The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 04-27-2012, 01:05 PM   #26
hookemhess
Perennial Pro-bowler

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Blake Gideon

hookemhess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 01:10 PM   #27
RedEyedJeti

Who's Tebow?
Old 04-27-2012, 01:16 PM   #28
Play2win
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Duke

I just wonder how Tebow is dealing with the cold, I heard those Canadian nights can get quite chilly.
Play2win is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 01:18 PM   #29
MagicHef
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beantown Bronco View Post
How about this one then, which is very clearly saying what I think Skip is saying as well?
I'm saying it.

Then again, I've been wrong in the past.

Also, I don't really care.
MagicHef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 01:21 PM   #30
lonestar
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay3 View Post
Time has passed, and it's kind of sunk in that that was a dumb and hurried trade. Nobody was really hurting for a quarterback (that didn't have designs on one in the draft), and Tebow's got more value than that as a backup.

All that talk about "Well, you need someone if Peyton goes down to come in and perform the way Peyton does" and then they get Caleb Hanie.

That trade looks more and more silly in hindsight. The rest of the league would have needed more time to factor Tebow into their plans to give a 3rd rounder.
They wanted the circus out of town..

there were some rumors tha they would flat cut him..

I also thought it was short sided but Elway wanted to get "Joshes problem kid" gone..

He lost some of my respect with that move.. Not that he cares about that..
lonestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 01:39 PM   #31
Drek
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonestar View Post
They wanted the circus out of town..
And that is the problem We downgraded our backup QB from Tebow to Hanie simply because the FO didn't feel like they could control public sentiment despite having Peyton Manning as the #1 QB.
Drek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 01:40 PM   #32
Captain 'Dre
Along For The Ride

For THIS I Went To Grad School?!?

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Of course... at the first signs of Sanchez struggling, there will be fan screamage of heretofore unseen proportion for Tebow.

I see a distraction circus on the horizon... which, come to think of it, Rex Ryan seems to have no problem with.
Captain 'Dre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 02:39 PM   #33
Br0nc0Buster
2013 AFC Champs

Shabby, not too

This one has a better chance than the "Vince Young will win multiple superbowls with the Titans" prediction from a few years ago
Br0nc0Buster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 02:48 PM   #34
Agamemnon

Quote:
Time has passed, and it's kind of sunk in that that was a dumb and hurried trade. Nobody was really hurting for a quarterback (that didn't have designs on one in the draft), and Tebow's got more value than that as a backup.

All that talk about "Well, you need someone if Peyton goes down to come in and perform the way Peyton does" and then they get Caleb Hanie.

That trade looks more and more silly in hindsight. The rest of the league would have needed more time to factor Tebow into their plans to give a 3rd rounder.
There's also the fact that once again EFX lowballed themselves before the trade negotiations even started...
Old 04-27-2012, 02:53 PM   #35
HorseHead
Ring of Famer

Stay thirsty my friends..

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Bay Bay

I bet Tebow has nicer feet than Ryan's wife...
HorseHead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 03:18 PM   #36
barryr
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

I don't watch Bayless much, but seems like he is having some uncomfortable times on ESPN lately. First busted about his high school career, which wasn't much, and just today I think it was he was making a point about pass rushers not putting up numbers, Coples I think in particular, but was corrected by someone else that a player he said didn't do much, Gholston of the Jets, had great stats in college, which made his point wrong, and had the look of not sure what to do. I felt kind of sorry for him.
barryr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 03:33 PM   #37
TheFullTebow

Quote:
Originally Posted by cousinal11 View Post
Get over it or get a jets jersey.
I have and anyone with half a brain should do it too. He's the greatest football player of our generation, a franchise face QB for many years to come and you just don't trade that for a patched up fossil with three years left in the tank. Elway will be sorry, you all will be sorry Go Jets!
Old 04-27-2012, 05:27 PM   #38
Armchair Bronco

Quote:
Originally Posted by barryr View Post
I don't watch Bayless much, but seems like he is having some uncomfortable times on ESPN lately. First busted about his high school career, which wasn't much, and just today I think it was he was making a point about pass rushers not putting up numbers, Coples I think in particular, but was corrected by someone else that a player he said didn't do much, Gholston of the Jets, had great stats in college, which made his point wrong, and had the look of not sure what to do. I felt kind of sorry for him.
Maybe so, but he's been consistently right about Tebow. He loved him (in a Man Crush Way) when Tebow was in college. He said that Tebow would be a force in the NFL if a team would just give him a chance.

After Josh McStalin was fired, Bayless said we'd get to see some of Tebow's greatness, and we did. And Bayless was WAY ahead of the naysayers last year predicting that Tebow might just lead the Broncos to the playoffs. Which he did.

He also predicted that Elway would never buy in to Tebow and that Tebow would likely be traded during the offseason. And he was. Skip said this even when Tebowmania was at its height.

No matter how you slice it, Bayless has been right about Tebow most of the time.
Old 04-27-2012, 06:49 PM   #39
Jay3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armchair Bronco View Post
Maybe so, but he's been consistently right about Tebow. He loved him (in a Man Crush Way) when Tebow was in college. He said that Tebow would be a force in the NFL if a team would just give him a chance.

After Josh McStalin was fired, Bayless said we'd get to see some of Tebow's greatness, and we did. And Bayless was WAY ahead of the naysayers last year predicting that Tebow might just lead the Broncos to the playoffs. Which he did.

He also predicted that Elway would never buy in to Tebow and that Tebow would likely be traded during the offseason. And he was. Skip said this even when Tebowmania was at its height.

No matter how you slice it, Bayless has been right about Tebow most of the time.
He was just as right if not more right about Cam Newton, start to finish. Well before he started to look like the #1 pick.

He's right about Lebron.

He's right about Durant and Westbrook.

He's right about the Knicks, a la Melo and Stoudemire.
Old 06-27-2012, 12:44 PM   #40
El Minion
Ring of Famer

El Minion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 02:44 PM   #41
Kaylore
Anybody want a peanut?

Go Avs!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Wesley Duke

I think if Tebow developed into a starting QB, even an average one, it would only be good for the NFL.
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 02:57 PM   #42
Jay3

Quote:
He's right about Lebron.
Fail.
Old 06-27-2012, 02:59 PM   #43
oubronco
John Foneco !!

Mile High Magic

Skip sucks and so does Tebow get over it or go to the Jets forum
oubronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 04:52 PM   #44
UberBroncoMan
Your Local Nostradamus

2013... the year of Sci-Fi!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Duck Nacho

Skip is literally a character on ESPN. Scripted up the wazoo. He's not a real person.
UberBroncoMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 04:56 PM   #45
UberBroncoMan
Your Local Nostradamus

2013... the year of Sci-Fi!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Duck Nacho

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Minion View Post
UberBroncoMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 05:28 PM   #46
BroncoMan4ever
Ring of Famer

That's just like your opinion, man

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VIRGIL GREEN!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armchair Bronco View Post
If you ask me, I think it's a fairly bold prediction. After all, the Front Office is still saying that they brought in Tebow "to be a football player". I wonder what the speculation is like on Jets forums?

Anyway, I predict that Elway will be VERY sorry he traded Tebow.
Only because we lost a potentially great FB
BroncoMan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 06:24 PM   #47
Jetmeck
Not a Chief's board

I'll betcha TT gets 10-12 TDs this year............we shoulda kept him for goal line. dumbass trade
Jetmeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 04:08 PM   #48
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jetmeck View Post
I'll betcha TT gets 10-12 TDs this year............we shoulda kept him for goal line. dumbass trade
True, with all those issues Peyton Manning has had inside the RZ and all.

http://www.opposingviews.com/i/serio...-manning-colts

Mgrex's excellent winning factors series ran the numbers on the Colts redzone success from 2004 to 2008. In that 5 year span the Colts scored 225 TDs with 105 FGs on 371 trips to the redzone. 5.09 points per redzone appearance.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 04:43 PM   #49
Jetmeck
Not a Chief's board

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBroncos4life View Post
True, with all those issues Peyton Manning has had inside the RZ and all.

http://www.opposingviews.com/i/serio...-manning-colts

Mgrex's excellent winning factors series ran the numbers on the Colts redzone success from 2004 to 2008. In that 5 year span the Colts scored 225 TDs with 105 FGs on 371 trips to the redzone. 5.09 points per redzone appearance.
heh dumbass...........what part of having an excellent red zone option are you opposed to or do you just like to smart off ?

Also there is this..............the Broncos have been absolutely horrible in the red zone for years........look up those stats smartass...........
Jetmeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 05:22 PM   #50
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jetmeck View Post
heh dumbass...........what part of having an excellent red zone option are you opposed to or do you just like to smart off ?

Also there is this..............the Broncos have been absolutely horrible in the red zone for years........look up those stats smartass...........
Denver RZ problems are over with Peyton Manning you retard. We don't need a gimmick player anymore. Manning wasn't coming off the field for Tebow dumbass and Tebow isn't going to be move to RB on our team.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote