making some, but not enough so you have to take a shot, but you need insulin to convert sugar to energy. I'm not a veagan, but it is rare I eat meat, but there are carbs in a lot of fruit and veggies that will raise your blood sugar, and your liver can release stored sugar if it thinks you need energy.

Juicing has helped lower my insulin requirement, along with exercise. I can say I juice fruits and take a lot less insulin than I would have if I ate them. I always get high blood glucose levels if I eat an orange. The other day I juiced an orange and 2 carrots and took about %60 of the insulin I probably would have if I ate those items. Weird, but it's like there are fewer carbs in the juice, maybe the pulp that is left over contains a decent amount, not sure.

Edit: I found our blender, so tomorrow I am making a smoothie with some wheatgrass juice, sounds better than a straight shot of it!
Old 07-01-2012, 09:41 PM   #93
IHaveALight
the sun is gone

Adopt-a-Bronco:
John Moffitt

Quote:
I really like my Green Star juicer have you tried that one?
Yep, I have one of those too. It's a good juicer but I definitely prefer the omega. I'm actually willing to sell the Green Star if anyone in the Denver area is interested.
Old 07-01-2012, 09:44 PM   #94
IHaveALight
the sun is gone

Adopt-a-Bronco:
John Moffitt

Quote:
http://www.amazon.com/The-Juicemans-...y+kordich+book

http://www.schoolofjuicing.com/sp/84...icing-raw-food
Old 07-01-2012, 09:55 PM   #95
IHaveALight
the sun is gone

Adopt-a-Bronco:
John Moffitt

Quote:
Never seen that until today, but holy cow, $12 grand for the diabetic 21 day program! I just have a hard time believing you can stop taking insulin. Sure, if your pancreas is making some, but not enough so you have to take a shot, but you need insulin to convert sugar to energy. I'm not a veagan, but it is rare I eat meat, but there are carbs in a lot of fruit and veggies that will raise your blood sugar, and your liver can release stored sugar if it thinks you need energy.

Juicing has helped lower my insulin requirement, along with exercise. I can say I juice fruits and take a lot less insulin than I would have if I ate them. I always get high blood glucose levels if I eat an orange. The other day I juiced an orange and 2 carrots and took about %60 of the insulin I probably would have if I ate those items. Weird, but it's like there are fewer carbs in the juice, maybe the pulp that is left over contains a decent amount, not sure.

Edit: I found our blender, so tomorrow I am making a smoothie with some wheatgrass juice, sounds better than a straight shot of it!
Eliminate fat from your diet and you'll notice a huge difference in how your body reacts to and utilizes carbs. Completely eliminate overt fats, meat, dairy, oils, nuts, seeds, avocados, coconut. Get your omegas from greens, 2 lbs a day (juicing makes this easy). After healing, I would say it'd be safe to reintroduce nuts, seeds and high fat fruit, in small amounts. Like a handful of nuts a day or 1 avocado.

http://www.amazon.com/Neal-Barnards-...rsing+diabetes

Last edited by IHaveALight; 07-01-2012 at 09:59 PM..
Old 07-01-2012, 11:44 PM   #96
IHaveALight
the sun is gone

Adopt-a-Bronco:
John Moffitt

Quote:
Though I don't care for it personally, from my past experience wheatgrass juice should always be taken by itself on an empty stomach. Used to make me sick other wise. But mainly I just wanted to say make sure to juice the wheatgrass first, never use whole wheatgrass for smoothies.
Old 07-02-2012, 04:04 AM   #97
baja
It is what it Is.

Pay attention.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius Thomas

Quote:
Though I don't care for it personally, from my past experience wheatgrass juice should always be taken by itself on an empty stomach. Used to make me sick other wise. But mainly I just wanted to say make sure to juice the wheatgrass first, never use whole wheatgrass for smoothies.
I agree with this wheatgrass should be taken by it self. Best to have an orange wedge after the shot of wheatgrass to kill the after taste.

Quote:
hades - Edit: I found our blender, so tomorrow I am making a smoothie with some wheatgrass juice, sounds better than a straight shot of it!
A word of caution; making green smoothies with a regular blender will turn you off to the wonderful world green juices. A regular blender oes not have the power of blade configuration to break down the cell walls of the fruit and greens and will leave you with a whorled up aural tasting mess. You really need to buy either a Vitamix or a BlendTeck or the 600 watt NutriBullet (Not the cheaper Bullet). You can get a Nutri Bullet at Bed & Bath for 99 dollars and they have coupons for 20% off.

[IMG]javascript:showOverlay('20612540081076P');[/IMG]
Old 07-02-2012, 07:19 AM   #98
hades

Quote:
I agree with this wheatgrass should be taken by it self. Best to have an orange wedge after the shot of wheatgrass to kill the after taste.

A word of caution; making green smoothies with a regular blender will turn you off to the wonderful world green juices. A regular blender oes not have the power of blade configuration to break down the cell walls of the fruit and greens and will leave you with a whorled up aural tasting mess. You really need to buy either a Vitamix or a BlendTeck or the 600 watt NutriBullet (Not the cheaper Bullet). You can get a Nutri Bullet at Bed & Bath for 99 dollars and they have coupons for 20% off.
The recipe I'm using is you juice an orange and wheatgrass seperately, add to a blender with ice and mix it up, sorta like an orange julius (man, blast from the past!). I usually do the wheatgrass shot by itself, or sometimes follow up with a strawberry about an hour before dinner. The recipe is in one of the wheatgrass books I got, I think the one with the growing kit maybe.

Last edited by hades; 07-02-2012 at 07:29 AM..
Old 07-24-2012, 02:45 PM   #99
Josh007

Default VitaMix Amazing

You can't beat the Vitamix for sheer blending power and diversity. You want perfect ice crushed for that umbrella drink Done, you want soup yes it can boil water Done, you want an amazing (taste and health wise) smootie or coffee drink Done! It's a very diverse machine that you should have on your counter top! That's the secret KEEP it On your counter so you use it! Oh and clean up is so easy a little warm water and a drop of dish soap Clean!
Old 07-24-2012, 03:25 PM   #100
baja
It is what it Is.

Pay attention.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius Thomas

If a Vita Mix is too costly or you need a great travel blender get this;

http://www.nutribullet.com/

Last edited by baja; 07-24-2012 at 03:27 PM..