The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 05-24-2012, 01:57 PM   #226
Jay3

Talk about a microscope. One hour of one OTA.

He just keeps getting better and better, and people forget what they were saying and thinking in times past. He keeps getting judged by a higher and higher standard.

I'm glad he's letting it fly. I'd rather him throw some picks in 7-on7 OTA drills, it if helps him develop rhythm in getting the ball out of there. His coach yelled that he needed to hit his checkdowns on those plays. (He never seems to check down, which seems like a habit that could be improved).
Old 05-24-2012, 03:05 PM   #227
Turd_Ferguson

Tebow is taking snaps with the punt team and looks "shaky" passing the ball...Meanwhile Division rival GMs are saying this about the Broncos...

“As far as the division race is concerned, I know this, it will be very difficult to win the West,” Smith said. “The Broncos are defending champs, and they added Peyton Manning. The Raiders and the Chiefs are much better. The Broncos are led by one of the greatest quarterbacks in NFL history."

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...-the-afc-west/

Gee I wish we could have kept Tebow, who is going to protect Colquitt on punts
Old 05-24-2012, 03:13 PM   #228
canadianbroncosfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DENVERDUI55 View Post
Is anyone really surprised that Tim Tebow looks shaky?
not really
Old 05-24-2012, 03:14 PM   #229
TheElusiveKyleOrton
BOOM.

Touched By God

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronco militia View Post
Tebow gets reps on punt team, looks shaky at quarterback at OTAs

Posted by Michael David Smith on May 24, 2012, 2:39 PM EDT
Getty ImagesMembers of the New York media got their first look at Tim Tebow on the Jets’ practice field at today’s Organized Team Activities, and the general consensus is that as a quarterback, he’s one heck of a punt protector.

The Tebow obsession might have gotten a little bit out of control when some of the Jets beat writers were offering up live Twitter updates of Tebow’s interceptions during 7-on-7 drills, but those interceptions led to the general consensus that Tebow is having some growing pains in learning the Jets’ offense, and that he didn’t look as good passing the ball as Mark Sanchez.

“It’s definitely frustrating,” Tebow said of throwing two interceptions. “But it’s 7-on-7. Those plays . . . were the first time I ran them. So I’ll learn from it. Honestly, it won’t bother me again. When you make the bad play, you got to put it behind you and move on. I felt like I did.”

Tebow also got reps on the punt team, where the Jets plan to use him as the personal protector, and he seems fine there, to the extent that you can tell anything about a guy’s ability to be a personal protector on the punt team when they’re practicing in shorts in May.

from pft and :

http://www.nydailynews.com/blogs/jet...t-week-of-otas
LUL it's practice you gais! practice duznt mattr remembur?

Heez a gamur!

Old 05-24-2012, 03:18 PM   #230
Broncos_OTM
Dropping bombs from 5280

Broncos Over All

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

is this grade school? lawd almighty
Broncos_OTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 09:14 PM   #231
MacGruder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay3 View Post
Talk about a microscope. One hour of one OTA.

He just keeps getting better and better, and people forget what they were saying and thinking in times past. He keeps getting judged by a higher and higher standard.

I'm glad he's letting it fly.
Exactly... you don't become great by checking the ball down... all these media members should ask Peyton about that. Didn't he set a record throwing INTs as a rookie? And I think Peyton even tend to be conservative compared to Tebow. That's something I think he could learn from Tebow or a Brett Favre... no balls no babies..

Look at Orton.. no one checks down better than him.. and look where it's gotten him..
Old 05-24-2012, 09:53 PM   #232
errand
Ring of Famer

Forgot more than you'll ever know

Both are back-up QB's.....on other teams.

who cares how either of them are doing?
errand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 09:56 PM   #233
Taco John
24/7 Broncos

Peddling the Orange Addiction

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning

Tebow looks bad in practice. Shocking.
Taco John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 01:43 AM   #234
MacGruder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco John View Post
Tebow looks bad in practice. Shocking.
The key word there is "looks"

Looks can be very deceiving..

As Elway hopefully learned last season.
Old 05-25-2012, 01:49 AM   #235
Drek
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turd_Ferguson View Post
Gee I wish we could have kept Tebow, who is going to protect Colquitt on punts
Who would you rather have to win you one critical game late in the 2012 season, Tim Tebow or Caleb Hanie?

Our FO chose the later of those two. That is a problem, because it obviously wasn't a choice based on the ability to play football.
Drek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 03:01 AM   #236
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Gene helping John figure out FA

Adopt-a-Bronco:
They'r all bums

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronco militia View Post
Tebow gets reps on punt team, looks shaky at quarterback at OTAs

Posted by Michael David Smith on May 24, 2012, 2:39 PM EDT
Getty ImagesMembers of the New York media got their first look at Tim Tebow on the Jets’ practice field at today’s Organized Team Activities, and the general consensus is that as a quarterback, he’s one heck of a punt protector.

The Tebow obsession might have gotten a little bit out of control when some of the Jets beat writers were offering up live Twitter updates of Tebow’s interceptions during 7-on-7 drills, but those interceptions led to the general consensus that Tebow is having some growing pains in learning the Jets’ offense, and that he didn’t look as good passing the ball as Mark Sanchez.

“It’s definitely frustrating,” Tebow said of throwing two interceptions. “But it’s 7-on-7. Those plays . . . were the first time I ran them. So I’ll learn from it. Honestly, it won’t bother me again. When you make the bad play, you got to put it behind you and move on. I felt like I did.”

Tebow also got reps on the punt team, where the Jets plan to use him as the personal protector, and he seems fine there, to the extent that you can tell anything about a guy’s ability to be a personal protector on the punt team when they’re practicing in shorts in May.

from pft and :

http://www.nydailynews.com/blogs/jet...t-week-of-otas
Tebow also had offensive coordinator Tony Sparano bark at him after both interceptions.

''Both times, he was saying: `You've got to take your checkdown. It's right in front of you,''' Tebow said. ''That's obviously a learning point for me.''

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/n...orkouts-052412
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 05:22 AM   #237
TheElusiveKyleOrton
BOOM.

Touched By God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drek View Post
Who would you rather have to win you one critical game late in the 2012 season, Tim Tebow or Caleb Hanie?

Our FO chose the later of those two. That is a problem, because it obviously wasn't a choice based on the ability to play football.
Late in the season... like the meltdown in Buffalo? Or the three points against KC at home?
Old 05-25-2012, 05:24 AM   #238
Jay3

Quote:
Originally Posted by errand View Post
Both are back-up QB's.....on other teams.

who cares how either of them are doing?
I'm going to say, for starters, the people reading this thread.
Old 05-25-2012, 05:25 AM   #239
Jay3

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheElusiveKyleOrton View Post
Late in the season... like the meltdown in Buffalo? Or the three points against KC at home?
Or the torching of Pittsburgh? So what's your answer, Caleb Hanie or Tim Tebow?
Old 05-25-2012, 05:35 AM   #240
TheElusiveKyleOrton
BOOM.

Touched By God

Quote:
Or the torching of Pittsburgh? So what's your answer, Caleb Hanie or Tim Tebow?
Okay, so he went 1-4 to finish the season.

Look, anyone would be foolish to take Hanie over Tebow. But you and I and Tim and John and John and everyone in town knows that Tebow wasn't going to stay as a backup, and that his lunatic fringe fans would have had a billboard up after the first Bronco loss this season, and that the fanbase as a whole is tired of dealing with the victim complex from Timbots.

We have Peyton ****ing Manning. You're going to have to learn to deal with that.
Old 05-25-2012, 05:44 AM   #241
Drek
Ring of Famer

Quote:

Look, anyone would be foolish to take Hanie over Tebow. But you and I and Tim and John and John and everyone in town knows that Tebow wasn't going to stay as a backup, and that his lunatic fringe fans would have had a billboard up after the first Bronco loss this season, and that the fanbase as a whole is tired of dealing with the victim complex from Timbots.

We have Peyton ****ing Manning. You're going to have to learn to deal with that.
Except people in this thread are making fun of Tim for currently being a backup and playing special teams, which is a role he's apparently embraced in New York.

A massive media market with a mediocre QB was willing to handle the supposed PR hassles of Tim Tebow in exchange for what Tebow offers on the football field. The Denver Broncos, with the franchise's greatest icon at the helm, bringing in one of the greatest QBs of all time but one with health concerns, is incapable of doing that?

If so then this organization has serious issues. This was a slam dunk path for them to ignore the Tebow fans and keep the best 53 football players they could acquire on the roster. They chickened out and now if Manning isn't health for every single game we get to watch Caleb Hanie have another seizure on the football field.
Drek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 05:58 AM   #242
TonyR
Franchise Poster

I understand your frustration Drek. But at the same time, with the exception of the Steelers game, we got curb stomped by every good team we played last year. And once again with the exception of the Steelers game it appeared teams had figured out Tebow and the Tebow offense. The Steelers game is an outlier aided by a very banged up team that didn't play well and had a stupid game plan for whatever reason. Reality set back in when we played the Pats. Elway and Fox didn't think the future of this team was playing Tebow style football, they didn't want to deal with the distractions that Tebow brought, and clearly a lot of the players weren't happy with the whole situation based on the comments numerous players have made. Hell even McGahee, who benefitted greatly from Tebow, has made comments that indicate he's happier with the way things are now. I think the circus weighed on a lot of people last year.

Who would I rather have for one game? Tebow. But unfortunately the equation is a lot more complicated than that. The organization clearly viewed getting rid of Tebow to be a net positive. If we lose Manning for an extended period of time we're ****ed either way so let's hope we keep him upright and we won't need to think much about Tebow. Let them deal with the circus in NY.
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 06:03 AM   #243
TonyR
Franchise Poster

In Denver we're talking football now and don't have to deal with this mess:

http://www.denverpost.com/sports/ci_...hout-tim-tebow

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/05/25/sp...-practice.html

http://www.sportsgrid.com/nfl/tim-tebow-jets-ota/

http://larrybrownsports.com/football...m-tebow/137581

http://deadspin.com/5913209/snoop-do...tch-in-chicago

Now that it's okay to be honest about it, Mark Kiszla says the Broncos are better off sans Tebowmania, and do you see the position of that ball? Just, wow. Kiz observes that the chatter in Denver is about actual football rather than who's not dating whom. But since the Broncos' first OTA wrapped up on Wednesday, what else is there to talk about than young Teebs?

Timmy threw two picks when he should have checked down (sound familiar?) and worked as a punt protector yesterday during the open session of the Jets' OTA. After practice, the crisper Mark Sanchez conversed with Jets brass, while Tebow worked to maintain the polish on his image with the PR guy.

In other Tebow-related news, Olympian Lolo Jones says she still has her V card, prompting Timmy's Jets mates to suggest a potential love match; plus, Snoop Dogg Tebowed after throwing out the first pitch at Comiskey.

http://www.itsalloverfatman.com/bron...y-lard-5-25-12
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 06:14 AM   #244
TheElusiveKyleOrton
BOOM.

Touched By God

Quote:
Except people in this thread are making fun of Tim for currently being a backup and playing special teams, which is a role he's apparently embraced in New York.

A massive media market with a mediocre QB was willing to handle the supposed PR hassles of Tim Tebow in exchange for what Tebow offers on the football field. The Denver Broncos, with the franchise's greatest icon at the helm, bringing in one of the greatest QBs of all time but one with health concerns, is incapable of doing that?

If so then this organization has serious issues. This was a slam dunk path for them to ignore the Tebow fans and keep the best 53 football players they could acquire on the roster. They chickened out and now if Manning isn't health for every single game we get to watch Caleb Hanie have another seizure on the football field.
The Jets kept the cat in the bag by saying he's the backup and putting him in punt coverage. That was a savvy move.

In Denver, that cat was not going back into the bag. Period. Elway knew it, got rid of the distraction.

You should probably try to get over it.
Old 05-25-2012, 06:25 AM   #245
Jay3

Quote:

Really, you think Peyton Manning couldn't have held down the starting job?

I just disagree with that. I think things would have settled down nicely.

The billboard was put up by a local business wanting attention, but you knew that.

Do you think the fans at the stadium were Tebow fans that will be gone, or isnt' it more likely those were Broncos ticket holders?

Just seems like everybody's transferring a bunch of internet furor to real life -- I just don't see how "the fans" have any ability to make trouble. The real pressure cooker for the last two years was that the team was losing its ass under Kyle Orton.
Old 05-25-2012, 06:27 AM   #246
Jay3

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyR View Post
In Denver we're talking football now and don't have to deal with this mess:

http://www.denverpost.com/sports/ci_...hout-tim-tebow

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/05/25/sp...-practice.html

http://www.sportsgrid.com/nfl/tim-tebow-jets-ota/

http://larrybrownsports.com/football...m-tebow/137581

http://deadspin.com/5913209/snoop-do...tch-in-chicago

Now that it's okay to be honest about it, Mark Kiszla says the Broncos are better off sans Tebowmania, and do you see the position of that ball? Just, wow. Kiz observes that the chatter in Denver is about actual football rather than who's not dating whom. But since the Broncos' first OTA wrapped up on Wednesday, what else is there to talk about than young Teebs?

Timmy threw two picks when he should have checked down (sound familiar?) and worked as a punt protector yesterday during the open session of the Jets' OTA. After practice, the crisper Mark Sanchez conversed with Jets brass, while Tebow worked to maintain the polish on his image with the PR guy.

In other Tebow-related news, Olympian Lolo Jones says she still has her V card, prompting Timmy's Jets mates to suggest a potential love match; plus, Snoop Dogg Tebowed after throwing out the first pitch at Comiskey.

http://www.itsalloverfatman.com/bron...y-lard-5-25-12
That's a hatchet job.
Old 05-25-2012, 06:28 AM   #247
gunns
I WANT DEFENSE!

Defense, defense, defense

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward

Quote:

As opposed to previous FO moves to bring in backup QB's based on their abilities to win one critical game late in the season, like Quinn, Ramsey, Kannell, Simms. I know I was particularly pleased with Tebow's win in that one critical game late in 2011, the one that would guarantee us a place in the playoffs instead of waiting to see what a rival team did.....oh wait....
gunns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 06:28 AM   #248
Stagger Lee

Still talking about the Jets backup are we?
Old 05-25-2012, 06:29 AM   #249
Jay3

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyR View Post
Let them deal with the circus in NY.
Can someone share how "the circus" really impacted them, personally, in a meaningful way?

What is it? Are we talking internet?
Old 05-25-2012, 06:29 AM   #250
RhymesayersDU
Go Broncos, Nuggets, Rox

GANGNAM STYLE

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ty Lawson

Quote:
Really, you think Peyton Manning couldn't have held down the starting job?

I just disagree with that. I think things would have settled down nicely.

The billboard was put up by a local business wanting attention, but you knew that.

Do you think the fans at the stadium were Tebow fans that will be gone, or isnt' it more likely those were Broncos ticket holders?

Just seems like everybody's transferring a bunch of internet furor to real life -- I just don't see how "the fans" have any ability to make trouble. The real pressure cooker for the last two years was that the team was losing its ass under Kyle Orton.
You're absolutely correct. And you put it correctly, it's the absurd notion of transferring this internet furor to real life. The fans in the stadium only wanted Tebow after it was abundantly clear Orton sucked. Anybody thinking that the chants would continue with Manning slinging the rock around either (1) doesn't go to games and/or (2) just likes to stir up trouble.
RhymesayersDU is offline   Reply With Quote