The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 06-24-2012, 04:38 AM   #26
Boomhauer

Rather than the whole ball of wax, I'll break this down by position. Only after debate, the start of preseason and a better idea of our offensive and defensive strategy will I make a 53-man roster recommendation and speculation.

QB
Peyton -- Weber -- Oswalt
Manning is deffinitely our starter, but the #2 is iffy. I really think Weber is ready and could be our "QB of the future", but the FO also brought in Hanie. I'm guessing Hanie is the fallback if Weber doesn't perform and the FO trys to hide him on the P-Squad another year. There's nothing to make me think Brock will be anything more than a bust, spending a few years with a clipboard and out of the league.

RB
I have to break this down into three roles;
RB = Fannin -- Johnson -- Hillman
HB = Fannin -- McGahee
FB = Sylvester -- McGahee
The best all-around RB, with power, speed, blocking, receiving, etc on our roster is Fannin. McGahee doesn't have the quickness and speed to be a number one and hasn't for years, but he is a good backup for the inside or blocking game. I wouldn't be surprised if he's cut.
Our best receiving and outside threat, and also a good pass blocker and inside runner, is Johnson. The best tandem for us this year is him and Fannin. Watching Hillman in college, it will be years before he's anything more than a K/PR, but could offer situational dynamic play. If he hadn't been drafted, I'd guarantee he'd be on the P-Squad or gone because of his lack of ability.
At fullback, Sylvester is far better than Gronkowski in all aspects; run blocking, pass blocking, running and receiving.

TE
Thomas, Dreessen, Tamme, Green
I could see Julius and Joel being a 1a and 1b, with Dreessen in on running down, Thomas in on passing downs and outside in 2TE sets. Tamme is just a receiving TE and would be Thomas' backup while Green remains a project. If Dreessen gets hurt, we could always replace him with a fatty lineman like last season.
Old 06-24-2012, 05:01 AM   #27
Boomhauer

WR
I've already grouped these in desending ability
1: Andre Caldwell - 6'0" 190
1: D'Andre Goodwin - 5'11" 188
1: Eric Decker - 6'3" 218
1: Mark Dell - 6'2" 195

2: Jason Hill (KR) - 6'0" 202
2: Greg Orton - 6'3" 199
2: Eric Page (KR) - 5'9" 186

3: Gerell Robinson - 6'3" 229
3: Matthew Willis (KR) - 6'0" 190

Cut: Brandon Stokley - 6'0" 192
Cut: Demaryius Thomas - 6'3" 229
Cut: Tyler Grisham - 5'11" 180

In the 1s we have two very fast, but smallish receivers with great hands and two larger, slower, heady receivers. It's up to Manning what type he wants at slot and outside - ie; Caldwell and Decker outside or Caldwell and Goodwin outside with Decker or Julius Thomas inside.

In the 2s we need to keep a prospective KR as well as another large target. In the speed category I've ranked it Hill - Page and Willis (3s), but this could easily change come preseason. In the size category Orton looked OK last season while Dell in the 1s looked excellent, but I have questions about Gerell's play (3s).

Cut are guys that can't play football. Stokley knows the game and would be a good emergency mid-season signing, but not a 53-man candidate. Thomas sucks, always has and will. If we can find some saps that will take him in trade, the FO should jump even if it's for a 6th or conditional. Not sure why Grisham got invited to camp.
Old 06-24-2012, 06:50 AM   #28
ward63
Go Broncos!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Zac Dysert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomhauer View Post
WR

In the 1s we have two very fast, but smallish receivers with great hands and two larger, slower, heady receivers. It's up to Manning what type he wants at slot and outside - ie; Caldwell and Decker outside or Caldwell and Goodwin outside with Decker or Julius Thomas inside.

In the 2s we need to keep a prospective KR as well as another large target. In the speed category I've ranked it Hill - Page and Willis (3s), but this could easily change come preseason. In the size category Orton looked OK last season while Dell in the 1s looked excellent, but I have questions about Gerell's play (3s).

Cut are guys that can't play football. Stokley knows the game and would be a good emergency mid-season signing, but not a 53-man candidate. Thomas sucks, always has and will. If we can find some saps that will take him in trade, the FO should jump even if it's for a 6th or conditional. Not sure why Grisham got invited to camp.
Thankfully you do not run this team! Cutting Demaryius would be the dumbest thing we could do at WR. D'andre Goodwin is our #2 WR?! You're out of your mind
ward63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 07:40 AM   #29
JCMElway
Moderate-erator

Dominate!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Oleg

I have to say Boom, I disagree on Demaryius as well. I think he's gonna do great things with Peyton. But, you will have the opportunity to repost this if he blows.
JCMElway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 10:32 AM   #30
Shananahan

Boomhauer is a gimmick, guys. He's trolling you.
Old 06-24-2012, 10:39 AM   #31
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shananahan View Post
This.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 01:32 PM   #32
ward63
Go Broncos!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Zac Dysert

I would hope that he is. To say that Thomas will get cut is beyond dumb. I do hope Weber beats out Hanie.
Old 06-24-2012, 02:29 PM   #33
Cito Pelon
Been there, didn't get it

Not2Shabby County Seat

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Slim Shabby

Quote:
Originally Posted by ward63 View Post
I would hope that he is. To say that Thomas will get cut is beyond dumb. I do hope Weber beats out Hanie.
I can't see Hanie making the final roster. He was signed to a non-guaranteed no bonus deal IIRC. He was signed just for insurance in case they didn't get a chance to grab Osweiler who they had targeted from the get go in round two.

They wanted to cover all the bases just in case they got scooped by some other team and couldn't draft Osweiler.
Cito Pelon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 02:52 PM   #34
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
Also how he thinks McGahee will be cut as well

I too think Hanie won't make the team unless he just plays lights out during preseason. I will say from what little video I seen so far of Manning, you can see Hanie throwing some damn nice passes as well. Personally I would be happy with Hanie netting a 6th rounder after preseason and us only keeping two QB's on the active roster with Weber going to the PS again.
Old 06-24-2012, 03:07 PM   #35
ward63
Go Broncos!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Zac Dysert

I didn't know that Hanie didn't get a signing bonus. If that's the case, I hope that we just let him lose. I really hope that Weber can be a career-Bronco as a back-up. As for McGahee getting cut, he is the best RB Peyton has had possibly since Edge IMO. I wonder what Boom's D looks like.
Old 06-24-2012, 03:54 PM   #36
Shananahan

Quote:
I wonder what Boom's D looks like.
He has them resigning Kyle McCarthy and then cloning him to play the entire secondary.
Old 06-24-2012, 08:20 PM   #37
Boomhauer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBroncos4life View Post
Also how he thinks McGahee will be cut as well.
Quote:
Thankfully you do not run this team! You're out of your mind
Quote:
Your insinuations that sucking azz for years (aka; constant cheerleading of crapfests) as the best course is "trolling".

Better is better, but the blind cannot tell, only follow the loudest chant.

Last edited by Boomhauer; 06-24-2012 at 08:22 PM..
Old 06-24-2012, 08:38 PM   #38
bowtown
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Aaron Brewer

Quote:
He has them resigning Kyle McCarthy and then cloning him to play the entire secondary.
And LB will be entirely manned by Mike Mohamed.

Last edited by bowtown; 06-24-2012 at 08:54 PM..
bowtown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 08:52 PM   #39
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
Your insinuations that sucking azz for years (aka; constant cheerleading of crapfests) as the best course is "trolling".

Better is better, but the blind cannot tell, only follow the loudest chant.
Care to bet that McGahee or Thomas are not cut?
Old 06-25-2012, 08:14 AM   #40
ward63
Go Broncos!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Zac Dysert

So cutting (arguably) our best WR and RB is going to make this "crapfest" team better? Makes sense to me...Neither will be cut, "BOOK IT" (Jay Phorah as Stephen A. Smith)
Old 06-25-2012, 08:31 AM   #41
Pendejo
The off-season.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
"The Greek"

Quote:
Why would they need to clone him?
Pendejo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 08:37 AM   #42
oubronco
John Foneco !!

Mile High Magic

at cutting Thomas and MacGahee
oubronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 09:12 AM   #43
barryr
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Nice prediction, looks pretty accurate IMO. Hanie probably does stick just because he's a veteran, but Weber has more potential IMO. At least he hasn't shown he isn't very good to this point, but he may land on the PS.

Fannin will be someone to keep track of. He could be interesting for sure, providing he shows he can hang onto the ball better. Moreno making it out of preseason healthy would be a story in itself. He can help in the passing game, but can he stay healthy?

I'm just no fan of DJ Williams, but he may stay another year anyway.

The roster looks deeper than in years past and hopefully, more depth on defense will prove out.
barryr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 11:13 AM   #44
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

I know Boomhauer trolls, but I still find it funny that he puts so much stock in two players he's never watched play (Fannin/Weber)
SonOfLe-loLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 07:30 AM   #45
DENVERDUI55

Quote:
WR

Where has this dip**** been?
Old 12-31-2012, 07:33 AM   #46
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

^ He asked for his account to be deleted. Boomie was a loser of epic proportions.
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 08:42 AM   #47
DENVERDUI55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem View Post
^ He asked for his account to be deleted. Boomie was a loser of epic proportions.
He is probably back under a different name.