The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-25-2012, 11:02 AM   #326
Drek
Ring of Famer
 
Drek's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 12,368
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by baja View Post
Now this is just pure bull shiit. There is no way you can know that.
How long did it take them to trade him?

About 24 hours after Manning said he was coming to Denver.

If the intent was to extract maximum value they would have if nothing else at least played their hand closer to the vest and into the draft. Its not like Caleb Hanie was going somewhere else.

The intent was clearly to make sure that the Manning/Tebow overlap was as small as possible.
Drek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 11:12 AM   #327
baja
Elite Sissie
 
baja's Avatar
 
Because

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: in the present moment
Posts: 59,448

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Cito's Sissies
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drek View Post
How long did it take them to trade him?

About 24 hours after Manning said he was coming to Denver.

If the intent was to extract maximum value they would have if nothing else at least played their hand closer to the vest and into the draft. Its not like Caleb Hanie was going somewhere else.

The intent was clearly to make sure that the Manning/Tebow overlap was as small as possible.
Conjecture is not fact.

You spin such pretty conjecture that you believe your own bull shiit on occasion.
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 11:15 AM   #328
baja
Elite Sissie
 
baja's Avatar
 
Because

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: in the present moment
Posts: 59,448

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Cito's Sissies
Default

How long do you think it takes to make 31 phone calls?
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 11:16 AM   #329
Stagger Lee
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by baja View Post
How long do you think it takes to make 31 phone calls?
And to hear 29 versions of "No thanks, John".
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 11:17 AM   #330
TonyR
Franchise Poster
 
TonyR's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Mid-Atlantic
Posts: 18,734
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBeavis View Post
The fact that you'd even draw a comparison to Brees is silly...
Which is why in the post linked below I used Cam Newton as the comp. That's more fair, right?

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showpos...&postcount=310
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 11:27 AM   #331
MacGruder
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheElusiveKyleOrton View Post
Late in the season... like the meltdown in Buffalo? Or the three points against KC at home?
You mean the games when McGahee was injured so Tebow had no receivers because Elway moved them and no runningbacks because they sucked and/or were injured?
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 11:41 AM   #332
MacGruder
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by baja View Post
Now that some time has passed I am thinking E&F decided to do right by Tebow. They knew that he was never going to be in our long range plans so they gave the kid the chance to pursue his career as a starting NFL qb. They even accommodated him going to the Jets for a lesser deal than the Jags offered. E&F want a pocket passer and doubted Tebow was ever going to be that QBOTF. Drafting Osweller in the second with a win now plan A clearly shows that direction.
There is a big problem with this premise though Baja.. Elway and who knows who else has been trashing Tebow in the media since Elway took over...

It seems clear to me that Elway is trying to prevent Tebow from even getting the opportunity to make him look bad. Which is very smart on his part because IF Tebow is a huge success somehwere else and Elway doesn't have success in Denver I think he will definitely get crucified for that.. and rightfully so.
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 11:43 AM   #333
baja
Elite Sissie
 
baja's Avatar
 
Because

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: in the present moment
Posts: 59,448

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Cito's Sissies
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacGruder View Post
There is a big problem with this premise though Baja.. Elway and who knows who else has been trashing Tebow in the media since Elway took over...

It seems clear to me that Elway is trying to prevent Tebow from even getting the opportunity to make him look bad. Which is very smart on his part because IF Tebow is a huge success somehwere else and Elway doesn't have success in Denver I think he will definitely get crucified for that.. and rightfully so.
If that were true he would have shipped his ass to Jacksonville.
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 11:44 AM   #334
TDmvp
Ring of Famer
 
TDmvp's Avatar
 
This ones for Pat...

Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 8,353
Default

TDmvp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 11:46 AM   #335
MacGruder
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyR View Post
This is how it mostly appeared on the surface in Denver, too. But behind the scenes there was clearly some resentment. Lots of egos to deal with and when the reporters run to Tebow after every game, and the national media focuses on him with almost every story, it starts rubbing people the wrong way. It's human nature. And in my opinion it's a distraction you don't need. And you particularly don't need it with a player you don't believe in, which appears to be the case with Elway, Fox, and probably other coaches and players as well.
I think the resentment in Denver came from the fact Tebow was getting credit for carrying the whole team... people like Skip Bayless would say how awful the team around him was... I belive the reason this made the guys around Tebow so upset is because it was avtually true. Tebow is on a better team now. He won't have to carry them and he won't get all the credit... so there should be no reason for resentment.
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 11:47 AM   #336
bronco militia
OMG...this is horrible!
 
bronco militia's Avatar
 
THE GREATEST

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: colorado springs, co
Posts: 24,608
Default

bronco militia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 11:49 AM   #337
Drunk Monkey
Mars b****es!!!
 
Drunk Monkey's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Texas
Posts: 2,119
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacGruder View Post
There is a big problem with this premise though Baja.. Elway and who knows who else has been trashing Tebow in the media since Elway took over...

It seems clear to me that Elway is trying to prevent Tebow from even getting the opportunity to make him look bad. Which is very smart on his part because IF Tebow is a huge success somehwere else and Elway doesn't have success in Denver I think he will definitely get crucified for that.. and rightfully so.
The second we got Manning Elway was given a free pass to trade Tebow. No reasonable football person or fan would start Tebow over Manning. So the issue became what to do with our back up QB.
Drunk Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 11:52 AM   #338
Drunk Monkey
Mars b****es!!!
 
Drunk Monkey's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Texas
Posts: 2,119
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacGruder View Post
I think the resentment in Denver came from the fact Tebow was getting credit for carrying the whole team... people like Skip Bayless would say how awful the team around him was... I belive the reason this made the guys around Tebow so upset is because it was avtually true. Tebow is on a better team now. He won't have to carry them and he won't get all the credit... so there should be no reason for resentment.
Lolz I would ask if you really believe that but I know you do. When you have humble players like Santonio Holmes on your team not getting the rock thrown his way I am sure he will be fine with it.
Drunk Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 11:53 AM   #339
MacGruder
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by baja View Post
If that were true he would have shipped his ass to Jacksonville.
But by Elway saying he gave Tebow the choice he looks like the good guy instead of what he really is.

Elway already did enough damage by screwing Tebow all last season and trashing him in the media the whole time.

Tebow may have actually had a better chance to start in Jaxs as well. He is clearly better than any QB they have there. The difference in NY is the coaches and GM were more pro Tebow. Also the fans in Jax would have been more pro Tebow which would help him start.

We also don't know where else Tebow had the opportunity to go. I think this may have been what Tebow alluded to when he said the Broncos ultimately had all the power.

And really.. we don't even know if Elway gave Tebow the option. Tebow has not said he did. If Tebow says Elwya is lying and he doesn't want to be in New York then where does that leave him?
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 11:57 AM   #340
baja
Elite Sissie
 
baja's Avatar
 
Because

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: in the present moment
Posts: 59,448

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Cito's Sissies
Default

Ya what ever if Elway wanted to make Tebow look bad he would not have allowed him to go to a good team that lacks a good QB. You have no argument on this one.
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 12:01 PM   #341
Jay3
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheElusiveKyleOrton View Post
You didn't think they were mocking him? Really?

Sure came off as mocking to a lot of people, myself included.
No, I really don't, myself.

But as you know, there are a lot of people that would love to see it as mocking.
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 12:05 PM   #342
Jay3
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by baja View Post
Now that some time has passed I am thinking E&F decided to do right by Tebow. They knew that he was never going to be in our long range plans so they gave the kid the chance to pursue his career as a starting NFL qb. They even accommodated him going to the Jets for a lesser deal than the Jags offered. E&F want a pocket passer and doubted Tebow was ever going to be that QBOTF. Drafting Osweller in the second with a win now plan A clearly shows that direction.
That's what I think, too.

I think all this "Oh noes, we can't handle the circus!" talk is overblown. I think they could have handled it just fine, and so could Tebow. If this team is going to win a Super Bowl, Tebow could have helped. Could have been that special touch in a couple of years that got them over the top.

But I think they knew the timing wasn't right in Tebow's career, because of the 2 years flushed down the toilet in developing him. They would rather draft a new guy, one more to their liking, and let him chill out 3 or 4 years waiting to start.
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 12:10 PM   #343
MacGruder
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by baja View Post
Ya what ever if Elway wanted to make Tebow look bad he would not have allowed him to go to a good team that lacks a good QB. You have no argument on this one.
We don't know the other options though Baja... anywhere he was going to go could fit your desrpition unless they had an elite QB. And if he goes to a team that has an elite QB they have an elite offense which could make Tebow look even better. Look at Matt Flynn in Green Bay.. look at Matt Cassell on the Patriots..

If Elway had sent Tebow to the Pats Tebow could have helped them win a championship. Then how would Elway look.. how would Tebow look? This is why Elway ensured he did all the damage last season.
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 12:13 PM   #344
BroncoBeavis
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyR View Post
Which is why in the post linked below I used Cam Newton as the comp. That's more fair, right?

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showpos...&postcount=310
Cam was a 1st overall pick. Do you think the Colts would've traded theirs for him?

The point isn't to say Tim was a #1 overall kind of prospect. The point is that the Broncos made every mistake in the book to minimize his trade value.

He's worth more than a 4th rounder.
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 12:14 PM   #345
Drunken.Broncoholic
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacGruder View Post
We don't know the other options though Baja... anywhere he was going to go could fit your desrpition unless they had an elite QB. And if he goes to a team that has an elite QB they have an elite offense which could make Tebow look even better. Look at Matt Flynn in Green Bay.. look at Matt Cassell on the Patriots..

If Elway ahd sent Tebow to the Pats Tebow could have helped them wina championship. Then how would Elway look.. how would Tebow look? This is why Elway ensured he did all the damage last season.

You need professional help. I could only imagine what psychotic episodes you were having before Tebow even existed in football.

If the patriots were that big on him, why would they let him go to a rival division team for peanuts? If Elway wanted him to fail, why did the coaching staff turn away from the Detroit games playbook? Common sense would tell you to keep that same playbook if they wanted him to fail.
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 12:15 PM   #346
MacGruder
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunk Monkey View Post
Lolz I would ask if you really believe that but I know you do. When you have humble players like Santonio Holmes on your team not getting the rock thrown his way I am sure he will be fine with it.
The difference is they will be winning.. they have a great D and a great D coach.

Also Tebow got Lloyd the rock... Lloyd was just too soft and was afraid Tebow would get him hit.

Most receicers are no where near as soft as Lloyd. I thought Tebow and Lloyd made a great tandem.
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 12:19 PM   #347
baja
Elite Sissie
 
baja's Avatar
 
Because

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: in the present moment
Posts: 59,448

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Cito's Sissies
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacGruder View Post
We don't know the other options though Baja... anywhere he was going to go could fit your desrpition unless they had an elite QB. And if he goes to a team that has an elite QB they have an elite offense which could make Tebow look even better. Look at Matt Flynn in Green Bay.. look at Matt Cassell on the Patriots..

If Elway had sent Tebow to the Pats Tebow could have helped them win a championship. Then how would Elway look.. how would Tebow look? This is why Elway ensured he did all the damage last season.
Have you forgotten only two teams were interested in TT and he was allowed to go to the one that gives him the best chance to succeed, so much for your sabotage theory
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 12:23 PM   #348
MacGruder
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken.Broncoholic View Post
If the patriots were that big on him, why would they let him go to a rival division team for peanuts?
Because the Pats didn't have the option to get him. That is what I am saying. This is why Elway would not give Tebow that option and why Tebow might say he didn't have the option. The only reason I could see the Pats not wanting Tebow is because they already have a lot of weird weapons such as Welker, Gronk and Hernandez. There may not be enoguh room in their offense for Tebow's unique skkillset.

But I could surely see why Elway wouldn't want Tebow on the Pats.. if the Brocnos did end up facing them Tebow could easily be the difference maker especially with Belichick using him.

Quote:
If Elway wanted him to fail, why did the coaching staff turn away from the Detroit games playbook? Common sense would tell you to keep that same playbook if they wanted him to fail.
They did the absolute MINIMUM they could to integrate Tebow. And they did it after they had humiliated him.

Urban Meyer has said publicly that they were very uncreative in how they used Tebow. I don't see how anyone coulld not see that.

Why did they even need to change the Brocnos offense coming into the season in the first place? Tebow was successful at the end of last season in it and it was built for him. Both orton and Tebow looked terrible in it.

Elway knew when he hired Fox what it woulsd do to Tebow or any QB. The only thing that might save Peyton is that Fox could let Peyton be his own offensive coordinator essentially.
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 12:23 PM   #349
baja
Elite Sissie
 
baja's Avatar
 
Because

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: in the present moment
Posts: 59,448

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Cito's Sissies
Default

What's amazing is we are on the threshold of one of the most promising seasons in a very long while and the most popular thread is about the Jets back up QB.
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 12:25 PM   #350
Drunk Monkey
Mars b****es!!!
 
Drunk Monkey's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Texas
Posts: 2,119
Default

So if he went to the Pats they would bench Brady in favor of Tebow? Sorry not following the bat **** crazy logic.
Drunk Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:04 PM.


Denver Broncos