The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 05-30-2012, 01:35 PM   #576
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

I said Do It!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken.Broncoholic View Post
Here let me fix it for you

Dog turd > Orton > Tebow
If we are talking winning for the Broncos, you might have this backwards. Give credit where credit is due. Glad I have Manning but I won't discount the unbelievable wins he gave us. I do think if Tebow is the old Tebow we saw the last few seasons, he will fail in the NFL as a QB...at least as a pure passing QB. College QB in the NFL will only go so far.
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 01:35 PM   #577
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncocalijohn View Post
! We should discount the words of the Broncos GM and former great QB and listen to words of opinions by the likes of MacGruder and Alpha Seirra? Yeah, that makes sense. BTW, I hated the 2nd round pick.
I used the word "most" with McGroob specifically in mind.

Take away those two guys and I'd put what JE said about Brock as just as bat**** crazy as anything anyone else might've said about Timmy.
Old 05-30-2012, 01:38 PM   #578
Drunken.Broncoholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncocalijohn View Post
If we are talking winning for the Broncos, you might have this backwards. Give credit where credit is due. Glad I have Manning but I won't discount the unbelievable wins he gave us. I do think if Tebow is the old Tebow we saw the last few seasons, he will fail in the NFL as a QB...at least as a pure passing QB. College QB in the NFL will only go so far.
Tebow the football player > dog turd > Orton

I Have a hard time saying QB though.
Old 05-30-2012, 01:50 PM   #579
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
Tebow the football player > dog turd > Orton

I Have a hard time saying QB though.
So True or False

The 2011 Denver Broncos go to the playoffs if Kyle Orton starts 16 games.

Oh, and you're welcome TGN.

Last edited by BroncoBeavis; 05-30-2012 at 01:53 PM..
Old 05-30-2012, 01:59 PM   #580
Jay3

Quote:
He wasn't all pro tebow. Out here on KNBR he said quite a bit of negative things
So, in other words, you made his point -- he was being sarcastic in calling Steve Young a "Teboner." The point is that Steve Young would have no reason to make spirited defenses of Tebow, he knows what he's talking about, and he said the limited number of passing attempts hindered Tebow's development.
Old 05-30-2012, 02:06 PM   #581
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay3 View Post
So, in other words, you made his point -- he was being sarcastic in calling Steve Young a "Teboner." The point is that Steve Young would have no reason to make spirited defenses of Tebow, he knows what he's talking about, and he said the limited number of passing attempts hindered Tebow's development.
Playing for the Jets is going to mess up his development out more being a wild cat QB/SP teamer.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 02:09 PM   #582
Drunken.Broncoholic

Quote:
Steve young also said JT O'Sullivan would turn out to be great for the niners. Sure the limited amount of passing attempts could've affected tebows development. But IMO his arm affected it more.

I wonder how punt protecting will affect his development.
Old 05-30-2012, 02:11 PM   #583
Drunken.Broncoholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBeavis View Post
So True or False

The 2011 Denver Broncos go to the playoffs if Kyle Orton starts 16 games.

Oh, and you're welcome TGN.
With or without Marion Barber or Phillip Rivers?
Old 05-30-2012, 02:11 PM   #584
Jay3

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBroncos4life View Post
Playing for the Jets is going to mess up his development out more being a wild cat QB/SP teamer.
Agreed. He's going to hang around never having been actually developed.

He's going to have to figure out things on his own. He's not going anywhere.
Old 05-30-2012, 02:13 PM   #585
Jay3

Quote:
I wonder how punt protecting will affect his development.

Probably negative -- you make a good point. We can't assume that what we see from this point forward from Tebow (development wise) is what we would have seen had he remained the presumptive starter for the Broncos. Noted.
Old 05-30-2012, 02:18 PM   #586
Drunken.Broncoholic

Quote:
Probably negative -- you make a good point. We can't assume that what we see from this point forward from Tebow (development wise) is what we would have seen had he remained the presumptive starter for the Broncos. Noted.
I don't have much faith in Rex Ryan or Sparano knowing how to develop a QB. Will be interesting to see how Sanchez takes the pressure.
Old 05-30-2012, 02:21 PM   #587
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
With or without Marion Barber or Phillip Rivers?
Your boy Kyle was 6 for 13 with 0 TD's and an INT against Phyllis last year. QB Rating of 21.

Anyway, were you going to answer the question?

Last edited by BroncoBeavis; 05-30-2012 at 02:24 PM..
Old 05-30-2012, 02:27 PM   #588
Drunken.Broncoholic

Quote:
Your boy Kyle was 6 for 13 with 0 TD's and an INT against Phyllis last year. QB Rating of 21.

Anyway, were you going to answer the question?
I wasn't talking about that game. I was talking about rivers against the raiders. You have to give him a game ball week 17 since we couldn't get it done against the chiefs.

And I'm not sure if you already knew, I've hated Orton since his days at Purdue so that would be a resounding false for me.
Old 05-30-2012, 02:28 PM   #589
Shananahan

OH MY GOD
SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP
EVERYBODY SHUT THE HELL UP
Old 05-30-2012, 02:28 PM   #590
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
I wasn't talking about that game. I was talking about rivers against the raiders. You have to give him a game ball week 17 since we couldn't get it done against the chiefs.

And I'm not sure if you already knew, I've hated Orton since his days at Purdue so that would be a resounding false for me.
So what you're saying is your definition of a "better" QB is one that would've lost more games.
Old 05-30-2012, 02:32 PM   #591
Drunken.Broncoholic

Quote:
So what you're saying is your definition of a "better" QB is one that would've lost more games.
Well not better than a dog turd. Notice I had dog turd above Orton. A dog turd might have won against the raiders week 1.
Old 05-30-2012, 02:41 PM   #592
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shananahan View Post
OH MY GOD
Dude, you're in the "Tebow Sucks" thread. This is like walking into Oakland-Alameda Coliseum and being surprised that something smells.
Old 05-30-2012, 02:43 PM   #593
Shananahan

I just don't understand the desire on anyone's part to continue these conversations at this point. It was beyond boring by midseason when Tebow was actually a relevant topic for the team.

Carry on, I guess.
Old 05-30-2012, 02:47 PM   #594
Drunken.Broncoholic

It's the offseason. Can only talk about vickersons weight for so long.
Old 05-30-2012, 03:01 PM   #595
Jay3

Quote:
I tried to Google to find out when the Jets have more OTA's, and I swear I had to skim through two pages of results that said something about Tebow throwing 2 picks at OTA's.
Old 05-30-2012, 03:10 PM   #596
GreatBronco16
!!!TEAM!!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Defense

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueflame View Post
No, it's not different from what I said earlier; it's perhaps a bit different from the way you tried to spin what I said earlier though.

How many times did we see the WRs criticized on this forum during the timeframe while Tebow was our starter? (almost every week someone was saying the WRs sucked) The fact is... when the OC only calls 8 pass plays a game, there's not much opportunity for any WR to excel. And a WR who doesn't "stand out" in any way is not going to remain on the team... or even in the NFL... for long.

But don't just take my word for it... I distinctly recall seeing Jerry Rice on ESPN or the NFL network (around the time when the move was made from Orton to Tebow) stating unequivocally that he personally would find it "frustrating" to play on a team with Tim Tebow as his QB. I'm assuming you'll agree that Jerry Rice has some idea of what a WR mindset might be. Maybe Jerry's "just a hater" though.

No, you clearly stated two completely different things. I didn't have to add any spin. Also, Jerry Rice? So you want to put people like Lloyd, Decker, DT Royal, Willis etc in the same sentence? I'll give you two names of WR who were not all about their stats, Rod Smith, Edie Mac. Now granted, these guys didn't have the current Tebow throwing to them, but Rod Smith esp, was a WR who didn't care about stats, but just wanted to do what he was asked to do to keep a spot on the roster. (His words btw)

You see Blue, there are players out there who just really love the game for what it is. There are more of these types of guys than there are your Jerry Rice, T. Owens, Randy Moss, etc.

But anyway, this is a stupid discussion now. So I'm just going to leave it at that. It's nothing more than a back and forth with no ending.
GreatBronco16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 03:22 PM   #597
Meck77

Quote:
Originally Posted by baja View Post
The forum has been quite poisoned for some years now relative to the first many years here. What I wonder is if this board is a reasonable reflection of the mind set of the nation in general(Generally souring).

TGN is a very small piece of this poison.
OrangeMane weekend tradition! It's a blast and captures the true spirit of the community.

Broncomania and the American spirit is only poisoned by those who believe it to be so.....

Releasing judgment of another is actually releasing judgment of yourself. Your need to put others into categories defines you, not them. When you stop doing this, you have forgiven yourself for whatever aspect of yourself you see in them.

Last edited by Meck77; 05-30-2012 at 03:52 PM..
Meck77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 03:41 PM   #598
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
Heh. Exactly.

Really the Tebow/Manning switch is probably the biggest offseason Broncos news since John decided to hang em up 13 years ago. But instead I'm supposed to be talking about how excited I am to have another Gronk on the roster to cut this preseason or whether some Carolina Panther can figure out how to be a decent human being.
Old 05-30-2012, 03:49 PM   #599
alkemical
Guerrilla Ontologist

rorrim|mirror

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Prima Materia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shananahan View Post
OH MY GOD
qft
alkemical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 04:13 PM   #600
baja
It is what it Is.

Pay attention.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chase Vaughn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meck77 View Post
OrangeMane weekend tradition! It's a blast and captures the true spirit of the community.

Broncomania and the American spirit is only poisoned by those who believe it to be so.....

Releasing judgment of another is actually releasing judgment of yourself. Your need to put others into categories defines you, not them. When you stop doing this, you have forgiven yourself for whatever aspect of yourself you see in them.
would this apply to yourself as well? Should I post your rep comments?
baja is offline   Reply With Quote