The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Ring of Fame Threads
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-22-2012, 01:31 PM   #876
JCMElway
Moderate-erator
 
JCMElway's Avatar
 
Dominate!

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Grand Rapids, MI
Posts: 7,218

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Oleg
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohirrim View Post
My team won!
Roh and phibacka -- Why did you decide to vote for Apa in the blackout round? He was voting with us at the time....

Just curious as to the in-game tactics/reasoning.
JCMElway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 01:36 PM   #877
Old Dude
Super Moderator
 
Old Dude's Avatar
 
Consultant

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: DIA Tunnels
Posts: 14,757
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadianbroncosfan View Post
No you wouldn't cause I voted for you. Target me all game will you.
Technically, if Ludo had cowered, that would have negated your ghost vote.

However, that still wouldn't have been enough to throw it into sudden death, because that still would have left bfo and Falconer as the only ones untouched by any negative vote.

Now, if phibacka and Ludo had BOTH cowered, then we'd have had a three-way tie between bfo, Falconer and phibacka - which would have resulted in a sudden death super-ghost round.
Old Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 01:38 PM   #878
Old Dude
Super Moderator
 
Old Dude's Avatar
 
Consultant

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: DIA Tunnels
Posts: 14,757
Default

Who in the heck were in which alliances anyway?
Old Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 01:41 PM   #879
Old Dude
Super Moderator
 
Old Dude's Avatar
 
Consultant

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: DIA Tunnels
Posts: 14,757
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by houghtam View Post


Ask Old Dude. I was the first one to cast my vote as cower, about 13 seconds after the rules were posted. That was my plan going into the final round.
In seven seasons of Survivor, I've never seen anyone dive for cover faster.
Old Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 01:44 PM   #880
bfoflcommish
Time for Broncos Football
 
bfoflcommish's Avatar
 
GO..........BRONCOS

Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Mile High
Posts: 3,487

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Steve Atwater
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCMElway View Post
Roh and phibacka -- Why did you decide to vote for Apa in the blackout round? He was voting with us at the time....

Just curious as to the in-game tactics/reasoning.
my guess is because things were being fed from everywhere to take out stronger players. thats why i voted that way too. I was fed so much different info that round I was like eh why not go with that for an interesting blackout. ahahahaha
bfoflcommish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 01:46 PM   #881
bfoflcommish
Time for Broncos Football
 
bfoflcommish's Avatar
 
GO..........BRONCOS

Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Mile High
Posts: 3,487

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Steve Atwater
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCMElway View Post
As did mine, although BFO came to the party about mid-way through. I now have the satisfaction that none of my alliances have ever lost in Survivor. I would have liked to have seen one of my original 4 mates win, but we got a little fractured plan-wise in the last round.

It's hard to try and push things around from beyond the grave!


ish.... lines were always open and we had worked before previous seasons.
bfoflcommish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 01:47 PM   #882
houghtam
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 6,396
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Dude View Post
Who in the heck were in which alliances anyway?
I'll tell mine from my point of view.

Right off the bat, JCM comes in and says me, hough, DBronc, Rohirrim and phibacka are a team. If anyone wins from our team we can consider that a win for us too. So we all agreed. Then a few rounds later, someone mentions canadian as a target to me, so I go to him and Navy, and say we need to protect each other because you're both targets. So then they're like cool. And broncosteven is all trying to feel out where everyone's allegiances are, so I invite him on board Houghtam's Canadian Navy Shuttle. Meanwhile I go back to my original team and I'm like hey let's vote this way because it will make it look like we're not after those guys, but we really are and stuff. So that's what we did. Then some other **** happened and kinda screwed some of us up. I think it was the zombie round. So JCM died and was like you guys I think we can get bfofl and Falconer up in this piece too. So we did. And then you guys saw what happened.
houghtam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 01:52 PM   #883
bfoflcommish
Time for Broncos Football
 
bfoflcommish's Avatar
 
GO..........BRONCOS

Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Mile High
Posts: 3,487

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Steve Atwater
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by houghtam View Post
I'll tell mine from my point of view.

Right off the bat, JCM comes in and says me, hough, DBronc, Rohirrim and phibacka are a team. If anyone wins from our team we can consider that a win for us too. So we all agreed. Then a few rounds later, someone mentions canadian as a target to me, so I go to him and Navy, and say we need to protect each other because you're both targets. So then they're like cool. And broncosteven is all trying to feel out where everyone's allegiances are, so I invite him on board Houghtam's Canadian Navy Shuttle. Meanwhile I go back to my original team and I'm like hey let's vote this way because it will make it look like we're not after those guys, but we really are and stuff. So that's what we did. Then some other **** happened and kinda screwed some of us up. I think it was the zombie round. So JCM died and was like you guys I think we can get bfofl and Falconer up in this piece too. So we did. And then you guys saw what happened.


caused a riot in this mutha%^&%$
bfoflcommish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 02:06 PM   #884
ludo21
RIP Darrent Williams
 
ludo21's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Glendale, AZ
Posts: 19,032

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Paul Ernster
Default

Falconer, Bsteven, and me.

and whoever we willed to vote our way... suckas!!
ludo21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 02:07 PM   #885
ludo21
RIP Darrent Williams
 
ludo21's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Glendale, AZ
Posts: 19,032

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Paul Ernster
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadianbroncosfan View Post
No you wouldn't cause I voted for you. Target me all game will you.




i just picked a random non threat to me and went with it to not piss anyone off
ludo21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 02:21 PM   #886
JCMElway
Moderate-erator
 
JCMElway's Avatar
 
Dominate!

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Grand Rapids, MI
Posts: 7,218

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Oleg
Default

Wow, Falconer played both sides of the aisle nicely.

My hat's off to you.
JCMElway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 03:15 PM   #887
Conklin
Ring of Famer
 
Conklin's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Springfield, Misery
Posts: 3,141
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by houghtam View Post
I'll tell mine from my point of view.

So JCM died and was like you guys I think we can get bfofl and Falconer up in this piece too. So we did. And then you guys saw what happened.
so you got played by them but yet think you carried them to the win? you are dumber than I thought
Conklin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 03:43 PM   #888
canadianbroncosfan
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ludo21 View Post


i just picked a random non threat to me and went with it to not piss anyone off
ha-ha no worries, it was an interesting game, not what I expected. Wtf happened to punishing those that abstained? If I knew there was no punishment I would've waited it out a few rounds to figure out who to go with.
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 03:46 PM   #889
BroncoMan4ever
Ring of Famer
 
BroncoMan4ever's Avatar
 
That's just like your opinion, man

Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Denver
Posts: 13,201

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VIRGIL GREEN!!!
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCMElway View Post
Actually, if Ludo/BM4E/Lev all cowered, and convinced their ghosts not to shoot at the remaining four, it would have forced a sudden death round. The remaining four guys had one black mark. With all those tiebreakers against, it was really the only way for them to win.
cowering is for pussies. i take my death in the water like i take my bourbon...with ice.
BroncoMan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 03:47 PM   #890
canadianbroncosfan
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by houghtam View Post
I'll tell mine from my point of view.

Right off the bat, JCM comes in and says me, hough, DBronc, Rohirrim and phibacka are a team. If anyone wins from our team we can consider that a win for us too. So we all agreed. Then a few rounds later, someone mentions canadian as a target to me, so I go to him and Navy, and say we need to protect each other because you're both targets. So then they're like cool. And broncosteven is all trying to feel out where everyone's allegiances are, so I invite him on board Houghtam's Canadian Navy Shuttle. Meanwhile I go back to my original team and I'm like hey let's vote this way because it will make it look like we're not after those guys, but we really are and stuff. So that's what we did. Then some other **** happened and kinda screwed some of us up. I think it was the zombie round. So JCM died and was like you guys I think we can get bfofl and Falconer up in this piece too. So we did. And then you guys saw what happened.
It's funny I heard this for four rounds and got very few votes.

Although I stayed with this alliance for the most part I was also in talks with bfofl and JMC as they got me through a few rounds. broncosteven then went against us and we knew we smelt a rat, which lead to his demise.
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 03:49 PM   #891
houghtam
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 6,396
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conklin View Post
so you got played by them but yet think you carried them to the win? you are dumber than I thought
Is someone talking? All I hear is "blahblahblah I got voted out in round 2"
houghtam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 03:49 PM   #892
BroncoMan4ever
Ring of Famer
 
BroncoMan4ever's Avatar
 
That's just like your opinion, man

Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Denver
Posts: 13,201

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VIRGIL GREEN!!!
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCMElway View Post
Ludo, why did you shoot at BM4E?

I don't know if he did it on purpose, but houghtam acting like a jackass and drawing your fire probably earned BFO and Falconer the title. a hugely smart play when a tiebreaker round would only have helped Lev/Ludo/BM4E.
yeah Ludo, i am curious about that myself.
BroncoMan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 03:52 PM   #893
houghtam
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 6,396
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadianbroncosfan View Post
It's funny I heard this for four rounds and got very few votes.

Although I stayed with this alliance for the most part I was also in talks with bfofl and JMC as they got me through a few rounds. broncosteven then went against us and we knew we smelt a rat, which lead to his demise.
You were going to be a target the second round after our alliance, but someone screwed up the vote. I forgot who. So by then broncosteven was already starting to sneak around, so we just shifted targets from you to him.

I was expecting a lot more rounds, to be honest, too, so our plan wasn't as aggressive as it probably should have been.
houghtam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 03:53 PM   #894
Conklin
Ring of Famer
 
Conklin's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Springfield, Misery
Posts: 3,141
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCMElway View Post
As did mine, although BFO came to the party about mid-way through. I now have the satisfaction that none of my alliances have ever lost in Survivor. I would have liked to have seen one of my original 4 mates win, but we got a little fractured plan-wise in the last round.

It's hard to try and push things around from beyond the grave!

your team won? you got played just like hough...the players that won didn't vote with you but one or two times in the first 85% of the game...hell, one of them voted against you...enjoy your "victory"

Last edited by Conklin; 05-22-2012 at 06:29 PM..
Conklin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 03:57 PM   #895
Conklin
Ring of Famer
 
Conklin's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Springfield, Misery
Posts: 3,141
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by houghtam View Post
Is someone talking? All I hear is "blahblahblah I got voted out in round 2"
but I can honestly say that I had open communication with both the winners from the very start of the game, was never targeted by them, and helped toward the end, ensure that they made it to the final rounds, so if you claim your "allies" won, I just have to laugh. you got played, you'd have been out the round prior had you been considered a threat, instead, we went after others cuz you were a pawn the entire game, despite the fact you think you orchestrated the perfect game....there's a reason why I was targeted early.... and there's a reason you weren't targeted, I'll let you see if you can figure it out
Conklin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 04:08 PM   #896
ludo21
RIP Darrent Williams
 
ludo21's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Glendale, AZ
Posts: 19,032

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Paul Ernster
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoMan4ever View Post
yeah Ludo, i am curious about that myself.
i thought if i could divvy out teh votes enough id get a forced tie and have a shot next round
ludo21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 04:10 PM   #897
houghtam
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 6,396
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conklin View Post
but I can honestly say that I had open communication with both the winners from the very start of the game, was never targeted by them, and helped toward the end, ensure that they made it to the final rounds, so if you claim your "allies" won, I just have to laugh. you got played, you'd have been out the round prior had you been considered a threat, instead, we went after others cuz you were a pawn the entire game, despite the fact you think you orchestrated the perfect game....there's a reason why I was targeted early.... and there's a reason you weren't targeted, I'll let you see if you can figure it out
Please, describe for me in detail where I said my allies won? I simply said you guys saw what happened, and you inferred that's what I meant.

I didn't get played at all. I knew full well that allying with anyone was only temporary. My strategy all along was to just do whatever I had to to last until the final round. The reason I let the plan out before the final vote was to see if I could either a) get all the ghosts to attack me, cower and hope the rest would kill each other, or b) at the very least pull votes away from someone I didn't want to win.

But yeah, dude. You're a mastermind.
houghtam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 04:11 PM   #898
BroncoMan4ever
Ring of Famer
 
BroncoMan4ever's Avatar
 
That's just like your opinion, man

Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Denver
Posts: 13,201

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VIRGIL GREEN!!!
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ludo21 View Post
i thought if i could divvy out teh votes enough id get a forced tie and have a shot next round
fair enough. honestly didn't expect to get to this point of the competition anyway. didn't really have a group alliance. just corresponded with BroncoSteven a bunch, but had no idea who he was working with. basically i sat back and just let the chips fall.
BroncoMan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 04:19 PM   #899
houghtam
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 6,396
Default

I'd like to get a straight answer from broncosteven if he was trying to doublecross everyone the whole time, or if it just seemed like it.
houghtam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 05:00 PM   #900
bfoflcommish
Time for Broncos Football
 
bfoflcommish's Avatar
 
GO..........BRONCOS

Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Mile High
Posts: 3,487

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Steve Atwater
Default

I would just like to say I owe Conklin , Jcm, db4 and jsp all a beer or 2 during season!!!!
bfoflcommish is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:45 AM.


Denver Broncos