The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 05-19-2012, 05:13 PM   #76
lonestar
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shananahan View Post
Yeah, and if that's true then I wish they had let him walk. I realize he's the most experienced middle linebacker they've got, but they're also really hoping that Irving pans out and even if he doesn't they're going to need to upgrade the position eventually. I would have preferred the money be spent on another defensive tackle or something.
I'm not yet convinced either but knowng what otheri holes they had to fill they are making do or hoping he turns into another ray lewis..

If he does a good job his contract is such that he would be tradeable also IF Irving comes on strong..

I think most of Y'all fail to realize that there is no way you can afford 8 pro bowlers on each side of the LOS even IF they could find them..

There are always going to be role players.. Some players that are not quite pro bowlers but still good enough to turn the team into a top ten or 5 defense..

As I have always said up grade the DL and everyone behind them becomes better.. May never be all pro. But the DL and OL makes everyone behind them either great or lousy.

Simple fact of life.. Something DEN have failed to grasp for a long time..

Does anyone think that Emmet Smith would have lasted as long or set as many records had he played in DEN instead of DAL?
lonestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 05:15 PM   #77
lonestar
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shananahan View Post
McClain isn't going to be missing any time because of his sentence, don't kid yourself. Hopefully he's suspended for at least 4-6 games, though.
Sorry but not up to speed on Mc lain, are the charges federal or state?
Old 05-19-2012, 05:39 PM   #78
Agamemnon

Quote:
Originally Posted by DENVERDUI55 View Post
There were 7 3 and outs in Chicago game that is probably as close as it gets but Tebow led Bronco's led league in them.
You can't put that all on Tebow anymore than you can give him all the credit for them going from 1-4 to the playoffs. Half the time they would run on third and long, and most of the other half of the time Tebow only got to throw once, also on third down. People around here act like Tebow threw two or three times on most of those three and outs, when the truth is he often threw once or not at all.
Old 05-19-2012, 05:47 PM   #79
pricejj
jungle

United In Orange

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonestar View Post
Sorry but not up to speed on Mc lain, are the charges federal or state?
4 misdemeanor counts 45 days each (to be served concurrently). Steinberg appealed requesting a jury trial. I think he's going to jail eventually...but not sure when.
pricejj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 05:51 PM   #80
lonestar
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker

Quote:
Originally Posted by pricejj View Post
4 misdemeanor counts 45 days each (to be served concurrently). Steinberg appealed requesting a jury trial. I think he's going to jail eventually...but not sure when.
Where was he convicted? State or federal?
Old 05-19-2012, 05:52 PM   #81
lonestar
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agamemnon View Post
You can't put that all on Tebow anymore than you can give him all the credit for them going from 1-4 to the playoffs. Half the time they would run on third and long, and most of the other half of the time Tebow only got to throw once, also on third down. People around here act like Tebow threw two or three times on most of those three and outs, when the truth is he often threw once or not at all.
Hard to get into rythm throwing only when you have to.
Old 05-19-2012, 06:19 PM   #82
Shananahan

Quote:
I think he's going to jail eventually...but not sure when.
At his own convenience.
Old 05-19-2012, 06:54 PM   #83
Bmore Manning

Del Rio had a two gap NT scheme in Baltimore and early in JAX..
Baltimore Adams and Goose
JAX Henderson and Stroud

Then he adopted to a pass rushing UT, to adapt to the game evolving.
It was a run first league then, now it's a pass first league.

Price, I 100% agree this team is a NT away from a dominant 3-4 front. They have 4-3 coaches though and can't keep changing but a let's look at what the 3-4 look could be..

3-4
Wolfe DE, Warren DE
Bannan DE, Jackson DE
Siliga NT..... Need a starting NT

Miller OLB, Doom OLB
Hunter OLB, Woodyard and Trevathan Coverage OLBs

DJ ILB, Mays ILB,
Irving ILB, Franklin ILB
Old 05-19-2012, 08:11 PM   #84
Missouribronc
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonestar View Post
Where was he convicted? State or federal?
You don't get federal charges for misdemeanors. Hell, you don't even get federal charges for most felonies.
Missouribronc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 08:14 PM   #85
Missouribronc
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Thus far, the Broncos personnel does not reflect Jacksonville's personnel, defensively, under Del Rio.

I am interested to see how he coaches this team. He hasn't been known for unleashing linebackers on the quarterback, yet that's what he has in Miller. He hasn't been known for penetrating defensive tackles, yet that's what we just drafted.

I'm a little concerned about scheme, because the defense we have doesn't fit into the JDR mold, in terms of what he's coached before.
Missouribronc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 09:50 PM   #86
Cito Pelon
Attack at all times . . .

Not2Shabby County Seat

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Slim Shabby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missouribronc View Post
Thus far, the Broncos personnel does not reflect Jacksonville's personnel, defensively, under Del Rio.

I am interested to see how he coaches this team. He hasn't been known for unleashing linebackers on the quarterback, yet that's what he has in Miller. He hasn't been known for penetrating defensive tackles, yet that's what we just drafted.

I'm a little concerned about scheme, because the defense we have doesn't fit into the JDR mold, in terms of what he's coached before.
JDR must have had some input on the D. They drafted plenty, signed plenty i n FA.
Cito Pelon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 01:31 AM   #87
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmore Manning View Post
Del Rio had a two gap NT scheme in Baltimore and early in JAX..
Baltimore Adams and Goose
JAX Henderson and Stroud

Then he adopted to a pass rushing UT, to adapt to the game evolving.
It was a run first league then, now it's a pass first league.

Price, I 100% agree this team is a NT away from a dominant 3-4 front. They have 4-3 coaches though and can't keep changing but a let's look at what the 3-4 look could be..

3-4
Wolfe DE, Warren DE
Bannan DE, Jackson DE
Siliga NT..... Need a starting NT

Miller OLB, Doom OLB
Hunter OLB, Woodyard and Trevathan Coverage OLBs

DJ ILB, Mays ILB,
Irving ILB, Franklin ILB
The linebacking would stink.

dj-not good enough at shedding blocks or playing in traffic to play inside. Miller stinks at pass coverage. Doom stinks at coverage. Mays same as DJ, just not that physical or big. Inside backers in a 3-4 often take on guards. at DJ taking on guards. He can barely make it at weakside in a 4-3. The DE would work and that is about it. Horrible idea. Switching back to 4-3 the best move they could have made.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 08:27 AM   #88
DENVERDUI55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agamemnon View Post
That's because he can't throw abbd they had better chance for first down running.
Old 05-20-2012, 11:15 AM   #89
Agamemnon

Quote:
Originally Posted by DENVERDUI55 View Post
That's because he can't throw abbd they had better chance for first down running.
Old 05-20-2012, 02:02 PM   #90
KCStud
Ring of Famer

AmeriStanzi!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

JDR has his work cut out for him. With Dawkins gone and DJ Williams missing the first handful of games, it'll be tough.

Broncos struggled against top offenses. Detroit, NE 2X and GB went off on you guys.
KCStud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 02:12 PM   #91
houghtam
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCStud View Post
JDR has his work cut out for him. With Dawkins gone and DJ Williams missing the first handful of games, it'll be tough.

Broncos struggled against top offenses. Detroit, NE 2X and GB went off on you guys.
NURRRRRRRR TEBOW NURRRRRRRRR
houghtam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 02:20 PM   #92
pricejj
jungle

United In Orange

Quote:

You're right...

The Broncos D got rocked pretty much after Dawkins went out...and got rocked against Green Bay (with Orton).

Replacing Dawkins with Adams, and replacing Goodman with Porter isn't going to make a big positive difference. Hopefully Derek Wolfe lights a fire on the D-Line. We need a leader.
pricejj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 02:21 PM   #93
McD more rings than Elway

Quote:
Queefs defense struggled against top offenses (DET-48, NE-34) and mediocre offenses like MIA (31) and NYJ (37).

Queefs also gave up 41 to Buffalo and 28 to a Curtis Painter-led Colts team
Old 05-20-2012, 02:59 PM   #94
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
You're right...

The Broncos D got rocked pretty much after Dawkins went out...and got rocked against Green Bay (with Orton).

Replacing Dawkins with Adams, and replacing Goodman with Porter isn't going to make a big positive difference
. Hopefully Derek Wolfe lights a fire on the D-Line. We need a leader.
Lol wut?
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 03:13 PM   #95
Bmore Manning

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBroncos4life View Post
Lol wut?
Thats what I was thinking.

Price, Porter upgrades Goodman substantially, and it's not even close..
Mike Adams is a good all around Free Safety. One of the unknowns in the NFL, who quietly does his job well. While he's not the leader or hitter Dawkins is, he is good at tackling and good in coverage. I dare say he may be better as a ball hawk than Dawkins.
Old 05-20-2012, 03:15 PM   #96
Bmore Manning

And Dawkins is a SS, so Denver upgraded FS and CB 2... Carter played SS in Dawkins absence so it's not like they downgraded.
Old 05-20-2012, 03:22 PM   #97
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmore Manning View Post
Thats what I was thinking.

Price, Porter upgrades Goodman substantially, and it's not even close..
Mike Adams is a good all around Free Safety. One of the unknowns in the NFL, who quietly does his job well. While he's not the leader or hitter Dawkins is, he is good at tackling and good in coverage. I dare say he may be better as a ball hawk than Dawkins.
We lost Dawkins leadership but the three vets we brought in on the secondary and the fact that Moore ad Carter are no longer rookies should make up for that. Sometimes good old upgrades in talent out way the loss of leadership.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 03:25 PM   #98
Drunken.Broncoholic

I don't want McClain to miss any games. He's terrible and him on the field benefits everyone except the raiders.
Old 05-20-2012, 03:26 PM   #99
Bmore Manning

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBroncos4life View Post
We lost Dawkins leadership but the three vets we brought in on the secondary and the fact that Moore ad Carter are no longer rookies should make up for that. Sometimes good old upgrades in talent out way the loss of leadership.
I agree, that's why I was not sure what Price was getting at.. Adams is a upgrade at FS over Moore and Carter should hopefully improve going into next year.
Old 05-20-2012, 03:30 PM   #100
Shananahan

Quote:
Everybody struggled against those guys. That's why they were top offenses.

Denver is counting on dramatic offensive improvement to take the next step as a team. I think the very worst-case scenario for the defense is they're at least as good as they were last season, which is kinda comforting.