The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



View Poll Results: Who do the Broncos actually select at #25?
Michael Brockers 24 24.24%
Dontari Poe 4 4.04%
Dre Kirkpatrick 19 19.19%
Dont'e Hightower 6 6.06%
Devon Still 6 6.06%
Kendall Reyes 1 1.01%
Jerel Worthy 19 19.19%
Doug Martin 17 17.17%
Peter Konz 3 3.03%
Voters: 99. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-24-2012, 05:18 PM   #51
oubronco
John Foneco !!
 
oubronco's Avatar
 
Mile High Magic

Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Sooner Country
Posts: 21,527
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agamemnon View Post
Every RB has been shutdown in some games
FIFY
oubronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 05:21 PM   #52
oubronco
John Foneco !!
 
oubronco's Avatar
 
Mile High Magic

Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Sooner Country
Posts: 21,527
Default

It won't matter who it is the mane will explode

Can't wait
oubronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 05:22 PM   #53
Rabb
No Luca, No!
 
Rabb's Avatar
 

Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 8,034

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Dynamite Monkey
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by oubronco View Post
It won't matter who it is the mane will explode

Can't wait
troof
Rabb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 05:25 PM   #54
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU
 
DBroncos4life's Avatar
 
Bacon bits

Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: The wrong side of right.
Posts: 28,758

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by houghtam View Post
Yeah, I can't remember what the terms of that are though, and I'm on my phone so I'm not looking it up.
We didn't set terms. You took our other bet a step further saying Manning will be out of the NFL after this season. Deal on our other bet.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 05:26 PM   #55
oubronco
John Foneco !!
 
oubronco's Avatar
 
Mile High Magic

Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Sooner Country
Posts: 21,527
Default

Can You Dig It

oubronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 05:30 PM   #56
houghtam
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 6,384
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBroncos4life View Post
We didn't set terms. You took our other bet a step further saying Manning will be out of the NFL after this season. Deal on our other bet.
Sweet.

I guess since one of us will be gone by the beginning of next year, it doesn't really matter much about this bet.

I'll still go on record saying we will be neither top 5 in passing yards nor top 10 in scoring.
houghtam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 05:49 PM   #57
gunns
I WANT DEFENSE!
 
gunns's Avatar
 
Defense, defense, defense

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Always Hoping
Posts: 12,713

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward
Default

I have no idea this year. I just hope it's defense.
gunns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 05:50 PM   #58
gunns
I WANT DEFENSE!
 
gunns's Avatar
 
Defense, defense, defense

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Always Hoping
Posts: 12,713

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by oubronco View Post
It won't matter who it is the mane will explode

Can't wait
I will only if it's a WR or TE. I may not be happy with the pick but I won't explode unless it's one of those two positions.
gunns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 06:08 PM   #59
Jay3
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by uplink View Post
They will trade out of the 1st round
Correct answer.

"There's nothing but wall-to-wall defensive tackles."

"Trade back, trade back!"
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 06:10 PM   #60
Requiem
~~~
 
Requiem's Avatar
 
~ ~ ~

Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Earth Division
Posts: 24,315

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay3 View Post
Correct answer.

"There's nothing but wall-to-wall defensive tackles."

"Trade back, trade back!"
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 07:08 PM   #61
pricejj
jungle
 
pricejj's Avatar
 
United In Orange

Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Louisville, CO
Posts: 10,120
Default

Here are a few fun facts about the top 3 contenders:

1st place: Michael Brockers has a total of 2 career sacks. I thought Fox wanted more sack production from DT?

2nd place: If Dre Kirkpatrick ever actually starts in the NFL, he will be the only starting NFL CB, drafted in the 1st round, to run slower than a 4.50 forty. Yes Rev, Malcolm Jenkins is a Safety.

3rd place: Doug Martin is the slowest of the top 5 RB's (4.55 forty), he will be almost 24 years old when the season starts, he will be backing up the 11th best RB in the NFL (McGahee), and will get 7-10 touches per game.

Last edited by pricejj; 04-24-2012 at 07:19 PM..
pricejj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 07:18 PM   #62
eddie mac
Ireland's No1 Bronco
 
eddie mac's Avatar
 
Eddie Mac 87 gone but never forgott

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: IRELAND
Posts: 17,294

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rod Smith
Default

Did this wee mock on another forum with 31 fans from other teams.

24 Denver from Pittsburgh- DT Dontari Poe Memphis
48 Denver from New England from Oakland- DL Jerel Worthy Michigan State
87 Denver*- CB Jamell Fleming Oklahoma
137 Denver from St Louis- RB Robert Turbin Utah State
174 Denver from New England from Tampa Bay- RB/WR/KR Chris Rainey Florida
182 Denver from New England from Kansas City- CB Shaun Prater Iowa
188 Denver from New York Jets- OG Joe Looney Wake Forest
193 Denver from Atlanta*- OLB Travis Lewis Oklahoma
eddie mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 07:21 PM   #63
Requiem
~~~
 
Requiem's Avatar
 
~ ~ ~

Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Earth Division
Posts: 24,315

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pricejj View Post
I believe Brockers will be off the board (and he is strictly a run stuffer), so the next guy is Dre Kirkpatrick.

FYI: If Dre Kirkpatrick ever actually starts in the NFL, he will be the only starting NFL CB, drafted in the 1st round, to run slower than a 4.50 forty.

Yes Rev, Malcolm Jenkins is a Safety.
You really need to stop posting dumb ****. People keep schooling you and you keep running your mouth. Who gives a **** if he ran a 4.51? Who is to say he didn't time getting off the line well at the combine when he ran?

And FWIW, that he is being considered in the first round, even with a marginal time goes to show you what teams think of him and what he can bring to the game.

And just so you know, he was timed at a 4.43 and a 4.53 with both his times in Indianapolis respectively.
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 07:28 PM   #64
KipCorrington25
Free Safety
 
KipCorrington25's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Centennial
Posts: 3,723
Default

I have a weird feeling we'll end up with Fleener the TE from Stanford... it makes no sense, that's why I can see it happening.
KipCorrington25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 07:44 PM   #65
houghtam
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 6,384
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem View Post
You really need to stop posting dumb ****. People keep schooling you and you keep running your mouth. Who gives a **** if he ran a 4.51? Who is to say he didn't time getting off the line well at the combine when he ran?

And FWIW, that he is being considered in the first round, even with a marginal time goes to show you what teams think of him and what he can bring to the game.

And just so you know, he was timed at a 4.43 and a 4.53 with both his times in Indianapolis respectively.
http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings...2012&genpos=CB

Quote:
40 Time: 4.51 40 Low: 4.39 40 High: 4.59
houghtam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 07:52 PM   #66
pricejj
jungle
 
pricejj's Avatar
 
United In Orange

Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Louisville, CO
Posts: 10,120
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem View Post
...
He ran a 4.43, a 4.53, and a 4.58...they average all 3 times right? They do it the same way for everybody. Like I said, IF he ever actually starts, he would be the slowest starting CB in the NFL taken in the 1st round, if it sounds like a reach, it's because it is.

If the Broncos want to jump above Pittsburgh for anybody, it should be Dont'a Hightower, not Kirkpatrick. The middle of the Defense is the problem.

Trade up to #23 to get Hightower. Then trade up in the 2nd to get Wolfe, or Thompson.

Last edited by pricejj; 04-24-2012 at 07:57 PM..
pricejj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 07:58 PM   #67
Requiem
~~~
 
Requiem's Avatar
 
~ ~ ~

Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Earth Division
Posts: 24,315

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pricejj View Post
...and he ran a 4.59. Like I said, IF he ever actually starts, he would be the slowest starting CB in the NFL taken in the 1st round, if it sounds like a reach, it's because it is.

If the Broncos want to jump above Pittsburgh for anybody, it should be Dont'a Hightower, not Kirkpatrick.
The only reaching here is you grasping at straws to down him at every turn. He is a first-round draft pick. Unlike everyone you have been advocating this whole time. (Which is why you are deleting posts, editing posts and deleting entire threads.)

I mean seriously, you even projected him at SS. I guess you didn't see Alabama play much.
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 08:03 PM   #68
Dr. Broncenstein
Ring of Famer
 
Dr. Broncenstein's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Sterile Fields
Posts: 13,964

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Trey Gowdy
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pricejj View Post
Here are a few fun facts about the top 3 contenders:

1st place: Michael Brockers has a total of 2 career sacks. I thought Fox wanted more sack production from DT?

2nd place: If Dre Kirkpatrick ever actually starts in the NFL, he will be the only starting NFL CB, drafted in the 1st round, to run slower than a 4.50 forty. Yes Rev, Malcolm Jenkins is a Safety.

3rd place: Doug Martin is the slowest of the top 5 RB's (4.55 forty), he will be almost 24 years old when the season starts, he will be backing up the 11th best RB in the NFL (McGahee), and will get 7-10 touches per game.
Holy balls. This shiat is so retarded it made my eyes bleed.
Dr. Broncenstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 08:06 PM   #69
houghtam
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 6,384
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem View Post
The only reaching here is you grasping at straws to down him at every turn. He is a first-round draft pick. Unlike everyone you have been advocating this whole time. (Which is why you are deleting posts, editing posts and deleting entire threads.)

I mean seriously, you even projected him at SS. I guess you didn't see Alabama play much.
I'm done even reading this guy's posts. If you could put them all together in one big post (after un-deleting them, of course), there would be 10-15 players that he's claimed are better than 99% of mock drafts think they are, or that he's claimed are worse than 99% of mock drafts think they are. He then claims it's all in the interest of "discussion".

That's not discussion, it's throwing **** at a wall and hoping it sticks. Hell, I wouldn't be surprised if people hadn't called him out on deleting that one thread already, he'd be back after the draft, deleting every thread that doesn't support what actually happened, and then claiming he got it right.
houghtam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 08:10 PM   #70
Shananahan
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Not me! Keep bringing it, pricejj!
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 08:17 PM   #71
pricejj
jungle
 
pricejj's Avatar
 
United In Orange

Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Louisville, CO
Posts: 10,120
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem View Post
The only reaching here is you grasping at straws to down him at every turn. He is a first-round draft pick. Unlike everyone you have been advocating this whole time. (Which is why you are deleting posts, editing posts and deleting entire threads.)

I mean seriously, you even projected him at SS. I guess you didn't see Alabama play much.
Alabama's SS is Mark Barron, who will be drafted much higher than Kirkpatrick, and is the primary reason Alabama's pass defense was so good. Kirkpatrick would be the only starting CB in the NFL, taken in the 1st round, to post a 4.51 forty. Don't let it hurt your feelings, it's a simple fact.

And yes, I think Hightower is a better prospect. With people like you clamoring to trade up to take Kirkpatrick...why wouldn't you trade up to take Hightower instead? All you have to do is leapfrog Pittsburgh. It just makes sense.

Last edited by pricejj; 04-24-2012 at 08:21 PM..
pricejj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 08:24 PM   #72
Shananahan
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

I'm trying to figure out why you think there is a difference between the starting CBs who ran a 4.5+ forty and the starting CBs drafted in the first round who ran a 4.5+ forty.
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 08:28 PM   #73
Bmore Manning
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Pricey, Kirpatrick is a good CB prospect. I think if he transitioned to safety it would be FS and may be later in his career.
This 40 time stuff is over hyped, he didn't run great, big deal, have you watched him play, he can flat out play! Who burned him or ate him up when he was on the island? It's unfair to say that he's only a product of a good system when he was in man to man coverage.
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 08:35 PM   #74
Requiem
~~~
 
Requiem's Avatar
 
~ ~ ~

Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Earth Division
Posts: 24,315

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pricejj View Post
Alabama's SS is Mark Barron, who will be drafted much higher than Kirkpatrick, and is the primary reason Alabama's pass defense was so good. Kirkpatrick would be the only starting CB in the NFL, taken in the 1st round, to post a 4.51 forty. Don't let it hurt your feelings, it's a simple fact.

And yes, I think Hightower is a better prospect. With people like you clamoring to trade up to take Kirkpatrick...why wouldn't you trade up to take Hightower instead? All you have to do is leapfrog Pittsburgh. It just makes sense.
You projected Dre Kirkpatrick to be a SS in the NFL if he didn't play CB. You are wrong. It just goes to show you don't really know dick. I've had enough. Between the draft crap and giving Ron Paul blowjobs every day, it has just gotten too be too much. It's just ignore time. Welcome to ignore. I hope everyone else follows suit.
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 08:43 PM   #75
Tim
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

If Kirkpatrick gets past Pittsburgh at 24 then he will be a bronco if not they will pick up one of his teammates.
  Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:01 AM.


Denver Broncos