The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 06-07-2012, 01:47 PM   #926
DomCasual
This one's for Pat!

Shameless Homer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

DomCasual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 03:20 PM   #927
ColoradoDarin
Not Too Shabby Poster

Adopt-a-Bronco:
T J Ward

This whole thing is just a metaphor for the Shanahan/McDaniels/ElFox Broncos drama over the last few years, right?
ColoradoDarin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 03:53 PM   #928
underrated29
Ahoy

You lika da sexy

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by baja View Post
Hard to pass judgement on life events especially when your are talking about someone else's life.

Maybe I can be of assistance then. I am 27, divorced single dad of a 5 year old. With custody because I had a seriously bat **** crazy ex wife (drugs destroyed her).......

.....Now, she did not cheat on me, I did not let her or some dude live with me at anytime, let alone without paying rent. And the few occasions where her new husband has wanted to get physical I laughed at him, made fun of him and called him names. Then I proceeded to walk calmly into his house and grab some of my sons things and my son and walked out while they sat their and watched.
Im not a b****, and they both know it. That is why they did not even think about harrassing me when I went into THEIR house to get my son.

So while my situation is not nearly as dire as Champ24 (sorry other champ lol) I think I am pretty damn close enough in scenarios to relate. And with that I have to say:

WTF! -MAN UP AND BE RELENTLESS ON THIS BIOTCH. DOCUMENT EVERYTHING, BE PROACTIVE AND GET THE DAMN TEST STUPID!
underrated29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 03:58 PM   #929
baja
Happy camper

Sweet

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ware

Quote:
Originally Posted by underrated29 View Post
Maybe I can be of assistance then. I am 27, divorced single dad of a 5 year old. With custody because I had a seriously bat **** crazy ex wife (drugs destroyed her).......

.....Now, she did not cheat on me, I did not let her or some dude live with me at anytime, let alone without paying rent. And the few occasions where her new husband has wanted to get physical I laughed at him, made fun of him and called him names. Then I proceeded to walk calmly into his house and grab some of my sons things and my son and walked out while they sat their and watched.
Im not a b****, and they both know it. That is why they did not even think about harrassing me when I went into THEIR house to get my son.

So while my situation is not nearly as dire as Champ24 (sorry other champ lol) I think I am pretty damn close enough in scenarios to relate. And with that I have to say:

WTF! -MAN UP AND BE RELENTLESS ON THIS BIOTCH. DOCUMENT EVERYTHING, BE PROACTIVE AND GET THE DAMN TEST STUPID!
There is a difference between judgment and informed advice. I think you advice is sound.

BTW Reading here the possible consequences of her later coming back and claiming he is not the father has made me rethink the DNA test. I now see the reason to do it and agree.

Last edited by baja; 06-07-2012 at 04:05 PM..
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 04:10 PM   #930
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

I said Do It!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher

Quote:
There is a difference between judgment and informed advice. I think you advice is sound.

BTW Reading here the possible consequences of her later coming back and claiming he is not the father has made me rethink the DNA test. I now see the reason to do it and agree.
The informed advice came and went and he ignored it. Now we judge. Here is his chance to make bad situation right by going through the correct motions. As much as this thread is full of fun for us on the outside, I would hate to see that his update in a year is bad news for him because he didn't take sound advice.
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 04:50 PM   #931
Shananahan

I'm not too worried about him, honestly. Assuming all of this isn't completely fabricated, he seems very adept at gargling urine and claiming it tastes like lemonade.
Old 06-07-2012, 06:47 PM   #932
Willynowei
Some dude

Football is a wonderful thing.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ryan Clady

Quote:

This man does not take sound advice, he has shown that he is not only a poor decision maker, but blocks reality out when it suits him to. He needs to be judged and screamed, or something extreme so he can wake the **** up.

He honestly needed to be beaten more as a kid.
Willynowei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 06:53 PM   #933
Goobzilla
Lights Out B***h!

BA-ZING!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mitch Erickson

This thread is already being measured for its Ring of Fame jacket. 2 years of pure awesome, don't stop now!
Goobzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 07:10 PM   #934
Spider
Mr Diplomacy

I survived Tebow Mania at the Mane

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

You got some solid advice ....go for it ...you only live once make the most of it ....
Spider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 07:12 PM   #935
theAPAOps5
A new beginning!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Watermock - RIP

My question is this, why was a guy at his sons baseball game cheering and so was another guy? Yeah we find out because he is the father but when you firs read it sounds like a random dude just started cheering and lo and behold he is

Quote:
Are you raising another man's child?

Patrick Connaro, a 42-year-old robotics engineer living in Colorado Springs, was sitting in the bleachers one warm Saturday afternoon in 2003, watching his son's Little League game, when the ground opened beneath him.

"My little boy was there, he was up at bat, and I started yelling for him, 'Go Matthew [not his real name]! Knock it out of the park!' And another man started screaming for Matthew. Louder than me. I looked over, and I looked at him, and I was like, Who is this guy? And I looked at my son, and I looked at him . . . and they were identical."

After the ball game, Connaro ordered a paternity test. The results came back 2 weeks later. "I opened up the letter from Labcorp, and it said, ' . . . 99.9 percent chance you are not the biological father of this child.' I started crying. My head started spinning."

Connaro admits that the possibility had crossed his mind before, given his son's dissimilar facial features, but each time he questioned his wife about it, she vehemently denied the suggestion. Even when he showed her the test results, she still denied it. "She said, 'You forged this,' " Connaro recalls, shaking his head in amazement.

To this day he remembers that game with a kind of nightmarish clarity. Matthew struck out. Connaro had planned on going over and giving him a hug, along with a few words of fatherly consolation, but when he heard the other guy yelling, he just stood up and walked away.

"I was so disillusioned, I just didn't know what to say. It was horrible. I don't think anybody could experience what I experienced there."

Some call this paternity fraud. But a more accurate term is "paternal discrepancy." Paternity fraud emphasizes the financial aspect of the phenomenon, but paternal discrepancy (PD) describes the anomaly itself--the disconnect between what men think is true and the genetic reality. And research shows that it's a lot more common than we might believe.

After recently reviewing 67 studies on the subject, University of Oklahoma researchers found that PD rates tend to be much higher among men who have reason to believe there's been more than one dog in the yard. No surprise there. But leave out these men and you end up with a number that can safely be assumed to represent the rest of us. That number is 3.85 percent. Another review of 19 studies by a group at Liverpool John Moores University backs this up, putting the figure at 3.7 percent of dads. It may not seem like a lot--until you do the math. According to a 2005 U.S. Census Bureau report, there are 27,940,000 fathers nationwide with a child under 18. That means over a million guys out there are taking care of some other man's kid.

Compared with this, infidelity by itself is a mere white lie, a misdemeanor, maybe even forgivable. But this . . . this lie unravels years of commitment in a single stroke. Does forgiveness even apply here?

There are those who believe that biology shouldn't make a difference, that fatherhood is just a social construct. Connaro himself refuses to let genetics stand between him and his son. "I'm the only man that he knows as his dad," he says. "Why should I lose that bond and that love?"

Many men in Connaro's position might not feel the same way. Studies show that evolution has designed men to care deeply about who their children are. In 2003, for instance, researchers at the State University of New York at Albany recruited 20 men and 20 women, then morphed their facial features with photographs of children. Subsequent testing showed that the women responded equally to photos of kids whose faces resembled theirs and those that resembled the faces of strangers. The men, on the other hand, reacted far more positively to children whose faces resembled their own.

Read more at Men's Health: http://www.menshealth.com/best-life/...#ixzz1x8lyJJwU
theAPAOps5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 07:17 PM   #936
baja
Happy camper

Sweet

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ware

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willynowei View Post
This man does not take sound advice, he has shown that he is not only a poor decision maker, but blocks reality out when it suits him to. He needs to be judged and screamed, or something extreme so he can wake the **** up.

He honestly needed to be beaten more as a kid.
Haven't you ever made a dumb decision against the advise of older wiser people (parents maybe) and only in the aftermath of the experience did you realize just how silly your choice was? I know I have and I bet most here have. I don't think I would have benefited from "more beatings". I think that is just a asinine statement. But there have been no shortage of asinine statements on this thread. Maybe one or two by me.

Hope the kid is done posting and gets on with the business of living his life and raising his daughter.
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 11:31 PM   #937
McDman
Ring of Famer

Huzzah!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Again, the thing that kills me is he knowingly let a guy who was banging his wife live with them in the house. WTF?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!
McDman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 11:43 PM   #938
WinningMatters

Champ how much money are you making now? Did you get a better job or what?
Old 06-08-2012, 12:57 AM   #939
Archer81
Optimum Homo

Tactical Neck.

The more I think about this thread, the more it seems like its the longest running fraud in the history of the OM.

Was there a crazy b****? Yes. Is there a daughter? Probably.Was there a Kyle? Yes.

So he hooked up with a crazy chick, possibly knocked her up and allowed another man to not only take away the crazy chick (a blessing, IMO) allowed said free agent dick to take residence in his home for a month.

The entire scenario sets my bull**** meter off.

Archer81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 04:01 PM   #940
maven
★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★

Interesting thread. Well, at least you have a beautiful daughter out of all this. Lemme know when she's legal.
maven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 07:38 AM   #941
Pony Boy
"Whoa Nellie"

Omaha !!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
mellon head

Quote:
Originally Posted by underrated29 View Post

I say WTF to your WTF ....... If you have a seriously bat **** crazy ex wife (who destroyed herself on drugs)....... why would you let her have unsupervised visitation with your son and did you have a criminal background check run on her new husband? Where was your attorney, asleep at the wheel?
Pony Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 07:40 AM   #942
RhymesayersDU
Go Broncos, Nuggets, Rox

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ty Lawson

Quote:
Originally Posted by maven View Post
Interesting thread. Well, at least you have a beautiful daughter out of all this. Lemme know when she's legal.
By that time the Heat will have won nothing and you'll be hiding in a secret bunker, off the grid.
RhymesayersDU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 08:22 AM   #943
Meck77

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhcyennek81 View Post
The more I think about this thread, the more it seems like its the longest running fraud in the history of the OM.

Was there a crazy b****? Yes. Is there a daughter? Probably.Was there a Kyle? Yes.

So he hooked up with a crazy chick, possibly knocked her up and allowed another man to not only take away the crazy chick (a blessing, IMO) allowed said free agent dick to take residence in his home for a month.

The entire scenario sets my bull**** meter off.

I agree but the Oprahs of the site are eating it up which is pretty funny actually.
Meck77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 09:58 AM   #944
DENVERDUI55

What was the outcome of this thread? Heartbreak I would guess.
Old 03-20-2013, 10:15 AM   #945
ZONA
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

Quote:
Originally Posted by DENVERDUI55 View Post
What was the outcome of this thread? Heartbreak I would guess.
Cmon man, this was thread worthy when he needed the advice. It's been 2 years. If you want to know send them man a PM. Don't bring something like this back to life. Good lord. This website is already slower then a turtle. No need to make it slower with keeping a topic like this ongoing.
ZONA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 10:18 AM   #946
Jekyll15Hyde
Anti Frown Cannon & McD..

I just want to thank the bump because I missed this when it was ongoing. Didnt read it all but loved some of the synopsis presented. CrazyHoBurg....
Jekyll15Hyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 11:43 AM   #947
SleepingTiger
Ring of Famer

Ole J

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tony Carter

dang, i just saw this thread. wow.... speechless.

anyways, did he ever get a paternity test?
SleepingTiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 10:26 PM   #948
penguintheory
studio gangster

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Joe Momma

Mind go boom
penguintheory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 11:22 PM   #949
ZONA
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

Quote:
Originally Posted by penguintheory View Post
Mind go boom
Awesome avatar - rep
ZONA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 11:50 PM   #950
Jason in LA
Gimmie that rep fool!

Speaking of Butts & Boob Mojo

This is one of the greatest threads ever! It brought us the "Myrtle Beach" jokes. Those are as good as the "Ghost Buster" jokes.
Jason in LA is offline   Reply With Quote