The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-12-2012, 12:00 PM   #226
Shananahan
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

So what is Hamilton huffing/snorting/shooting/smoking/drinking lately?

I'm afraid he's become addicted to home runs.
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 03:27 PM   #227
OrangeSe7en
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncocalijohn View Post
I think there are more than 3 teams. Angels with Weaver and Wilson and Rangers are there too. Without looking it up, doesn't the Rays have two stud pitchers with Price in there?
Wilson is a nice pitcher but he's not on that level.
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 03:37 PM   #228
OrangeSe7en
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheChamp24 View Post
The Rangers didn't just have Nelson Cruz and Hamilton though, Kinsler, Michael Young, Andrus, Beltre, Napoli, they have a VERY strong lineup.Why people think the signing of Fielder for Detroit is bad is due to the fact signing a guy for $20 mil a year with the up and down seasons he has had is kind of odd. If he stays on his current pace this season, you are paying $20 million to hit 25 homeruns, drive in 80 runs and have an OPS of .862.

I really think some team is going to drastically overpay for Josh Hamilton at the end of the year, and when they do, they will regret it because he will not hold up very long.
I agree the Rangers had a strong lineup but you're missing the mark here. It's not like the Rangers were typically beating teams like the Yankees 14-7. They've been winning a lot of 7-4 type of games where that one player had a big impact.
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 07:03 PM   #229
TheChamp24
Future HOF...CHAMP BAILEY
 
TheChamp24's Avatar
 
The Legend

Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Broncos Country
Posts: 5,488
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeSe7en View Post
I agree the Rangers had a strong lineup but you're missing the mark here. It's not like the Rangers were typically beating teams like the Yankees 14-7. They've been winning a lot of 7-4 type of games where that one player had a big impact.
No, I'm not missing the mark. The Rangers have an amazing lineup and due to that, not every star player has to come up big for that team to win. If Hamilton and Cruz fall asleep in a game, they still have Young, Kinsler, Napoli, etc. that could easily win them a game by picking up the slack. VERY few teams have that capability.
TheChamp24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 07:34 PM   #230
OrangeSe7en
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheChamp24 View Post
No, I'm not missing the mark. The Rangers have an amazing lineup and due to that, not every star player has to come up big for that team to win. If Hamilton and Cruz fall asleep in a game, they still have Young, Kinsler, Napoli, etc. that could easily win them a game by picking up the slack. VERY few teams have that capability.
You most definitely are missing the mark. In a couple of instances they've had one of their big guns step up and carry them. Fielder and Cabrera are capable of doing this as well. Just because Texas have a lot of threats up and down their lineup, that doesnt mean they're all producing every game or every series. As I've pointed out more than once now, they've had one of the big guns really step up on a couple of occasions. Still your point lacks relevance because it's not exactly an argument for why they shouldnt sign Fielder. Yeah, he's a lot of money but if he produces at the right time like Cruz or Hamilton have in recent years, he can also have a huge impact on a series. And even if it's Cabrera and not Fielder who has the big series, if it's because Fielder is batting behind him and causing Cabrera to see more pitches, he's still having a presence.
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 12:38 PM   #231
Pendejo
The off-season.
 
Pendejo's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 2,911

Adopt-a-Bronco:
"The Greek"
Default

Ever wonder if you can have a career as a major league short stop without understanding the infield fly rule? Jason Bartlett says, "YES!"
Pendejo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 01:34 PM   #232
Baba Booey
twitter: @dpieza
 
Baba Booey's Avatar
 
HURRY HURRY!

Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: North of the Wall
Posts: 2,041

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris
Default

The Mets bullpen is literally too awful to insult.
Baba Booey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 02:35 PM   #233
Pendejo
The off-season.
 
Pendejo's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 2,911

Adopt-a-Bronco:
"The Greek"
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baba Booey View Post
The Mets bullpen is literally too awful to insult.
Do they at least fail with panache? The Madres aren't evening entertaining whilst kicking the ball all over the field. No Dante Bichette throwing the ball backwards, no Jose Canseco noggin' assisted home runs, not even Steve Lyons obliviously pulling down his pants at first base. Us Madres fans are treated to Yonder Alonso (Yes, THAT Yonder Alonso.) biffing a pony league fly ball...then firing over to 2nd base beating the runner by about thirty steps only to have Bartlett step on that bag and throw his hands up in a "Whoa. Whoa. Whoa" motion...making no attempt at a tag.

Hah! I somehow edited out my edits.

Last edited by Pendejo; 05-13-2012 at 02:45 PM..
Pendejo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 02:44 PM   #234
Baba Booey
twitter: @dpieza
 
Baba Booey's Avatar
 
HURRY HURRY!

Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: North of the Wall
Posts: 2,041

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris
Default

The Mets prefer to massage you to sleep with good starting pitching, only to have the bullpen dig a dagger into your back.

Niese threw six shutout innings today, and the pen let up eight runs in the remaining three innings.
Baba Booey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 06:26 PM   #235
SouthStndJunkie
Ring of Famer
 
SouthStndJunkie's Avatar
 
Shannon Says: Listen to The Junkman

Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 16,152
Default

Justin Verlander broke out his 'A' game for Mother's Day.

7 innings of 2 hit ball 1 ER 1 BB 8 Ks.

Love watching JV pitch every 5th day.

Tigers need to get those bats going....which I expect as the weather gets warmer.

Last edited by SouthStndJunkie; 05-13-2012 at 06:31 PM..
SouthStndJunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 08:08 PM   #236
Rohirrim
Partisan
 
Rohirrim's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Twixt Hell & Highwater
Posts: 54,399

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson
Default

Dodgers sweep the Rox. Sorry, Rox fans.
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 02:34 PM   #237
bombay
Ring of Famer
 
bombay's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: denver
Posts: 5,232
Default

A 2nd juror in the Roger Clemmons trial has been dismissed, for the same reason as the 1st one: he fell asleep during the proceedings. Just like the rest of the country. Clemmons is a douch, but it's time to let this **** go.
bombay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 05:18 PM   #238
SouthStndJunkie
Ring of Famer
 
SouthStndJunkie's Avatar
 
Shannon Says: Listen to The Junkman

Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 16,152
Default

The Tigers better quit playing this sloppy....4 errors in less than 3 innings of baseball so far tonight.
SouthStndJunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 05:33 PM   #239
GreatBronco16
!!!TEAM!!!
 
GreatBronco16's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Bama Baby
Posts: 6,457

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Defense
Default

Go Braves!!!


That is all.
GreatBronco16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 05:35 PM   #240
Gort
Ring of Famer
 
Go Broncos!

Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 6,410
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatBronco16 View Post
Go Braves!!!


That is all.
And Take the Falcons with You!!!

an old bumper sticker from the 70's/80's

That is all.

Gort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 05:37 PM   #241
GreatBronco16
!!!TEAM!!!
 
GreatBronco16's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Bama Baby
Posts: 6,457

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Defense
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhoIsJohnGalt View Post
And Take the Falcons with You!!!

an old bumper sticker from the 70's/80's

That is all.

Back during the 80s I probably would have agreed with it.
GreatBronco16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 09:30 PM   #242
SouthStndJunkie
Ring of Famer
 
SouthStndJunkie's Avatar
 
Shannon Says: Listen to The Junkman

Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 16,152
Default

Jamie Moyer pitched a nice game for the Rockies tonight for his 269th career victory.

Dude turns 50 in November....he stays healthy and he will be pitching next year.
SouthStndJunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 01:21 AM   #243
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings
 
broncocalijohn's Avatar
 
I said Do It!

Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Lake Forest, Orange County, Calif.
Posts: 21,991

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthStndJunkie View Post
Jamie Moyer pitched a nice game for the Rockies tonight for his 269th career victory.

Dude turns 50 in November....he stays healthy and he will be pitching next year.
I think he just wants to be alive by next year. If he was a football player, he would already be dead.
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 08:51 AM   #244
SouthStndJunkie
Ring of Famer
 
SouthStndJunkie's Avatar
 
Shannon Says: Listen to The Junkman

Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 16,152
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncocalijohn View Post
I think he just wants to be alive by next year. If he was a football player, he would already be dead.
I was in the 8th grade when Jamie Moyer started pitching in the majors....and now I'm 40 years old and he's still slinging it.

Last edited by SouthStndJunkie; 05-17-2012 at 08:55 AM..
SouthStndJunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 01:04 PM   #245
TonyR
Franchise Poster
 
TonyR's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Mid-Atlantic
Posts: 18,787
Default

Just noticed that every team in the AL East has a positive run differential and only Boston is below .500, while every team in the AL Central has a negative run differential and only Cleveland is above .500.
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 02:52 PM   #246
houghtam
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 6,396
Default

Situation for you baseball rules junkies:

Men on 1st and 3rd, one out. Ball is hit in the air to RF and dropped. Hitter is safe at 1st, RF throws out runner on 1st at 2nd, runner on 3rd scores.

How do you score it?
houghtam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 03:04 PM   #247
Rohirrim
Partisan
 
Rohirrim's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Twixt Hell & Highwater
Posts: 54,399

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by houghtam View Post
Situation for you baseball rules junkies:

Men on 1st and 3rd, one out. Ball is hit in the air to RF and dropped. Hitter is safe at 1st, RF throws out runner on 1st at 2nd, runner on 3rd scores.

How do you score it?
Run on an error, methinks.
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 11:28 PM   #248
houghtam
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 6,396
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohirrim View Post
Run on an error, methinks.
My brother is a college umpire, and I asked him but haven't heard back from him. I would score it E9, FC 9-6, RBI. Incidentally when it happened to me today in MLB 12 The Show, that is also how the computer scored it. Amazing how realistic games are these days.

Also another reason I love baseball. Every play can be neatly categorized into a relatively small sequence of letters and numbers, and you can take one look at them and envision the play in your head.
houghtam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 09:51 AM   #249
Gort
Ring of Famer
 
Go Broncos!

Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 6,410
Default

St. Louis Cardinals attire at AT&T Park yesterday. i guess being defending champs is sorta fun, huh?





more pics at link.

http://withleather.uproxx.com/2012/0...-fashion-sense
Gort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 04:15 PM   #250
TheChamp24
Future HOF...CHAMP BAILEY
 
TheChamp24's Avatar
 
The Legend

Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Broncos Country
Posts: 5,488
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by houghtam View Post
My brother is a college umpire, and I asked him but haven't heard back from him. I would score it E9, FC 9-6, RBI. Incidentally when it happened to me today in MLB 12 The Show, that is also how the computer scored it. Amazing how realistic games are these days.

Also another reason I love baseball. Every play can be neatly categorized into a relatively small sequence of letters and numbers, and you can take one look at them and envision the play in your head.
The situation is more of how the official scorer wants to score it. You can just rule it a FC, RBI situation depending on how the OF dropped the ball.

Also, giving the hitter the RBI is iffy IMO, because you can't guarantee the run would score if the fielder caught the ball.
I'd say E9 allowing the run to score, and E9 for getting the guy on first, however the runner that was on first is out on the regular 9-6.
TheChamp24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:16 PM.


Denver Broncos