The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-04-2012, 08:15 PM   #226
SoCalBronco
Nixonite
 
SoCalBronco's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Arcadia, CA
Posts: 36,705

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
KC, is your first name Chris? Serious question.
It wouldn't be a bad bet...considering what seems like half this board is named Chris.

Sheepstud may or may not be a Chris....but I hear his wife is named Baaaa-rbara.
__________________
Its a Hockey Night in Pittsburgh!

SoCalBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 08:26 PM   #227
Kaylore
Because I am better
 
Kaylore's Avatar
 
Everything

Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Ceti Alpha V
Posts: 46,873

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalBronco View Post
It wouldn't be a bad bet...considering what seems like half this board is named Chris.

Sheepstud may or may not be a Chris....but I hear his wife is named Baaaa-rbara.
Baa-baaarbaraaaan?
Kaylore is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 08:27 PM   #228
Irish Stout
Ring of Famer
 
Irish Stout's Avatar
 
Run for it Marty!

Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Colorado
Posts: 3,977

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Wesley Woodyard
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCStud View Post
We care more about beating the Raiders than you. Keep dreaming.
This is solid logic. If this is the logic in the KC organization as well, its fantastic! Years of mediocrity ahead!
Irish Stout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 08:35 PM   #229
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum
 
broncosteven's Avatar
 
Juwan The Headless Thompson Gunner!

Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Tranquility Base
Posts: 36,480

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Juwan Thompson
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCStud View Post
We care more about beating the Raiders than you. Keep dreaming.
Are you on a Raiders board also?
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 08:39 PM   #230
KCStud
Ring of Famer
 
KCStud's Avatar
 
AmeriStanzi!

Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 5,918

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
KC, is your first name Chris? Serious question.
Nope. I hear Brokeback Mt has a lot of guys named Chris though. Half of them are married to each other.
KCStud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 09:04 PM   #231
Tim
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Kevin Boss and Future 1st Ballot HOF Tony Moeaki will be like Gronk and Hernandez this season

http://www.kansascity.com/2012/06/03...esults-at.html
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 09:12 PM   #232
SoCalBronco
Nixonite
 
SoCalBronco's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Arcadia, CA
Posts: 36,705

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCStud View Post
We care more about beating the Raiders than you. Keep dreaming.
You're more interested in beating Oakland? Oakland is most likely going to finish last in the division this year. They've lost some important talent from last year's mediocre team.
__________________
Its a Hockey Night in Pittsburgh!

SoCalBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 09:18 PM   #233
KCStud
Ring of Famer
 
KCStud's Avatar
 
AmeriStanzi!

Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 5,918

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalBronco View Post
You're more interested in beating Oakland? Oakland is most likely going to finish last in the division this year. They've lost some important talent from last year's mediocre team.
Yes but we hate them. We hated you guys in the 90's, but not really so much since.

How could we hate you when you had the nicest player in the history of sports as your QB?
KCStud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 10:31 PM   #234
Jetmeck
Not a Chief's board
 
Jetmeck's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 6,387
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCStud View Post
It all makes sense now. Let me guess you started rooting for the Patriots too when they got Brady?
Your smack is weak **** just like your hapless football team.

Never wavered from the Broncs since 83........
don't be stupid ALLLLLL your life....
Jetmeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 11:44 PM   #235
KCStud
Ring of Famer
 
KCStud's Avatar
 
AmeriStanzi!

Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 5,918

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jetmeck View Post
Your smack is weak **** just like your hapless football team.

Never wavered from the Broncs since 83........
don't be stupid ALLLLLL your life....
It's ok Jetmeck. I'm sure the board will understand that you wear Chiefs uni's under your Bronco uni's.
KCStud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 11:48 PM   #236
stopgap
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Do Chiefs fans not have their own board?
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 12:18 AM   #237
Shananahan
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

It's always confused the hell out of me that Kansas City fans would actually go around talking smack about anything related to their football team. I just can't wrap my brain around the thought process behind it.

I mean, surely nobody goes around in real life bragging about the Chiefs, right? What would they have to brag about that's happened in the past three decades? Maybe that's why there are those who seek out opponent message boards to attempt smack talk on: the anonymity of the internet makes it the only place safe to do so.
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 12:25 AM   #238
Shananahan
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

I get that some people are fans of the team and don't hold that against them. There are all kinds of acceptable- if not tragic- reasons for being one (incest, fetal alcohol syndrome, excessive masochistic tendencies, etc). I just don't understand the mentality where you think have to the right, much less the obligation, to talk smack on the topic of football.

I'll admit that Denver hasn't won much in the past decade (though we've been much more successful than Kansas City), but I'm not running around wasting my time and the time of others' being a pathetic nuisance on a Kansas City message board pretending my team is something they're not, either.
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 12:32 AM   #239
stopgap
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shananahan View Post
It's always confused the hell out of me that Kansas City fans would actually go around talking smack about anything related to their football team. I just can't wrap my brain around the thought process behind it.

I mean, surely nobody goes around in real life bragging about the Chiefs, right? What would they have to brag about that's happened in the past three decades? Maybe that's why there are those who seek out opponent message boards to attempt smack talk on: the anonymity of the internet makes it the only place safe to do so.
I pretty much get that. I remember going to old Mile High and hanging with Chiefs fans that took their RV to the game. They shared their keg with us and their food.Good people.
It's the guise of the internet anonymity that is giving them a bad name. Thanks to a couple of them here.
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 01:24 AM   #240
Bob's your Information Minister
Chiefs > Broncos
 

Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 26,152

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CHRIS KUPER!!!
Default

We really do.

I meant, Romeo Crennel and Matt Cassel?

THINK ABOUT IT.

Sad thing is, most Chiefs fans don't even realize it.
Bob's your Information Minister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 01:27 AM   #241
Bob's your Information Minister
Chiefs > Broncos
 

Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 26,152

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CHRIS KUPER!!!
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shananahan View Post
I'll admit that Denver hasn't won much in the past decade (though we've been much more successful than Kansas City),
Whoa there bro, let's analyze:

Broncos - 8.6 wins per year, 4 playoff appearances
Chiefs - 7.4 wins per year, 3 playoff appearances

Looks like we're in the same boat.
Bob's your Information Minister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 01:30 AM   #242
Shananahan
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

That's cute, Bob.
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 06:56 AM   #243
Broncomutt
Looking for
 
Broncomutt's Avatar
 
the Sunflower Samurai

Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Waxhaw, NC
Posts: 1,333
Default

Ten facts about January 16th, 1994

1) The Kansas City Chiefs win their last playoff game against the Jack Pardee/Buddy Ryan coached Houston Oilers

2) CBS still has the TV contract to broadcast NFC games

3) Most office computers use the latest operating system called Windows NT, and home PCs use Windows 3.1

4) The internet is more commonly referred to as "The Information Superhighway"

5) A computer with a 33 MHz processor, 8 MB DRAM and a 210 MB hard drive costs about $2200 USD

6) Most Americans still think of OJ Simpson as a good guy and a role model

7) Jacqueline Kennedy Onasis, John Candy and Kurt Cobain are still alive

8) The TV programs LA Law and The Arsenio Hall Show are still on the air

9) The Kansas City Chiefs begin the 3rd longest playoff victory drought currently in the NFL. They are behind only the perrenial NFL heavyweights, Detroit and Cincinnati

10) Jennifer Anniston ↓↓↓
Attached Images
 
Broncomutt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 07:55 AM   #244
scorpio
Cubicle Pimp
 
scorpio's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 3,502
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncomutt View Post
Ten facts about January 16th, 1994

1) The Kansas City Chiefs win their last playoff game against the Jack Pardee/Buddy Ryan coached Houston Oilers

2) CBS still has the TV contract to broadcast NFC games

3) Most office computers use the latest operating system called Windows NT, and home PCs use Windows 3.1

4) The internet is more commonly referred to as "The Information Superhighway"

5) A computer with a 33 MHz processor, 8 MB DRAM and a 210 MB hard drive costs about $2200 USD

6) Most Americans still think of OJ Simpson as a good guy and a role model

7) Jacqueline Kennedy Onasis, John Candy and Kurt Cobain are still alive

8) The TV programs LA Law and The Arsenio Hall Show are still on the air

9) The Kansas City Chiefs begin the 3rd longest playoff victory drought currently in the NFL. They are behind only the perrenial NFL heavyweights, Detroit and Cincinnati

10) Jennifer Anniston ↓↓↓
John Candy is dead ??
scorpio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 08:04 AM   #245
Drunken.Broncoholic
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob's your Information Minister View Post
Whoa there bro, let's analyze:

Broncos - 8.6 wins per year, 4 playoff appearances
Chiefs - 7.4 wins per year, 3 playoff appearances

Looks like we're in the same boat.
So you are saying the broncos average a winning season, while chiefs average a losing season. Pretty much what shananahan said
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 09:26 AM   #246
KCStud
Ring of Famer
 
KCStud's Avatar
 
AmeriStanzi!

Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 5,918

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

The entire AFC West has been below average since the Raiders went to the SB.

I mean c'mon. Every team has had pathetic meltdowns in the playoffs.

Chargers have had 14 wins and lost, they beat Manning and then lost.
Chiefs have had home field advantage and lost.
Broncos had homefield advantage in the AFC Championship game and blew it.
Raiders, well they just haven't even made the playoffs since then.

The Seahawks made the freaking SB (that they got screwed over on). They've been more relevant than our entire division.
KCStud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 09:31 AM   #247
KCStud
Ring of Famer
 
KCStud's Avatar
 
AmeriStanzi!

Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 5,918

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Chiefs fans don't think our team is the best, or the organization. I think it's funny how a lot of Bronco fans think they're the Steelers and act like they're miles better than the rest of the division.
KCStud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 09:31 AM   #248
Drunken.Broncoholic
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

I'm not saying the AFC west has been great. I agree. Maybe thats why they suck in the playoffs. Got used to having to play mediocre talent.
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 11:17 AM   #249
Jetmeck
Not a Chief's board
 
Jetmeck's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 6,387
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCStud View Post
Chiefs fans don't think our team is the best, or the organization. I think it's funny how a lot of Bronco fans think they're the Steelers and act like they're miles better than the rest of the division.
Nobody here has ever said we were the Steelers even though we just beat them................lol

However we aren't running around like a chicken with its head cut off on another team's board talking absolutely ridiculous chit that we can't back up.

Big difference between your clueless hopeless fan base and ours.
Our team just happens to be a whole lot better on average or any other way you want to compare.

Would you like me to go over the Chitplanet and tell them ?
Facts don't lie...................
Jetmeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 11:25 AM   #250
KCStud
Ring of Famer
 
KCStud's Avatar
 
AmeriStanzi!

Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 5,918

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jetmeck View Post
Nobody here has ever said we were the Steelers even though we just beat them................lol

However we aren't running around like a chicken with its head cut off on another team's board talking absolutely ridiculous chit that we can't back up.

Big difference between your clueless hopeless fan base and ours.
Our team just happens to be a whole lot better on average or any other way you want to compare.

Would you like me to go over the Chitplanet and tell them ?
Facts don't lie...................
You're right. As a fellow Chiefs fan posting on a Broncos board, you could give me experience. I bet you're wearing your Montana 19 jersey as you type.
KCStud is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:15 AM.


Denver Broncos