The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-07-2012, 02:11 PM   #276
Jetmeck
Not a Chief's board
 
Jetmeck's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 6,291
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronco militia View Post
hillis has never been consistant from year to year in his entire career. He's a nice role player in any offense, but he will never be "the guy".
he was consistent for us.he was a freakin bulldozer at times with great hands. Cleveland is another story...when healthy he had some great games for them.

he is a damn site more consistent than the home run hitter swinging and missing/dancing around looking for that one big hit.

I'll take the single or double or 2nd and 5 everytime................
Jetmeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 02:16 PM   #277
bronco militia
OMG...this is horrible!
 
bronco militia's Avatar
 
THE GREATEST

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: colorado springs, co
Posts: 24,458
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jetmeck View Post
he was consistent for us.he was a freakin bulldozer at times with great hands. Cleveland is another story...when healthy he had some great games for them.

he is a damn site more consistent than the home run hitter swinging and missing/dancing around looking for that one big hit.

I'll take the single or double or 2nd and 5 everytime................
I think he fits in well with the rest of the inconsistant RB's on the chiefs roster.
bronco militia is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 02:18 PM   #278
Jetmeck
Not a Chief's board
 
Jetmeck's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 6,291
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronco militia View Post
I think he fits in well with the rest of the inconsistant RB's on the chiefs roster.
That describes JC.....Hillis will be more consistent for them.

JC like LJ will be gone after having a couple of good years............
Jetmeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 03:44 PM   #279
KCStud
Ring of Famer
 
KCStud's Avatar
 
AmeriStanzi!

Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 5,711

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jetmeck View Post
Naw....your just a red/white glasses fool............I call it like I see it.
Your eyesight is impaired.

Quote:
He is hurt ...as bad as it gets for his position and he is small and cannot get the hard yards.
Again, medicine has come a long way in the last 10 years, especially for ACL tears. Ryan Broyles and AD are doing just fine and they got injured in November/December. Charles was already 2 months into rehab at that point. It usually takes roughly 9 months to come back from the injury. Charles has an entire year.

Quote:
TD was a tweaner with size and speed and could do it all................you got a scatback.........just look at CJ who
disappears just like your fool has done even when healthy.
The Chiefs have no intentions of using Charles for the tough short yards. That's why they signed Thomas Jones, then Peyton Hillis.

The Titans are stupid. Giving CJ 358 carries was plain stupid. It was even more stupid to give him 300+ carries the next season to ruin his legs ala Larry Johnson and Curtis Martin. The Chiefs are being smart by not giving Charles 300 carries. That's what shortens a RB's career.

Charles is one of the most explosive RB's in the league and you saying he disappeared is funny. When did he disappear?
He's been an elite playmaker ever since he's started.
KCStud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 04:01 PM   #280
Drunken.Broncoholic
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sourc...dPIR3W8o0wOAWw


Actually you are wrong KCstud. I would only compare running backs with acl injuries. Not a WR like broyles.
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 04:05 PM   #281
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer
 
Tombstone RJ's Avatar
 
Old School

Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: In the Tetons!
Posts: 21,955

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams
Default

I think people need to stick to the point here: the chiefs suck.
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 04:25 PM   #282
Jetmeck
Not a Chief's board
 
Jetmeck's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 6,291
Default

THE ONLY PLACE JC IS ELITE IS IN YOUR HEAD............
he is injured and SMALL.

SPEED AND CUTBACKS ON A BUM KNEE...good luck .
Jetmeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 04:25 PM   #283
KCStud
Ring of Famer
 
KCStud's Avatar
 
AmeriStanzi!

Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 5,711

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken.Broncoholic View Post
http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sourc...dPIR3W8o0wOAWw


Actually you are wrong KCstud. I would only compare running backs with acl injuries. Not a WR like broyles.
Diagnosis: Lewis is a unique case, because he suffered his right ACL tear before the start of the 2001 season and missed the entire year. The fact that he was injured so early was a huge advantage for the bruising back, who also tore up his left knee in 1998 as a collegiate player with the Tennessee Volunteers. With youth on his side and a full season off the gridiron, Lewis made a successful return in 2002 with 1,327 yards on the ground and seven total touchdowns. Those weren't huge numbers, however, and again Lewis was a special example in this research.

Same situation as Charles.

Jamal Lewis, Edge James, Willis McGahee all came back just fine.

Ronnie Brown and Kevin Smith were never as good as JC or any of the 3 listed above. They weren't very good before they got injured.

To say Charles career is going down the tube is wrong. The guy is 23 years old. Not 36.
KCStud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 04:27 PM   #284
Jetmeck
Not a Chief's board
 
Jetmeck's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 6,291
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken.Broncoholic View Post
http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sourc...dPIR3W8o0wOAWw


Actually you are wrong KCstud. I would only compare running backs with acl injuries. Not a WR like broyles.

Read up DUD..............
Jetmeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 04:27 PM   #285
KCStud
Ring of Famer
 
KCStud's Avatar
 
AmeriStanzi!

Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 5,711

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jetmeck View Post
THE ONLY PLACE JC IS ELITE IS IN YOUR HEAD............
he is injured and SMALL.

SPEED AND CUTBACKS ON A BUM KNEE...good luck .


"6.4 is the 2nd best YPC a RB has had in a season."
KCStud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 04:30 PM   #286
Jetmeck
Not a Chief's board
 
Jetmeck's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 6,291
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCStud View Post
Diagnosis: Lewis is a unique case, because he suffered his right ACL tear before the start of the 2001 season and missed the entire year. The fact that he was injured so early was a huge advantage for the bruising back, who also tore up his left knee in 1998 as a collegiate player with the Tennessee Volunteers. With youth on his side and a full season off the gridiron, Lewis made a successful return in 2002 with 1,327 yards on the ground and seven total touchdowns. Those weren't huge numbers, however, and again Lewis was a special example in this research.

Same situation as Charles.

Jamal Lewis, Edge James, Willis McGahee all came back just fine.

Ronnie Brown and Kevin Smith were never as good as JC or any of the 3 listed above. They weren't very good before they got injured.

To say Charles career is going down the tube is wrong. The guy is 23 years old. Not 36.

A scatback making his living off speed and cutting ability............

You believe whatever you want since you keep believeing in a pathetic organization but the odds are not in his favor to return to anywhere close to where he was and HE NEVER EVER WAS AN ELITE BACK............
Jetmeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 04:31 PM   #287
Jetmeck
Not a Chief's board
 
Jetmeck's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 6,291
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCStud View Post


"6.4 is the 2nd best YPC a RB has had in a season."
How many TDs and wins did that create ?

Stats are for losers so you and the Chiefs should love this clip
that proves nothing..................
Jetmeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 04:33 PM   #288
Jetmeck
Not a Chief's board
 
Jetmeck's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 6,291
Default

NOTHING has changed for over 4 decades............losing fans, players , coaching and ownership equals just what you got..............NOTHING !!!!!
Jetmeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 04:35 PM   #289
KCStud
Ring of Famer
 
KCStud's Avatar
 
AmeriStanzi!

Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 5,711

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jetmeck View Post
A scatback making his living off speed and cutting ability............

You believe whatever you want since you keep believeing in a pathetic organization but the odds are not in his favor to return to anywhere close to where he was and HE NEVER EVER WAS AN ELITE BACK............
Yes Charles is gonna be done for his career and Manning is gonna be the same old guy with no problems with his neck?

That's what you're gonna cry next right?
KCStud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 04:35 PM   #290
Drunken.Broncoholic
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Did you just compare Lewis with Charles?? Their body frames are different as their skill set. Fact is most RBs lose results the following year. That's part of why moreno just got replaced.

Last edited by Drunken.Broncoholic; 06-07-2012 at 04:38 PM..
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 04:37 PM   #291
Jetmeck
Not a Chief's board
 
Jetmeck's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 6,291
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCStud View Post
Yes Charles is gonna be done for his career and Manning is gonna be the same old guy with no problems with his neck?

That's what you're gonna cry next right?
mANNING AND cHARLES ARE IN THE SAME BOAT..........

EXCEPT HE WILL HARDLY GET HIT OR RUN WITH THE BALL.........

COME ON TRY HARDER..............

yOU READ THE ARTICLE BUT DON'T SEEM TO COMPREHEND...........

Most on that list DID NOT come back to like they were......that is the point............gawd damn hard headed Chef fan...............

Last edited by Jetmeck; 06-07-2012 at 04:40 PM..
Jetmeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 04:39 PM   #292
Drunken.Broncoholic
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Adrian Peterson won't be the same this year and he's lights out better than Charles.
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 04:48 PM   #293
KCStud
Ring of Famer
 
KCStud's Avatar
 
AmeriStanzi!

Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 5,711

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken.Broncoholic View Post
Did you just compare Lewis with Charles?? Their body frames are different as their skill set. Fact is most RBs lose results the following year. That's part of why moreno just got replaced.
Just compared that they both got hurt early and that having an entire year to recover is a big advantage.

Charles isn't a bruising back, which is good because he won't have to deal with the brunt of inside hits. He's more of a straightforward runner that will doesn't do a ton of jukes.

Read this. It's really good insight about how treatment has developed.
http://www.sportsmed-forum.com/index..._pag_acl-5.htm

Treatment Options: Treatment of ACL injuries has come a long way in the past ten years. Today athletes have greater than a 90% chance of returning to their pre-injury level of sports participation.
KCStud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 04:55 PM   #294
KCStud
Ring of Famer
 
KCStud's Avatar
 
AmeriStanzi!

Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 5,711

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken.Broncoholic View Post
Adrian Peterson won't be the same this year and he's lights out better than Charles.
Apples and oranges. AD got injured on X-mas eve. Charles got injured in mid September. That's a 3 month difference. Charles knee was already recovered from his surgery (swelling mainly) and he was already into the first stage of physical therapy when AD got hurt.

AD is also way more relied on in Minnesota. He's needed for speed and power. Charles shares carries and is used more for sweeps and off-tackle runs.


I'm not saying Charles is going to get 2K and 25 TD's this year. I don't think he'll end up like TD though. I think he'll return to his old self in time, whether that's next year or the year after or the year after.
KCStud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 05:06 PM   #295
Shananahan
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Forget about Charles.

How much do you really think Bowe is worth?
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 05:38 PM   #296
KCStud
Ring of Famer
 
KCStud's Avatar
 
AmeriStanzi!

Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 5,711

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shananahan View Post
Forget about Charles.

How much do you really think Bowe is worth?
Not Megatron money, but he deserves his. If Bowe had a franchise QB he'd be getting at least 12 TD's a year.

He's waiting for Welker's deal. I assume it will be somewhat close to that.
KCStud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 06:25 PM   #297
Shananahan
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

I think I'd be pretty upset if my team signed that guy to anywhere near top-ten money. That's completely unbiased as well (I think). He shows flashes, but he disappears or drops his way out of games too often for a guy who would want that kind of money. I'd have to see him do it consistently before I even thought about it. I don't really buy the franchise QB argument, either. Lloyd was hardly playing with a franchise QB and put up ridiculous numbers as the team's only real receiving threat.

Bowe made a name for himself and went to the Pro Bowl off of a 4-6 week stretch of games in which he caught about half of his TDs for the year. I think he's talented, but overrated. I'd be delighted to see KC pay him $9+ million/year with a big signing bonus.
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 07:13 PM   #298
KCStud
Ring of Famer
 
KCStud's Avatar
 
AmeriStanzi!

Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 5,711

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shananahan View Post
I think I'd be pretty upset if my team signed that guy to anywhere near top-ten money. That's completely unbiased as well (I think). He shows flashes, but he disappears or drops his way out of games too often for a guy who would want that kind of money. I'd have to see him do it consistently before I even thought about it. I don't really buy the franchise QB argument, either. Lloyd was hardly playing with a franchise QB and put up ridiculous numbers as the team's only real receiving threat.

Bowe made a name for himself and went to the Pro Bowl off of a 4-6 week stretch of games in which he caught about half of his TDs for the year. I think he's talented, but overrated. I'd be delighted to see KC pay him $9+ million/year with a big signing bonus.
Well look at what he's done in the NFL since he's been here.

He's had 1,000 yards receiving every year (995 yards rookie year but still basically 1,000) except 2009 when Todd Haley benched him and Derrick Johnson because he was trying to make them better.

Look who he's had throwing him the ball? Damon Huard, Brodie Croyle, Tyler Palko? I mean at least he's had success with Cassel.

Bowe looked pretty good with Orton in the 2 1/2 games he was with him. 80 yards and a TD vs Oakland and 93 yards on Champ Bailey in the first half he played (3 20+ yard catches). Not too bad.

I think if you have someone good throwing him the ball, then he's good for a 1,200 yards and 12 TD type of year.
KCStud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 08:00 AM   #299
Bronco Rob
Ring of Famer
 
Bronco Rob's Avatar
 
The Alpha & The Omega

Join Date: Apr 2001
Posts: 4,746

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Kush & Irsay
Default

No Dwayne Bowe progress in K.C


Kansas City general manger Scott Pioli offered no update on the situation with receiver Dwayne Bowe. He is not expected to attend the teamís mandatory minicamp. He's not technically under contract because he hasnít signed his franchise tag.

Again, this is just a procedural situation that will eventually play itself out. Bowe is not going to bypass $9-plus million this year (his franchise tag number) if he is not given long-term deal before he signs his tender.




http://espn.go.com/blog/afcwest/post...rogress-in-k-c
Bronco Rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 02:26 PM   #300
Jetmeck
Not a Chief's board
 
Jetmeck's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 6,291
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCStud View Post
Well look at what he's done in the NFL since he's been here.

He's had 1,000 yards receiving every year (995 yards rookie year but still basically 1,000) except 2009 when Todd Haley benched him and Derrick Johnson because he was trying to make them better.

Look who he's had throwing him the ball? Damon Huard, Brodie Croyle, Tyler Palko? I mean at least he's had success with Cassel.

Bowe looked pretty good with Orton in the 2 1/2 games he was with him. 80 yards and a TD vs Oakland and 93 yards on Champ Bailey in the first half he played (3 20+ yard catches). Not too bad.

I think if you have someone good throwing him the ball, then he's good for a 1,200 yards and 12 TD type of year.
So now you are saying Croyle is a chump............not what you said couple years ago.

Thats my beef with you crazy on the wrong board losers.......least be consistent with your stupidity............
Attached Images
 

Last edited by Jetmeck; 06-12-2012 at 02:37 PM..
Jetmeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:52 PM.


Denver Broncos