The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-22-2012, 09:17 PM   #101
KCStud
Ring of Famer
 
KCStud's Avatar
 
AmeriStanzi!

Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 5,704

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronco Rob View Post
So the game is played to obtain records and not for victories. Glynn Milburn made into Canton for a single game record that his team also lost. The only difference is you don't see Bronco fans thumping their chests about it.
The game is played to win, and blaming a loss on a guy that had 7 sacks is laughable. Clearly you don't understand the concept of "team".
You win as a team and lose as a team.

Love how you don't put any blame on the DB's for giving up the 35 yard TD catch when the WR was double-teamed, or how you don't give any blame to the offense for a terrible performance.

Nope. It's all DT's fault they lost. Clown
KCStud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 09:27 PM   #102
Bronco Rob
Ring of Famer
 
Bronco Rob's Avatar
 
The Alpha & The Omega

Join Date: Apr 2001
Posts: 4,746

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Kush & Irsay
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCStud View Post
. Nope. It's all DT's fault they lost. Clown
Thank you! Very proud of ya! By the time we are through you might just understand what a fraud dt was!

Instead of making the correct read he went after as always cared only about one thing...himself....

Now on to the next chapter...Why didn't he start in the 1993 AFC Championship game?
Bronco Rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 10:00 PM   #103
lonestar
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: West Texas
Posts: 6,203

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronco Rob View Post
Thank you! Very proud of ya! By the time we are through you might just understand what a fraud dt was!

Instead of making the correct read he went after as always cared only about one thing...himself....

Now on to the next chapter...Why didn't he start in the 1993 AFC Championship game?
While I do not remember loads of DT's games and know that he was not a great human being.. I do know that the son of a gun caused us loads of fits..

I do remember one game that Sharpe got inside his skull so bad the coach had to set him on the Bench because of all the penalties called on him..

I'd take DT any day over any of our LB's save Miller..

But keep up the debate I'd love to see the answers to the questions you posed.. I doubt they will be answered..
lonestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 10:23 PM   #104
KCStud
Ring of Famer
 
KCStud's Avatar
 
AmeriStanzi!

Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 5,704

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronco Rob View Post
Thank you! Very proud of ya! By the time we are through you might just understand what a fraud dt was!

Instead of making the correct read he went after as always cared only about one thing...himself....

Now on to the next chapter...Why didn't he start in the 1993 AFC Championship game?
Cared about only himself huh?

How about this? http://thirdandlong.org/

Sure looks like he cared about only himself huh?
Only you would say a HOF is a fraud. Clown.
KCStud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 12:55 PM   #105
crazyhorse
All Motor!!
 
crazyhorse's Avatar
 
You can only hope to contain me

Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 7,298
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronco Rob View Post
Thank you! Very proud of ya! By the time we are through you might just understand what a fraud dt was!

Instead of making the correct read he went after as always cared only about one thing...himself....

Now on to the next chapter...Why didn't he start in the 1993 AFC Championship game?
That fraud (lol) is Millers favorite player. Funny how over the top you're willing to go to make Von Miller look like a fool. To insult DT fans is to insult Miller. Besides, I'd take Millers idea of what it takes to play LBer before I would yours. Not because you look foolish here, but because he has had success at it while you have not. You know....the Pro Football Hall of Fame and such.

Unless you're going to surprize the hell out of me and prove you were once a pro football player. No, if I had to guess I would guess you were a boxer. That would explain several of these posts.
crazyhorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 01:42 PM   #106
DENVERDUI55
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

DT was a great player no denying that.
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 02:33 PM   #107
lonestar
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: West Texas
Posts: 6,203

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCStud View Post
Cared about only himself huh?

How about this? http://thirdandlong.org/

Sure looks like he cared about only himself huh?
Only you would say a HOF is a fraud. Clown.
NOt sure that being an off the field humanitarian is something the HOF makes a requirement..

Pretty sure that they look at the stats of the man as pretty much their main criteria..


Besides DT did pad his stats a lot also..

I disliked the guy because he caused us fits, and as I said before would have loved to have him playing in DEN instead..

But he was not a great human being as you suggest.. Had negatives off the field and maybe even in the locker room. I can't speak to that, but generally if you're a prick outside work some of it rubs off at work and vice versa,,
lonestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 02:35 PM   #108
Shananahan
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

How does a linebacker pad his stats?
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 02:35 PM   #109
lonestar
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: West Texas
Posts: 6,203

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyhorse View Post
That fraud (lol) is Millers favorite player. Funny how over the top you're willing to go to make Von Miller look like a fool. To insult DT fans is to insult Miller. Besides, I'd take Millers idea of what it takes to play LBer before I would yours. Not because you look foolish here, but because he has had success at it while you have not. You know....the Pro Football Hall of Fame and such.

Unless you're going to surprize the hell out of me and prove you were once a pro football player. No, if I had to guess I would guess you were a boxer. That would explain several of these posts.
Players look at the stats and the film of what others do. In Millers case I suspect that is the reason he wanted to be like him.. I also suspect that someone told him at one time or another he "played like DT".. therefore put in film study to further emulate him..
lonestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 02:46 PM   #110
Pendejo
The off-season.
 
Pendejo's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 2,911

Adopt-a-Bronco:
"The Greek"
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shananahan View Post
How does a linebacker pad his stats?
By smashing quarterbacks. A lot-lot.
Pendejo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 03:08 PM   #111
crazyhorse
All Motor!!
 
crazyhorse's Avatar
 
You can only hope to contain me

Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 7,298
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonestar View Post
NOt sure that being an off the field humanitarian is something the HOF makes a requirement..

Pretty sure that they look at the stats of the man as pretty much their main criteria..


Besides DT did pad his stats a lot also..

I disliked the guy because he caused us fits, and as I said before would have loved to have him playing in DEN instead..

But he was not a great human being as you suggest.. Had negatives off the field and maybe even in the locker room. I can't speak to that, but generally if you're a prick outside work some of it rubs off at work and vice versa,,
Its not that he was a prick. He was a nice often not serioius enough. He was to much a player and had kids out of marriage he didnt raise. That was his biggest fault. He didnt pad stats. He wasnt a prick to anyone and its easy to see after you stated you didnt know much about him that now you're just making it up as you go. BR is making you look stupid. You should not participate in conversations you know nothing about.

He played a hybrid position that was referred to in KCs scheme as the Falcon position. He played where he was asked and what he was asked. He was not a coverage LBer. He was a rush LBer. Usually off the left side of the offense. He was so prolific at it that no matter the gameplan the dude got his.

Broncos fans biggest crack on him was his skills as a father. Not a prick.

You folks have never had a LBer that could hold his jock. Ever. Get over it
crazyhorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 03:10 PM   #112
crazyhorse
All Motor!!
 
crazyhorse's Avatar
 
You can only hope to contain me

Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 7,298
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonestar View Post
Players look at the stats and the film of what others do. In Millers case I suspect that is the reason he wanted to be like him.. I also suspect that someone told him at one time or another he "played like DT".. therefore put in film study to further emulate him..

More making it up as you go?

Its making you look foolish.
crazyhorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 03:12 PM   #113
crazyhorse
All Motor!!
 
crazyhorse's Avatar
 
You can only hope to contain me

Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 7,298
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shananahan View Post
How does a linebacker pad his stats?
He cant. Its a ridiculous statement made without the benefit of thinking. No logic what so ever. Very foolish.
crazyhorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 04:05 PM   #114
MagicHef
Ring of Famer
 
MagicHef's Avatar
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 1,306

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

I would be ecstatic if Miller turned out to be the passrusher that DT was.
MagicHef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 04:53 PM   #115
lonestar
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: West Texas
Posts: 6,203

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyhorse View Post
Its not that he was a prick. He was a nice often not serioius enough. He was to much a player and had kids out of marriage he didnt raise. That was his biggest fault. He didnt pad stats. He wasnt a prick to anyone and its easy to see after you stated you didnt know much about him that now you're just making it up as you go. BR is making you look stupid. You should not participate in conversations you know nothing about.

He played a hybrid position that was referred to in KCs scheme as the Falcon position. He played where he was asked and what he was asked. He was not a coverage LBer. He was a rush LBer. Usually off the left side of the offense. He was so prolific at it that no matter the gameplan the dude got his.

Broncos fans biggest crack on him was his skills as a father. Not a prick.

You folks have never had a LBer that could hold his jock. Ever. Get over it
As I said I would have loved To have his skills on the field.
I think Randy G would have easily held his jock. In fact it could be said just maybe DT would have had a tough time holding RGs jock. He averaged a bit over 200 tackles a year. Had 20 sacks and 20 picks in his ten year career.
He said when he was on his rookie year he would only play ten years and unlike most athletes kept his word.

It is one of the biggest travesties of all time he is not a HOFer.

Like I said I don't know DT other than when he played DEN or any other televised KC game.
Never have said I was an expert on him but I do know football. I'll also bet the Miller did not cone up with the DT comparison with out someone else brining it to his attention.
Since he grew up in Dallas Th odds of him seeing DT live was slim and none. Considering DTs career was over about the time miller may have played PEE WEE I'm Pretty sure someone did indeed turned him on to DT. Opposed to figuring it out himself.

Your correct most Bronco fans hated him and having a gaggle of kids that he did not care for, did him no favors.

Last edited by lonestar; 06-23-2012 at 05:04 PM..
lonestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 05:03 PM   #116
lonestar
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: West Texas
Posts: 6,203

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagicHef View Post
I would be ecstatic if Miller turned out to be the passrusher that DT was.
DT averaged about 12 a game miller had 11 in his rookie year playing the last 4 games with one hand..

in their first year their tackles were virtually the same but Von had 4.5 most sacks that DT did..

Unless Miller gets hurt I think it is a lock..
lonestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 05:14 PM   #117
CEH
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 3,916
Default

DT was a great football player. Any GM today would want DT on the field. He has to be accounted for with a TE or back which changes the odds into the defense's favor. Von Miller is about to explode into a top 20 player in the NFL a perennial Pro Bowler who teams have to account for on every play. With Doom on the other side could be a great season for Denver on D
CEH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 07:33 PM   #118
KCStud
Ring of Famer
 
KCStud's Avatar
 
AmeriStanzi!

Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 5,704

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonestar View Post
DT averaged about 12 a game miller had 11 in his rookie year playing the last 4 games with one hand..

in their first year their tackles were virtually the same but Von had 4.5 most sacks that DT did..

Unless Miller gets hurt I think it is a lock..
Yes but DT had 20 sacks in his 2nd season, his best ever, so Von is gonna have to get better in that regard.

Miller will likely be a better in other areas, but DT is arguably the best pass rushing LB of all time. Forced fumbles need to become accounted for too. DT averaged 4 a year.

To suggest that Von is already the best OLB in the league is dumb. As of right now, Von couldn't hold Demarcus Ware's jock.

Ware is the best OLB I've seen since DT. He already has 100 sacks at the age of 30 and will likely be in the top 10 for all time sacks by the time he's 32.
He plays the run really well and is just a monster.
KCStud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 07:49 PM   #119
rugbythug
Church Eyes.
 
rugbythug's Avatar
 
Salty Dog

Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 4,046

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mr. Miller
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCStud View Post
Yes but DT had 20 sacks in his 2nd season, his best ever, so Von is gonna have to get better in that regard.

Miller will likely be a better in other areas, but DT is arguably the best pass rushing LB of all time. Forced fumbles need to become accounted for too. DT averaged 4 a year.

To suggest that Von is already the best OLB in the league is dumb. As of right now, Von couldn't hold Demarcus Ware's jock.

Ware is the best OLB I've seen since DT. He already has 100 sacks at the age of 30 and will likely be in the top 10 for all time sacks by the time he's 32.
He plays the run really well and is just a monster.

DT was good. But he was not LT.
Von is the Best 4-3 OLB in the NFL. All Pro
Ware is a HOF player
rugbythug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 07:53 PM   #120
lonestar
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: West Texas
Posts: 6,203

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCStud View Post
Yes but DT had 20 sacks in his 2nd season, his best ever, so Von is gonna have to get better in that regard.

Miller will likely be a better in other areas, but DT is arguably the best pass rushing LB of all time. Forced fumbles need to become accounted for too. DT averaged 4 a year.

To suggest that Von is already the best OLB in the league is dumb. As of right now, Von couldn't hold Demarcus Ware's jock.

Ware is the best OLB I've seen since DT. He already has 100 sacks at the age of 30 and will likely be in the top 10 for all time sacks by the time he's 32.
He plays the run really well and is just a monster.
here we go again with man love from KC..

yet he only averaged 10.8 for the next 5 years..

lets not let the manlove get in the way of facts..

there is an old adage "figures never lie, but liars always figure"..

Go figure..

as for DT is arguably the best pass rushing LB of all time

NOT

http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/stats/...awrence-taylor

read and weep..
lonestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 07:55 PM   #121
lonestar
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: West Texas
Posts: 6,203

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rugbythug View Post
DT was good. But he was not LT.
Von is the Best 4-3 OLB in the NFL. All Pro
Ware is a HOF player
Beat me to it while I was checking the stats,,'

http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/stats/...awrence-taylor

132.5 in his career..

now I'm not sure if DT could hold LT's jock..
lonestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 08:26 PM   #122
KCStud
Ring of Famer
 
KCStud's Avatar
 
AmeriStanzi!

Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 5,704

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonestar View Post
Beat me to it while I was checking the stats,,'

http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/stats/...awrence-taylor

132.5 in his career..

now I'm not sure if DT could hold LT's jock..
LT played 2 more seasons than DT did. Without those 2 years, DT has more sacks than him.
If DT hadn't died such a tragic young death, he would have easily passed LT in the next year or two in all time sacks.

Another big factor that should play in is that LT didn't have a forced fumble until his last season (3 total), while DT had 41 in his career.
KCStud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 08:30 PM   #123
GreatBronco16
!!!TEAM!!!
 
GreatBronco16's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Bama Baby
Posts: 6,373

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Defense
Default

DT had 126.5 sacks in 169 games played. .75 sacks per game. He also had 2 fewer seasons played. http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/stats/...derrick-thomas
LT had 132.5 sacks in 184 games played. .72 sacks per game.


I say they can hold each others jocks.
GreatBronco16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 08:57 PM   #124
Kaylore
Genetically Superior
 
Kaylore's Avatar
 
Because I am better.

Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Ceti Alpha V
Posts: 45,403

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Wesley Duke
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCStud View Post
LT played 2 more seasons than DT did. Without those 2 years, DT has more sacks than him.
If DT hadn't died such a tragic young death, he would have easily passed LT in the next year or two in all time sacks.

Another big factor that should play in is that LT didn't have a forced fumble until his last season (3 total), while DT had 41 in his career.


LT had more than three forced fumbles.

Quote:
Taylor ended his career with 1,088 tackles, 132.5 sacks (not counting the 9.5 sacks he recorded as a rookie because sacks did not become an official statistic until 1982), nine interceptions, 134 return yards, two touchdowns, 33 forced fumbles, 11 fumble recoveries, and 34 fumble return yards.[27]
Kaylore is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 09:09 PM   #125
lonestar
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: West Texas
Posts: 6,203

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post


LT had more than three forced fumbles.
Danke.. that should do it..

always enjoy a pissing contest with man lovers..
lonestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:30 PM.


Denver Broncos