The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Ring of Fame Threads
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 07-14-2004, 06:55 PM   #126
Goobzilla
Lights Out B***h!

BA-ZING!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mitch Erickson

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnillathunda
yes I know the story I was young then and didnt even know the rules of draft.. I look back and I am glad we got him but yet I dont agree with..oh well at least he didnt call his dad to try and pull strings for him.. and he had a legitimate excuse.. Indiana sucks
Sigh...History lesson #2 the Colts were in Baltimore in 1983.

So to recap: Not wanting to play for the team that drafts you is cool as long as he's your (and my) favorite player of all time BUT not cool if he's the brother of someone you have an axe to grind with?

Just Checking

Ron
Goobzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2004, 06:55 PM   #127
vnillathunda
Solid Starter

The shot heard around the world

[QUOTE=NaptownChief]There are NFL players have brothers in prison for various horrible crimes. I don't hold that against them, I'm sure the hell not going to judge Peyton cause his brother didn't want to play for the Bolts. Considering Marty's recent history with QB's I don't blame him for not wanting to play for them either. A $hit OL, zero at WR and a well below average defense. And then have to listen to guys like you talk about how horrible a pick he was.[/QUOTE

Again thats the point of the draft... to build your team player by player.. sd could have been looking for him to be the future to start the rebuilding process and to get that oportunity taken away because eli was crying is not fare to sd or the nfl

Last edited by vnillathunda; 07-14-2004 at 07:06 PM..
vnillathunda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2004, 06:55 PM   #128
NaptownChief
Donkeys Nightmare

Football Pimp

Quote:
yes I know the story I was young then and didnt even know the rules of draft.. I look back and I am glad we got him but yet I dont agree with..oh well at least he didnt call his dad to try and pull strings for him.. and he had a legitimate excuse.. Indiana sucks

Allright snot nose...you need to go pick up a few recent history books, especially about football then come back and run your yap when you are a little older. The Colts were in Baltimore then...so I guess you don't know the story too well.
NaptownChief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2004, 06:58 PM   #129
Goobzilla
Lights Out B***h!

BA-ZING!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mitch Erickson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goobzilla
BTW, Baltimore is in Maryland which is what we commonly refer to as a "state". This and other fascinating information can be found in what are called "books."

Ron
Goobzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2004, 07:00 PM   #130
vnillathunda
Solid Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goobzilla

So to recap: Not wanting to play for the team that drafts you is cool as long as he's your (and my) favorite player of all time BUT not cool if he's the brother of someone you have an axe to grind with?

Just Checking

Ron

sorry ron but I dont apreciate your condescending tone.. and like I said, I dont agree with it no matter who the player is or who he wants to be drafted by it compremises the integrity of the draft and the evolution of the nfl.. thanks for the history lesson though.. indianamore who gives a f its not the point
Old 07-14-2004, 07:01 PM   #131
vnillathunda
Solid Starter

yeah you guys are too smart for me.. im glad you know what state baltimore is in can you bring anymore knowledge to the table..
Old 07-14-2004, 07:03 PM   #132
vnillathunda
Solid Starter

I made a mistake on the city the colts were in.. thats not the point.. why are you two hangin from the pm's dills any way.. not like he apriciates it
Old 07-14-2004, 07:07 PM   #133
NaptownChief
Donkeys Nightmare

Football Pimp

Quote:
sorry ron but I dont apreciate your condescending tone.. and like I said, I dont agree with it no matter who the player is or who he wants to be drafted by it compremises the integrity of the draft and the evolution of the nfl.. thanks for the history lesson though.. indianamore who gives a f its not the point

Well I don't appreciate hypocrisy or someone using the acts of a person's sibling as a basis for disliking a person. It is quite simple. You don't like him, you have no legitimate reason for disliking him. The good news is you don't have to have a legitimate reason as this is American and you are provided that freedom. No need to scramble for excuses.
Old 07-14-2004, 07:09 PM   #134
Hogan11
Rock-N-Roll Historian

Let's take these SOB's out!!!!!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Floyd Little

Year Team Comp Att Comp% Yds Yd/Att TD INT Sacked-Yds Rating
1983 Den 123 259 47.5 1663 6.4 7 14 28- 218 54.9

Elway had a horrible first year in the NFL......karma caught up with him, penance was served.

Whether or not Eli can overcome that O-line he'll be playing behind along with the scruitny of the NYC media remains to be seen.

Just a guess here, but I don't think it's going to be very pretty initially
Hogan11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2004, 07:10 PM   #135
NaptownChief
Donkeys Nightmare

Football Pimp

Let the record show that I hate Michael Vick because his brother has been arrested 3 times this past year.
Old 07-14-2004, 07:19 PM   #136
-Slap-
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaptownChief
If Manning were throwing to Mason and McNair to Harrison I have a hunch that Mason would be in the elite 3 of WR's instead of Harrison. That is just my opinion but your opinion about McNair having far less talent around him is factually dead wrong.
Watching Nappy grovel at Manning's feet is always good for a laugh, but I would hate for this particular paragraph to be lost amid all the acrimony and backbiting on this thread.

Today Nappy tried to tell us that Derrick Mason and Marvin Harrison are basically the same guy, but Marvin lucked out and got drafted by a team with Peyton Manning.

I can hardly wait to see what he comes up with next.......
-Slap- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2004, 07:20 PM   #137
vnillathunda
Solid Starter

Quote:
Well I don't appreciate hypocrisy or someone using the acts of a person's sibling as a basis for disliking a person. It is quite simple. You don't like him, you have no legitimate reason for disliking him. The good news is you don't have to have a legitimate reason as this is American and you are provided that freedom. No need to scramble for excuses.

I dont know what world you are livng in (or ground hog hole) but I can tell you havent had much interaction with society.. little advice dont ever venture to the city.. you would be a hustlers cherry.. you can make all the comment s you like about why you think I dont like manning but I know people and that guy would run your ass off the road and flip you the bird while doing it.. get off his nut$
Old 07-14-2004, 07:24 PM   #138
ozomulsion
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The ladies man.

Quote:
It is quite apparent that beat down a$$ whoppin he put on you chumps in the playoffs has left an awfully nasty taste in your mouths.
No it's not that. I'm still pretty sore about it. But I'm not going to say something
like "Peyton would suck if he didn't have Harrison". I guess that's the difference between me and Zyclon.
ozomulsion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2004, 07:24 PM   #139
Spider
Mr Diplomacy

I survived Tebow Mania at the Mane

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Wow this realy went off to the side ...........
The whole Elway thing was a mess , I am Glad we got him , The Raiders were bidding also and if Pete Rozzell didnt hate Al Davis , the Elway story could have been alot different .........
One theory I have why Elway didnt want to play in Baltless , was Johnny Unitias .......
Of Course Eli didnt have that curse in San Diego ......... Unless of Course Stan Humphries and Dan Fouts are a legend in those Parts ......
Spider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2004, 07:27 PM   #140
ozomulsion
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The ladies man.

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Slap-
Watching Nappy grovel at Manning's feet is always good for a laugh, but I would hate for this particular paragraph to be lost amid all the acrimony and backbiting on this thread.

Today Nappy tried to tell us that Derrick Mason and Marvin Harrison are basically the same guy, but Marvin lucked out and got drafted by a team with Peyton Manning.

I can hardly wait to see what he comes up with next.......
Don't forget Peyton made Marcus Nash an All-American.
Old 07-14-2004, 07:27 PM   #141
Spider
Mr Diplomacy

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

I wouldnt say Manning Sucks ,I think he makes harrison as much as Harrison makes him , Like I say Manning doesnt let the game flow , he holds his Oline set way to long ....
His Handoffs to Edge are to far out , seriously that is just too far of a handoff ....
Like I said Manning is the best pure Passer in the NFL , Manning isnt the best Game manager .........
Old 07-14-2004, 07:27 PM   #142
-Slap-
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by §PideŽ
Wow this realy went off to the side ...........
The whole Elway thing was a mess , I am Glad we got him , The Raiders were bidding also and if Pete Rozzell didnt hate Al Davis , the Elway story could have been alot different .........
One theory I have why Elway didnt want to play in Baltless , was Johnny Unitias .......
Of Course Eli didnt have that curse in San Diego ......... Unless of Course Stan Humphries and Dan Fouts are a legend in those Parts ......
Dan Fouts is a legend in San Diego and rightly so, and what exactly are you trying to say here? That Elway didn't want to play in Baltimore following a great QB like Johnny Unitas?

You better think about retracting that one before the dogpile commences.
-Slap- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2004, 07:29 PM   #143
vnillathunda
Solid Starter

Quote:
Let the record show that I hate Michael Vick because his brother has been arrested 3 times this past year.

its funnny you have to search back to all my post to try and find somthing new to say..
Old 07-14-2004, 07:30 PM   #144
Spider
Mr Diplomacy

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Slap-
Dan Fouts is a legend and rightly so, and what exactly are you trying to say here? That Elway didn't want to play in Baltimore following a great QB like Johnny Unitas?

You better think about retracting that one before the dogpile commences.
I can handle the dog pile Bro .......
I agree about Fouts , Fouts could have been one of the best WCO QB if he had a defense to back him ................
Now for Elway ...... What I mean is I dont think Elway wanted the Comparing to Unitias Year in Year out ..........
Old 07-14-2004, 07:33 PM   #145
Hogan11
Rock-N-Roll Historian

Let's take these SOB's out!!!!!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Floyd Little

Quote:
Originally Posted by §PideŽ
Now for Elway ...... What I mean is I dont think Elway wanted the Comparing to Unitias Year in Year out ..........
Unitas or Bert Jones?
Hogan11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2004, 07:35 PM   #146
ozomulsion
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The ladies man.

Quote:
its funnny you have to search back to all my post to try and find somthing new to say..
I haven't ever had any disagreements with you before. But it's clear that one wouldn't have to search very far back to find something new to say.
Old 07-14-2004, 07:35 PM   #147
Spider
Mr Diplomacy

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hogan11
Unitas or Bert Jones?
....... Yeah that Bert Joones left some big Shoes to fill
I wonder though if Bert had stayed Healthy ........
Old 07-14-2004, 07:38 PM   #148
Spider
Mr Diplomacy

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

I will cut vnillathunda some slack ........
He wasnt too far off , Besides it is great that younger guys want to talk Ball and learn Broncos History ..........
Old 07-14-2004, 07:41 PM   #149
CHIEF TEX
Seasoned Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mile High Shack
Dan Patrick asked him on that hot seat thing they do on sportscenter.

Peyton said if I didn't say I was you'd say, oh c'mon Peyton, you can say yourself.

so he did say himself.

hard to argue, overall he is probably the best right now. He doesn't have the best team around him, but I'd take him over Jake.
That is EXACTLY how it went as I was watching as well. It did NOT appear that Manning was being cocky in any way. He just gave his opinion. And, I agree that it's very hard to argue against him being the best.
CHIEF TEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2004, 07:43 PM   #150
vnillathunda
Solid Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozomulsion
I haven't ever had any disagreements with you before. But it's clear that one wouldn't have to search very far back to find something new to say.

shht it seems like when ever anyone has something to say someone has to try and jump on it an disect it and then try to use somethin irrelevent to the point to make an argument.. all anyone has said about my post is what state is baltimore in or vick s brother blah blah blah.. thank for takin a quief's fan side anyways oz nice to hear some feedback from someone who wasntsayin squat earlier..