The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 06-04-2012, 12:13 PM   #826
Taco John
24/7 Broncos

All Hail King Midas

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
Would bet money Howland is introduced in WoW and spills the beans.
I expect you're right, but Jojen and Meera may also know the truth - whatever the truth is.
Taco John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 12:13 PM   #827
myMind
splinters reality until

We Grok

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
That's just an assumption you're making. SPOILER: ( So little happens on Brans journey precoldhands that they could cut it all out outside of the one scene with jon and the wildlings. )
SPOILER: ( I'd say Bran being guided by Jojen learning to control his warging ability is fairly important, though it could be relegated to a handful of short scenes easily. I would bet that they seperate Bran and Rickon when the Reeds show up next season. )

In general I feel that they attributed way too much time to the events in Kings Landing, and the other more interesting and important plots suffered for it.
myMind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 12:16 PM   #828
myMind
splinters reality until

We Grok

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Would bet money Howland is introduced in WoW and spills the beans.
Im sure it will happen, wouldnt be surprised if he is somehow at the wall.
Old 06-04-2012, 12:34 PM   #829
Kaylore
Shall we begin?

Pete Carroll is a douche

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

Quote:
Originally Posted by myMind View Post
SPOILER: ( I'd say Bran being guided by Jojen learning to control his warging ability is fairly important, though it could be relegated to a handful of short scenes easily. I would bet that they seperate Bran and Rickon when the Reeds show up next season. )

In general I feel that they attributed way too much time to the events in Kings Landing, and the other more interesting and important plots suffered for it.
I agree. Probably cost related.
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 12:44 PM   #830
bronco militia
OMG...this is horrible!

THE GREATEST

bronco militia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 12:45 PM   #831
Fedaykin
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:

Yeah, I really think HBO needs to increase to at least 12 epis, which is pretty normal for their series anyway.

I suggest they scrap the terrible "Girls" and reassign all its budget too.
Fedaykin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 01:04 PM   #832
TheReverend
www.PatrickTurley.org

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:

RE: your spoiler. I guess you didnt notice but Osha pretty much handled ALL of that this past season on the show.
TheReverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 01:06 PM   #833
TheReverend
www.PatrickTurley.org

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
Im sure it will happen, wouldnt be surprised if he is somehow at the wall.
Haha yeah, EVERYONE needs to GTFUpthere or there's not enough pepper for the Westerosi collective anguses.
Old 06-04-2012, 03:59 PM   #834
Endy
Go Donks

Thanks McDaniels for my season tix

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Nacho

So let's say I've watched seasons one and two but don't want to go back and read books one and two. Actually I would, but my reading time is filled up with lots of other books that must be read. Would I be able to pick up the third book and understand what was going on just having watched the first two on TV?

Thanks and I'll listen off the air.
Endy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 04:23 PM   #835
Fedaykin
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endy View Post
So let's say I've watched seasons one and two but don't want to go back and read books one and two. Actually I would, but my reading time is filled up with lots of other books that must be read. Would I be able to pick up the third book and understand what was going on just having watched the first two on TV?

Yeah; All of the major plot lines are in motion, though lots of little details have changed.
Old 06-04-2012, 08:49 PM   #836
Taco John
24/7 Broncos

All Hail King Midas

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endy View Post

Yes, for sure. The details you'd miss wouldn't be important enough to ruin your read. This would, however, be like going straight for dessert before having your steak and wine (Book three is the best book of the series in most opinions). You can't lose, to be sure - especially if you don't have the time to read the first two books. But the first two books provide better character details than you currently know - including the character of Westeros itself.

Last edited by Taco John; 06-04-2012 at 08:52 PM..
Taco John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 01:42 AM   #837
Dutch
The Flying Dutchman

Leatherneck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rubin Carter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco John View Post
Yes, for sure. The details you'd miss wouldn't be important enough to ruin your read. This would, however, be like going straight for dessert before having your steak and wine (Book three is the best book of the series in most opinions). You can't lose, to be sure - especially if you don't have the time to read the first two books. But the first two books provide better character details than you currently know - including the character of Westeros itself.
Nice way of putting it, Taco. I agree completely. Also, nice to see/read you here, Endy. Been awhile oldtimer.
Dutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 06:08 AM   #838
Endy
Go Donks

Thanks McDaniels for my season tix

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Nacho

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutch View Post
Nice way of putting it, Taco. I agree completely. Also, nice to see/read you here, Endy. Been awhile oldtimer.
Still read the mane every day. Don't post much though (obviously). I usually don't get into threads until they've hit the third/fourth page digression into idiocy. This is where I make the requisite statement about how good things used to be in the "Good Old Days" of OM when we all just hated the Chiefs/Raiders/Chargers and not each other.

Old is right though. That pic in my avatar is of my first son who was born in October 2003, about 7 months after I joined the OM. He's in 3rd grade now and travels every year to Denver to see at least one Broncos game. Should probably get around to changing that avatar some time.

Last edited by Endy; 06-05-2012 at 06:13 AM..
Endy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 09:25 AM   #839
manchambo
Ring of Famer

I finally watched the finale last night (I had gotten far behind, but watched five episodes the past two nights). I agree that the sacking of Winterfell was perplexing to someone who hasn't read the book yet.

I was also a bit confused by what happened to the Hound and Sansa--we see them leaving and then Sansa is in the throne room when Tywin rides his horse in, etc. Is there more to this part of the story that will be revealed later? Did I miss something?
manchambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 09:27 AM   #840
TheReverend
www.PatrickTurley.org

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by manchambo View Post
I finally watched the finale last night (I had gotten far behind, but watched five episodes the past two nights). I agree that the sacking of Winterfell was perplexing to someone who hasn't read the book yet.

I was also a bit confused by what happened to the Hound and Sansa--we see them leaving and then Sansa is in the throne room when Tywin rides his horse in, etc. Is there more to this part of the story that will be revealed later? Did I miss something?
Sansa didn't go with the Hound. She said no when he offered to take her away.
Old 06-06-2012, 10:03 AM   #841
Boobs McGee
I promise to stay alive

till the day that I die

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matty P

Quote:
Sansa didn't go with the Hound. She said no when he offered to take her away.
When i saw that in the show, I couldn't BELIEVE she didn't go with him!!!! About halfway through book 2 now, and the Hound is still one of my favorite characters. Tyrion is head and shoulders above everyone else though, that little (p)imp is just such an incredible character.

Also, one thing that I've noticed, is that Varys isn't getting some of the justice he deserves imo. In the books, he comes off as MUCH more cunning/capable than he does on t.v.

Can't put these books down, SO much more in depth!!!!!!!!
Boobs McGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 10:20 AM   #842
TheReverend
www.PatrickTurley.org

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boobs McGee View Post
When i saw that in the show, I couldn't BELIEVE she didn't go with him!!!! About halfway through book 2 now, and the Hound is still one of my favorite characters. Tyrion is head and shoulders above everyone else though, that little (p)imp is just such an incredible character.

Also, one thing that I've noticed, is that Varys isn't getting some of the justice he deserves imo. In the books, he comes off as MUCH more cunning/capable than he does on t.v.

Can't put these books down, SO much more in depth!!!!!!!!
Maybe so, but Varys also comes off FAR MORE likeable in the show than in the books, imo.
Old 06-06-2012, 10:45 AM   #843
Boobs McGee
I promise to stay alive

till the day that I die

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matty P

Quote:
Maybe so, but Varys also comes off FAR MORE likeable in the show than in the books, imo.

I would agree with that...however I'm not TOO far along yet, and as of right now the books convey a fairly soft side. Of course, he'll do anything to help the realm, and his little birds ARE everywhere, and jrrm HAS duped me into believing his lies much like Ned Stark did...SO MUCH DECEIT!!!!! NO ONE CAN BE TRUSTED!!!!!!

Another quick thing - for someone that hasn't checked ahead for spoilers, I'm getting a strong feeling that Arya and Robert's Bastard Gendry are headed for big things. Seems like it could be a love story in the making? She'd be a pretty bowss queen (imo) someday, if Stannis/Rob/Joff/ are all killed off. I really like that there are soooo many possibilities! LOVE THIS SERIES!
Old 06-06-2012, 10:56 AM   #844
myMind
splinters reality until

We Grok

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
I'm getting a strong feeling that Arya and Robert's Bastard Gendry are headed for big things. Seems like it could be a love story in the making? She'd be a pretty bowss queen (imo) someday, if Stannis/Rob/Joff/ are all killed off. I really like that there are soooo many possibilities! LOVE THIS SERIES!
You'll have your answer in book three.
Old 06-06-2012, 11:00 AM   #845
TheReverend
www.PatrickTurley.org

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
I would agree with that...however I'm not TOO far along yet, and as of right now the books convey a fairly soft side. Of course, he'll do anything to help the realm, and his little birds ARE everywhere, and jrrm HAS duped me into believing his lies much like Ned Stark did...SO MUCH DECEIT!!!!! NO ONE CAN BE TRUSTED!!!!!!

Another quick thing - for someone that hasn't checked ahead for spoilers, I'm getting a strong feeling that Arya and Robert's Bastard Gendry are headed for big things. Seems like it could be a love story in the making? She'd be a pretty bowss queen (imo) someday, if Stannis/Rob/Joff/ are all killed off. I really like that there are soooo many possibilities! LOVE THIS SERIES!
By the end of book 5 Arya is pregnant with Gendry's baby.
Old 06-06-2012, 11:07 AM   #846
Shananahan

http://store.hbo.com/game-of-thrones...o_new-arrivals
Old 06-06-2012, 11:09 AM   #847
Fedaykin
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
And obviously dark magics were involved, or they are using rBGH in the milk in Westeros =)
Old 06-06-2012, 11:17 AM   #848
Shananahan

Jesus, waaaaaaaaaaaay too many spoilers in this thread. Somebody should have started a thread for the books and a thread for the show and prevented all this overlap.
Old 06-06-2012, 11:24 AM   #849
Boobs McGee
I promise to stay alive

till the day that I die

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matty P

Quote:
Good Laaaaawd if that's true when I get to the fifth book I'm warping back in time to superdragonpunch your genitalia.
Old 06-06-2012, 11:25 AM   #850
underrated29
10-6 baby.

Cutler doesnt suck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shananahan View Post
Jesus, waaaaaaaaaaaay too many spoilers in this thread. Somebody should have started a thread for the books and a thread for the show and prevented all this overlap.

Rev is effing with you guys on the baby part. He would just blast out a spoiler like that if it was true....Hes kind enough to put up the spoiler tags when needed.

Having said that I still cant believe SPOILER: that joffrey knocked up his own mother...End Spoiler---the incest runs deep in that family.
underrated29 is offline   Reply With Quote