The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 04-11-2012, 08:30 AM   #576
v2micca
Ring of Famer

Richard III was a field guide.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
Frankly I hope they jam books 4 and 5 into one season
Doubtful. Book 5 was longer than any of the previous volumes. Plus, Martin probably still needs another 3 years at least before he can finish book 6. So, if HBO intends to continue the series that long, they will need the lead time.
v2micca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 08:49 AM   #577
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by v2micca View Post
Doubtful. Book 5 was longer than any of the previous volumes. Plus, Martin probably still needs another 3 years at least before he can finish book 6. So, if HBO intends to continue the series that long, they will need the lead time.
And let's be serious... very little actually happened.
TheReverend is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 09:40 AM   #578
v2micca
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
And let's be serious... very little actually happened.
Eh, more happened than in book 4. Don't want to go too much into the spoilers, but a lot of stuff went down with a lot of characters in book 5.
Old 04-11-2012, 11:18 AM   #579
underrated29
Ahoy

You lika da sexy

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by v2micca View Post
Eh, more happened than in book 4. Don't want to go too much into the spoilers, but a lot of stuff went down with a lot of characters in book 5.

Id have to agree with this.

I did not like 4 very much. Nothing happened at all. Without spoiling too much, a person in power, made moves with personnel- thats one episode which took the entire book to do.

Another person came into power (which we all expected)- that is one episode which took an entire book to do.

Another person- went on an exploration and learned and lived as another-this will take two episodes.

Another person was sent on an exploration with a few colleagues,-this will take 1 episode

Another person- was on a self imposed quest- 3 episodes if lucky

And lastly another person and family members squabbled over who is ruling/ruler etc etc.

Thats like 8 episodes if you draw it out....which I am not sure can be done.

I am only about 475 pages into book 5. But there is way more I think in 5.

we have already:
our little adventure with the Whargs
the wall and wildlings
Reek- who rhymes with bleak
The onion
the battle of asha
The ship sailing through the swamp lands and fog and the people aboard it
Denaryous

That right there is like 7 episodes and I am not even half way into the book.

PS- I like this book sooooooo much more than 4.
underrated29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 04:13 PM   #580
Boobs McGee
I promise to stay alive

till the day that I die

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matty P

http://theoatmeal.com/comics/game_of_thrones

http://theoatmeal.com/comics/winter_is_coming
Boobs McGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 11:23 AM   #581
Old Dude
Super Moderator

Consultant

Season 2, Episode 4 should be a humdinger.
Old Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 12:20 PM   #582
Fedaykin
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Dude View Post
Season 2, Episode 4 should be a humdinger.
** MILD SPOILERS ***

Season/Book two starts out a bit slow, but holy hell does it get roaring! They are accelerating a lot of the story lines which is helping a lot.

Those of you who love action/battles are in for an awesome spectacle if they can pull it off in the budget. It'll never match the awesome picture that's in my head, but hopefully they can at least do it justice.

The book ain't called "A Clash of Kings" for the hell of it.

The story at the wall lights up as well, upping the ante on the peril from the north.

Dany's story is very slow in this book/season, but also has a spectacular ending. Though I do wonder who they cast as Strong Belwas? I always pictured a guy with the body and fashion sense of a sumo wrestler.
Fedaykin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 11:59 PM   #583
Taco John
24/7 Broncos

All Hail King Midas

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning

I've finally caught up in the book with the series. Definitely like the books better. I don't understand why they've taken the departures from the book that they've taken in some of the instances. It's distracting. Also, there must be a TON of stuff that happens in between chapter 50 and 70, because they've pretty much spent 3 episodes to cover chapters 1-50, and still have 7 more episodes to go.
Taco John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 12:05 AM   #584
Taco John
24/7 Broncos

All Hail King Midas

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning

I'm looking forward to how they SPOILER: ( portray the death of Renly Baratheon )
Old 04-18-2012, 12:31 AM   #585
Archer81
Optimum Homo

Tactical Neck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco John View Post
I'm looking forward to how they SPOILER: ( portray the death of Renly Baratheon )

Makes two of us.

Archer81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 12:32 AM   #586
Archer81
Optimum Homo

Tactical Neck.

My brother and my mother love who they cast as the woman who joins Renly's kingsguard...her name escapes me at the moment. All I could think was damn that's a big b****.

Archer81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 03:16 AM   #587
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

The last 2 episodes were sort of boring. Great acting though and i get that they are setting up all the characters before the big battles start. I loved how the Imp set up how to find out who the queens spy was. He's a smart little dude.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 10:02 AM   #588
El Guapo
aka mav_7. who?

Quote:
I'm looking forward to that as well. And as far as "spoiler" tags being implemented:

El Guapo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 12:56 PM   #589
BroncsRule
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhcyennek81 View Post
My brother and my mother love who they cast as the woman who joins Renly's kingsguard...her name escapes me at the moment. All I could think was damn that's a big b****.

Brienne - the Maid of Tarth. She becomes a major character, and yes, first look says they did a good job with the casting - again.
BroncsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 04:35 PM   #590
El Guapo
aka mav_7. who?

Is the actress honestly that tall or is it camera trickery?
El Guapo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 04:41 PM   #591
Old Dude
Super Moderator

Consultant

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Guapo View Post
Is the actress honestly that tall or is it camera trickery?
According to her film profile, she's 6'3.

I don't think she's fibbing.
Old Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 09:39 AM   #592
Fedaykin
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

OK, they did a decent job of the dragon fire melted stronghold of Harrenhall even with the radical changes made so far (are they really going to cut Roose out -- that's going to be hard to work around later on), and the actress playing Arya continues to impress.

The scene with the prostitutes and Joffrey was added -- I think in order to make up for not being able to show the true nastiness that sadist Joffrey visits on Sansa. The throne room scene was a relatively tame (if you can believe it) compression of a series of escalating cruelties.

Finally -- I'm actually impressed with what they did with the shadow *spoiler* {assassin} so far. A lot different that what I envisioned in my head, and so far a lot better as well.

And finally. Bronn. How can you not love a guy who has no problem saying about his (deserving of the moniker) King: "Can't fix being a ****"?
Fedaykin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 10:25 AM   #593
v2micca
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fedaykin View Post
And finally. Bronn. How can you not love a guy who has no problem saying about his (deserving of the moniker) King: "Can't fix being a ****"?
God yes. I love Bronn. He is yet another actor perfectly cast for the part. He seems to get some of the best one-liners in the series and tends to make the most out of them.
Old 04-23-2012, 11:00 AM   #594
lolcopter

Looking forward to Joffrey's demise. Sadistic little ****...

Sansa is gorgeous. Love her
Old 04-23-2012, 11:01 AM   #595
JLesSPE
Pro Bowler

Quote:
are they really going to cut Roose out -- that's going to be hard to work around later on
Not completely, he was talking to Rob I think this last episode. That kind of confused me that Arrya is now Tywin's cup bearer but Bolton is still in the show...like they just moved where he is. Maybe they'll bring him into Harrenhal later or something. Its been so long since I read the second book a lot of these detail changes are having me question what I read. I think it would've been better as a 30 episode season airing 3 episodes a week...not possible I know
JLesSPE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 11:06 AM   #596
Taco John
24/7 Broncos

All Hail King Midas

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning

Quote:
OK, they did a decent job of the dragon fire melted stronghold of Harrenhall even with the radical changes made so far (are they really going to cut Roose out -- that's going to be hard to work around later on), and the actress playing Arya continues to impress.

The scene with the prostitutes and Joffrey was added -- I think in order to make up for not being able to show the true nastiness that sadist Joffrey visits on Sansa. The throne room scene was a relatively tame (if you can believe it) compression of a series of escalating cruelties.

Finally -- I'm actually impressed with what they did with the shadow *spoiler* {assassin} so far. A lot different that what I envisioned in my head, and so far a lot better as well.

FYI - [ spoiler ] tags are working. Just put whatever the spoiler is between the tags.
Old 04-23-2012, 11:35 AM   #597
Taco John
24/7 Broncos

All Hail King Midas

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLesSPE View Post
Not completely, he was talking to Rob I think this last episode. That kind of confused me that Arrya is now Tywin's cup bearer but Bolton is still in the show...like they just moved where he is. Maybe they'll bring him into Harrenhal later or something. Its been so long since I read the second book a lot of these detail changes are having me question what I read. I think it would've been better as a 30 episode season airing 3 episodes a week...not possible I know
The second season is very different from the book. I'm wondering if they're even going to show Jaquen's three kills. They've advanced the plot well past the Weasel Soup incident - or so it would seem.
Old 04-23-2012, 11:39 AM   #598
McDman
Ring of Famer

Huzzah!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

They didn't make Brienne ugly enough though.
McDman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 11:52 AM   #599
lolcopter

Quote:
Originally Posted by McDman View Post
They didn't make Brienne ugly enough though.
Disagree
Old 04-23-2012, 11:56 AM   #600
JLesSPE
Pro Bowler

Quote:
The second season is very different from the book. I'm wondering if they're even going to show Jaquen's three kills. They've advanced the plot well past the Weasel Soup incident - or so it would seem.
In the preview for next week Jaquen mentions that he owes Arrya 3 lives or something to that effect so I imagine it'll happen next week. There is just so much detail to put into ~10 hours of film. Oh well, its still fun to watch.
JLesSPE is offline   Reply With Quote