The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Ring of Fame Threads
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 07-14-2004, 11:08 PM   #226
-Slap-
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tredici
Your little friend has a super bowl ring doesn't he?

Hahahhahahahahahaha.
Marcus Nash did more to earn his.
-Slap- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2004, 12:03 AM   #227
Sir Mawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tredici
Peyton Manning practices and practices. He wants to execute a game plan to perfection. He often succeeds. However, that perfectionist attitude doesn't help when the game plan starts going awry. Then he is prone to frustration and making poor decisions. He has shown the ability to get back on track and make the comeback, but not consistently enough to trust he has the mental toughness to get back on his game. Once he does that, he will be as complete of QB as you could ask for. Little more mobility would be nice, but doesn't seem to have made much difference at this point.

Exactly.
Sir Mawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2004, 01:40 AM   #228
Northman
The Enigma Prognosis

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Bryci

Quote:
Originally Posted by yavoon
it makes sense a broncos board would think mobility is the key to overperforming or "carrying" a team. u know actually MAKING THE THROWS U SHOULD, is far more important to winning than avoiding a few sacks or pulling a play out of ur ass.
so what? are you saying that John couldnt make the throws?
Northman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2004, 01:42 AM   #229
Northman
The Enigma Prognosis

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Bryci

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Slap-
Goddamn, you sound like you have a serious man crush on him, Ozo.

Were you jealous of that chick when he showed her his ass?

rep.
Old 07-15-2004, 01:47 AM   #230
Northman
The Enigma Prognosis

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Bryci

Quote:
also the eagles dont lack talent offensively, they lack wr's. .

well gee genius, do you think thats important when a Qb needs someone to catch the ****ing thing?
Old 07-15-2004, 04:55 AM   #231
Rock Chalk
Cheeky Bastards

Laus Deo

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anubis_Zyklon
well gee genius, do you think thats important when a Qb needs someone to catch the ****ing thing?
No.

Just look at KC.
Rock Chalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2004, 05:06 AM   #232
fontaine
Ring of Famer

Go John Manning!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaptownChief

Would agree with you on all accounts. He has been saddled with very poor defenses most of his career so far. If Dungy can muster up a top 15 defense for the next couple years I would fully expect him to bring Indy a ring, maybe two.

If McNair were saddled with the Colts D and Manning had the Titans the past several years Manning would probably have a ring or two and McNair's teams would struggle to sniff the playoffs. Just my worthless opinion however
You're right, your opinion is absolutely worthless here.

You do realize that statistically (yards per game/points allowed) Indy defense was better than the Titans in 2002? The two defenses were neck and neck in those categories as well last year.

Some people talk about Indy's defense like it was some sort of albatross around Peyton's neck, but the last two years the Indy Defense was around 10th in the league.

McNair is older and has less years left, I'll give you that. But McNair is twice the QB Manning will ever be because he's a better overall QB than Manning.

If you think the sun shines outta Manning's butt, fine, I won't try and refute your opinion because you're entitled to it, but get your facts right when slamming a QB like McNair about his "much better" defense.

What's this "PURE PASSING" QB shiat anyway?

To me that's like saying Salaam is a good "pure run blocking" tackle! It's totally ignoring his pass protection which is crap.

Manning is able to throw with accuracy and make the right decisions (i.e. throw to Marvin, throw to Marvin, throw to Marvin, throw to Dallas Clark, or Pollard).

But so was freakin' greaseball. Until that is, the OLine/WR/RB weren't perfect and he starting choking badly. Kinda like what Manning has been doing for the most part in the playoffs when the level of competition is higher.

While Manning was getting smacked around in the playoffs McNair was gutting it out and keeping his team in games. Eventually McNair's teams lost in the SuperBowl or to AFC teams that went on to the SuperBowl.

But Manning is this media darling and everyone loves him so ofcourse every year the mantra is that his defense sucks and he has no weapons even though Reggie Wayne has been a solid number 2 WR, and he's always had two pass catching TEs in that offense along with a good or great RB.

Last edited by fontaine; 07-15-2004 at 06:38 AM..
fontaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2004, 06:23 AM   #233
fontaine
Ring of Famer

Go John Manning!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exile_In_SJ
I'd take Brady right near the top
He has the intangibles and now he has 2 rings. He's a leader and sometimes that is more valuable than being a great QB. He's a winner.
You can have Brady. I'd rather have that two time Super Bowl winning, offensive nut crunching defense!
fontaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2004, 07:07 AM   #234
Tom A Hawk
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bpc
I would say he is the best pure QB in the game today... you can't deny him statistically. The only thing lacking from him in the Super Bowl championships... but hell, we really can't knock him for that because it took Elway so long to get his championships and I still thought of him as the best QB during his time. As for the comparison to McNair, I don't think its even close. Manning blows away McNairs numbers and the Colts also swept the Titans last year in head to head matchups. That was the whole reason Indy won the South division and the Titans did not.
yup, what he said!
Tom A Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2004, 07:10 AM   #235
Tom A Hawk
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlecRaenos
No.

Just look at KC.
exactly........just think how many more yards Trent G. would have if the WR's would trade those bricks in for some hands.
Tom A Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2004, 07:13 AM   #236
Spider
Mr Diplomacy

I survived Tebow Mania at the Mane

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Quote:
I'll tell you what I thought really sucked. McNabb completely racks up his ankle against Arizona in 2002. He refuses X-rays and throws five touchdown passes on a broken ankle. He rushes back for the playoffs, leads his team to a first round victory and then gets abused by the eventual Champion Buccaneers.

Of course Yavoon and Nappy dont know of this cause there just isnt a stat on that .... I have said manning is the best pure passer in the NFL , but there is more to Qbing then just passing .........
Spider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2004, 09:29 AM   #237
yavoon
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anubis_Zyklon
so what? are you saying that John couldnt make the throws?
no
yavoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2004, 09:31 AM   #238
yavoon
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by §PideŽ

Of course Yavoon and Nappy dont know of this cause there just isnt a stat on that .... I have said manning is the best pure passer in the NFL , but there is more to Qbing then just passing .........
yah like not turning the ball over in a playoff game in the redzone on a game winning drive in the fourth.

oh wait mcnabb did that.
Old 07-15-2004, 09:34 AM   #239
yavoon
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by fontaine
You're right, your opinion is absolutely worthless here.

But Manning is this media darling and everyone loves him so ofcourse every year the mantra is that his defense sucks and he has no weapons even though Reggie Wayne has been a solid number 2 WR, and he's always had two pass catching TEs in that offense along with a good or great RB.
I think u got carried away w/ ur fervor, no1 has ever said manning has no1 to throw it to. then again manning made brandon stokley look like a deep threat.
Old 07-15-2004, 09:37 AM   #240
Spider
Mr Diplomacy

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Quote:
yah like not turning the ball over in a playoff game in the redzone on a game winning drive in the fourth.

oh wait mcnabb did that.
Hold up Kiddo .......... I am in the Carr camp not the McNabb camp .....
But even you have to admit Owens wil lgo along ways in preventing that ....... But with that said , what does McNabb throwing the Pick on a game winning drive have to do with what I quoted ?
Old 07-15-2004, 09:47 AM   #241
yavoon
Ring of Famer

Quote:
But even you have to admit Owens wil lgo along ways in preventing that ....... But with that said , what does McNabb throwing the Pick on a game winning drive have to do with what I quoted ?
well since u seem to think anecdotes are far superior to stats I gave u an anecdote.

and yes one would think terrell would help mcnabb out a lot.
Old 07-15-2004, 09:51 AM   #242
crazyhorse
All Motor!!

You can only hope to contain me

Quote:
Carrrrrr!!?

Are you selling any of that?
crazyhorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2004, 09:52 AM   #243
Spider
Mr Diplomacy

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Quote:
well since u seem to think anecdotes are far superior to stats I gave u an anecdote.
ancedotes are far more important then stats in football , The point Slap made was McNabb gamed it out with a bad wheel .......
Yeah throwing that Pick on the game winning drive sucked , I saw the Play , but not the coaches tape , so I dont remember who was or wasnt doubled on that play ....( meaning did McNabb make the right read or did he miss a wide open guy ) I do Remember McNabb rolling to the left on that throw , that tells me he was buying time for some one to break open .....
Old 07-15-2004, 09:54 AM   #244
Spider
Mr Diplomacy

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyhorse
Carrrrrr!!?

Are you selling any of that?
I would take Carr to QB the Broncos in a heart beat ......
But no way do the texans let Carr go .......
Old 07-15-2004, 09:57 AM   #245
yavoon
Ring of Famer

Quote:
ancedotes are far more important then stats in football , The point Slap made was McNabb gamed it out with a bad wheel .......
Yeah throwing that Pick on the game winning drive sucked , I saw the Play , but not the coaches tape , so I dont remember who was or wasnt doubled on that play ....( meaning did McNabb make the right read or did he miss a wide open guy ) I do Remember McNabb rolling to the left on that throw , that tells me he was buying time for some one to break open .....
haha thats frigging comedy. anecdotes are nightmares. I mean I could prolly go get 3 or 4 griese anecdotes and we could be spending the next 5 pages yelling at each other over them.

so yah he threw 5 tds in a relatively meaningless game against who? the cardinals(I forget). and in all the nfc championship games, 2 at home, he has blown chunks.
Old 07-15-2004, 10:02 AM   #246
Spider
Mr Diplomacy

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Quote:
haha thats frigging comedy. anecdotes are nightmares. I mean I could prolly go get 3 or 4 griese anecdotes and we could be spending the next 5 pages yelling at each other over them.

so yah he threw 5 tds in a relatively meaningless game against who? the cardinals(I forget). and in all the nfc championship games, 2 at home, he has blown chunks.
Thats football ........
See when you make it to the pros , you are the best of the Best ......
you showed talent , you showed that you can game ...... Some fail to mentaly rise to the Pressure .........
I still say Griese had the tools , didnt have the Drive ..........
Old 07-15-2004, 10:45 AM   #247
NaptownChief
Donkeys Nightmare

Football Pimp

Quote:

Yeah, Manning isn't tough like McNadd and McNair...He only has never missed a single snap in his career while playing through a broken jaw and many other aches and pains that only come from having the sack to stay on the field every single snap of every single game.
NaptownChief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2004, 10:51 AM   #248
NaptownChief
Donkeys Nightmare

Football Pimp

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Slap-
From the man who claimed Derrick Mason and Marvin Harrison are essentially the same guy.

Ever consider approaching an argument honestly?

When McNadd makes T.O look more like James Thrash than T.O. this season you might have a little better understanding as to what I am saying. I won't hold my breath however as you are the same guy that struggled to eat the humble pie Manning served up against the Donks in the Dome.
NaptownChief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2004, 11:05 AM   #249
ozomulsion
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The ladies man.

Quote:
Yeah, Manning isn't tough like McNadd and McNair...He only has never missed a single snap in his career while playing through a broken jaw and many other aches and pains that only come from having the sack to stay on the field every single snap of every single game.
Didn't you know that is only becase he has "such a GREAT O-line . Judging by some other posts it has nothing to do with toughness or being able to feel the heat from his blind side.
ozomulsion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2004, 11:06 AM   #250
Spider
Mr Diplomacy

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Quote:
I never said Manning wasnt tough , But I never bashed Manning for throwing pics or not winning in Playoffs ..........