The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 04-30-2012, 12:23 PM   #101
mwill07
Ring of Famer

Lurker Extraordinaire

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VMFM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pr_capone View Post
5. KC D-Line > Denver O-Line

Your O-Line is a sive. Hali is gonna be the one that severs Manning's spinal cord, and your season. Clady doesn't stand a chance unless he keeps ripping at Hali's mask or essentially choking him as he passes by.
Hali is a good player. Vs Denver last year, he had 4 tackles in each game, zero sacks. Not sure how you expect him to improve on that, when Manning can get the ball out on schedule.

Frankly, I don't even know who else on your D line is worth talking about. Dorsey? 4 career sacks. Tyson Jackson? 2 career sacks. Kelly Gregg? A 10 year career, 20 career sacks. Am I missing anyone?

What you should be worried about is Von Miller on one side and Elvis Dumervil on the other.
mwill07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 12:28 PM   #102
Rolandftw

Quote:
Baldwin was busted up at the beginning of the season and didn't get into a groove immediately. That kid is nails. It may be rose colored glasses but he is gonna be a very good WR. As for Bowe. I hope he signs. If he does, awesome. If he doesn't... I'm not completely opposed to him being traded to another team and then chuck money at Wallace.
Fair enough. Kid could turn out to be a very good WR. Just right now, especially with nfl.com reporting Bowe is expected to hold out unless he gets a longterm deal, hard to say KC has superior WR's.

For Denver, Thomas put up 745 receiving yards in his last 7 games (also had injury problems at the beginning of the season). Decker, will put up numbers at least matching what he did his first 4 games (avg per game), with Manning. It's not that big of a stretch that Denver will have two 1,000 yard receivers next season.

Chiefs just need to pay up on Bowe. Him holding out through training camp, preseason games, and the first six weeks of the regular season is likely a wasted year for him. Wallace would end up costing the Chiefs more money most likely, plus their first rounder next year. Can't imagine they would ever do that. Just not Pioli's mo. He'll get bargains in free agency, but will not overpay.

Chiefs can't go into next season with Breaston and Baldwin as their best two WR's.. combined with Cassel, that is a death sentence for their offense.
Old 04-30-2012, 12:45 PM   #103
Mogulseeker
Formerly mightysmurf

https://soundcloud.com/mogulseeker

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Lamin Barrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronco Rob View Post
Embrace Your History Chef Fan

Going back to 1976, the Denver Broncos have had an equal number of Superbowl appearances as losing seasons (6). Over that same time span, The Kansas City Chiefs has had more losing seasons (18) than playoff appearances (11).

Since the Kansas City Chiefs last playoff win, every single AFC West team other than Kansas City has been to at least one Super Bowl, one of which won it twice.

The Chiefs haven't won a playoff game since the 1993 season, and set the NFL record for playoff losses in a row with seven.

PS: The Chefs have won three playoff games in 42 seasons.

Hope that helps.

The funny thing is, that includes the former AFCW team, the Seattle Seahawks.
Mogulseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 12:45 PM   #104
Mogulseeker
Formerly mightysmurf

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Lamin Barrow

Also, I think this thread is dead. Stop feeding the troll...
Old 04-30-2012, 12:47 PM   #105
Mogulseeker
Formerly mightysmurf

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Lamin Barrow

I'll get the food jacking started.

I'm still looking for a place in Denver that has good Carpaccio di Manzo

Last edited by Mogulseeker; 04-30-2012 at 12:51 PM..
Old 04-30-2012, 12:49 PM   #106
Mogulseeker
Formerly mightysmurf

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Lamin Barrow

If you guys are in Denver, you have to try the mushroom-parmesan truffle fries at the Churchill Bar in the Brown Palace Hotel

Old 04-30-2012, 12:59 PM   #107
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Gene helping John figure out FA

Adopt-a-Bronco:
They'r all bums

Quote:
1. Mark Kasl > Peyton Manning.

Yes, I lead off with this and no I am currently not smoking drugs (at the moment). The main reason that I post this is because Peyton Manning is 1 big hit away from becoming Stephen Hawking or Christopher Reeves (pre-death). After him on the depth chart you have Hanie... a UFA from the passing powerhouse known as Colorado State.

Perhaps after that Manning broke dick snaps his neck again, we can pick off Hanie 3 like we did last season while he was filling in for Cutler. In the end, if Kasl goes down it only makes this team better. WAY more upside.

2. Romeo Crennel > John Fox

Crennel has 5 Super Bowl Rings. John Fox has none.

3. KC's WR >>> the pile of arena football rejects that make up the Denver WR corps

Bowe, Baldwin, Breaston, and a healthy Moeaki make a receiving core that Denver could only wish for. Only 1 guy on your squad (stokely) has caught for more than 1k yards in a season and he is old as hell now. In fact, none of your other receivers have had over 1,200 yards receiving for their entire career... including guys who have been in the league for over 5 years.

Anyone remember this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CSjhZWXhdjw

4. KC DBs > Denver DBs

Even with Brandon Carr gone off to Dallas, KCs backfield will be demolishing opposing QBs. I'm calling it right now, KC has a 3 pick game against Denver in one of their two match ups.

Champ Bailey hits a wall this year. Tracey Porter is an above average CB but he is all alone in the backfield.

Your O-Line is a sive. Hali is gonna be the one that severs Manning's spinal cord, and your season. Clady doesn't stand a chance unless he keeps ripping at Hali's mask or essentially choking him as he passes by.

----

In the end, KC will have a better record. Manning's career will be over and there is no Timmy Christ to bring some of his holy magic and breathe life back into your franchise.

One more time for good measure. Manning will either not finish the season or will miss a large amount of games. Horseface will become the best option at QB as soon as it happens too.

**** the Broncos.

Betcha I get a bunch of replies calling me a homo or something but nothing refuting anything I posted.
I have often wondered how they fill Analhead. After all anyone with any common sense would notice that KFC hasn't been to the SB in 42 years and would find a real team to root for.

I can sympathize with why KFC fans bail and race out of Analhead by the 3rd quarter especially when they hang their hopes on Cassell.

1) A 50% PM is > Cassell - I wonder if by week 6 KFC is looking to trade for Orton again.

2) Crennell rode Belly's back for his SB rings. Fox got there with Delhome as as QB, had he had an avg QB Crennel would only have 4 of Belly's rings. Crennell was terrible in Cleveland, only 1 winning season during his HC tenure.

3) I would agree with you here but for all the drops that KFC WR's are responsible for week in and week out. When the game is on the line Denver's WR's can be counted on unlike KFC's.

4) Champ Bailey > than the entire KFC secondary.

5) Outside of Hali all KFC has are draft busts who get the "but they are run stuffers" excuse from KFC fans to cover up the facts they are busts.

Your writing style indicates that you are lucky to be 14 years old.
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 01:31 PM   #108
Agamemnon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolandftw View Post
Chiefs can't go into next season with Breaston and Baldwin as their best two WR's.. combined with Cassel, that is a death sentence for their offense.
How do you sentence something to death that is already dead?
Old 04-30-2012, 07:38 PM   #109
pr_capone
Just Drafted

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

To be perfectly blunt, I honestly could not possibly give two ****s about the Broncos or this board. I am playing a game on Chiefsplanet and it was decided that the first one of us to get a thread with 100 replies won the game.

I posted something somewhat salacious to get you all to post and win me the game. I didn't win because you all suck a big fat donkey cock.

1. Manning is LIGHT YEARS better than Mark Kasl. Hell, Manning's disembodied head floating in a jar of formaldehyde is better than Kasl. In fact, I pretty sure that if Kasl went up against every other QB in the league... he would definitely be in the top 28.

2. As for Romeo. I honestly think he will do great in KC but I don't know enough about Fox to make any sort of comment on the guy other than his running the Panthers into the ground.

3. While I understand that Bowe has not signed his tender, I have very little doubt that we resign him. *IF* we don't, I would be three shades of pissed if we went into the season with Baldwin and Breaston as 1 & 2. If Bowe walks... Wallace better be on the first plane to KCMO.

4. KC DB's are IMHO unquestionably better than yours (if Berry is back at full strength). Call Flowers and Bailey a wash and everything else stacks up in KC's favor.

5. Our D-Line is iffy but if Poe shows up then it is a completely different story. I cannot wait for Tyson Jackson to pack up his **** and get out of town.
pr_capone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 08:48 PM   #110
Rolandftw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agamemnon View Post
How do you sentence something to death that is already dead?
With Bowe they can at least be average. Without him, they're going to be terrible.
Old 04-30-2012, 09:12 PM   #111
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

DT is going to emerge as a top 5 WR stats wise this yr. Decker will probably be top 15. Load up on Denver WR in fantasy football.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 09:13 PM   #112
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

Poe will have to be a lot more productive then he was in college. I see him being more of an impact next yr, if he becomes a good player at all. I could see him being a huge bust.
Old 04-30-2012, 09:18 PM   #113
Punisher
Punisher Vs Judge Dredd

Who ya Got?

Adopt-a-Bronco:
i4jelway7

Quote:
1. Mark Kasl > Peyton Manning.

Yes, I lead off with this and no I am currently not smoking drugs (at the moment). The main reason that I post this is because Peyton Manning is 1 big hit away from becoming Stephen Hawking or Christopher Reeves (pre-death). After him on the depth chart you have Hanie... a UFA from the passing powerhouse known as Colorado State.

Perhaps after that Manning broke dick snaps his neck again, we can pick off Hanie 3 like we did last season while he was filling in for Cutler. In the end, if Kasl goes down it only makes this team better. WAY more upside.

2. Romeo Crennel > John Fox

Crennel has 5 Super Bowl Rings. John Fox has none.

3. KC's WR >>> the pile of arena football rejects that make up the Denver WR corps

Bowe, Baldwin, Breaston, and a healthy Moeaki make a receiving core that Denver could only wish for. Only 1 guy on your squad (stokely) has caught for more than 1k yards in a season and he is old as hell now. In fact, none of your other receivers have had over 1,200 yards receiving for their entire career... including guys who have been in the league for over 5 years.

Anyone remember this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CSjhZWXhdjw

4. KC DBs > Denver DBs

Even with Brandon Carr gone off to Dallas, KCs backfield will be demolishing opposing QBs. I'm calling it right now, KC has a 3 pick game against Denver in one of their two match ups.

Champ Bailey hits a wall this year. Tracey Porter is an above average CB but he is all alone in the backfield.

----

In the end, KC will have a better record. Manning's career will be over and there is no Timmy Christ to bring some of his holy magic and breathe life back into your franchise.

One more time for good measure. Manning will either not finish the season or will miss a large amount of games. Horseface will become the best option at QB as soon as it happens too.

**** the Broncos.

Betcha I get a bunch of replies calling me a homo or something but nothing refuting anything I posted.
Punisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 09:22 PM   #114
Tim

poe at 11 was a bigger reach than DHB at 7 in 09' for the faid... He averaged like 3 tackles per game in the conference USA
Old 04-30-2012, 09:35 PM   #115
canadianbroncosfan

Hey guys, the Chuggers and Chefs fans are right.

If every single one of our new signings and starters get injured, then watch out! Pretty much playing our 2nd string team is the only way either of those idiots are going to beat you.

Didn't we win the division last year with a "running back" at QB, yet we do a massive over haul at that position and somehow these goombas think they're even better than us.

Oh I forgot though fellas, KC continued it's tradition of taking our rejects. A fresh new back up QB, who didn't even beat out the aforementioned "Running Back" at his own position. And an actual running back who had one of the worst seasons of his career, but hey we're the ones living in the past.

Call Flowers and Bailey a wash? GTFO on what ****ing planet is that a wash? I know what you're going to say, "look at the stats" from last year. That's only because opposing QBs have learned not to even try and throw in Champ's vicinity.

And onto the Chuggers, where the **** are you coming from, picking up better FAs than anyone else in the division? You lost your best receiver and replaced him with two guys that had more than 300 yards and two TDs less than him, and that was combined. You idiots may also GTFO.
Old 04-30-2012, 11:03 PM   #116
pr_capone
Just Drafted

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadianbroncosfan View Post
Hey guys, the Chuggers and Chefs fans are right.

If every single one of our new signings and starters get injured, then watch out! Pretty much playing our 2nd string team is the only way either of those idiots are going to beat you.

Didn't we win the division last year with a "running back" at QB, yet we do a massive over haul at that position and somehow these goombas think they're even better than us.

Oh I forgot though fellas, KC continued it's tradition of taking our rejects. A fresh new back up QB, who didn't even beat out the aforementioned "Running Back" at his own position. And an actual running back who had one of the worst seasons of his career, but hey we're the ones living in the past.

Call Flowers and Bailey a wash? GTFO on what ****ing planet is that a wash? I know what you're going to say, "look at the stats" from last year. That's only because opposing QBs have learned not to even try and throw in Champ's vicinity.

And onto the Chuggers, where the **** are you coming from, picking up better FAs than anyone else in the division? You lost your best receiver and replaced him with two guys that had more than 300 yards and two TDs less than him, and that was combined. You idiots may also GTFO.
I thoughts Canadians were supposed to be nice people.
pr_capone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 11:28 PM   #117
Rother8
Seasoned Veteran

Mhmugggggeeeee

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

You saying the Broncos receivers suck because they haven't put up a certain number through their young careers yet is like me telling you that Cassell sucks because he hasn't won a superbowl, been league MVP, etc etc etc etc etc etc.

Decker and DT, both have had their share of injuries. DT missed basically a whole year and from what we saw last year, he'll have no problem hitting your elusive magic stat of 1000 yards of receiving in a year, which clearly holds up it's weight of being the only way of determining whether a receiver is good or not..

Bottom line: Analyzing football players based on season long statistics for players with injury concerns doesn't make sense. Having Peyton Manning instead of Matt Cassell, there's a good start.
Rother8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 12:12 AM   #118
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

I agree though that the talent level in the afc west is pretty even. All the teams have some questions, most of the teams have some good players. Darren mcFadden probably the best in the division when he is healthy. Charles was a big play guy before he went down. Broncos have Manning, Chargers still have Rivers who is a good QB and guys to throw the ball to.

No way Broncos with their schedule run away with anything. Just my opinion. Still i think Broncos got a lot better. I think Chiefs and Raiders are saddled with the lessor QBS. Its a QB driven league so I think at the end it will be Chargers and Broncos battling for the division. I think Cassel not much better, if any the Orton, so Chiefs will have to have 0 injuries to the skill players on offense and the oline will have to play lights out.
Old 05-01-2012, 12:14 AM   #119
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rother8 View Post
You saying the Broncos receivers suck because they haven't put up a certain number through their young careers yet is like me telling you that Cassell sucks because he hasn't won a superbowl, been league MVP, etc etc etc etc etc etc.

Decker and DT, both have had their share of injuries. DT missed basically a whole year and from what we saw last year, he'll have no problem hitting your elusive magic stat of 1000 yards of receiving in a year, which clearly holds up it's weight of being the only way of determining whether a receiver is good or not..

Bottom line: Analyzing football players based on season long statistics for players with injury concerns doesn't make sense. Having Peyton Manning instead of Matt Cassell, there's a good start.
Broncos WR do have a lot to prove. I don't really see the Broncos being an elite team yet because of questions like these. The interior oline, the young WR, some holes on defense still, DJ suspended all could be tough to overcome early in the season. Throw in having to learn a new system and I could see it taking the Broncos 1 yr to really put the hammer down.
Old 05-01-2012, 01:16 AM   #120
ZONA
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckinKaeding View Post
Oh yeah, I forgot you guys do what Raiders fans do when trying to determine who the best team is, go with past success.

Chargers > Rest of division this year

Good luck.
Ok, so we'll just go back to last year

ZONA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 01:21 AM   #121
ZONA
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

Quote:
To be perfectly blunt, I honestly could not possibly give two ****s about the Broncos or this board. I am playing a game on Chiefsplanet and it was decided that the first one of us to get a thread with 100 replies won the game.

I can understand that. If my team hadn't won a playoff game in 17 years, guess I might play stupid forum games also.

Seriously, try and digest that man. Almost 20 frickin years and no playoff win. Unreal.

Last edited by ZONA; 05-01-2012 at 01:24 AM..
ZONA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 01:29 AM   #122
Archer81
Optimum Homo

Tactical Neck.

Quote:

I posted something somewhat salacious to get you all to post and win me the game. I didn't win because you all suck a big fat donkey cock.

1. Manning is LIGHT YEARS better than Mark Kasl. Hell, Manning's disembodied head floating in a jar of formaldehyde is better than Kasl. In fact, I pretty sure that if Kasl went up against every other QB in the league... he would definitely be in the top 28.

2. As for Romeo. I honestly think he will do great in KC but I don't know enough about Fox to make any sort of comment on the guy other than his running the Panthers into the ground.

3. While I understand that Bowe has not signed his tender, I have very little doubt that we resign him. *IF* we don't, I would be three shades of pissed if we went into the season with Baldwin and Breaston as 1 & 2. If Bowe walks... Wallace better be on the first plane to KCMO.

4. KC DB's are IMHO unquestionably better than yours (if Berry is back at full strength). Call Flowers and Bailey a wash and everything else stacks up in KC's favor.

5. Our D-Line is iffy but if Poe shows up then it is a completely different story. I cannot wait for Tyson Jackson to pack up his **** and get out of town.

With this post in general and the bolded in particular, I can see why you are a KC fan.

Poor guy.

Archer81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 02:50 AM   #123
canadianbroncosfan

Quote:
I thoughts Canadians were supposed to be nice people.
Well you thought"s" wrong
Old 05-01-2012, 03:48 AM   #124
Broncos_OTM
Dropping bombs from 5280

Broncos Over All

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

looks as though i was right. trolls troll.

I have to agree with cutthem.

I think Poe is par the course for kc. it seems they always look for the projects in the do and have failed miserably. I hope you guys don't expect pie to play NT. he's a five tech and with Dorsey, Jackson, he's gonna have to rotate through, not to mention the pick you had from Miami last years whose name slips my mind. I liked him. berry is a question this year maybe he regains form but him and your RB. but to say they will be at the peak if their game this year I doubt it. good players well have to see how they recover.

Oakland man Palmer is gone done hill and doesn't look like the guy he used to be lets give him a off season though McFadden is a great RB although he's glass. crisen could be a hell of a player at wide out and I think was great value however injury history needs to be overcome. I think Oakland's d will be better but their o will suffer a bit. what's the deal on McClain.

San Diego potentially had a good draft. liked Ingram and some of the other picks.

for the first time in a long time I see the division wide open. I know Denver got no favors with our schedule though.. should be a exciting season. I think peyton gives us a good chance to be respectable. ...
Broncos_OTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 05:19 AM   #125
chrisp
Friend of the unsung

Not into the football......yet

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Danny Trevathan

Quote:

Although this admission means that you were unquestionably trolling, my primary reaction is amusement....mainly over the fact you lost the bet, mind.
chrisp is offline   Reply With Quote