The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-06-2012, 06:51 PM   #201
Gort
Ring of Famer
 
Go Broncos!

Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 6,410
Default

also of note, Baltimore's winning pitcher on Sunday was Chris Davis. Chris Davis plays 1B/DH, but the O's used up their pitching staff and Davis took the mound and pitched 2 scoreless innings to get the win and complete the sweep of the Boston Pink Sox. he had been 0 for 8 batting as the DH in the game up until that point.


Last edited by Gort; 05-07-2012 at 06:54 AM..
Gort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 11:07 PM   #202
SouthStndJunkie
Ring of Famer
 
SouthStndJunkie's Avatar
 
Shannon Says: Listen to The Junkman

Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 16,193
Default

Good for Baltimore....I hope they do well this year.

I'm a Tigers fan, but I really liked 2 other players when I was growing up:

George Brett and Cal Ripken Jr.

I've got a soft spot for Baltimore and want to see them do well again.

I've seen a handful of games at Camden Yards and love that ballpark.

I could go for some Boog's BBQ right now.
SouthStndJunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 09:37 PM   #203
SouthStndJunkie
Ring of Famer
 
SouthStndJunkie's Avatar
 
Shannon Says: Listen to The Junkman

Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 16,193
Default

Doug Fister pitched 7 innings of masterful baseball in his return from the disabled list....only to see Octavio Dotel **** the game away with an awful pitching performance in the 9th inning against Seattle.
SouthStndJunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 09:40 PM   #204
Requiem
~~~
 
Requiem's Avatar
 
~ ~ ~

Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Earth Division
Posts: 23,325

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara
Default

GO Mariners!!!!!
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 12:05 AM   #205
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings
 
broncocalijohn's Avatar
 
I said Do It!

Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Lake Forest, Orange County, Calif.
Posts: 22,061

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem View Post
GO Mariners!!!!!
They would do better if they still had Doug Fister. BTW, what a horrible last name unless you are Blart.

Angels make it 3 in a row and 6 out of 8. With how bad they have started, they are only 3 games off of what they did in the first 30 games. Problem is that Rangers are on fire. Angels next stop after Minnesota is in Texas so time to take that series. Oh, Weaver wins another one.
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 07:19 AM   #206
SouthStndJunkie
Ring of Famer
 
SouthStndJunkie's Avatar
 
Shannon Says: Listen to The Junkman

Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 16,193
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncocalijohn View Post
They would do better if they still had Doug Fister. BTW, what a horrible last name unless you are Blart.

Angels make it 3 in a row and 6 out of 8. With how bad they have started, they are only 3 games off of what they did in the first 30 games. Problem is that Rangers are on fire. Angels next stop after Minnesota is in Texas so time to take that series. Oh, Weaver wins another one.
When the Tigers traded for him last year, I googled him to read up on him and googled: "Dog Fister" instead of "Doug Fister"....so he is the Dog Fister to me.

That said, he is a damn good pitcher....very efficient.

The guy reminds me of Greg Maddux on the mound, as he has awesome control and location and knows the art of pitching instead of simply throwing.
SouthStndJunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 08:57 AM   #207
Requiem
~~~
 
Requiem's Avatar
 
~ ~ ~

Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Earth Division
Posts: 23,325

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncocalijohn View Post
They would do better if they still had Doug Fister. BTW, what a horrible last name unless you are Blart.

Angels make it 3 in a row and 6 out of 8. With how bad they have started, they are only 3 games off of what they did in the first 30 games. Problem is that Rangers are on fire. Angels next stop after Minnesota is in Texas so time to take that series. Oh, Weaver wins another one.
The Mariners aren't devoid of arms. They just need bats. Some people are starting to come around. We are stacked for years for MLB pitching. Hardly any other team comes close.
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 09:05 AM   #208
Rohirrim
Partisan
 
Rohirrim's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Twixt Hell & Highwater
Posts: 54,492

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson
Default

Nice to see the Dodgers slap the Giants around, 9 - 1.
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 10:55 AM   #209
Gort
Ring of Famer
 
Go Broncos!

Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 6,410
Default

Buck Showalter has cooties.

Gort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 10:07 PM   #210
SouthStndJunkie
Ring of Famer
 
SouthStndJunkie's Avatar
 
Shannon Says: Listen to The Junkman

Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 16,193
Default

Josh Hamilton went 5-5 with 4 HRs and 8 RBIs in tonight's game.

Batting .406 on the year with 14 HRs and 36 RBIs.
SouthStndJunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 10:43 PM   #211
SouthStndJunkie
Ring of Famer
 
SouthStndJunkie's Avatar
 
Shannon Says: Listen to The Junkman

Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 16,193
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majik View Post
Prince Fielder......Milwaukee is really missing your 3 HR, 12 RBI and .281 BA.
Prince has got that up to 5 HRs 15 RBIs and a .318 BA.

I think he'll be fine.

Detroit beats Seattle 6-4, but almost blow another 9th inning lead.

Justin Verlander gets a well deserved victory....he's pitched better than his 3-1 record indicates. He wasn't the sharpest tonight, but battled it out and got the win.
SouthStndJunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 06:04 AM   #212
TheChamp24
Future HOF...CHAMP BAILEY
 
TheChamp24's Avatar
 
The Legend

Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Broncos Country
Posts: 5,494
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthStndJunkie View Post
Prince has got that up to 5 HRs 15 RBIs and a .318 BA.

I think he'll be fine.

Detroit beats Seattle 6-4, but almost blow another 9th inning lead.

Justin Verlander gets a well deserved victory....he's pitched better than his 3-1 record indicates. He wasn't the sharpest tonight, but battled it out and got the win.
I think Prince's numbers will dip, and be more in line to his 2010 season. 25-30 homeruns, 90 RBI's, hovering around .300. A solid season and all, but the Tigers are paying this man $20+ mil a season to have an outstanding season. Honestly, Prince seems to be a little inconsistent with his seasons, and I don't think warranted such a phat contract.
TheChamp24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 06:28 AM   #213
TonyR
Franchise Poster
 
TonyR's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Mid-Atlantic
Posts: 18,845
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheChamp24 View Post
I think Prince's numbers will dip, and be more in line to his 2010 season. 25-30 homeruns, 90 RBI's, hovering around .300. A solid season and all, but the Tigers are paying this man $20+ mil a season to have an outstanding season. Honestly, Prince seems to be a little inconsistent with his seasons, and I don't think warranted such a phat contract.
Everyone was so ready to crown Detroit when they acquired Fielder. Nice acquistion, very good team. But Fielder, and players like him, really aren't the key. It's more about pitching, and for Detroit it's whether or not they have enough after Verlander to contend deep into October. And the jury is still decidedly out on that question.
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 12:05 PM   #214
TheChamp24
Future HOF...CHAMP BAILEY
 
TheChamp24's Avatar
 
The Legend

Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Broncos Country
Posts: 5,494
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyR View Post
Everyone was so ready to crown Detroit when they acquired Fielder. Nice acquistion, very good team. But Fielder, and players like him, really aren't the key. It's more about pitching, and for Detroit it's whether or not they have enough after Verlander to contend deep into October. And the jury is still decidedly out on that question.
Yeah, I question Detroit's pitching too.
Verlander is an Ace, but they have questions. Scherzer is pitching like crap, Porcello below average, Smyly is a nice surprise, but will that last? Fister is a solid pitcher actually, not overly great, but a decent arm.
The bullpen though, Valverde has been terrible out there. I wonder if he's in danger of losing his job.
TheChamp24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 05:09 PM   #215
OrangeSe7en
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyR View Post
Everyone was so ready to crown Detroit when they acquired Fielder. Nice acquistion, very good team. But Fielder, and players like him, really aren't the key. It's more about pitching, and for Detroit it's whether or not they have enough after Verlander to contend deep into October. And the jury is still decidedly out on that question.
That's not really true. Not absolutely, anyway. The past couple of years, on their way to the WS, the Rangers typically had the best offensive player in each series and having that was a big reason for why they won. Adding Fielder to go with Cabrera, increases their chances of having someone like Hamilton or Nelson Cruz make a huge impact on the series.
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 05:14 PM   #216
OrangeSe7en
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheChamp24 View Post
Yeah, I question Detroit's pitching too.
Verlander is an Ace, but they have questions. Scherzer is pitching like crap, Porcello below average, Smyly is a nice surprise, but will that last? Fister is a solid pitcher actually, not overly great, but a decent arm.
The bullpen though, Valverde has been terrible out there. I wonder if he's in danger of losing his job.
Unless I'm missing someone, I can't think of an AL team that have two Aces. It seems the only teams with two are in the NL.

SF (Lincecum/Cain)
Phi (Halladay/Lee)
LA (Kershaw, Billingsley?)

BTW, Jacob Turner could turn things around. He's supposed to be super talented. By the time the playoffs roll around, he might have hit his stride.
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 06:59 PM   #217
TheChamp24
Future HOF...CHAMP BAILEY
 
TheChamp24's Avatar
 
The Legend

Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Broncos Country
Posts: 5,494
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeSe7en View Post
Unless I'm missing someone, I can't think of an AL team that have two Aces. It seems the only teams with two are in the NL.

SF (Lincecum/Cain)
Phi (Halladay/Lee)
LA (Kershaw, Billingsley?)

BTW, Jacob Turner could turn things around. He's supposed to be super talented. By the time the playoffs roll around, he might have hit his stride.
Maybe you missed my point in that beyond Verlander, there are question marks surrounding the entire rotation.
Will Scherzer regain his form?
Will Porcello pitch better?
Is Smyly for realz?
Is Fister healthy?
What do they do with Valverde? Who closes?
TheChamp24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 07:06 PM   #218
TonyR
Franchise Poster
 
TonyR's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Mid-Atlantic
Posts: 18,845
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeSe7en View Post
Adding Fielder to go with Cabrera, increases their chances of having someone like Hamilton or Nelson Cruz make a huge impact on the series.
Hey I'm not writing the Tigers off. They're a good team and will be in the mix. They were the popular pick to win the AL this year but I think their pitching is going to really have to show something in order for that to happen.
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 05:56 AM   #219
TheChamp24
Future HOF...CHAMP BAILEY
 
TheChamp24's Avatar
 
The Legend

Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Broncos Country
Posts: 5,494
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeSe7en View Post
That's not really true. Not absolutely, anyway. The past couple of years, on their way to the WS, the Rangers typically had the best offensive player in each series and having that was a big reason for why they won. Adding Fielder to go with Cabrera, increases their chances of having someone like Hamilton or Nelson Cruz make a huge impact on the series.
The Rangers didn't just have Nelson Cruz and Hamilton though, Kinsler, Michael Young, Andrus, Beltre, Napoli, they have a VERY strong lineup.
Why people think the signing of Fielder for Detroit is bad is due to the fact signing a guy for $20 mil a year with the up and down seasons he has had is kind of odd. If he stays on his current pace this season, you are paying $20 million to hit 25 homeruns, drive in 80 runs and have an OPS of .862.

I really think some team is going to drastically overpay for Josh Hamilton at the end of the year, and when they do, they will regret it because he will not hold up very long.
TheChamp24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 09:38 AM   #220
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings
 
broncocalijohn's Avatar
 
I said Do It!

Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Lake Forest, Orange County, Calif.
Posts: 22,061

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeSe7en View Post
Unless I'm missing someone, I can't think of an AL team that have two Aces. It seems the only teams with two are in the NL.

SF (Lincecum/Cain)
Phi (Halladay/Lee)
LA (Kershaw, Billingsley?)

BTW, Jacob Turner could turn things around. He's supposed to be super talented. By the time the playoffs roll around, he might have hit his stride.
I think there are more than 3 teams. Angels with Weaver and Wilson and Rangers are there too. Without looking it up, doesn't the Rays have two stud pitchers with Price in there?
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 11:44 AM   #221
Rohirrim
Partisan
 
Rohirrim's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Twixt Hell & Highwater
Posts: 54,492

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson
Default

Dodgers start a series in Chavez Ravine with the Rox tonight. Chris Capuano (ERA for 6 games, 2.21) against Jamie Moyer ERA for 6 games, 4.01).
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 03:50 PM   #222
bombay
Ring of Famer
 
bombay's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: denver
Posts: 5,259
Default

A. Pujols@AnaheimAlbert
"and in the 12th year, God said, let him have warning track power"
bombay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 07:16 PM   #223
TonyR
Franchise Poster
 
TonyR's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Mid-Atlantic
Posts: 18,845
Default

Big C.C. was nasty tonight. Yanks take 2 of 3 from a very good Rays team.
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 08:30 AM   #224
Gort
Ring of Famer
 
Go Broncos!

Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 6,410
Default

interesting read....but it leads me to believe that MLB has too many selfish players these days. it's more about padding their HR stats than winning games to some of these guys.

http://espn.go.com/mlb/story/_/page/...ark-dimensions

my advice these these players,

1) you can still hit your HRs on the road.
2) learn to hit doubles if the fences are too far back.
3) you don't need HRs to win.
4) the fact that you're not hitting HRs also means that the opponent isn't either.
5) shut up. you're get paid mountains of money to play a game that you and i both know you would play for free.
Gort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 11:46 AM   #225
Pendejo
The off-season.
 
Pendejo's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 2,911

Adopt-a-Bronco:
"The Greek"
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhoIsJohnGalt View Post
interesting read....but it leads me to believe that MLB has too many selfish players these days. it's more about padding their HR stats than winning games to some of these guys.

http://espn.go.com/mlb/story/_/page/...ark-dimensions

my advice these these players,

1) you can still hit your HRs on the road.
2) learn to hit doubles if the fences are too far back.
3) you don't need HRs to win.
4) the fact that you're not hitting HRs also means that the opponent isn't either.
5) shut up. you're get paid mountains of money to play a game that you and i both know you would play for free.
I knew a report about Chase Headley fighting ANYTHING would be false.

http://espn.go.com/mlb/story/_/id/79...ark-dimensions

I think the problems with PetCo get way overblown simply because the Madres suck so bad. I personally feel that PetCo plays pretty fair. The big boys don't have problems hitting them out with regularity there. Admittedly the right handers have an advantage, but Dunn, Fielder, and Bonds...etc have or had no problems there. It's the gimps that complain a la Phil Nevin.

I'm with Adams on this one. Shut the **** up and score some runs. Hit line drives to start.
Pendejo is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:09 PM.


Denver Broncos