The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 06-13-2012, 09:31 PM   #951
Taco John
24/7 Broncos

Peddling the Orange Addiction

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimateHoboW/Shotgun View Post
I need some help here: Spoiler( In the TV series The "dog" says to Sensa basically "I'll be the only one standing between the kings swords and you." Then in the season finale then the "dog" offers to take Sensa away and she declines. Is there something in the books that talks more about this? )If there is a post earlier about this just refer me to it thanks.
Yes.

SPOILER: ( In the books, she already has an escape plan with someone she trusts much more than The Hound. )
Taco John is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 10:01 PM   #952
UltimateHoboW/Shotgun
Lets go Broncos!

Time to believe!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
C.J. Anderson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco John View Post
Yes.

SPOILER: ( In the books, she already has an escape plan with someone she trusts much more than The Hound. )
Ok. Spoiler(The final scene Sensa is smiling because the sister to the knight of flowers wants and gets to marry King Joffery. Is it because she thinks she gets to go home or because she has a scheme cooking?)
UltimateHoboW/Shotgun is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 11:32 PM   #953
Boobs McGee
I promise to stay alive

till the day that I die

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matty P

Good lord I now fully understand why everyone rails on book four. Im just starting it now, but it cant hope to be anywhere CLOSE to three. I'm still in awe and disbelief of everything that just transpired in the last thousand pages. if what everyone says is true, the next thousand is going to feel like watching griese falter and TD tear an acl after 97/98 incredibleness.

Im still trying to wrap my head around the epilogue of 3 with donderrion, the riders, and the "hooded woman". Wtf!?!?!!!

Oh, and another thing...glancing through the table of contents...where are all of the characters?
Boobs McGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 11:34 PM   #954
Baba Booey
twitter: @dpieza

HURRY HURRY!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

A man cannot wait for season three to air. A man is going to read the books in the meantime.

Last edited by Baba Booey; 06-14-2012 at 07:20 AM..
Baba Booey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 05:54 AM   #955
El Guapo
aka mav_7. who?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boobs McGee View Post
Good lord I now fully understand why everyone rails on book four. Im just starting it now, but it cant hope to be anywhere CLOSE to three. I'm still in awe and disbelief of everything that just transpired in the last thousand pages. if what everyone says is true, the next thousand is going to feel like watching griese falter and TD tear an acl after 97/98 incredibleness.

Im still trying to wrap my head around the epilogue of 3 with donderrion, the riders, and the "hooded woman". Wtf!?!?!!!

Oh, and another thing...glancing through the table of contents...where are all of the characters?
Book 3 took me two weeks of casual reading to finish. Book 4 took me a month because of all of the yawns.
El Guapo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 06:11 AM   #956
JLesSPE
Pro Bowler

Quote:

Originally book 4 and 5 were to be one book. I read an interview with GRRM and he said he got through half the story and it was 1000 pages so he split it up. All the characters you don't see in book 4 are in book 5 a great deal. Book 4 and half of book 5 take place during the same time period and it all comes back together at the end of 5.
JLesSPE is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 06:19 AM   #957
supermanhr9
Ring of Famer

"I'm gonna burn this mother down"

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Nobody

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLesSPE View Post
Originally book 4 and 5 were to be one book. I read an interview with GRRM and he said he got through half the story and it was 1000 pages so he split it up. All the characters you don't see in book 4 are in book 5 a great deal. Book 4 and half of book 5 take place during the same time period and it all comes back together at the end of 5.
UNTIL THE END OF BOOK 5 LEAVES YOU GOING ?

Book 6 needs to come out because this series went to the crapper in my opinion leaving so many open story lines!
supermanhr9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 06:27 AM   #958
JLesSPE
Pro Bowler

http://www.hbo.com/game-of-thrones/inside/interviews/george-r-r-martin?autoplay=true&cmpid=ABC587

Doesn't sound like it's very close
JLesSPE is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 07:08 AM   #959
Kaylore
Anybody want a peanut?

Go Avs!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Wesley Duke

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLesSPE View Post
He's definitely got pressure to finish now, though. Before he was just like "whatev." Refering to the series as "a locamotive bearing down on me" suggests more urgency than he usually has when he's busy blogging about the Jets.
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 07:50 AM   #960
Natedogg
1st Amendment Protection

You givin' me a ride home Russell??

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Travis Henry

http://io9.com/5918114/george-w-bush...ame-of-thrones lol. One of the heads on a pike is George W Bush's.
Natedogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 07:52 AM   #961
Natedogg
1st Amendment Protection

You givin' me a ride home Russell??

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Travis Henry

And here he is discussing splitting up book 4 and 5. He jokes that we can mesh them together if we want. I'm surprised no one on the net has done that yet. I would have much rather read that monstrosity. I hope he never splits his books again.

http://www.georgerrmartin.com/done.html
Natedogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 10:18 AM   #962
TheReverend
www.PatrickTurley.org

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
Ok. Spoiler(The final scene Sensa is smiling because the sister to the knight of flowers wants and gets to marry King Joffery. Is it because she thinks she gets to go home or because she has a scheme cooking?)
SPOILER: ( ...its because she doesn't have to marry that cawksucker... )
TheReverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 10:20 AM   #963
TheReverend
www.PatrickTurley.org

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
He's definitely got pressure to finish now, though. Before he was just like "whatev." Refering to the series as "a locamotive bearing down on me" suggests more urgency than he usually has when he's busy blogging about the Jets.
Let's cut him some slack. Sometimes writing incessantly about football for no end result takes priority over creation.

TheReverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 11:26 AM   #964
Fedaykin
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:

SPOILER: (

Ahh, Lady Stoneheart

)
Fedaykin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 11:28 AM   #965
Fedaykin
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
SPOILER: (
She's happy because she will no longer be wed to a psychopath who has abused her physically, sexually, mentally and emotionally for months.

Seems reason enough to me. =)
)
Fedaykin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 12:02 PM   #966
El Guapo
aka mav_7. who?

Have you guys seen this? Now, I know real life politics does not belong in this thread, but it doesn't belong in Game of Thrones either.

Quote:
HBO apologizes for putting George W. Bush's head on stake in 'Game of Thrones'

http://www.myfoxdc.com/story/1878916...ame-of-thrones
Quote:
"It's not a choice, not a political statement!" one of the writers insisted during the DVD commentary. "We just had to use what heads we had around."
Bull****.

If I weren't such a fan of the books/show I would stop watching. This really disgusts me.

Last edited by El Guapo; 06-14-2012 at 12:08 PM..
Old 06-14-2012, 12:08 PM   #967
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Guapo View Post
Have you guys seen this? Now, I know real life politics does not belong in this thread, but it doesn't belong in Game of Thrones either.

Ludicrous. If I weren't such a fan of the books/show I would stop watching. This really disgusts me though.

That is really funny though.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 12:16 PM   #968
El Guapo
aka mav_7. who?

Yeah, hilarious. If it were obama the media (and this place) would be a zoo.
Old 06-14-2012, 12:19 PM   #969
Kaylore
Anybody want a peanut?

Go Avs!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Wesley Duke

Quote:
Yeah, hilarious. If it were obama the media (and this place) would be a zoo.
You can cut it both ways. When you work in a prop department you're looking to save money. You could argue all the heads on the pikes were good men killed by a wicked little bastard. In that sense it suggests he was one of the good guys.

But yes, if Obama's head was up there, there would be a firestorm.
Old 06-14-2012, 12:21 PM   #970
lolcopter

Quote:

Bull****.

If I weren't such a fan of the books/show I would stop watching. This really disgusts me.
Y u mad tho

Last edited by lolcopter; 06-14-2012 at 12:24 PM.. Reason: There are no black ppl in westeros ldo
Old 06-14-2012, 12:53 PM   #971
IHaveALight
the sun is gone

Adopt-a-Bronco:
John Moffitt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
You could argue all the heads on the pikes were good men killed by a wicked little bastard. In that sense it suggests he was one of the good guys.
Yeah that was the intent.
IHaveALight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 01:41 PM   #972
underrated29
10-6 baby.

Cutler doesnt suck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Who cares... It could have been Michael Jacksons head or Lady Di. It does not matter. It means nothing. Its a head. It is a prop. Unless you all look specifically at each face as it tells a major part of the book or series, then Id say lets not be so uptight. It changes nothing in your world or the show.
underrated29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 01:45 PM   #973
IHaveALight
the sun is gone

Adopt-a-Bronco:
John Moffitt

/fun
IHaveALight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 02:05 PM   #974
StugotsIII
O-H

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rahim Moore

Quote:
Originally Posted by underrated29 View Post
Who cares... It could have been Michael Jacksons head or Lady Di. It does not matter. It means nothing. Its a head. It is a prop. Unless you all look specifically at each face as it tells a major part of the book or series, then Id say lets not be so uptight. It changes nothing in your world or the show.
It's no big deal....just some dip-**** making a political statement.

Anyone that thinks this wasn't a political statement is on shrooms.
StugotsIII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 02:11 PM   #975
Kaylore
Anybody want a peanut?

Go Avs!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Wesley Duke

Quote:
Originally Posted by IHaveALight View Post
Yeah that was the intent.
It was a tongue in cheek response. My point is they were grabbing props and that was it. It wasn't a political statement one way or the other.