The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-28-2012, 10:29 PM   #51
BroncoBeavis
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RhymesayersDU View Post
I hear ya. The light rail is a complete cluster **** at the end of the games.
Last time we used the rail we took the line downtown to have a few more drinks instead of waiting the insane line. There was virtually no line waiting to go that way. Was a lot more fun to take in some brews and watch highlights than wait in line for an hour.

Not sure what keeps people from hopping the train downtown though and then just jumping the next train back.
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 10:38 PM   #52
Mogulseeker
Formerly mightysmurf
 
Mogulseeker's Avatar
 
Eat greedy

Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Boulder... Vail when it snoooows
Posts: 16,917

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Lamin Barrow
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBeavis View Post
Last time we used the rail we took the line downtown to have a few more drinks instead of waiting the insane line. There was virtually no line waiting to go that way. Was a lot more fun to take in some brews and watch highlights than wait in line for an hour.

Not sure what keeps people from hopping the train downtown though and then just jumping the next train back.
I just walk downtown. I used to love going to Josephina's out on Larimer, but I think it's some crappy Starbucks or something like that now.

There's this place next to Paramount Cafe that is pretty legit.

I just dont like eating out in my hat/shorts/Broncos jersey. After living in Europe I've gained an appreciation for the art of dining. Anywhere other than fast food/casual dining should be, at a minimum, closed-toe shoes, non-frayed jeans and a collared shirt. I was eating with a client the other day at the Brown Palace, and a dude came in wearing sweats - at the freaking Brown Palace.

Sorry, lol...

/rant.
Mogulseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 10:55 PM   #53
tnedator
Ring of Famer
 
tnedator's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 2,835

Adopt-a-Bronco:
He be gone..
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatBronco16 View Post
I'm like number 30,502 on the waiting list. I figure by the time my name comes up, I might be able to catch some games in Denver........Or I'll just sell them if I can't make it.
Depends which direction the Broncos go from here. When I put my name on the list in early '06, I was expecting a 10-13 year wait and figured I would be in a position then to go to Denver for 4+ home games plus playoff games. When my name came up after 5 years, I was surprised and the timing wasn't great, but I couldn't pass and have my name go to the back of the line.
tnedator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 08:30 AM   #54
BroncoBeavis
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightysmurf View Post
Anywhere other than fast food/casual dining should be, at a minimum, closed-toe shoes, non-frayed jeans and a collared shirt..
No problem.



Totally got it covered.
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 05:14 PM   #55
tnedator
Ring of Famer
 
tnedator's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 2,835

Adopt-a-Bronco:
He be gone..
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightysmurf View Post
I just walk downtown. I used to love going to Josephina's out on Larimer, but I think it's some crappy Starbucks or something like that now.

There's this place next to Paramount Cafe that is pretty legit.

I just dont like eating out in my hat/shorts/Broncos jersey. After living in Europe I've gained an appreciation for the art of dining. Anywhere other than fast food/casual dining should be, at a minimum, closed-toe shoes, non-frayed jeans and a collared shirt. I was eating with a client the other day at the Brown Palace, and a dude came in wearing sweats - at the freaking Brown Palace.

Sorry, lol...

/rant.
After the Pitt game last year, we had a reservation at an Italian place, but didn't feel right going in with our jerseys and stuff. The guy running the shuttle said it was no problem, this was Denver, it was ok to go just about anywhere casual, any time, but especially after a Broncos game. We weren't convinced, so we hurried to the hotel, changed and went to the restaurant a little late and a couple tables had people wearing jeans and Broncos jerseys.

How long a walk is it from the stadium to downtown, 16th street area? Is it a safe walk?
tnedator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 05:29 PM   #56
CEH
Ring of Famer
 
CEH's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 4,322
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnedator View Post
After the Pitt game last year, we had a reservation at an Italian place, but didn't feel right going in with our jerseys and stuff. The guy running the shuttle said it was no problem, this was Denver, it was ok to go just about anywhere casual, any time, but especially after a Broncos game. We weren't convinced, so we hurried to the hotel, changed and went to the restaurant a little late and a couple tables had people wearing jeans and Broncos jerseys.

How long a walk is it from the stadium to downtown, 16th street area? Is it a safe walk?
About two mile from 16th street mall to Mile High along Colfax. Fastest is Colfax but might be a safer walk along the drive that borders Pepsi Center

Can't remember if Colfax has a walkway over I-25
CEH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 02:14 PM   #57
Mogulseeker
Formerly mightysmurf
 
Mogulseeker's Avatar
 
Eat greedy

Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Boulder... Vail when it snoooows
Posts: 16,917

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Lamin Barrow
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwill07 View Post
my number came up in 2009 after about a 10 year wait. I started out in sec 539, row 29.

in 2010, I was able to move to sec 539, row 10 - a pretty big improvement.

In 2011, moved to sec 501, row 3, on an isle. IMO, that was a big jump. I think that the best seats are the front row of the upper deck - no one in front of you, great view, not all that expensive. row 3 is pretty close to that and I'm pretty happy here.

I was not able to upgrade in 2012. I could have had a chance to move into a low in one of the south stand sections, but hesitated and they sold out pretty quickly. maybe next year.

so yeah - there wasn't nearly the upgrade chances this year that there has been in the past couple of years; I'm glad I got in when I did.
I agree. I'm in the front row of the upper deck on the 40 yard line, and I don't think there are many better seats than that.
Mogulseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 03:21 PM   #58
Natedogg
1st Amendment Protection
 
Natedogg's Avatar
 
You givin' me a ride home Russell??

Join Date: May 2005
Location: Narcville, USA
Posts: 2,159

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Travis Henry
Default

JUST GOT MY EMAIL!!! Been waiting for a loooong time.

Was thinking section 524 or 525 (NE corner of stadium) (can barely afford those).

I was thinking I really like that corner angle, and thought it might be nice to be in the sun.

But this thread has got me worried. Should I be looking at 517 or 518 (NW corner of stadium) instead?
Attached Images
 
Natedogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 04:24 PM   #59
tnedator
Ring of Famer
 
tnedator's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 2,835

Adopt-a-Bronco:
He be gone..
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natedogg View Post
JUST GOT MY EMAIL!!! Been waiting for a loooong time.

Was thinking section 524 or 525 (NE corner of stadium) (can barely afford those).

I was thinking I really like that corner angle, and thought it might be nice to be in the sun.

But this thread has got me worried. Should I be looking at 517 or 518 (NW corner of stadium) instead?
I can't help you with the seat selection, but out of curiosity, when did you put your name on the season ticket wait list?
tnedator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 04:59 PM   #60
Endy
Jersey Mistake
 
Endy's Avatar
 
Thanks McDaniels for my season tix

Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Fayetteville AR
Posts: 449
Default

Went on the list in 2006. Got tickets last year. Section 505 Row 15 one seat from the aisle (that is often empty). Couldn't do any better this year.

One thing about the aisle that you want to be careful of. We are on the 20 yard line in the south end. When the LOS is on the other side of the field you have to look to your left and across the aisle to see the game. Farktards in the upper deck don't often realize that you should wait for breaks in the game before going up and down the stairs. Therefore, I am often looking at some fat lady's arse instead of the game on the field because I have to look across the aisle.

I wanted to get out of that situation this year, but nothing better opened up. I scored row 15 in my first year thanks to Kyle Orton and cannot upgrade thanks to Peyton Manning. I won't complain.
Endy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 08:15 PM   #61
orangenblue2
High-Priced Free Agent
 
orangenblue2's Avatar
 
It's a Miracle!!!

Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Reality
Posts: 604
Default

Took me over 10 years on the waiting list. I've had tickets for 4 years now. Probably would have been sooner but I needed four. We are in 526, Row 16...and I can't afford to move down now. To all of those who are asking/wondering about the distance and walk/ride times from various places...I say that the very best times that I've had at the old or new Mile High have been enjoying my fellow fans and occasionally rival fans at my own or another's tailgate. Stop by sometime...
orangenblue2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 08:30 PM   #62
Rabb
No Luca, No!
 
Rabb's Avatar
 

Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 8,033

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Dynamite Monkey
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endy View Post
Went on the list in 2006. Got tickets last year. Section 505 Row 15 one seat from the aisle (that is often empty). Couldn't do any better this year.

One thing about the aisle that you want to be careful of. We are on the 20 yard line in the south end. When the LOS is on the other side of the field you have to look to your left and across the aisle to see the game. Farktards in the upper deck don't often realize that you should wait for breaks in the game before going up and down the stairs. Therefore, I am often looking at some fat lady's arse instead of the game on the field because I have to look across the aisle.

I wanted to get out of that situation this year, but nothing better opened up. I scored row 15 in my first year thanks to Kyle Orton and cannot upgrade thanks to Peyton Manning. I won't complain.
I am in 505 row 21, buy you a beer if you find me this year
Rabb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 09:15 AM   #63
Endy
Jersey Mistake
 
Endy's Avatar
 
Thanks McDaniels for my season tix

Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Fayetteville AR
Posts: 449
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabb View Post
I am in 505 row 21, buy you a beer if you find me this year
As long as you don't head down the steps during 3rd and 5 to buy it!

Endy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 09:19 AM   #64
Rabb
No Luca, No!
 
Rabb's Avatar
 

Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 8,033

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Dynamite Monkey
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endy View Post
As long as you don't head down the steps during 3rd and 5 to buy it!

no way, I will have my girlfriend get them

Rabb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 09:26 AM   #65
BroncoBeavis
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endy View Post
As long as you don't head down the steps during 3rd and 5 to buy it!

A friend of mine who's a Steelers fan (I know) was at the playoff game. He somehow lucked out on Ticketmaster and got 100-level tickets in the North EZ believe it or not.

Anyway, he had to go to the bathroom at the end of regulation, so he ran thinking he'd be back in plenty of time for OT. Long story short, he missed the first (and last) play of OT.
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 09:52 AM   #66
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings
 
broncocalijohn's Avatar
 
I said Do It!

Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Lake Forest, Orange County, Calif.
Posts: 23,365

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endy View Post
Went on the list in 2006. Got tickets last year. Section 505 Row 15 one seat from the aisle (that is often empty). Couldn't do any better this year.

I wanted to get out of that situation this year, but nothing better opened up. I scored row 15 in my first year thanks to Kyle Orton and cannot upgrade thanks to Peyton Manning. I won't complain.
Why wouldnt you just have your season seats scoot over 1 to be on the aisle? Is that one aisle seat a season ticket holder seat?

BTW, in 1994 I put myself on the list thinking it would be 15 years to get them. I got a call 9 months later and didnt want to pass up the opportunity. South Stands waaaay up there but have upgraded twice to middle of South Stands and around 12th row.
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 10:20 AM   #67
BroncoBeavis
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncocalijohn View Post
Why wouldnt you just have your season seats scoot over 1 to be on the aisle? Is that one aisle seat a season ticket holder seat?

BTW, in 1994 I put myself on the list thinking it would be 15 years to get them. I got a call 9 months later and didnt want to pass up the opportunity. South Stands waaaay up there but have upgraded twice to middle of South Stands and around 12th row.
I probably have your old seats.
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 12:39 PM   #68
Endy
Jersey Mistake
 
Endy's Avatar
 
Thanks McDaniels for my season tix

Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Fayetteville AR
Posts: 449
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncocalijohn View Post
Why wouldnt you just have your season seats scoot over 1 to be on the aisle? Is that one aisle seat a season ticket holder seat?

BTW, in 1994 I put myself on the list thinking it would be 15 years to get them. I got a call 9 months later and didnt want to pass up the opportunity. South Stands waaaay up there but have upgraded twice to middle of South Stands and around 12th row.
No idea, but the seat isn't available when I have the chance to upgrade.

Wouldn't want it anyway. I sat in it for about 15 minutes during one game last year and being directly on the aisle is definitely worse than being one seat away when people are going up and down. Besides, I get to put my stuff there.
Endy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 01:23 PM   #69
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings
 
broncocalijohn's Avatar
 
I said Do It!

Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Lake Forest, Orange County, Calif.
Posts: 23,365

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBeavis View Post
I probably have your old seats.
133 row 31 i think. Moved 2 seasons ago. I talked to my old compadres there and they are pissed at me. Seems some guy all year long just stood up all game long and yelled "Teeeeeeebboooooooooow" for 4 quarters. Now I know it was you.
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 01:48 PM   #70
Rabb
No Luca, No!
 
Rabb's Avatar
 

Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 8,033

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Dynamite Monkey
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncocalijohn View Post
133 row 31 i think. Moved 2 seasons ago. I talked to my old compadres there and they are pissed at me. Seems some guy all year long just stood up all game long and yelled "Teeeeeeebboooooooooow" for 4 quarters. Now I know it was you.
God I won't miss this one bit
Rabb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 04:35 PM   #71
tnedator
Ring of Famer
 
tnedator's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 2,835

Adopt-a-Bronco:
He be gone..
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabb View Post
God I won't miss this one bit
How long before Manning is boo'd and we have the chants for Brooooccckkkkk!!!!
tnedator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 05:12 PM   #72
sportfantic
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default Section 503

I use to have seats in Sec. 503 Row 13 and enjoyed those seats. It is a good view.

I was able to move down to the north end-zone last year, with the small renewal rate. This year when I tried to upgrade to get a lower row there was nothing to choose from. You could definitely see the difference in renewal rates from last year and this year.
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 05:26 PM   #73
rugbythug
Church Eyes.
 
rugbythug's Avatar
 
Salty Dog

Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 4,069

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mr. Miller
Default

Did Tickets get mailed out yet? I split some with a guy and have not gotten anything yet.
rugbythug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 05:42 PM   #74
sportfantic
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

No tickets haven't been mailed out yet. They are usually sent out in the last week of July. Where are you going to be sitting?
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 06:01 PM   #75
rugbythug
Church Eyes.
 
rugbythug's Avatar
 
Salty Dog

Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 4,069

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mr. Miller
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportfantic View Post
No tickets haven't been mailed out yet. They are usually sent out in the last week of July. Where are you going to be sitting?
south corner row 16
rugbythug is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:59 PM.


Denver Broncos