The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-23-2012, 12:58 PM   #26
Mat'hir Uth Gan
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 1,684
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by houghtam View Post
Interesting how that article doesn't mention Wolfe dropping 15 pounds between the combine and his pro day.

http://www.profootballweekly.com/pro...erek-wolfe-95/



Not a first rounder.
I think that weight loss rumor was bunk. Gil Brandt mis-typed up his report, the only one I'm aware of, and everyone ran off of that. His Pro Day was a week after the Combine, not sure how you drop 15 lbs in a week, but my love handles would like to find out.

I do agree it will be tough for Wolfe to get in the 1st round. It's a deep DT draft class, and while there are quite a few 34 teams at the back end (and the Pats are very interested in him "supposably"), I think he goes in the early-mid second to a 34 team as a DE, though a team in the middle that likes undersized DTs like Tennessee or Chicago makes sense too.
Mat'hir Uth Gan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 01:00 PM   #27
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU
 
DBroncos4life's Avatar
 
Bacon bits

Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: The wrong side of right.
Posts: 28,577

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by houghtam View Post
Soooo...dropping 15 pounds in a few days =/= concern?

Not a first rounder.
Pats have two 2nd rounders dont they? I'm sure they like Wolfe there. Honestly if the Pats were really good at drafting they would use the picks instead of trading them.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 01:03 PM   #28
pricejj
jungle
 
pricejj's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Louisville, CO
Posts: 8,291
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBroncos4life View Post
Who even plays in the big east anymore.
Kendall Reyes
pricejj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 01:04 PM   #29
Shananahan
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

I'm not going to lie, if they take a defensive tackle in the first round my brain will find a way to view it positively and become excited no matter who it is.
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 01:06 PM   #30
Mediator12
OM analyst
 
Mediator12's Avatar
 
Quanterus Smith was MY freakin Pick

Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: INDY
Posts: 10,062

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pricejj View Post


Wolfe is the real deal. Patriots and Steelers are goo goo over him. Like I said, I wouldn't doubt the Patriots take him at #27 or #31.

C'mon EFX...grow some cajones. It's real tough to find impact UT's, and Wolfe has all the makings of something special.
Patriots and steelers are interested in him as an Active 5 Tech and not a 3 Tech. However, he is also inflated due to the lack of supply of 3-4 DE's, as opposed to the fact he is a solid Pass rusher.

Wolfe has a lot of skill, but he is maxed out as player, had a great scheme to be productive as a DE/DT tweener, and is sloppy with his tech. What you see is what you get with him, and he is a pass rusher and penetrator who gets washed out of plays run at him.

I would cringe to pick him as a first rounder, even a low first rounder. Late second I would be much happier. Right now I see him as a rotational pass rushing 3 Tech and not an everydown DT.
Mediator12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 01:07 PM   #31
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU
 
DBroncos4life's Avatar
 
Bacon bits

Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: The wrong side of right.
Posts: 28,577

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pricejj View Post
Kendall Reyes
I was talking about teams.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 01:08 PM   #32
houghtam
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 6,396
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mat'hir Uth Gan View Post
I think that weight loss rumor was bunk. Gil Brandt mis-typed up his report, the only one I'm aware of, and everyone ran off of that. His Pro Day was a week after the Combine, not sure how you drop 15 lbs in a week, but my love handles would like to find out.

I do agree it will be tough for Wolfe to get in the 1st round. It's a deep DT draft class, and while there are quite a few 34 teams at the back end (and the Pats are very interested in him "supposably"), I think he goes in the early-mid second to a 34 team as a DE, though a team in the middle that likes undersized DTs like Tennessee or Chicago makes sense too.
More or less I agree. PFW has him as a 4th rounder. Several other sites have him anywhere from mid-2nd to 4th. I think what's going to happen is he'll get taken in the middle of a run on D linemen sometime in the late second or early third.
houghtam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 01:12 PM   #33
Mediator12
OM analyst
 
Mediator12's Avatar
 
Quanterus Smith was MY freakin Pick

Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: INDY
Posts: 10,062

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gyldenlove View Post
Reyes is nowhere near my top 10, he has busty mcbusterson written all over him.
Seriously? Kid came in as LB, played DE, then grew into a DT when his frame filled out. He was totally raw and still learning the nuances of DT and produced.

However, every time I see him play, I think of Trevor Pryce as a 3T who actually has a motor, is competitive, and is not worried about his other career. He is NOT going to be ready for the NFL right out of the gate, but he might just be the best 3T when this is all said and done.

I like him alot.
Mediator12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 01:20 PM   #34
Requiem
~~~
 
Requiem's Avatar
 
~ ~ ~

Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Earth Division
Posts: 23,074

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara
Default

Another crappy article from IAOFM. At least Tony didn't post it. That is all he has been doing lately.

Ta'amu isn't a Golden Bear either. Has no idea what he is talking about.
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 01:36 PM   #35
TonyR
Franchise Poster
 
TonyR's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Mid-Atlantic
Posts: 18,630
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem View Post
Another crappy article from IAOFM. At least Tony didn't post it. That is all he has been doing lately.
I don't know why I even respond to such garbage, but........ Why the need to declare yourself the authority on such things and pick fights? And what is it that you do? Lately or otherwise? Show us something you've posted that's remotely on par with the quality of this article. That or just shut up and keep your ad hominems to yourself. If you're trying to be one of the "cool kids" with your unprovoked criticism you're failing miserably.
TonyR is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 01:55 PM   #36
Requiem
~~~
 
Requiem's Avatar
 
~ ~ ~

Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Earth Division
Posts: 23,074

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyR View Post
I don't know why I even respond to such garbage, but........ Why the need to declare yourself the authority on such things and pick fights? And what is it that you do? Lately or otherwise? Show us something you've posted that's remotely on par with the quality of this article. That or just shut up and keep your ad hominems to yourself. If you're trying to be one of the "cool kids" with your unprovoked criticism you're failing miserably.
Are you getting paid 10 cents per IOAFM article you post? Don't get your panties in a bunch. You can pull them off for Ted later.
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 02:01 PM   #37
houghtam
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 6,396
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyR View Post
And what is it that you do? Lately or otherwise? Show us something you've posted that's remotely on par with the quality of this article.
And what makes these guys special? They have a website? It's four guys (nobodies) who write about football. They used to write for MHR (woooooo.). BFD, little known fact...I used to write for a sports website. I guess that makes me a sportswriter and authority as well? Here are their backgrounds, taken from the site itself:

TJ Johnson -

Emmett Smith (no, no that one) -

Doug Lee -
Quote:
"Despite being a face painter, Doug is actually married and lives in Brooklyn with his wife."
Ted Bartlett (not to be confused with Jed Bartlett) -
Quote:
"He works as a Divisional Controller for a Fortune 100 company, and is a student in a part-time MBA program."
http://www.itsalloverfatman.com/broncos/about
houghtam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 02:10 PM   #38
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck
 
SonOfLe-loLang's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 19,168

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by houghtam View Post
And what makes these guys special? They have a website? It's four guys (nobodies) who write about football. They used to write for MHR (woooooo.). BFD, little known fact...I used to write for a sports website. I guess that makes me a sportswriter and authority as well? Here are their backgrounds, taken from the site itself:

TJ Johnson -

Emmett Smith (no, no that one) -

Doug Lee -

Ted Bartlett (not to be confused with Jed Bartlett) -

http://www.itsalloverfatman.com/broncos/about
Regardless if you agree with them or not, their articles are always thoughtful. No one is a sports "authority" because even the pros get it wrong constantly. The IAOFM guys generally state lucid reasons for the predicitions they make.
SonOfLe-loLang is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 02:16 PM   #39
CEH
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 3,921
Default

I have Wolfe as a 3rd round grade DT with Mike Martin
Still , Reyes, Thompson .Ta'Amu (Washington) 2nd round grade
We'll see where he goes.
CEH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 02:16 PM   #40
Requiem
~~~
 
Requiem's Avatar
 
~ ~ ~

Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Earth Division
Posts: 23,074

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfLe-loLang View Post
Regardless if you agree with them or not, their articles are always thoughtful. No one is a sports "authority" because even the pros get it wrong constantly. The IAOFM guys generally state lucid reasons for the predicitions they make.
Even the Tebow hate, just for hate's sake?
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 02:18 PM   #41
Requiem
~~~
 
Requiem's Avatar
 
~ ~ ~

Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Earth Division
Posts: 23,074

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CEH View Post
I have Wolfe as a 3rd round grade DT with Mike Martin
Still , Reyes, Thompson .Ta'Amu (Washington) 2nd round grade
We'll see where he goes.
I'll be sad if we miss out on Ta'amu -- he spoke recently and thinks the Rams will take him @ 33. However, rumors are they might take Cox @ 6. Either way, we won't know -- but I hope we don't miss out on some of the better prospects.

I just don't see guys like Winn, Wolfe, Martin and a few others listed above really making that much of an impact. I don't really like Still that much either.

I hope we can get Worthy, Reyes, Ta'amu or Thompson between 1 and 2. I'm assuming Brockers, Cox and Poe will go before we pick. I think Winn, Wolfe, Martin or Still means we missed out on the best and will be getting some average players.

JMHO. Just hope we have a good draft and whoever we pick ends up being a beast.

GO BRONCOS!
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 02:19 PM   #42
Mediator12
OM analyst
 
Mediator12's Avatar
 
Quanterus Smith was MY freakin Pick

Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: INDY
Posts: 10,062

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson
Default

Hey, why all the personal crap? Come on, this thread had a very football talk feel.
Mediator12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 02:21 PM   #43
Requiem
~~~
 
Requiem's Avatar
 
~ ~ ~

Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Earth Division
Posts: 23,074

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mediator12 View Post
Hey, why all the personal crap? Come on, this thread had a very football talk feel.
I'm sorry Mediator. I'm just angry that the UDFA award list hasn't been put out yet.
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 02:22 PM   #44
Natedogg
1st Amendment Protection
 
Natedogg's Avatar
 
You givin' me a ride home Russell??

Join Date: May 2005
Location: Narcville, USA
Posts: 2,107

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Travis Henry
Default

I'd kill for analysis as good as at IAOFM (despite its flaws) to be on the Mane.

Used to be a lot more of it here, in my opinion. This site used to be the best on the web for pure Broncos football talk (SoCal, Med, Drek, Fontain, others are the posters here who are still doing it, but less often it feels like. Camp reports from here were/are awesome too.)

Now the analysis here has been eclipsed, and I go somewhere else for it. Still like the Mane for the community, but less and less for deep football insight.

Disparaging the writers at IAOFM by calling them "nobodies" is a pretty weak ad homonym attack. Bashing someone for posting a link to an article about the Broncos draft is a head scratcher too.

If you actually read their posts, I think they're pretty darn good, despite not being on television, or pft.com.

TL; DR: clicked this link to see intelligent takes from maners on an interesting draft post, found a bunch of name calling.

Last edited by Natedogg; 04-23-2012 at 02:24 PM..
Natedogg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 02:29 PM   #45
elsid13
Lost In Space
 
elsid13's Avatar
 
Bóg, Honor, Ojczyzna

Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: DC
Posts: 19,721
Default

At the end of the day, I wouldn't be surprised if all the DT are drafted later then folks think. I wouldn't be surprised if the first one doesn't come off the board until pick #15
elsid13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 02:30 PM   #46
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck
 
SonOfLe-loLang's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 19,168

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem View Post
Even the Tebow hate, just for hate's sake?
One of them consistently ragged on him, but another one of their writers did not. Plus, i dont think it was for "hates sake," he constantly said why he didnt like him as a QB, though i admit he got tiresome. Regardless, that doesn't make their thoughtful articles any less valid.
SonOfLe-loLang is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 02:31 PM   #47
Requiem
~~~
 
Requiem's Avatar
 
~ ~ ~

Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Earth Division
Posts: 23,074

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfLe-loLang View Post
One of them consistently ragged on him, but another one of their writers did not. Plus, i dont think it was for "hates sake," he constantly said why he didnt like him as a QB, though i admit he got tiresome. Regardless, that doesn't make their thoughtful articles any less valid.
For sure and I don't hate the site at all, I was just busting Tony's balls. Maybe he was having a bad day. I'd drink beers with any of those goons or all of ya'll. Hipsters get PBR, so get me a PBR.
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 02:32 PM   #48
pricejj
jungle
 
pricejj's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Louisville, CO
Posts: 8,291
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by elsid13 View Post
At the end of the day, I wouldn't be surprised if all the DT are drafted later then folks think. I wouldn't be surprised if the first one doesn't come off the board until pick #15
I would be surprised if Cox falls that far. I have viewed him as a poor mans Marcel Dareus since the start of this year's draft process.
pricejj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 02:38 PM   #49
houghtam
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 6,396
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natedogg View Post
Disparaging the writers at IAOFM by calling them "nobodies" is a pretty weak ad homonym attack.
You're right, next time I want thorough football analysis I'll go ask my brother (Director of Purchasing for a Fortune 500 company) and Dandy the Clown, who does great face painting in the Lansing area. His resume's here: http://www.shortdwarf.com/resumepro.htm

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfLe-loLang
Regardless if you agree with them or not, their articles are always thoughtful.
My two year old probably put a lot of thought into coloring in his Cars 2 coloring book, but it doesn't make it look any less like...a two year old coloring in a Cars 2 coloring book.
houghtam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 02:40 PM   #50
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck
 
SonOfLe-loLang's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 19,168

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by houghtam View Post
You're right, next time I want thorough football analysis I'll go ask my brother (Director of Purchasing for a Fortune 500 company) and Dandy the Clown, who does great face painting in the Lansing area. His resume's here: http://www.shortdwarf.com/resumepro.htm



My two year old probably put a lot of thought into coloring in his Cars 2 coloring book, but it doesn't make it look any less like...a two year old coloring in a Cars 2 coloring book.
I think you're full of a ****...or dont read a lot of their articles.
SonOfLe-loLang is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:10 AM.


Denver Broncos