The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-25-2012, 01:47 PM   #376
oubronco
John Foneco !!
 
oubronco's Avatar
 
Mile High Magic

Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Sooner Country
Posts: 19,922
Default

We're going with Plan A so fuggin deal with it!!
oubronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 01:51 PM   #377
LongDongJohnson
Ring of Famer
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 1,883

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller
Default

Feels good to send that garbage tebow packing and signing a real qb in return.
LongDongJohnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 01:54 PM   #378
Jay3
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by StugotsIII View Post
You simply don't know what you are talking about...


Fox's offense was scrapped. This is a fact.


They installed a very basic zone read option set...and ran the hell out of the ball.
That's not right. They kept the same installed offense, and added a few plays. Most of the plays they ran were already in the Orton offense -- McCoy tried to explain that plenty of times.
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 01:55 PM   #379
oubronco
John Foneco !!
 
oubronco's Avatar
 
Mile High Magic

Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Sooner Country
Posts: 19,922
Default

oubronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 01:57 PM   #380
StugotsIII
O-H
 

Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 1,535

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Your Mom
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay3 View Post
That's not right. They kept the same installed offense, and added a few plays. Most of the plays they ran were already in the Orton offense -- McCoy tried to explain that plenty of times.
They may have kept the offense...but the sure as hell didn't run it after the Miami game...Fox even said that if they continued that offense under Tebow they wouldn't have won a game...
StugotsIII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 01:57 PM   #381
MacGruder
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by StugotsIII View Post
You simply don't know what you are talking about...


Fox's offense was scrapped. This is a fact.


They installed a very basic zone read option set...and ran the hell out of the ball.
Adding a couple zone read option plays isn't scrapping an offense. That's ridiculous. Especially when it ties into exactly what Fox wants to do.

Fox scrapped McD's offense coming in unnecessarily which made Orton look terrible too.
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 01:59 PM   #382
Requiem
~~~
 
Requiem's Avatar
 
~ ~ ~

Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Earth Division
Posts: 23,325

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara
Default

Maybe Orton and Tebow are just bad QB's. You are projecting, MacGoober.
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 02:00 PM   #383
StugotsIII
O-H
 

Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 1,535

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Your Mom
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacGruder View Post
Adding a couple zone read option plays isn't scrapping an offense. That's ridiculous. Especially when it ties into exactly what Fox wants to do.

Fox scrapped McD's offense coming in unnecessarily which made Orton look terrible too.
Yeah...that's why Orton looked bad.
StugotsIII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 02:01 PM   #384
MacGruder
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by StugotsIII View Post
They may have kept the offense...but the sure as hell didn't run it after the Miami game...Fox even said that if they continued that offense under Tebow they wouldn't have won a game...
They only won one game with the old offense you dingus.. lol

The OFFENSE was screwing them not Tebow. Orton was far worse this season under Fox than last season.. while everyone else was putting up record offensive numbers!

They even traded Lloyd before that Lions game.. Orton at least had him. Tebow played very well with him in the Chargers game and last season too.

So how is that Tebow's fault?
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 02:02 PM   #385
MacGruder
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by StugotsIII View Post
Yeah...that's why Orton looked bad.
It's definitely why he looked worse..

The season before Orton put up Cam Newton/Marino numbers which is why everyone said he wasn't the problem...
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 02:03 PM   #386
oubronco
John Foneco !!
 
oubronco's Avatar
 
Mile High Magic

Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Sooner Country
Posts: 19,922
Default

Tebow sucks and he'll be out of the league in 2 yrs

MacGoober will cry
oubronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 02:05 PM   #387
MacGruder
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem View Post
Maybe Orton and Tebow are just bad QB's. You are projecting, MacGoober.
Maybe Fox just makes all his QBs look bad even when they are good.

Both Tebow and Orton looked bad in Fox's offense but Tebow won... that showed his true effectiveness.

Cam and Orton putting up stellar numbers and losing shows how great numbers are meaningless...
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 02:07 PM   #388
MacGruder
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by oubronco View Post
Tebow sucks and he'll be out of the league in 2 yrs

MacGoober will cry
I might take up religion.. Tebow is clearly being crucified for our sins..

He's is being crucified for simply being different... that's a great illustration of human nature..
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 02:09 PM   #389
ncjmirabile
Spiderman 3's Gwen
 

Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Princeton, WV
Posts: 345
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by StugotsIII View Post
They may have kept the offense...but the sure as hell didn't run it after the Miami game...Fox even said that if they continued that offense under Tebow they wouldn't have won a game...
I tend to agree with you. Correct me if I am wrong but if I remember the first SD game right, they had Tebow in the same offense that Orton had been running and Tebow struggled initially until they started calling more zone read option plays and the zone read plays is what started to get the offense rolling.
ncjmirabile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 02:10 PM   #390
BroncoBeavis
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by oubronco View Post
Tebow sucks and he'll be out of the league in 2 yrs
But he'd still have more yards per toss than Sam Bradford.

That dude truly smokes cock.

Bradford @ #1 makes the Brock pick look like the deal of the century. So I guess it's good that no matter how bad you eff up, there's always someone who did it worse.

Unless, of course, your name is Sam Bradford.
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 02:14 PM   #391
Play2win
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 9,630

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Duke
Default

Tebow should go work for a lady's fashion store, selling Platform shoes...
Play2win is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 02:15 PM   #392
MacGruder
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncjmirabile View Post
I tend to agree with you. Correct me if I am wrong but if I remember the first SD game right, they had Tebow in the same offense that Orton had been running and Tebow struggled initially until they started calling more zone read option plays and the zone read plays is what started to get the offense rolling.
There was no zone read in the chargers game.. yeah it took Tebow time to get going but he got in a great rhythm with Lloyd.

The reason Tebow and Orton struggled in Fox's O was because it was so predictable and slow paced. ANYONE would struggle in that O without great runners in the offense.

The Oline was terrible without Tebow running too. That is the real reason "Tebow was screwed" as Fox said. This is why I think Peyton was a moron to go to Denver. he's going to get KILLED behind that line.

Fox honestly didn't want the offense to be successful though.. having no offense helped his D tremendously.. when Tebow scored quickly the Broncos D completely collapsed.

This is also why Cam is so overrated in Carolina.. the offense in Carolina looked so bad the season before Cam for the same reason - Fox was always protecting his D and making the O look bad.

Last edited by MacGruder; 05-25-2012 at 02:40 PM..
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 02:18 PM   #393
oubronco
John Foneco !!
 
oubronco's Avatar
 
Mile High Magic

Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Sooner Country
Posts: 19,922
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBeavis View Post
But he'd still have more yards per toss than Sam Bradford.

That dude truly smokes cock.

Bradford @ #1 makes the Brock pick look like the deal of the century. So I guess it's good that no matter how bad you eff up, there's always someone who did it worse.

Unless, of course, your name is Sam Bradford.
Keep humpin that chicken if you truly believe that
oubronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 02:19 PM   #394
Drunken.Broncoholic
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacGruder View Post
There was no zone read in the chargers game.. yeah it took Tebow time to get going but he got in a great rhythm with Lloyd.

The reason Tebow and Orton struggled in Fox's O was because it was so predictable and slow paced. ANYONE would struggle in that O without great runners in the offense.

The Oline was terrible without Tebow running too. That is the real reason "Tebow was screwed" as Fox said. This is why I think Peyton was a moron to go to Denver. he's going to get KILLED behind that line.

Fox honestly didn't want the offense to be successful though.. having no offense helped his D tremendously.. when Tebow scored quickly the Broncos D completely collapsed.

This is also why Cam is so overrated in Carolina.. the offense in Carolina looked so bad for the same reason.

Orton was only sacked 9 times in 5 games with the same Oline and same HC. You are just flaming the boards with poo and stds.
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 02:31 PM   #395
ncjmirabile
Spiderman 3's Gwen
 

Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Princeton, WV
Posts: 345
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacGruder View Post
There was no zone read in the chargers game.. yeah it took Tebow time to get going but he got in a great rhythm with Lloyd.

The reason Tebow and Orton struggled in Fox's O was because it was so predictable and slow paced. ANYONE would struggle in that O without great runners in the offense.

The Oline was terrible without Tebow running too. That is the real reason "Tebow was screwed" as Fox said. This is why I think Peyton was a moron to go to Denver. he's going to get KILLED behind that line.

Fox honestly didn't want the offense to be successful though.. having no offense helped his D tremendously.. when Tebow scored quickly the Broncos D completely collapsed.

This is also why Cam is so overrated in Carolina.. the offense in Carolina looked so bad for the same reason.
So running an offense suited to the strengths of your QB is wanting your offense to fail. I fail to understand your point.

In that first Chargers game, Tebow only attempted three passes to Lloyd. Two were incomplete and was like a 20 yarder as time was expiring.
ncjmirabile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 02:42 PM   #396
MacGruder
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken.Broncoholic View Post
Orton was only sacked 9 times in 5 games with the same Oline and same HC. You are just flaming the boards with poo and stds.
Yeah.. he just threw a bunch of interceptions and checked down and threw the ball away.. this is why stats and how someone looks is meaningless. Tebow held onto the ball trying to actually complete the play rather than protecting his own stats.. that is why Tebiow is a winner and Orton isn't. Orton couldn't take those hits either..
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 02:48 PM   #397
ncjmirabile
Spiderman 3's Gwen
 

Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Princeton, WV
Posts: 345
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacGruder View Post
Yeah.. he just threw a bunch of interceptions and checked down and threw the ball away.. this is why stats and how someone looks is meaningless. Tebow held onto the ball trying to actually complete the play rather than protecting his own stats.. that is why Tebiow is a winner and Orton isn't. Orton couldn't take those hits either..
Or possibly an indicator that the o-line was set up more for a passing offense under Orton and more for an option offense under Tebow which lends support to the idea that the offenses Tebow and Orton ran were different.

Also, I could be wrong, but don't QBs in option offenses take more hits and more sacks because of the nature of option offenses.
ncjmirabile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 02:48 PM   #398
MacGruder
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncjmirabile View Post
So running an offense suited to the strengths of your QB is wanting your offense to fail. I fail to understand your point.

In that first Chargers game, Tebow only attempted three passes to Lloyd. Two were incomplete and was like a 20 yarder as time was expiring.
The offense Fox threw away coming in was better for Tebow and Orton.. not better for his own D though... he made his own job coaching D easy. Made himself look good at the expense of Orton and Tebow.

Tebow and Lloyd made some great plays.. that game and the previous season when Tebow outperformed Orton then too. They nearly won the game if Lloyd hadn't dropped a pass in the end zone. That was with Tebow having to dig out of the hole Orton put them in too.
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 02:49 PM   #399
BroncoBeavis
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by oubronco View Post
Keep humpin that chicken if you truly believe that
Hmmm, a #1 overall QB with a lower QBR than one who sucks and will be out of the league in 2 years?

There's a word for that kind of draft fail... what was it?
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 02:54 PM   #400
MacGruder
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncjmirabile View Post
Or possibly an indicator that the o-line was set up more for a passing offense under Orton and more for an option offense under Tebow which lends support to the idea that the offenses Tebow and Orton ran were different.
No.. because when they were running pass plays the opposing D could get to the QB at will.. under Tebow or Orton. Orton would throw the ball away or checkdown.. Tebow wouldn't settle and took the hit but it was also why he put more pressure on Ds and made them respect the deep ball opening the run game.


Quote:
Also, I could be wrong, but don't QBs in option offenses take more hits and more sacks because of the nature of option offenses.
They do but we are talking about pass plays here and pass protection. Tebow's running ability prevented opposing Ds from attacking because they wanted to try to make Tebow stay in the pocket.. but again he had no receivers so this was also why that was beneficial.
  Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:32 PM.


Denver Broncos