The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Jibba Jabba > War, Religion and Politics Thread
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 02-10-2012, 06:00 PM   #226
baja
Happy camper

Sweet

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ware

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meck77 View Post
NEW TRAVEL WARNING MEXICO

Mexico

February 08, 2012

The Department of State has issued this Travel Warning to inform U.S. citizens about the security situation in Mexico. General information on the overall security situation is provided immediately below. For information on security conditions in specific regions of Mexico, which can vary, travelers should reference the state-by-state assessments further below.

This Travel Warning supersedes the Travel Warning for Mexico dated April 22, 2011 to consolidate and update information about the security situation and to advise the public of additional restrictions on the travel of U.S. government (USG) personnel.

Continued.........

http://travel.state.gov/travel/cis_p...w/tw_5665.html
Yes, yes very dangerous. For God's sake stay away. Not for the chicken hearted....

Damn there are two shadowy figures at the gate now..... That looks like a marchetti......
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 08:33 PM   #227
Dr. Broncenstein
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Trey Gowdy

Tulsa is probably as dangerous as Mexico right now.
Dr. Broncenstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 10:02 AM   #228
alkemical
Guerrilla Ontologist

rorrim|mirror

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Prima Materia

http://www.disinfo.com/2012/04/mexic...fbi-informant/

Richard A. Serrano writes in the LA Times:

Police and federal agents pulled the car over in a suburb north of Denver. An FBI agent showed his badge. The driver appeared not startled at all. “My friend,” he said, “I have been waiting for you.”

And with that, Jesus Audel Miramontes-Varela stepped out of his white 2002 BMW X5 and into the arms of the Federal Bureau of Investigation.

Over the next several days at his ranch in Colorado and an FBI safe house in Albuquerque, the Mexican cartel chieftain — who had reputedly fed one of his victims to lions in Mexico — was transformed into one of the FBI’s top informants on the Southwest border.

Around a dining room table in August 2010, an FBI camera whirring above, the 34-year-old Miramontes-Varela confessed his leadership in the Juarez cartel, according to 75 pages of confidential FBI interview reports obtained by The Times/Tribune Washington Bureau.

Read More: LA Times

http://www.latimes.com/news/nationwo...,4316298.story
alkemical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 07:08 AM   #229
alkemical
Guerrilla Ontologist

rorrim|mirror

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Prima Materia

http://www.washingtonpost.com/local/...DdT_story.html

For first time since Depression, more Mexicans leave U.S. than enter
Old 04-24-2012, 09:07 AM   #230
baja
Happy camper

Sweet

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ware

Pew: immigration from Mexico drops to net zero

Immigration from Mexico has reached a net zero, with as many Mexicans moving back to Mexico as are entering the United States, according to the Pew Research Center’s Jeffrey Passel, a highly regarded demographer who used data from both countries.

The report released Wednesday cited several possible reasons, including, “the weakened U.S. job and housing construction markets, heightened border enforcement, a rise in deportations, the growing dangers associated with illegal border crossings, the long-term decline in Mexico’s birth rates and changing economic conditions in Mexico.”

The Mexican migration has been one of the largest in the nation’s history. About 12 million Mexicans have crossed the border, more than half illegally. That flow not only stopped but may have actually have begun to reverse, an equally historic shift. The report found that from 2005 to 2010, “about 1.4 million Mexicans immigrated to the United States and about 1.4 million Mexican immigrants and their U.S.-born children moved from the United States to Mexico.”

The drop is the first of any significance in more than two decades. There are 40 million immigrants in the U.S. today. Mexicans account for 58 percent of the illegal population and 30 percent of all U.S. immigrants. China is the next largest country of origin, but accounts for only 5 percent of the total number of immigrants.

http://blog.sfgate.com/nov05election...rick.net&tsp=1
Old 04-24-2012, 09:11 AM   #231
baja
Happy camper

Sweet

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ware

Now that the USA FTA's "Fast and Furious" program of exported death has been exposed and stopped Mexico has become less violent.
Old 04-24-2012, 09:26 AM   #232
Rohirrim
Partisan

All hail Hercules!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Quote:
Originally Posted by baja View Post
Pew: immigration from Mexico drops to net zero

Immigration from Mexico has reached a net zero, with as many Mexicans moving back to Mexico as are entering the United States, according to the Pew Research Centerís Jeffrey Passel, a highly regarded demographer who used data from both countries.

The report released Wednesday cited several possible reasons, including, ďthe weakened U.S. job and housing construction markets, heightened border enforcement, a rise in deportations, the growing dangers associated with illegal border crossings, the long-term decline in Mexicoís birth rates and changing economic conditions in Mexico.Ē

The Mexican migration has been one of the largest in the nationís history. About 12 million Mexicans have crossed the border, more than half illegally. That flow not only stopped but may have actually have begun to reverse, an equally historic shift. The report found that from 2005 to 2010, ďabout 1.4 million Mexicans immigrated to the United States and about 1.4 million Mexican immigrants and their U.S.-born children moved from the United States to Mexico.Ē

The drop is the first of any significance in more than two decades. There are 40 million immigrants in the U.S. today. Mexicans account for 58 percent of the illegal population and 30 percent of all U.S. immigrants. China is the next largest country of origin, but accounts for only 5 percent of the total number of immigrants.

http://blog.sfgate.com/nov05election...rick.net&tsp=1
They come up here for a few years, see some Fox News, watch our political primaries, and go, "You people are ****ing crazy. I'm going home."
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 09:50 AM   #233
jhns
Ring of Famer

but you still can't C me!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Baja is still trying to convince himself?

Poor Mexico homer. Your country will never be as good as mine at anything. Sorry.
jhns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 10:53 AM   #234
alkemical
Guerrilla Ontologist

rorrim|mirror

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Prima Materia

Quote:
Now that the USA FTA's "Fast and Furious" program of exported death has been exposed and stopped Mexico has become less violent.
Well, that's some of the interesting things i've thought about when reading this article.

how much of the 'war on drugs', has had a negative impact on Mexico? How much has NAFTA been designed to further the impoverished?
Old 04-24-2012, 11:53 AM   #235
baja
Happy camper

Sweet

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ware

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhns View Post
Baja is still trying to convince himself?

Poor Mexico homer. Your country will never be as good as mine at anything. Sorry.
My country / your country.... such gibberish

Just be a human being it's all that is required of you.
Old 04-24-2012, 11:55 AM   #236
baja
Happy camper

Sweet

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ware

Quote:
Originally Posted by alkemical View Post
Well, that's some of the interesting things i've thought about when reading this article.

how much of the 'war on drugs', has had a negative impact on Mexico? How much has NAFTA been designed to further the impoverished?

The only reason there is a "war on drugs" is to keep the price up and feed the prison system.
Old 04-24-2012, 12:01 PM   #237
alkemical
Guerrilla Ontologist

rorrim|mirror

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Prima Materia

Quote:
The only reason there is a "war on drugs" is to keep the price up and feed the prison system.
Trust me...i know.
Old 04-24-2012, 02:52 PM   #238
jhns
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
My country / your country.... such gibberish

Just be a human being it's all that is required of you.
You only think this because you live in an inferior country. Psychology 101.

You are the one always trying to compare the two. Don't back down just because I come with facts.
Old 04-24-2012, 02:53 PM   #239
jhns
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Legal drugs cost more. The government doesn't make money off drugs or overcrowded prisons. Your post doesn't make sense.
Old 04-24-2012, 02:53 PM   #240
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

jhns bringing the heat today.
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 03:25 PM   #241
baja
Happy camper

Sweet

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ware

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem View Post
jhns bringing the heat today.
this is what is known as idiot worship by and even bigger idiot.

1. I have stopped identifying with any one country years ago.

2. Your government members with the help of CIA and large banks are the ones making the lion's share of the illegal drug profits. Wake up sonny illegal drugs is big business in the USA. Why do you think American troops are cultivating poppies in Afghanistan. Why do you think ATF is supporting one side in the cartel wars in Mexico (Fast and Furious)? I'll tell ya, because one group launders it's drug money with large American banks and the other does not. Which side do you think got the guns?
Old 04-24-2012, 03:27 PM   #242
baja
Happy camper

Sweet

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ware

Quote:
Legal drugs cost more. The government doesn't make money off drugs or overcrowded prisons. Your post doesn't make sense.
Do do not know what you are talking about but that has never stopped you before.
Old 04-24-2012, 03:34 PM   #243
jhns
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Do do not know what you are talking about but that has never stopped you before.
I know exactly what I'm talking about.

You are an idiot.

See?
Old 04-24-2012, 03:45 PM   #244
baja
Happy camper

Sweet

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ware

Quote:
I know exactly what I'm talking about.

You are an idiot.

See?
No! No you do not. But no force on earth can get you to realize that. That is what makes you an idiot, see?
Old 04-24-2012, 03:48 PM   #245
jhns
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
No! No you do not. But no force on earth can get you to realize that. That is what makes you an idiot, see?
You can claim whatever you want. It won't make it true. You will learn this someday.
Old 04-26-2012, 08:41 AM   #246
baja
Happy camper

Sweet

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ware

Mexicans Fleeing Third World Country, Heading Back to Mexico

By McCullough
Wednesday April 25, 2012

A four-decade tidal wave of Mexican immigration to the United States has receded, causing a historic shift in migration patterns as more Mexicans appear to be leaving the United States for Mexico than the other way around, according to a report from the Pew Hispanic Center.

It looks to be the first reversal in the trend since the Depression, and experts say that a declining Mexican birthrate and other factors may make it permanent. ďI think the massive boom in Mexican immigration is over and I donít think it will ever return to the numbers we saw in the 1990s and 2000s,Ē said Douglas Massey, a professor of sociology and public affairs at Princeton University and co-director of the Mexican Migration Project, which has been gathering data on the subject for 30 years.

Nearly 1.4 million Mexicans moved from the United States to Mexico between 2005 and 2010, double the number who did so a decade earlier. The number of Mexicans who moved to the United States during that period fell to less than half of the 3 million who came between 1995 and 2000.

The trend could have major political consequences, underscoring the delicate dance by the Republican and Democratic parties as they struggle with immigration policies and court the increasingly important Latino vote.
Old 04-26-2012, 09:14 AM   #247
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

I said Do It!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher

Quote:
http://www.washingtonpost.com/local/...DdT_story.html

For first time since Depression, more Mexicans leave U.S. than enter
While something positive about that (and I am talking about illegal aliens going back home), it shows our economy has not recovered enough. Amazing what jobs Americans used to be able to get 10-15 years ago is now in the hands of illegal aliens. This is our Catch 22.
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 10:37 AM   #248
alkemical
Guerrilla Ontologist

rorrim|mirror

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Prima Materia

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncocalijohn View Post
While something positive about that (and I am talking about illegal aliens going back home), it shows our economy has not recovered enough. Amazing what jobs Americans used to be able to get 10-15 years ago is now in the hands of illegal aliens. This is our Catch 22.
Americans could still do those jobs...they just don't want to.

"Dem mexicans are stealin' our jobs! But I don't want to compete with them for it!"
Old 04-26-2012, 10:44 AM   #249
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

I said Do It!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher

Quote:
Americans could still do those jobs...they just don't want to.

"Dem mexicans are stealin' our jobs! But I don't want to compete with them for it!"
How can you compete when an air conditioning tech (or construction) was getting $15-$20 an hour is now being done by illegals for less? It isn't that they don't want to do it but that the employers have found a group of workers that will do it at $10 or less and they can't complain because they are paid under the table.
If you want to talk about the locals after Katrina not working when there was a ton of cleanup work, then you have a point. That is New Orleans not the West.
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 10:48 AM   #250
alkemical
Guerrilla Ontologist

rorrim|mirror

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Prima Materia

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncocalijohn View Post
How can you compete when an air conditioning tech (or construction) was getting $15-$20 an hour is now being done by illegals for less? It isn't that they don't want to do it but that the employers have found a group of workers that will do it at $10 or less and they can't complain because they are paid under the table.
If you want to talk about the locals after Katrina not working when there was a ton of cleanup work, then you have a point. That is New Orleans not the West.
Sorry man, it's the 'mentality' of the free market. If you don't want to compete, then stop b****ing about it. Is the goal of a company to pay workers less than they want, so you maintain high margins?

If you don't like it...start your own company and hire mexicans and compete that way.

"I'm not working for $10/hr less" - well, that's entitlement mentality right there.