The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 06-23-2012, 05:30 PM   #51
Bacchus

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyR View Post
This is a Denver Broncos forum and people are complaining about others posting links to stories about the Broncos?
confusing to me as well
Old 06-23-2012, 07:25 PM   #52
Jetmeck
Not a Chief's board

Quote:
This is a Denver Broncos forum and people are complaining about others posting links to stories about the Broncos?
Exactly and thanks for pointing to the obvious. I want all my Bronco info conveniently located so I say thank you. Rest of you get you panties straightened up....ok ?
Jetmeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 07:30 PM   #53
lonestar
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker

Quote:
Originally Posted by errand View Post
While I agree he needs to stay healthy, there have been several guys who started their careers with reputations of being injury-prone....Fred Taylor use to be called "Fragile Freddie" in his early days in Jax, especially after missing 23 of 48 games between '99-'02....and he had a pretty decent career rushing for damn near 12,000 yards. Terrell Davis was considered an injury risk coming outta UGa...and he turned out ok...

Thomas is young enough to recover from his early mishaps and produce like a big time player.
until he was injured again..
lonestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 07:31 PM   #54
lonestar
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker

Quote:
Originally Posted by baja View Post
Amazing isn't it

Many be should rename this the Orange Whine.
nice play on words.. reps to you
Old 06-29-2012, 05:25 PM   #55
Bronco Rob
Ring of Famer

The Alpha & The Omega

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Kush & Irsay

Demaryius Thomas has been a wide receiver in the NFL for two years now and evidently hasn't spent a lot of time learning to run routes. I guess it's not all that necessary when you're watching for Kyle Orton or Tim Tebow to deliver you the football.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-sh...9673--nfl.html
Bronco Rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 06:58 PM   #56
Shananahan

Somebody should make a thread about that.
Old 06-29-2012, 07:36 PM   #57
Bronco Rob
Ring of Famer

The Alpha & The Omega

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Kush & Irsay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bacchus View Post
Ok, and what do I care about that? I would not be going to any of these sites to look for Broncos' news if Rob was not providing links. They should be kissing his ass that he is providing links to their stories. They need to put Rob onsome sort of payroll if you ask me.

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by baja View Post
Amazing isn't it

Many be should rename this the Orange Whine.

Old 06-29-2012, 09:26 PM   #58
BroncoMan4ever
Ring of Famer

That's just like your opinion, man

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VIRGIL GREEN!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronco Rob View Post
Demaryius Thomas has been a wide receiver in the NFL for two years now and evidently hasn't spent a lot of time learning to run routes. I guess it's not all that necessary when you're watching for Kyle Orton or Tim Tebow to deliver you the football.

well when Orton is either curled into a ball or locked onto Lloyd and Tebow was tucking and running or throwing into the dirt there was really no reason to do proper route running.
BroncoMan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 09:39 PM   #59
MrPeepers
Ring of Famer

Remember Darrent

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TBD

just finished my 7 last month.
MrPeepers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 09:52 PM   #60
lonestar
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker

yep blame everyone but DT for his lack of effort in this area.. Is there a lack of desire on his part to KNOW his job.. Has the coaching been that bad, that they did not teach him.. And EVEN if he was injured or his QB's were not Manning IMO it comes with the pay check to know your job and work at it.. learning the route tree does not mean he has to be on the field running them all the time.. Loads of this game is mental and if the mental prep has not been done, trying to run the tree well is not gonna happen.. just maybe the QB's had little faith in him and that was the reason they did not make him the Numero Uno guy.. I know that Manning will not waste time on him if he does not have it down stone cold .. he will look at him last after all the other options.. Someone on NFLN mentioned regardless the commentary should not have been even brought up.. I agree, perhaps he has no common sense.. Or worse..
Old 06-30-2012, 06:07 AM   #61
Drunk Monkey
Mars b****es!!!

Quote:

On topic. Demaryius is on the cusp of having an epic season, Manning has never had a receiver the caliber of Thomas. Look for him to shatter all previous receiving records and be placed in the patheon of alltime Bronco greats.

Book it!

Reggie Wayne was no slouch... Marvin Harrison also managed to catch a few balls. I hope you are right about him breaking records but I am going to set my expectations a little lower. 80 catches, 1,200 yds and 9 TD's. He does that and I am happy.
Drunk Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 11:31 AM   #62
Bronco Rob
Ring of Famer

The Alpha & The Omega

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Kush & Irsay

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoMan4ever View Post
well when Orton is either curled into a ball or locked onto Lloyd and Tebow was tucking and running or throwing into the dirt there was really no reason to do proper route running.

I guess it's not all that necessary when you're quarterbacks were Kyle Orton or Tim Tebow waiting for them to deliver you the football.
Old 06-30-2012, 12:02 PM   #63
Shananahan

Come to think of it, it's probably not all that necessary when your quarterbacks were Kyle Orton or Tim Tebow waiting for them to deliver you the football.
Old 06-30-2012, 12:07 PM   #64
Broncobiv
Tee many martoonis

Quote:

Come on man, really? This is getting pathetic.

First of all, someone else already created a new thread with this exact same article 8 hours prior. So basically you just used it as an excuse to bump your own thread, which nobody had replied to for 6 DAYS, in order to get it to the top of the forum again.

BR's desperate need for attention knows no bounds...
Broncobiv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 12:14 PM   #65
Broncobiv
Tee many martoonis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shananahan View Post
Come to think of it, it's probably not all that necessary when your quarterbacks were Kyle Orton or Tim Tebow waiting for them to deliver you the football.
He thought it was such a good line, it deserved to be posted verbatim twice, 7 posts apart. I guess it was time to bump the thread again! Hell, I guess it's better than hs standard go-to post:

[someone posts something that praises BR]
[BR replies with nothing but his favorite "thumbs-up" emoticon]

So I suppose we should consider this progress?

Last edited by Broncobiv; 06-30-2012 at 12:16 PM..
Broncobiv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 05:09 PM   #66
Bacchus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncobiv View Post
Come on man, really? This is getting pathetic.

First of all, someone else already created a new thread with this exact same article 8 hours prior. So basically you just used it as an excuse to bump your own thread, which nobody had replied to for 6 DAYS, in order to get it to the top of the forum again.

BR's desperate need for attention knows no bounds...
Wow, and you're keeping track of this. Good job!
Old 06-30-2012, 07:10 PM   #67
BroncoMan4ever
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VIRGIL GREEN!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonestar View Post
yep blame everyone but DT for his lack of effort in this area.. Is there a lack of desire on his part to KNOW his job.. Has the coaching been that bad, that they did not teach him.. And EVEN if he was injured or his QB's were not Manning IMO it comes with the pay check to know your job and work at it.. learning the route tree does not mean he has to be on the field running them all the time.. Loads of this game is mental and if the mental prep has not been done, trying to run the tree well is not gonna happen.. just maybe the QB's had little faith in him and that was the reason they did not make him the Numero Uno guy.. I know that Manning will not waste time on him if he does not have it down stone cold .. he will look at him last after all the other options.. Someone on NFLN mentioned regardless the commentary should not have been even brought up.. I agree, perhaps he has no common sense.. Or worse..
in all fairness to DT and his overall game; he has been injured quite a bit since he was drafted. coming out of college he had the foot injury and wasn't a big participant in camp and once the regular season started injuries crept up again and Orton was all about finding Brandon Lloyd. so not a great year to learn his craft. add in, most receivers don't hit the ground running coming out of college.

year 2 he was coming off a torn achilles and missed camp and the first 6 games of the season. he also had 2 years of seeing Tebow missing on throws and throwing into the dirt. now coming back from injury is tough, a guy may be healed but he may not have complete confidence in the newly healed limb. this is evident in that he wasn't a big factor for the 1st 6 weeks he was back on the field by a lack of production.

now in his defense about the route running, yes it was dumb to admit to, but really i don't think route running was being heavily emphasized in the offense last season. i'd wager that coaches were telling the receivers "run the route, but if the ball isn't out after 3 seconds start blocking" now if you are a young receiver, chances are your going to see your QB throwing on average 10 passes a game maybe 4 of which are catchable; how much effort is realistically going to be put into proper route running?

under the circumstances of the QB position the last 2 seasons it is too soon to label DT a bad player or route runner or Decker as a guy incapable of getting separation or both of them as players who drop a lot of balls. if that continues this season with a full TC and preseason worth of work with a great passer then we can start to worry and call out these guys.
Old 06-30-2012, 07:43 PM   #68
lonestar
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker

Quote:
in all fairness to DT and his overall game; he has been injured quite a bit since he was drafted. coming out of college he had the foot injury and wasn't a big participant in camp and once the regular season started injuries crept up again and Orton was all about finding Brandon Lloyd. so not a great year to learn his craft. add in, most receivers don't hit the ground running coming out of college.

year 2 he was coming off a torn achilles and missed camp and the first 6 games of the season. he also had 2 years of seeing Tebow missing on throws and throwing into the dirt. now coming back from injury is tough, a guy may be healed but he may not have complete confidence in the newly healed limb. this is evident in that he wasn't a big factor for the 1st 6 weeks he was back on the field by a lack of production.

now in his defense about the route running, yes it was dumb to admit to, but really i don't think route running was being heavily emphasized in the offense last season. i'd wager that coaches were telling the receivers "run the route, but if the ball isn't out after 3 seconds start blocking" now if you are a young receiver, chances are your going to see your QB throwing on average 10 passes a game maybe 4 of which are catchable; how much effort is realistically going to be put into proper route running?

under the circumstances of the QB position the last 2 seasons it is too soon to label DT a bad player or route runner or Decker as a guy incapable of getting separation or both of them as players who drop a lot of balls. if that continues this season with a full TC and preseason worth of work with a great passer then we can start to worry and call out these guys.
Good well thought out post..

But that said.. playing football is not just physical lots of it is mental and he has had loads of mental time since being drafted and frankly before while in college to plan for the future..

Who knows had he put more mental time in just maybe he would have not been there for Josh to pick up..

I do realize that the game is physical and the only time you get those reps are a few in practice and then in games..With him being injured he lost some of that..

But again, saying I have to learn the route tree now that Manning is here can not be making Peyton a happy camper either..

Maybe they need to have part of the rookie symposium an "It is better to be thought a fool than to open ones mouth and remove all doubt" Class..

from what everyone says he is a personable guy and supposedly smart, but so far the jury is still out on him IMO.

Most of us thought the same thing about BM and look how many things that thug has been traded because he is a locker room cancer and WAS a wife beater..

The WR corp could be very good this year or Manning is in deep do-do..
Old 06-30-2012, 07:59 PM   #69
BroncoMan4ever
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VIRGIL GREEN!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonestar View Post
Good well thought out post..

But that said.. playing football is not just physical lots of it is mental and he has had loads of mental time since being drafted and frankly before while in college to plan for the future..

Who knows had he put more mental time in just maybe he would have not been there for Josh to pick up..

I do realize that the game is physical and the only time you get those reps are a few in practice and then in games..With him being injured he lost some of that..

But again, saying I have to learn the route tree now that Manning is here can not be making Peyton a happy camper either..

Maybe they need to have part of the rookie symposium an "It is better to be thought a fool than to open ones mouth and remove all doubt" Class..

from what everyone says he is a personable guy and supposedly smart, but so far the jury is still out on him IMO.

Most of us thought the same thing about BM and look how many things that thug has been traded because he is a locker room cancer and WAS a wife beater..

The WR corp could be very good this year or Manning is in deep do-do..
i think the Marshall comparisons are lacking beyond the physical standpoint. for all intents and purposes DT is a great teammate and a good locker room guy. aside from a questionable choice in friends as a pro he hasn't been a distraction or a bad person in the city. with Marshall we all saw that he was a fun guy, but could also be an absolute turd, and his stupidity only mounted after everything with DWill(RIP)

granted it has only been a little over a year since his brush with trouble that was mainly Cox's fault and he was just a bystander, but he has kept himself out of trouble and out of the spotlight. Marshall couldn't do that.

now i don't know about DT's intelligence or lack thereof but i don't think his recent comments about having to be in shape or route running were the result of stupidity. lack of judgment and proper clarification is more how i interpret his comments.

to me, his saying i need to be in shape to run this offense, was him saying poorly, i need to get back to doing the things i need to, to be an NFL receiver, when over last season he was a downfield blocker more than a receiver and because of that he wasn't necessarily doing all the little things to be a receiving weapon.

his route running comment wasn't saying "i don't know what the routes are" it was saying, "i now have a QB that can make all the throws and i need to be capable of running all possible routes on the route tree, not just the few that Orton or Tebow were capable of throwing"
Old 06-30-2012, 08:29 PM   #70
lonestar
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker

Quote:
i think the Marshall comparisons are lacking beyond the physical standpoint. for all intents and purposes DT is a great teammate and a good locker room guy. aside from a questionable choice in friends as a pro he hasn't been a distraction or a bad person in the city. with Marshall we all saw that he was a fun guy, but could also be an absolute turd, and his stupidity only mounted after everything with DWill(RIP)

granted it has only been a little over a year since his brush with trouble that was mainly Cox's fault and he was just a bystander, but he has kept himself out of trouble and out of the spotlight. Marshall couldn't do that.

now i don't know about DT's intelligence or lack thereof but i don't think his recent comments about having to be in shape or route running were the result of stupidity. lack of judgment and proper clarification is more how i interpret his comments.

to me, his saying i need to be in shape to run this offense, was him saying poorly, i need to get back to doing the things i need to, to be an NFL receiver, when over last season he was a downfield blocker more than a receiver and because of that he wasn't necessarily doing all the little things to be a receiving weapon.

his route running comment wasn't saying "i don't know what the routes are" it was saying, "i now have a QB that can make all the throws and i need to be capable of running all possible routes on the route tree, not just the few that Orton or Tebow were capable of throwing"
BM was thought of highly from most that knew him, writers, players and some adoring fans..

now DT did not have that becasue he came in hurt and seemed to not get on the field.. so few fans thought much of him and on top of all that he was Joshes boy, mistake or what ever..

From what I have been told he is a top ten in the wonderlick in his draft class.. SO perhaps it is not smarts but common sense..
Old 06-30-2012, 10:06 PM   #71
Bronco Rob
Ring of Famer

The Alpha & The Omega

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Kush & Irsay

Quote:

His litmus test....their litmus test will be this season and who better to learn from than Peyton Manning, won't find a better mentor than Stokley.

Old 06-30-2012, 10:27 PM   #72
BroncoMan4ever
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VIRGIL GREEN!!!

Quote:
His litmus test....their litmus test will be this season and who better to learn from than Peyton Manning, won't find a better mentor than Stokley.

agree completely. Decker has been smart to glue himself to Peyton since Peyton signed. but quite possibly the biggest help to them is Stokley since he knows exactly how to work with Peyton.
Old 07-01-2012, 12:06 AM   #73
Shananahan

Quote:
won't find a better mentor than Stokley.
Old 07-01-2012, 03:35 PM   #74
Bronco Rob
Ring of Famer

The Alpha & The Omega

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Kush & Irsay

Quote:
agree completely. Decker has been smart to glue himself to Peyton since Peyton signed. but quite possibly the biggest help to them is Stokley since he knows exactly how to work with Peyton.

I thought Stokely's signing had more to do with Manning than his abilities gald to hear I was wrong

Old 09-09-2012, 08:34 PM   #75
Bronco Rob
Ring of Famer

The Alpha & The Omega

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Kush & Irsay

Quote:
Demaryius is on the cusp of having an epic season, Manning has never had a receiver the caliber of Thomas. Look for him to shatter all previous receiving records and be placed in the patheon of alltime Bronco greats.

Book it!