The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-24-2012, 01:57 PM   #226
Jay3
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Talk about a microscope. One hour of one OTA.

He just keeps getting better and better, and people forget what they were saying and thinking in times past. He keeps getting judged by a higher and higher standard.

I'm glad he's letting it fly. I'd rather him throw some picks in 7-on7 OTA drills, it if helps him develop rhythm in getting the ball out of there. His coach yelled that he needed to hit his checkdowns on those plays. (He never seems to check down, which seems like a habit that could be improved).
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 03:05 PM   #227
Turd_Ferguson
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Tebow is taking snaps with the punt team and looks "shaky" passing the ball...Meanwhile Division rival GMs are saying this about the Broncos...

“As far as the division race is concerned, I know this, it will be very difficult to win the West,” Smith said. “The Broncos are defending champs, and they added Peyton Manning. The Raiders and the Chiefs are much better. The Broncos are led by one of the greatest quarterbacks in NFL history."

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...-the-afc-west/

Gee I wish we could have kept Tebow, who is going to protect Colquitt on punts
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 03:13 PM   #228
canadianbroncosfan
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DENVERDUI55 View Post
Is anyone really surprised that Tim Tebow looks shaky?
not really
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 03:14 PM   #229
TheElusiveKyleOrton
BOOM.
 
TheElusiveKyleOrton's Avatar
 
Touched By God

Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Denver
Posts: 10,550
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronco militia View Post
Tebow gets reps on punt team, looks shaky at quarterback at OTAs

Posted by Michael David Smith on May 24, 2012, 2:39 PM EDT
Getty ImagesMembers of the New York media got their first look at Tim Tebow on the Jets’ practice field at today’s Organized Team Activities, and the general consensus is that as a quarterback, he’s one heck of a punt protector.

The Tebow obsession might have gotten a little bit out of control when some of the Jets beat writers were offering up live Twitter updates of Tebow’s interceptions during 7-on-7 drills, but those interceptions led to the general consensus that Tebow is having some growing pains in learning the Jets’ offense, and that he didn’t look as good passing the ball as Mark Sanchez.

“It’s definitely frustrating,” Tebow said of throwing two interceptions. “But it’s 7-on-7. Those plays . . . were the first time I ran them. So I’ll learn from it. Honestly, it won’t bother me again. When you make the bad play, you got to put it behind you and move on. I felt like I did.”

Tebow also got reps on the punt team, where the Jets plan to use him as the personal protector, and he seems fine there, to the extent that you can tell anything about a guy’s ability to be a personal protector on the punt team when they’re practicing in shorts in May.

from pft and :

http://www.nydailynews.com/blogs/jet...t-week-of-otas
LUL it's practice you gais! practice duznt mattr remembur?

Heez a gamur!

__________________
Nobody puts Jay-bee in the corner.
TheElusiveKyleOrton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 03:18 PM   #230
Broncos_OTM
Dropping bombs from 5280
 
Broncos_OTM's Avatar
 
Broncos Over All

Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 6,264

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

is this grade school? lawd almighty
Broncos_OTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 09:14 PM   #231
MacGruder
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay3 View Post
Talk about a microscope. One hour of one OTA.

He just keeps getting better and better, and people forget what they were saying and thinking in times past. He keeps getting judged by a higher and higher standard.

I'm glad he's letting it fly.
Exactly... you don't become great by checking the ball down... all these media members should ask Peyton about that. Didn't he set a record throwing INTs as a rookie? And I think Peyton even tend to be conservative compared to Tebow. That's something I think he could learn from Tebow or a Brett Favre... no balls no babies..

Look at Orton.. no one checks down better than him.. and look where it's gotten him..
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 09:53 PM   #232
errand
Ring of Famer
 
errand's Avatar
 
Forgot more than you'll ever know

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Western NC mountains
Posts: 17,187
Default

Both are back-up QB's.....on other teams.

who cares how either of them are doing?
errand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 09:56 PM   #233
Taco John
24/7 Broncos
 
Taco John's Avatar
 
Peddling the Orange Addiction

Join Date: Apr 2001
Posts: 50,274

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning
Default

Tebow looks bad in practice. Shocking.
Taco John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 01:43 AM   #234
MacGruder
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco John View Post
Tebow looks bad in practice. Shocking.
The key word there is "looks"

Looks can be very deceiving..

As Elway hopefully learned last season.
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 01:49 AM   #235
Drek
Ring of Famer
 
Drek's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 12,386
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turd_Ferguson View Post
Gee I wish we could have kept Tebow, who is going to protect Colquitt on punts
Who would you rather have to win you one critical game late in the 2012 season, Tim Tebow or Caleb Hanie?

Our FO chose the later of those two. That is a problem, because it obviously wasn't a choice based on the ability to play football.
Drek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 03:01 AM   #236
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum
 
broncosteven's Avatar
 
Gene helping John figure out FA

Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Tranquility Base
Posts: 34,676

Adopt-a-Bronco:
They'r all bums
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronco militia View Post
Tebow gets reps on punt team, looks shaky at quarterback at OTAs

Posted by Michael David Smith on May 24, 2012, 2:39 PM EDT
Getty ImagesMembers of the New York media got their first look at Tim Tebow on the Jets’ practice field at today’s Organized Team Activities, and the general consensus is that as a quarterback, he’s one heck of a punt protector.

The Tebow obsession might have gotten a little bit out of control when some of the Jets beat writers were offering up live Twitter updates of Tebow’s interceptions during 7-on-7 drills, but those interceptions led to the general consensus that Tebow is having some growing pains in learning the Jets’ offense, and that he didn’t look as good passing the ball as Mark Sanchez.

“It’s definitely frustrating,” Tebow said of throwing two interceptions. “But it’s 7-on-7. Those plays . . . were the first time I ran them. So I’ll learn from it. Honestly, it won’t bother me again. When you make the bad play, you got to put it behind you and move on. I felt like I did.”

Tebow also got reps on the punt team, where the Jets plan to use him as the personal protector, and he seems fine there, to the extent that you can tell anything about a guy’s ability to be a personal protector on the punt team when they’re practicing in shorts in May.

from pft and :

http://www.nydailynews.com/blogs/jet...t-week-of-otas
Tebow also had offensive coordinator Tony Sparano bark at him after both interceptions.

''Both times, he was saying: `You've got to take your checkdown. It's right in front of you,''' Tebow said. ''That's obviously a learning point for me.''

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/n...orkouts-052412
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 05:22 AM   #237
TheElusiveKyleOrton
BOOM.
 
TheElusiveKyleOrton's Avatar
 
Touched By God

Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Denver
Posts: 10,550
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drek View Post
Who would you rather have to win you one critical game late in the 2012 season, Tim Tebow or Caleb Hanie?

Our FO chose the later of those two. That is a problem, because it obviously wasn't a choice based on the ability to play football.
Late in the season... like the meltdown in Buffalo? Or the three points against KC at home?
__________________
Nobody puts Jay-bee in the corner.
TheElusiveKyleOrton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 05:24 AM   #238
Jay3
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by errand View Post
Both are back-up QB's.....on other teams.

who cares how either of them are doing?
I'm going to say, for starters, the people reading this thread.
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 05:25 AM   #239
Jay3
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheElusiveKyleOrton View Post
Late in the season... like the meltdown in Buffalo? Or the three points against KC at home?
Or the torching of Pittsburgh? So what's your answer, Caleb Hanie or Tim Tebow?
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 05:35 AM   #240
TheElusiveKyleOrton
BOOM.
 
TheElusiveKyleOrton's Avatar
 
Touched By God

Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Denver
Posts: 10,550
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay3 View Post
Or the torching of Pittsburgh? So what's your answer, Caleb Hanie or Tim Tebow?
Okay, so he went 1-4 to finish the season.

Look, anyone would be foolish to take Hanie over Tebow. But you and I and Tim and John and John and everyone in town knows that Tebow wasn't going to stay as a backup, and that his lunatic fringe fans would have had a billboard up after the first Bronco loss this season, and that the fanbase as a whole is tired of dealing with the victim complex from Timbots.

We have Peyton ****ing Manning. You're going to have to learn to deal with that.
__________________
Nobody puts Jay-bee in the corner.
TheElusiveKyleOrton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 05:44 AM   #241
Drek
Ring of Famer
 
Drek's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 12,386
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheElusiveKyleOrton View Post
Okay, so he went 1-4 to finish the season.

Look, anyone would be foolish to take Hanie over Tebow. But you and I and Tim and John and John and everyone in town knows that Tebow wasn't going to stay as a backup, and that his lunatic fringe fans would have had a billboard up after the first Bronco loss this season, and that the fanbase as a whole is tired of dealing with the victim complex from Timbots.

We have Peyton ****ing Manning. You're going to have to learn to deal with that.
Except people in this thread are making fun of Tim for currently being a backup and playing special teams, which is a role he's apparently embraced in New York.

A massive media market with a mediocre QB was willing to handle the supposed PR hassles of Tim Tebow in exchange for what Tebow offers on the football field. The Denver Broncos, with the franchise's greatest icon at the helm, bringing in one of the greatest QBs of all time but one with health concerns, is incapable of doing that?

If so then this organization has serious issues. This was a slam dunk path for them to ignore the Tebow fans and keep the best 53 football players they could acquire on the roster. They chickened out and now if Manning isn't health for every single game we get to watch Caleb Hanie have another seizure on the football field.
Drek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 05:58 AM   #242
TonyR
Franchise Poster
 
TonyR's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Mid-Atlantic
Posts: 18,345
Default

I understand your frustration Drek. But at the same time, with the exception of the Steelers game, we got curb stomped by every good team we played last year. And once again with the exception of the Steelers game it appeared teams had figured out Tebow and the Tebow offense. The Steelers game is an outlier aided by a very banged up team that didn't play well and had a stupid game plan for whatever reason. Reality set back in when we played the Pats. Elway and Fox didn't think the future of this team was playing Tebow style football, they didn't want to deal with the distractions that Tebow brought, and clearly a lot of the players weren't happy with the whole situation based on the comments numerous players have made. Hell even McGahee, who benefitted greatly from Tebow, has made comments that indicate he's happier with the way things are now. I think the circus weighed on a lot of people last year.

Who would I rather have for one game? Tebow. But unfortunately the equation is a lot more complicated than that. The organization clearly viewed getting rid of Tebow to be a net positive. If we lose Manning for an extended period of time we're ****ed either way so let's hope we keep him upright and we won't need to think much about Tebow. Let them deal with the circus in NY.
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 06:03 AM   #243
TonyR
Franchise Poster
 
TonyR's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Mid-Atlantic
Posts: 18,345
Default

In Denver we're talking football now and don't have to deal with this mess:

http://www.denverpost.com/sports/ci_...hout-tim-tebow

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/05/25/sp...-practice.html

http://www.sportsgrid.com/nfl/tim-tebow-jets-ota/

http://larrybrownsports.com/football...m-tebow/137581

http://deadspin.com/5913209/snoop-do...tch-in-chicago


Now that it's okay to be honest about it, Mark Kiszla says the Broncos are better off sans Tebowmania, and do you see the position of that ball? Just, wow. Kiz observes that the chatter in Denver is about actual football rather than who's not dating whom. But since the Broncos' first OTA wrapped up on Wednesday, what else is there to talk about than young Teebs?

Timmy threw two picks when he should have checked down (sound familiar?) and worked as a punt protector yesterday during the open session of the Jets' OTA. After practice, the crisper Mark Sanchez conversed with Jets brass, while Tebow worked to maintain the polish on his image with the PR guy.

In other Tebow-related news, Olympian Lolo Jones says she still has her V card, prompting Timmy's Jets mates to suggest a potential love match; plus, Snoop Dogg Tebowed after throwing out the first pitch at Comiskey.

http://www.itsalloverfatman.com/bron...y-lard-5-25-12
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 06:14 AM   #244
TheElusiveKyleOrton
BOOM.
 
TheElusiveKyleOrton's Avatar
 
Touched By God

Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Denver
Posts: 10,550
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drek View Post
Except people in this thread are making fun of Tim for currently being a backup and playing special teams, which is a role he's apparently embraced in New York.

A massive media market with a mediocre QB was willing to handle the supposed PR hassles of Tim Tebow in exchange for what Tebow offers on the football field. The Denver Broncos, with the franchise's greatest icon at the helm, bringing in one of the greatest QBs of all time but one with health concerns, is incapable of doing that?

If so then this organization has serious issues. This was a slam dunk path for them to ignore the Tebow fans and keep the best 53 football players they could acquire on the roster. They chickened out and now if Manning isn't health for every single game we get to watch Caleb Hanie have another seizure on the football field.
The Jets kept the cat in the bag by saying he's the backup and putting him in punt coverage. That was a savvy move.

In Denver, that cat was not going back into the bag. Period. Elway knew it, got rid of the distraction.

You should probably try to get over it.
__________________
Nobody puts Jay-bee in the corner.
TheElusiveKyleOrton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 06:25 AM   #245
Jay3
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheElusiveKyleOrton View Post
Okay, so he went 1-4 to finish the season.

Look, anyone would be foolish to take Hanie over Tebow. But you and I and Tim and John and John and everyone in town knows that Tebow wasn't going to stay as a backup, and that his lunatic fringe fans would have had a billboard up after the first Bronco loss this season, and that the fanbase as a whole is tired of dealing with the victim complex from Timbots.

We have Peyton ****ing Manning. You're going to have to learn to deal with that.
Really, you think Peyton Manning couldn't have held down the starting job?

I just disagree with that. I think things would have settled down nicely.

The billboard was put up by a local business wanting attention, but you knew that.

Do you think the fans at the stadium were Tebow fans that will be gone, or isnt' it more likely those were Broncos ticket holders?

Just seems like everybody's transferring a bunch of internet furor to real life -- I just don't see how "the fans" have any ability to make trouble. The real pressure cooker for the last two years was that the team was losing its ass under Kyle Orton.
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 06:27 AM   #246
Jay3
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyR View Post
In Denver we're talking football now and don't have to deal with this mess:

http://www.denverpost.com/sports/ci_...hout-tim-tebow

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/05/25/sp...-practice.html

http://www.sportsgrid.com/nfl/tim-tebow-jets-ota/

http://larrybrownsports.com/football...m-tebow/137581

http://deadspin.com/5913209/snoop-do...tch-in-chicago


Now that it's okay to be honest about it, Mark Kiszla says the Broncos are better off sans Tebowmania, and do you see the position of that ball? Just, wow. Kiz observes that the chatter in Denver is about actual football rather than who's not dating whom. But since the Broncos' first OTA wrapped up on Wednesday, what else is there to talk about than young Teebs?

Timmy threw two picks when he should have checked down (sound familiar?) and worked as a punt protector yesterday during the open session of the Jets' OTA. After practice, the crisper Mark Sanchez conversed with Jets brass, while Tebow worked to maintain the polish on his image with the PR guy.

In other Tebow-related news, Olympian Lolo Jones says she still has her V card, prompting Timmy's Jets mates to suggest a potential love match; plus, Snoop Dogg Tebowed after throwing out the first pitch at Comiskey.

http://www.itsalloverfatman.com/bron...y-lard-5-25-12
That's a hatchet job.
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 06:28 AM   #247
gunns
I WANT DEFENSE!
 
gunns's Avatar
 
Defense, defense, defense

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Always Hoping
Posts: 12,311

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drek View Post
Who would you rather have to win you one critical game late in the 2012 season, Tim Tebow or Caleb Hanie?

Our FO chose the later of those two. That is a problem, because it obviously wasn't a choice based on the ability to play football.

As opposed to previous FO moves to bring in backup QB's based on their abilities to win one critical game late in the season, like Quinn, Ramsey, Kannell, Simms. I know I was particularly pleased with Tebow's win in that one critical game late in 2011, the one that would guarantee us a place in the playoffs instead of waiting to see what a rival team did.....oh wait....
gunns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 06:28 AM   #248
Stagger Lee
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Still talking about the Jets backup are we?
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 06:29 AM   #249
Jay3
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyR View Post
Let them deal with the circus in NY.
Can someone share how "the circus" really impacted them, personally, in a meaningful way?

What is it? Are we talking internet?
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 06:29 AM   #250
RhymesayersDU
Go Broncos, Nuggets, Rox
 
RhymesayersDU's Avatar
 
GANGNAM STYLE

Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Back In The 303!
Posts: 14,960

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ty Lawson
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay3 View Post
Really, you think Peyton Manning couldn't have held down the starting job?

I just disagree with that. I think things would have settled down nicely.

The billboard was put up by a local business wanting attention, but you knew that.

Do you think the fans at the stadium were Tebow fans that will be gone, or isnt' it more likely those were Broncos ticket holders?

Just seems like everybody's transferring a bunch of internet furor to real life -- I just don't see how "the fans" have any ability to make trouble. The real pressure cooker for the last two years was that the team was losing its ass under Kyle Orton.
You're absolutely correct. And you put it correctly, it's the absurd notion of transferring this internet furor to real life. The fans in the stadium only wanted Tebow after it was abundantly clear Orton sucked. Anybody thinking that the chants would continue with Manning slinging the rock around either (1) doesn't go to games and/or (2) just likes to stir up trouble.
RhymesayersDU is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:51 AM.


Denver Broncos