The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 06-20-2012, 07:39 PM   #51
DENVERDUI55

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJG View Post
in what way?
rushing the passer?
coverage?
stopping the run?
Out of wedlock children.
Old 06-20-2012, 09:32 PM   #52
fdf
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shananahan View Post
Nobody needs to play devil's advocate. There's nothing too ridiculous about Hali being #1, and most of the people here would be shocked and outraged if he were on our team and ranked lower.

I'm not sure he's really a 'true' linebacker like Miller can probably be, but that's where he plays.
How many people would trade Miller for Hali straight up? I bet Hali's GM would in a heartbeat.
fdf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 09:53 PM   #53
KCStud
Ring of Famer

AmeriStanzi!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronco Rob View Post
dt had 601 career tackles and one interception.

No worries..

Derrick Thomas didn't play the run or the pass.

He was surrounded by talented players and focal point of the defenses in Kansas City.

He has 601 career tackles.

He has 1 I repeat 1 career interception.

He only led the NFL in sacks once. (1990)

In the biggest game of his career (a drubbing by the Bills) he was on the bench.

He never took his team to the next level. (3 career playoff victories)
How can he take a team to the next level? So he's a QB now? Are you really this stupid?

DT had more sacks than any player in the 90's with 116.5.

He holds the record for sacks in a game with 7, a record that many think will never be broken.

When he died, he was in the top 10 in all-time sacks and 3rd in LB's only behind Lawrence Taylor and Kevin Greene
He was also less than 10 sacks from passing LT on the all-time list, something he would have done had he not died.

God you're a clown. DT, Greene, and LT are the best pass rushing LB's in NFL history.

Last edited by KCStud; 06-20-2012 at 10:00 PM..
KCStud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 10:05 PM   #54
KCStud
Ring of Famer

AmeriStanzi!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by DENVERDUI55 View Post
So you cherry pick stats where Miller was injured? Typical chiefs fan using stats to argue. Houston was getting zero double teams where Miller faced double teams and was on one hand and still effective. Yeah Dumervil had strong finish of the year when Miller was getting double teamed. How much was Houston getting mentioned in DROTY?
Houston struggled in the first half of the season. Doesn't mean he isn't going to be a good player.
And a lot of Von's sacks came from teams focusing more on Dumervil in the first half of the season. Way to not bring that up.
Old 06-20-2012, 10:12 PM   #55
R-Mac

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCStud View Post
Houston struggled in the first half of the season. Doesn't mean he isn't going to be a good player.
And a lot of Von's sacks came from teams focusing more on Dumervil in the first half of the season. Way to not bring that up.
Dumervil was playing injured in the first half of the season.

http://www.rotoworld.com/recent/nfl/3941/elvis-dumervil

Quote:
Broncos RE Elvis Dumervil has yet to record a sack this season.

Dumervil has been active for only five games with nagging shoulder and ankle injuries that have impacted his ability to get to the corner with his signature up-and-under move. Dumervil will look to get on the board against Raiders left tackle Jared Veldheer this week.
And I believe teams focused more on Tamba Hali when Justin Houston got his sacks. You should have brought that up.
Old 06-21-2012, 06:36 AM   #56
crazyhorse
All Motor!!

You can only hope to contain me

KC is probably or has in the past, probably been Von Millers favorite team. I know for a fact DT was his favorite player growing up. Its funny you trash DT when talking of Miller when Miller has always dreamed of one day being the next Derrick Thomas.
crazyhorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 06:51 AM   #57
BMarsh615
Ring of Famer

21’s No Champ

Adopt-a-Bronco:
# 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyhorse View Post
KC is probably or has in the past, probably been Von Millers favorite team. I know for a fact DT was his favorite player growing up. Its funny you trash DT when talking of Miller when Miller has always dreamed of one day being the next Derrick Thomas.
His favorite team was the Cowboys. One of DT's college coaches was at Texas A&M with Von and mentioned to him that he rushed the passer exactly like DT did. That is when Von dug up some old film of DT and noticed the similarities between his game and DT's.
BMarsh615 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 07:06 AM   #58
crazyhorse
All Motor!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMarsh615 View Post
His favorite team was the Cowboys. One of DT's college coaches was at Texas A&M with Von and mentioned to him that he rushed the passer exactly like DT did. That is when Von dug up some old film of DT and noticed the similarities between his game and DT's.
He said at the draft his favorite player growing up was DT. I assumed from that KC was his favorite team. But his favorite player according to him is DT
Old 06-21-2012, 09:45 AM   #59
Bronco Rob
Ring of Famer

The Alpha & The Omega

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Kush & Irsay

Quote:
DT had more sacks than any player in the 90's with 116.5..
What were his postseason stats and why didn't he start in the biggest game of his career?...*hint* the 1992 AFC Championship game.

Quote:
He holds the record for sacks in a game with 7, a record that many think will never be broken.
Who won that game?

What happened on the final play?

http://davekriegsstrikebeard.blogspo...r-11-1990.html

Quote:
When he died, he was in the top 10 in all-time sacks and 3rd in LB's only behind Lawrence Taylor and Kevin Greene
He was also less than 10 sacks from passing LT on the all-time list, something he would have done had he not died.

Ever heard of Rickey Jackson? - 128 sacks.

He wasn't a linebacker he was a one dimensional pass rusher who had entire defenses bulit around him. He padded his stats against lesser opponents and the majority of his sacks were at Sparrowhead.

Bronco Rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 10:48 AM   #60
crazyhorse
All Motor!!

Quote:
What were his postseason stats and why didn't he start in the biggest game of his career?...*hint* the 1992 AFC Championship game.

Who won that game?

He wasn't a linebacker he was a one dimensional pass rusher who had entire defenses bulit around him. He padded his stats against lesser opponents and the majority of his sacks were at Sparrowhead.

You have obviously not experienced the rivalry in the 90s by watching. Any clear thinking person could see instantly the effect DT had in the game.

Trying to dismiss 7 sacks by asking who won is for those that struggle with logic. Its the record. Followed by not one but two 6 sack games by the end of his carreer. No one has come close. Including your boy Miller.

If DT played today he would be the best defender in the west. Bar None.

And ask Elway if he can tackle.
Old 06-21-2012, 10:55 AM   #61
R-Mac

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyhorse View Post
He said at the draft his favorite player growing up was DT. I assumed from that KC was his favorite team. But his favorite player according to him is DT
Miller before the draft:

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-draft/...to-be-a-Cowboy
Old 06-21-2012, 12:39 PM   #62
kappys
Ring of Famer

“It will be of little avail to the

What a ludicrous thread.

I am thrilled with Von Miller and would take him over Hali without a doubt because I think his potential is similar to Derrick Thomas. If you are potentially as good as an NFL great that means you aren't there yet(or even close).
kappys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 12:57 PM   #63
crazyhorse
All Motor!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rod-BR View Post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=suIY5...yer_detailpage
Old 06-21-2012, 01:08 PM   #64
R-Mac

Miller grew up in Dallas as a big Cowboys fan.

http://www.dallasnews.com/sports/dal...th-cowboys.ece

Quote:
"I always saw myself with a blue star on the side of my helmet,” Miller said. “Growing up in Dallas, all my life I've never ever lived anywhere else. So of course I'm a big Cowboys fan. Our game room at my house is fully dedicated to the Cowboys. From Roger Staubach to Troy Aikman to Emmitt Smith to Michael Irvin, all those guys. We've got a Ring of Honor just in our game room at home."

As for how he would feel if Jerry Jones made him the Cowboys' top pick, Miller said: "It'd be a true blessing. It'd really be a dream come true by playing in the NFL and playing for the team that I always dreamed of playing for. It'd really be a true blessing to go home and play in Dallas and play in [Cowboys] Stadium. It'd be a dream come true, I'd probably pass out, you know."
Old 06-21-2012, 01:09 PM   #65
fdf
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kappys View Post
What a ludicrous thread.

I am thrilled with Von Miller and would take him over Hali without a doubt because I think his potential is similar to Derrick Thomas. If you are potentially as good as an NFL great that means you aren't there yet(or even close).
If Denver and KC both knew what they know now and had to pick between the two, both teams would select Miller, IMO. It's a big duh. Hali's a fine player. I'd like to have both on the Broncos. But Miller will be first vote HOF, assuming he doesn't have a career ending injury. He's that good.
fdf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 01:26 PM   #66
Shananahan

There probably won't even be a vote when Miller gets into the HOF; it will just happen.

I'm kinda surprised it hasn't already.
Old 06-21-2012, 02:28 PM   #67
KCStud
Ring of Famer

AmeriStanzi!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:

Who won that game?

So by your same thinking, Champ Bailey should NEVER be mentioned in the same breath as Ty Law, Deon Sanders, Charles Woodson, Ronde Barber, Darrell Green, or Rod Woodson simply because he hasn't had postseason success?

Got it.
Old 06-21-2012, 03:12 PM   #68
JLesSPE
Pro Bowler

I don't understand the argument. Von is young and has amazing potential. DT was one of the best to ever play and he died way too young. You can't compare the two as far as greatness goes because Von has played 1 year. Give DT the respect he deserves. I hated the crap out of that guy but absolutely respected his ability. This is a pointless discussion.
JLesSPE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 03:16 PM   #69
KCStud
Ring of Famer

AmeriStanzi!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLesSPE View Post
I don't understand the argument. Von is young and has amazing potential. DT was one of the best to ever play and he died way too young. You can't compare the two as far as greatness goes because Von has played 1 year. Give DT the respect he deserves. I hated the crap out of that guy but absolutely respected his ability. This is a pointless discussion.
Great post. Chiefs fans feel the same way about Elway.
Old 06-21-2012, 03:40 PM   #70
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

Why are we bringing up a football player from a rival team who has been dead since Desert Storm I? WGAF.
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 03:50 PM   #71
Kaylore
4 time AFCW Champs

12 straight road division wins

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

KCStud just had his trash handed to him.

KCStud: Justin Houston is better! Look at his stats compared to the games Miller missed to injury and played with one hand!

Everyone: Lol wut?

Sheepstud: Welll...um...there's more to playing football than just sacks! He better shape up!

Everyone: He led all rookies in tackles for a loss and finished third in the NFL.

Sheepstud: Well...um...uh....He's no Derrick Thomas!

Me: He probably knows how to put on a condom, so you're right about that!

Last edited by Kaylore; 06-21-2012 at 03:59 PM..
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 04:04 PM   #72
KCStud
Ring of Famer

AmeriStanzi!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
KCStud just had his trash handed to him.

KCStud: Justin Houston is better! Look at his stats compared to the games Miller missed to injury and played with one hand!

Everyone: Lol wut?

Sheepstud: Welll...um...there's more to playing football than just sacks! He better shape up!

Everyone: He led all rookies in tackles for a loss and finished third in the NFL.

Sheepstud: Well...um...uh....He's no Derrick Thomas!

Me: He probably knows how to put on a condom, so you're right about that!
http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=76195

Quote:
I'll wait and see who they replace Herm with before I start worrying. We have our GM and Coach and we're just fine.

Kaylore-We're fine with McD and Xanders. They're gonna do great things here.

Now-..........

funny gifs

Last edited by KCStud; 06-21-2012 at 04:08 PM..
Old 06-21-2012, 04:20 PM   #73
Kaylore
4 time AFCW Champs

12 straight road division wins

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

Nice failed Gif posting coupled with a change of subject to a three year old post. Solid response to your own idiocy that is hours old, sheepstud.
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 04:37 PM   #74
KCStud
Ring of Famer

AmeriStanzi!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Stud found proof of me looking like an ass hat and I have nothing to say but to try to make fun of his gif and ignore my own false statement.
Sums it up Gaylore.
Old 06-21-2012, 05:10 PM   #75
R-Mac

So, a discussion about AFC West LBs turned into smack talk involving McDaniels and Xanders. I guess we won.