The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 05-26-2012, 09:43 PM   #26
adabronco02
Perennial Pro-bowler

I wanted that side so I didn't have to deal with the sun. And so I was on the broncos sideline. This is actually going to be the first time I've even been to a game.
adabronco02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 10:13 PM   #27
huh??
Back in the 5280!

...pretty good at lurking.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Steve Atwater

Some decent binoculars are a good idea. I got my season tickets last year in 524 (two rows from the top). I took what I could afford. The first few games were pretty warm and we were able to assess where we would try to move when given the opportunity. This year, we got the chance to get about mid-pack in 516 and are looking forward to the seats. We'd rather be on the home side of the field, and figure dealing with the cold isn't usually going to be much of an issue.

Congratulations! It feels pretty good to be a season ticket holder.
huh?? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 10:41 PM   #28
adabronco02
Perennial Pro-bowler

Is there a park and ride to the stadium so I don't have to park in the lot?
Old 05-26-2012, 10:45 PM   #29
RhymesayersDU
Go Broncos, Nuggets, Rox

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ty Lawson

Yes there is. Google "broncos ride" for details. Have pick ups at various high schools.
RhymesayersDU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 10:59 PM   #30
huh??
Back in the 5280!

...pretty good at lurking.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Steve Atwater

Quote:
Originally Posted by adabronco02 View Post
There are quite a few access points that are very reasonable w/o being too time consuming. Even when the light rail gets crowded, it still seems more worthwhile than stadium parking.
huh?? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 11:04 PM   #31
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncosteven View Post
I had to turn down my season tickets after a 6 year wait, I couldn't do it physically at this time. I get to go back to the end of the line.
There's a one-season "second chance" policy where you can potentially wait a year and then get in the next. I think you have to ask them though. Or maybe you did that last year.
Old 05-26-2012, 11:12 PM   #32
ak1971
uhhhh

Quote:
Originally Posted by huh?? View Post
There are quite a few access points that are very reasonable w/o being too time consuming. Even when the light rail gets crowded, it still seems more worthwhile than stadium parking.
quite a few lots for $10 nearby..so if head down with a full car (4) it ends up being cheaper and quicker than any of the public transportation options.
ak1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 07:28 AM   #33
mwill07
Ring of Famer

Lurker Extraordinaire

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VMFM

my number came up in 2009 after about a 10 year wait. I started out in sec 539, row 29.

in 2010, I was able to move to sec 539, row 10 - a pretty big improvement.

In 2011, moved to sec 501, row 3, on an isle. IMO, that was a big jump. I think that the best seats are the front row of the upper deck - no one in front of you, great view, not all that expensive. row 3 is pretty close to that and I'm pretty happy here.

I was not able to upgrade in 2012. I could have had a chance to move into a low in one of the south stand sections, but hesitated and they sold out pretty quickly. maybe next year.

so yeah - there wasn't nearly the upgrade chances this year that there has been in the past couple of years; I'm glad I got in when I did.
mwill07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 07:32 AM   #34
CEH
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by adabronco02 View Post
Yes light rail or buses like has been mentioned Bronco Rides
I like the bus because after the game you can get home easier and quicker unless you want to party with all the folks at the light rail station plus the buses are closer to the stadium.
CEH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 07:57 AM   #35
RhymesayersDU
Go Broncos, Nuggets, Rox

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ty Lawson

You know, I don't know that the bus is any faster, to be honest. It is true that the buses are closer if you don't want to walk, but the with the buses 2 things:

1) You have to wait for the bus to fill up before it leaves, then you sit in the same traffic as everybody else. Then you get taken to the drop off point, then you go home. It can be kind of a process.
2) If I remember correctly, it's still like $8 a person. So if you have 4 people, it's still going to add up to basically a premium parking spot.

I guess it depends on what you're looking for. If it's purely economical, you can drive for cheaper. I park in a $10 lot every game, and I do have to walk a little bit of course, but it's easy in and pretty easy out. I sit in some traffic but not a ton.

Conversely, if you just plain do not want to deal with driving, then the bus is a good option. Light rail is there too, but as mentioned it can be kind of a pain in the ass when leaving.

Last edited by RhymesayersDU; 05-27-2012 at 08:04 AM..
Old 05-27-2012, 08:22 AM   #36
CEH
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RhymesayersDU View Post
You know, I don't know that the bus is any faster, to be honest. It is true that the buses are closer if you don't want to walk, but the with the buses 2 things:

1) You have to wait for the bus to fill up before it leaves, then you sit in the same traffic as everybody else. Then you get taken to the drop off point, then you go home. It can be kind of a process.
2) If I remember correctly, it's still like $8 a person. So if you have 4 people, it's still going to add up to basically a premium parking spot.

I guess it depends on what you're looking for. If it's purely economical, you can drive for cheaper. I park in a $10 lot every game, and I do have to walk a little bit of course, but it's easy in and pretty easy out. I sit in some traffic but not a ton.

Conversely, if you just plain do not want to deal with driving, then the bus is a good option. Light rail is there too, but as mentioned it can be kind of a pain in the ass when leaving.
I really meant faster than light rail
Old 05-27-2012, 08:27 AM   #37
RhymesayersDU
Go Broncos, Nuggets, Rox

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ty Lawson

I hear ya. The light rail is a complete cluster **** at the end of the games.
Old 05-27-2012, 10:31 AM   #38
adabronco02
Perennial Pro-bowler

I was looking at a more economical avenue, because I'm already goin to be driving from new Mexico. But it seems like a $10 lot will be my best option. Thank you all for your help.
Old 05-27-2012, 10:35 AM   #39
CEH
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Where is this $10 lot and what time do you have to get there. My guess is the closer to gametime the higher the lot cost. Could be wrong
Old 05-27-2012, 10:47 AM   #40
RhymesayersDU
Go Broncos, Nuggets, Rox

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ty Lawson

Quote:
Originally Posted by CEH View Post
Where is this $10 lot and what time do you have to get there. My guess is the closer to gametime the higher the lot cost. Could be wrong
See the attached screen shot from Google Maps. I circled the lot I park in most of the time. It's a bit of a walk, maybe 10 minutes, but I love the spot.

I generally show up 1-2 hours before kick off, I don't do any super early tailgates or anything. I can't speak to if the price goes up or not. It's always been $10 any time I've showed up. But for me personally I like the price and then I get out onto Auraria or Colfax and to Speer and get right home.
Attached Images

Old 05-27-2012, 11:37 AM   #41
Mogulseeker
Formerly mightysmurf

https://twitter.com/mogulseeker

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Lamin Barrow

Quote:
Except in the winter.

I'm on the other side of the stadium, and dealing with the heat and sun is way better IMO. BUT everybody deals with cold, etc differently.
I don't think I've sat on the west side of the stadium.

My season tickets are Row 2 of section 536 (east side, near the 40 yard line), and I 've sat in the south stands and in section 115 (north side).

I wouldn't know, but having that sun in your face sure is nice in the winter. I always come out of the preseason sunburned, though.
Mogulseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 11:41 AM   #42
Mogulseeker
Formerly mightysmurf

https://twitter.com/mogulseeker

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Lamin Barrow

Quote:
See the attached screen shot from Google Maps. I circled the lot I park in most of the time. It's a bit of a walk, maybe 10 minutes, but I love the spot.

I generally show up 1-2 hours before kick off, I don't do any super early tailgates or anything. I can't speak to if the price goes up or not. It's always been $10 any time I've showed up. But for me personally I like the price and then I get out onto Auraria or Colfax and to Speer and get right home.
I always took the light rail when I was at DU. The "Mile High" station for the light rail is still like a 30 minute walk though. It sucks.... now I just park in my dad's spot at Republic Plaza downtown and walk.
Mogulseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 01:48 PM   #43
CEH
Ring of Famer

Quote:

Thanks. Good to know. Probably the same price no matter what time. Might be a good spot for a guy coming up and driving
Old 05-27-2012, 02:38 PM   #44
RMT
Rocky Mountain Thunder

My dad and I park at Lincoln HS but instead of taking the Broncos' Ride from there (which is about $4.50 per person), we walk two blocks and take RTD bus #31 at Federal and Evans for about $2 per person.
RMT is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 02:47 PM   #45
tnedator
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
He be gone..

For anyone staying in the 16th street area, while a little more expensive, this was very convenient. Last season there was a company called CoJitney, Colorado Jitney (I think I have that right), that was running shuttles from the downtown Marriott to Mile High. I think it was something in the $12-14 range per person, but am going by memory on this.

You set a reservation for the time you wanted to leave, which started about 3:00 or so before the game. They dropped off and picked up from a parking lot kind of W/NW from the stadium. I 'think' it was across the street from the C lot, but I might be wrong about it being C. It was in the parking lot of an office building, maybe like a urology office or something like that.

Since I was staying downtown, it made the trip there and back VERY painless.
tnedator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 02:56 PM   #46
tnedator
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
He be gone..

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwill07 View Post
my number came up in 2009 after about a 10 year wait. I started out in sec 539, row 29.

in 2010, I was able to move to sec 539, row 10 - a pretty big improvement.

In 2011, moved to sec 501, row 3, on an isle. IMO, that was a big jump. I think that the best seats are the front row of the upper deck - no one in front of you, great view, not all that expensive. row 3 is pretty close to that and I'm pretty happy here.

I was not able to upgrade in 2012. I could have had a chance to move into a low in one of the south stand sections, but hesitated and they sold out pretty quickly. maybe next year.

so yeah - there wasn't nearly the upgrade chances this year that there has been in the past couple of years; I'm glad I got in when I did.
My name came up last year, after five years on the waiting list, and I opted to get two seats in the South Stands. They had my email address wrong, so I didn't get immediate notification, but had to wait for them to mail me the flyer saying my name had come up.

At that time, there were a number 10+ of options in the South stands for 2 or 4 seats. There were also a LOT of options in the 500 level, and not just in the last couple rows of each section.

This year, when it came time to upgrade, and I was hoping to move down as well as on or closer to an aisle, I was afraid there wouldn't be as much available as there was from the McDaniels years.

I was right. Early in the offseason, I had opted to add a third seat (since I now regret not just going with 4 seats) and I was told I should have no problem during the upgrade period to move to three seats together.

Since I was a new season ticket holder, my priority number had me in the very last group to get a chance to upgrade. I logged in immediately when my period opened and there wasn't a single seat open in the south stands, nor in the 300 level (non-club). I kept checking over the next 10 minutes or so, just in case something would open and even emailed the ticket office to see if they had inventory to get three seats together that I didn't see.

I was about to give up and all of a sudden 4 seats opened up in the south stands, three next to each other that were two seats off of an aisle and two rows lower than my current seats, so I quickly grabbed them.

I was leaving for the airport to leave the country on business, but I continued to check on the drive to the airport and while at the airport to see if anything else opened up, and nothing did. After getting to Europe, I continued to check, and there were ZERO seats in the south stands until about five days later when briefly two seats high up in 229 opened up for a few hours.

Bottom line, you never really know how much is marketing hype and how much is true about the renewal rates the Broncos tout, but clearly this year the renewal rate must have been very high. I consider myself real lucky to have my name come up when there were openings in the South Stands, since I prefer to be lower/closer to the field.
tnedator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 09:07 AM   #47
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

I said Do It!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher

Quote:
But you can't beat the light rail broncos legit news that comes from there. Worth the waitA
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 10:15 AM   #48
RhymesayersDU
Go Broncos, Nuggets, Rox

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ty Lawson

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncocalijohn View Post
But you can't beat the light rail broncos legit news that comes from there. Worth the waitA
Old 05-28-2012, 07:00 PM   #49
RMT
Rocky Mountain Thunder

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnedator View Post
My name came up last year, after five years on the waiting list, and I opted to get two seats in the South Stands. They had my email address wrong, so I didn't get immediate notification, but had to wait for them to mail me the flyer saying my name had come up.

At that time, there were a number 10+ of options in the South stands for 2 or 4 seats. There were also a LOT of options in the 500 level, and not just in the last couple rows of each section.

This year, when it came time to upgrade, and I was hoping to move down as well as on or closer to an aisle, I was afraid there wouldn't be as much available as there was from the McDaniels years.

I was right. Early in the offseason, I had opted to add a third seat (since I now regret not just going with 4 seats) and I was told I should have no problem during the upgrade period to move to three seats together.

Since I was a new season ticket holder, my priority number had me in the very last group to get a chance to upgrade. I logged in immediately when my period opened and there wasn't a single seat open in the south stands, nor in the 300 level (non-club). I kept checking over the next 10 minutes or so, just in case something would open and even emailed the ticket office to see if they had inventory to get three seats together that I didn't see.

I was about to give up and all of a sudden 4 seats opened up in the south stands, three next to each other that were two seats off of an aisle and two rows lower than my current seats, so I quickly grabbed them.

I was leaving for the airport to leave the country on business, but I continued to check on the drive to the airport and while at the airport to see if anything else opened up, and nothing did. After getting to Europe, I continued to check, and there were ZERO seats in the south stands until about five days later when briefly two seats high up in 229 opened up for a few hours.

Bottom line, you never really know how much is marketing hype and how much is true about the renewal rates the Broncos tout, but clearly this year the renewal rate must have been very high. I consider myself real lucky to have my name come up when there were openings in the South Stands, since I prefer to be lower/closer to the field.
I upgraded my pair from 133 to 132 and moved down 2 rows. But when I looked in section 132, there were only 4 seats (2 pairs) to upgrade to. Thankfully, both pairs were close to my dad's set of 4. I was displaced from the south stands to the north stands when the Broncos moved into the new stadium. It's taken me 10 years to get my seats back close to my dad.
RMT is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 07:02 PM   #50
GreatBronco16
!!!TEAM!!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Defense

I'm like number 30,502 on the waiting list. I figure by the time my name comes up, I might be able to catch some games in Denver........Or I'll just sell them if I can't make it.
GreatBronco16 is offline   Reply With Quote