The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-23-2012, 09:12 PM   #126
Kaylore
Because I am better
 
Kaylore's Avatar
 
Everything

Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Ceti Alpha V
Posts: 46,751

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonestar View Post
Danke.. that should do it..

always enjoy a pissing contest with man lovers..
Derrick Thomas never scored a TD (this surprised me). What also surprised me is LT never got a safety, to DT's three. The coup de grace is the tackles. LT had over 1000 to DT's 600. DT didn't really play the run. He'd rush the passer first and play the run second.
Kaylore is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 09:14 PM   #127
lonestar
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: West Texas
Posts: 6,203

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCStud View Post
LT played 2 more seasons than DT did. Without those 2 years, DT has more sacks than him.
If DT hadn't died such a tragic young death, he would have easily passed LT in the next year or two in all time sacks.

Another big factor that should play in is that LT didn't have a forced fumble until his last season (3 total), while DT had 41 in his career.
never know what would have happened..

Had DT not been speeding and weaving thru traffic (driving recklessly) it would not have been a tragic young death.. Had he not been paralyzed he would have spent time in prison for manslaughter..

Just like TD had Greise not thrown that pick he may have been the best RB of all time..

man love makes one turn a blind eye..
lonestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 09:18 PM   #128
lonestar
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: West Texas
Posts: 6,203

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
Derrick Thomas never scored a TD (this surprised me). What also surprised me is LT never got a safety, to DT's three. The coup de grace is the tackles. LT had over 1000 to DT's 600. DT didn't really play the run. He'd rush the passer first and play the run second.
no doubt a great pass rusher, but hardly the best OLB to play the game..

Now if you want to talk about yahoo's that was LT.. From what I remember one of the least gracious guys to ever play the game..

At the time LT was playing in the REAL NFL, DT was playing in the second fiddle AFCW.. maybe even third fiddle..

 
lonestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 09:18 PM   #129
KCStud
Ring of Famer
 
KCStud's Avatar
 
AmeriStanzi!

Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 5,893

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonestar View Post
Danke.. that should do it..

always enjoy a pissing contest with man lovers..
Your link is actually the one that has the false info. ESPN says he only had 3 FF's.
KCStud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 09:20 PM   #130
lonestar
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: West Texas
Posts: 6,203

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCStud View Post
Your link is actually the one that has the false info. ESPN says he only had 3 FF's.
WOw is that all you have, a bad link..
lonestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 09:21 PM   #131
KCStud
Ring of Famer
 
KCStud's Avatar
 
AmeriStanzi!

Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 5,893

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonestar View Post
never know what would have happened..

Had DT not been speeding and weaving thru traffic (driving recklessly) it would not have been a tragic young death.. Had he not been paralyzed he would have spent time in prison for manslaughter..

Just like TD had Greise not thrown that pick he may have been the best RB of all time..

man love makes one turn a blind eye..
I think it's pretty safe to assume had DT lived he would have gotten the 8 sacks needed to pass LT. The least amount of sacks DT had in a season was 7 and he still had a few years left in the tank.
KCStud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 09:24 PM   #132
KCStud
Ring of Famer
 
KCStud's Avatar
 
AmeriStanzi!

Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 5,893

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonestar View Post
WOw is that all you have, a bad link..
Don't get mad at me because ESPN didn't look at the stat sheet. Pro football reference is wrong too.

http://www.pro-football-reference.co...T/TaylLa00.htm
KCStud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 09:38 PM   #133
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer
 
Tombstone RJ's Avatar
 
Old School

Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: In the Tetons!
Posts: 22,235

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCStud View Post
I think it's pretty safe to assume had DT lived he would have gotten the 8 sacks needed to pass LT. The least amount of sacks DT had in a season was 7 and he still had a few years left in the tank.
who knows, but he probably could have fathered 7-8 more illegitimate kids...
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 09:43 PM   #134
lonestar
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: West Texas
Posts: 6,203

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ View Post
who knows, but he probably could have fathered 7-8 more illegitimate kids...

there is a ZINGER if I ever saw one.

we all know what ASSUME means don't we..
lonestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 11:21 PM   #135
Kaylore
Because I am better
 
Kaylore's Avatar
 
Everything

Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Ceti Alpha V
Posts: 46,751

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCStud View Post
Don't get mad at me because ESPN didn't look at the stat sheet. Pro football reference is wrong too.

http://www.pro-football-reference.co...T/TaylLa00.htm
What's hilarious is you just dated yourself, Sheepstud. That you would actually think he only had three is hilarious and also shows you probably never watched LT play a game, which makes your argument complete crap since you've never really seen LT to compare. How old are you, anyway?
Kaylore is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 11:37 PM   #136
KCStud
Ring of Famer
 
KCStud's Avatar
 
AmeriStanzi!

Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 5,893

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
What's hilarious is you just dated yourself, Sheepstud. That you would actually think he only had three is hilarious and also shows you probably never watched LT play a game, which makes your argument complete crap since you've never really seen LT to compare. How old are you, anyway?
You haven't seen him play either, or at least you weren't old enough to realize what was going on.
KCStud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 12:06 AM   #137
Shananahan
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonestar View Post
man love makes one turn a blind eye..
This is signature-worthy.
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 12:27 AM   #138
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera
 
cutthemdown's Avatar
 
Zimm to HOF

Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Long Beach
Posts: 36,916
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCStud View Post
Your link is actually the one that has the false info. ESPN says he only had 3 FF's.
The forgot a 3. Don't you think 33 sounds more right? I can remember a few stripped balls on LT sacks in games I watched. No way he only had 3, use your brain. He had what 1000 tackles? Cmon dude use some logic.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 09:06 AM   #139
Kaylore
Because I am better
 
Kaylore's Avatar
 
Everything

Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Ceti Alpha V
Posts: 46,751

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCStud View Post
You haven't seen him play either, or at least you weren't old enough to realize what was going on.
You're wrong. And as usual you never acknowledge it. You just change the subject.
Kaylore is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 10:51 AM   #140
KCStud
Ring of Famer
 
KCStud's Avatar
 
AmeriStanzi!

Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 5,893

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
You're wrong. And as usual you never acknowledge it. You just change the subject.
Did you not put up your wedding photos a few years ago? I'm pretty sure that was you. And you didn't seem that old.
KCStud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 11:40 AM   #141
Randall Flagg
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by peacepipe View Post
to play devils advocate,Hali has 27 sacks the last 2 seasons 53.5 for his career so far. Von will be better than Hali by far but miller has only played 1 yr.
I couldn't agree more. Hali started out as a DE and (more or less) plays a Derrick Thomas style LB. He has one job - Rush the QB.

Miller will, in time, become the better player however.
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 12:01 PM   #142
KCStud
Ring of Famer
 
KCStud's Avatar
 
AmeriStanzi!

Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 5,893

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
I couldn't agree more. Hali started out as a DE and (more or less) plays a Derrick Thomas style LB. He has one job - Rush the QB.

Miller will, in time, become the better player however.
He has to stop the run too, and he did a solid job of that last year.
KCStud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 12:22 PM   #143
lonestar
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: West Texas
Posts: 6,203

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
You're wrong. And as usual you never acknowledge it. You just change the subject.
Since I lived on the east coast part of the time during LT's reign of terror and watched all of DT's games against DEN and some of his other games.. I can say there was not a more dominating guy than LT was..


While I would have loved to have DT as a Bronco only because he would have been doing that to other teams and NOT to Us, LT was head above the better of the two..

It is obvious to anyone old enough to have seen the two and that understands the game that defending a chef over a giant is lunacy..
lonestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 01:33 PM   #144
Kaylore
Because I am better
 
Kaylore's Avatar
 
Everything

Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Ceti Alpha V
Posts: 46,751

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCStud View Post
Did you not put up your wedding photos a few years ago? I'm pretty sure that was you. And you didn't seem that old.
You're suggesting I am unable to remember if Lawrence Taylor caused more than three fumbles because I was too young? I was seven years old when I watched the Super Bowl against the Giants. Everyone was talking about how Taylor was going to sack Elway and if we didn't stop him we'd lose. My recollection is he did sack him one time but by and large Taylor was a non-issue. It was the rest of the defense that shut down Elway.

Regardless, a fumble is perhaps the easiest play to recognize. And since I was a teenager when LT retired, I saw him play into my adolescence - in the playoffs and on MNF and SB XXV.

So no, you are wrong. I was not too young to remember if he had more than three fumbles or not. Even if I was, do you honestly think I would assume someone with 145+ sacks and 1000+ tackles would have had only three? I still am shocked you really believed that.

/Cue subject change.

Last edited by Kaylore; 06-24-2012 at 01:35 PM..
Kaylore is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 01:48 PM   #145
NUB
Just Crafted
 
NUB's Avatar
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 1,529

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Bad call with the 1/2. You could make the argument that Von Miller was the best linebacker in the entire league last year, not just in the AFCW.
NUB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 01:49 PM   #146
KCStud
Ring of Famer
 
KCStud's Avatar
 
AmeriStanzi!

Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 5,893

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
You're suggesting I am unable to remember if Lawrence Taylor caused more than three fumbles because I was too young? I was seven years old when I watched the Super Bowl against the Giants. Everyone was talking about how Taylor was going to sack Elway and if we didn't stop him we'd lose. My recollection is he did sack him one time but by and large Taylor was a non-issue. It was the rest of the defense that shut down Elway.

Regardless, a fumble is perhaps the easiest play to recognize. And since I was a teenager when LT retired, I saw him play into my adolescence - in the playoffs and on MNF and SB XXV.

So no, you are wrong. I was not too young to remember if he had more than three fumbles or not. Even if I was, do you honestly think I would assume someone with 145+ sacks and 1000+ tackles would have had only three? I still am shocked you really believed that.

/Cue subject change.
Good for you. You changing the subject away from ESPN failing to have the correct stats is the real story.

You seem appalled by LT not having 33 forced fumbles recognized.
Maybe you should go here and tell them their error.

http://espn.go.com/espn/contact
KCStud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 01:50 PM   #147
KCStud
Ring of Famer
 
KCStud's Avatar
 
AmeriStanzi!

Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 5,893

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NUB View Post
Bad call with the 1/2. You could make the argument that Von Miller was the best linebacker in the entire league last year, not just in the AFCW.
Best LB in the league? Are you high?
KCStud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 02:08 PM   #148
CEH
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 4,116
Default

Miller is already 2nd team All Pro by the AP with a broken hand for 7 games. Next year he's going to replace Suggs on the 1st team with 16 games with 2 hands and two feet
CEH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 02:45 PM   #149
GreatBronco16
!!!TEAM!!!
 
GreatBronco16's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Bama Baby
Posts: 6,547

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Defense
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCStud View Post
Good for you. You changing the subject away from ESPN failing to have the correct stats is the real story.

You seem appalled by LT not having 33 forced fumbles recognized.
Maybe you should go here and tell them their error.

http://espn.go.com/espn/contact
You know, when I first looked at the link before I made my first reply in this thread, I saw that too. Then I got to thinking and knew that it couldn't be right, so I did a little more research and found out the link was wrong or just failed to include all of his numbers. But me, unlike you, used my head first instead of jumping out and just sounding like an idiot in this thread.

Admit you were dumb, stupid and fooled by the link and just move on with your pathetic life. Geez.
GreatBronco16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 02:48 PM   #150
NUB
Just Crafted
 
NUB's Avatar
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 1,529

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCStud View Post
Best LB in the league? Are you high?
He rushed the passer as well as any sack-specialist in the league and his run-stuffing was impeccable. IIRC, PFF's rating system had him ranked highest last year. That is with a broken hand and the usual rookie fatigue, mind you. A healthy Von Miler is quite clearly one of the best linebackers in the entire league and arguably the best. Anybody who has watched him play should know that already.
NUB is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:48 PM.


Denver Broncos